Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kcladyz
Msg: 73
feminine manPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I will never date a feminine man. i will always assume he is a gay man in denial. I met a man like this. I sworn he was gay for he acted real feminine but turns out he was married and everything. crazy
 walkingtall38
Msg: 74
feminine man
Posted: 12/11/2011 8:01:16 AM

I will never date a feminine man. i will always assume he is a gay man in denial.

Lol...oh boy, the gloves are off now.

I foresee a barrage of awful analogies including midgets, Star Wars, and jalapenos on a stick coming this way to a theatre near you.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 75
feminine man
Posted: 12/11/2011 8:55:25 AM
and jalapenos

I, for one, would have a nicer time dating jalepenos than dating many of the girls from my area.

Cant go wrong with jalepenos; especially when they're baked
 walkingtall38
Msg: 76
feminine man
Posted: 12/11/2011 9:01:20 AM

Cant go wrong with jalepenos; especially when they're baked

Long as they're not cream cheese filled. Don't care for those. Cheddar cheese and bacon though. Yeah, those are awesome.

Can't say I could date a jalapeno. Wouldn't bode well for them. Pretty sure I would end up eating them probably halfway through the date.

:(

Unless of course they were cream cheese filled but that's a red flag to me anyways.

>_>
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 77
view profile
History
feminine man
Posted: 12/12/2011 4:39:44 AM

I hear ya, No Transgenders for me. I go for 100% female, I like strong confident women that don't look like a muscle man but like females toned cut.

Ya, I know not everyone's into them...for me it doesn't really matter, I like the same qualities in both ciswomen and transwomen, and don't have a preference. And ya, strong, confident, not like a body builder but nicely toned is so hot, totally agree there.
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 78
feminine man
Posted: 12/12/2011 6:57:56 AM

I can't date an effeminate guy. I like to feel protected... I dated a somewhat metro guy once... And that just got annoying, as he talked about his hair more than I did... And too many scarves! Lol

I agree entirely. There are definitely. A man has to be protective and masculine. Not effeminate. I won't even give a guy who looks at me in a female way the time of day. It is such a total turn off. Makes me sick. Men who constantly try to imitate flaming homosexuals as a "joke" and swish their hips around and using that "voice" just make me sick. I do not want to see my man do that.

Can't figure out why some men think that's funny to do in front of a woman. Best way to turn me COMPLETELY off.
 shortskirts
Msg: 79
feminine man
Posted: 12/12/2011 11:31:12 AM
The OP could be me..right now. I have been dating a man that I met on here for about 6 weeks now & we see each other about every other day. I love emailing and talking to him on the phone but when I see him in person I am bothered by how girly he is. He brought me flowers and insisted on arranging them himself, he fusses over everything in a bit of a prissy way, he has a very effeminate way of speaking, he loves getting facials and many other things that come under the heading of femininity. BUT...sex with him is off the charts the BEST I have ever had in my life. No one else even comes close. Best ever. And he is very sweet to me. I like him but I question whether it is the sex that I am addicted to. I am really torn because I am trying to give him a chance but I don't know if femininity is a deal breaker for me. I am not usually attracted to the prissy type. He is not metro.
Before you jump all over my ass--I am not bashing him--just saying that he is not what I am used to. I don't think he is gay but if I wasn't having such drop dead sex with him and just met him on the street I would immediately peg him as gay.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 80
feminine man
Posted: 12/12/2011 4:42:59 PM

Before you jump all over my ass--I am not bashing him--just saying that he is not what I am used to. I don't think he is gay but if I wasn't having such drop dead sex with him and just met him on the street I would immediately peg him as gay.

Is that maybe why you have a turned off feeling? (because you feel that 'others' might peg him as gay, or not fitting in with "the men" as much as you would like?)

Not attacking; just wondering.

Alot of people decisions are very influenced by how they feel others would perceive things in their life.....um....including mine. (I'm not too arrogant or self unaware to realize this fact)
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 81
feminine man
Posted: 12/12/2011 9:24:05 PM
I really wish all those women that posted on the 'independent women' thread would come over here to provide some enlightenment. Manly, protected, secure, hahahaha

Independent woman here. What does your statement have to do with anything? Because some women have the illusion that a man can protect them does not negate the fact that many women feel perfectly competent taking care of themselves.

I could go into a lengthy discourse about the fact that women have, historically speaking, quite often protected themselves and their children from many dangers--fires, predators, etc., and how a woman is only at a disadvantage if she is alone and threatened by, uh, a man (men have more muscle than women, therefore they are stronger even if somewhat smaller). But, I won't. Think it through yourself.

More importantly, what most men who are intimidated by independent women do not understand is that we are attracted to men who are actually very manly--as in, those men who do not feel threatened by a woman who does not *need* them, but chooses to be with them anyway.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 82
feminine man
Posted: 12/12/2011 11:04:23 PM

Have any of you ladies got with a feminine guy?

is'nt that what women have espousing they want in men these days ??

lol

very open with his feelings,

ya right...

quit confusing these younger generation of men.

I'm usually attracted to manly types,

as are virtually ALL women...if not all...
 Aries_328
Msg: 83
view profile
History
feminine man
Posted: 12/12/2011 11:47:37 PM

I could go into a lengthy discourse about the fact that women have

hahahaha, No thanks. I stopped reading. There was a very long thread on it already. This thread and that one are very funny together. Please post in that other thread if you want to go on and on about your independence...
 DJoseph54
Msg: 84
feminine man
Posted: 12/13/2011 3:12:35 AM

More importantly, what most men who are intimidated by independent women do not understand is that we are attracted to men who are actually very manly--as in, those men who do not feel threatened by a woman who does not *need* them, but chooses to be with them anyway.

....If one wants to breathe, they can want all they want to, but they need air. If one wants to not starve, they need food, etc.

....One can want all they desire, or even attempt to be politically correct by out of context western psychology, but if a woman wants a man for a relationship, or for any other reason, she absolutely needs a man.
 middleofnowherelady
Msg: 85
feminine man
Posted: 12/13/2011 4:40:08 AM
Go you!!!!! Not insecure enough to need a guy to ooh 'protect' me. Would love to find a best friend/lover just like you!!!!!!! Feminine guys are too few and far between I reckon......whats wrong with you ladies? An insecure need to be dominated maybe? Bring on the equal EVERY time I say.....just wish I could find one ):
 cutenperky2
Msg: 86
feminine man
Posted: 12/13/2011 5:47:11 PM
I personally like a man man.. someone who i know and feel can protect me. I find that a huge turn on .. I do like romance in a man and that is a huge turn on too. Not sure if thats a feminine quality. The guy I am with now is very sweet but also manly. I wouldnt want to see a guy again like the one you are explaining
 free4all131220
Msg: 87
feminine man
Posted: 12/13/2011 6:16:24 PM
Plenty of guys go shopping...I see them at the mall when I'm there.

they're just there to scan out the women, if they're just there to buy something they're usually only there for a few minutes. OR they're therre with their wife or GF holding her purse so she can try something on(wondering who's winning the ballgame they gave up to be there)LOL

p.s. thanks meg
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 88
feminine man
Posted: 12/13/2011 7:23:27 PM

OR they're therre with their wife or GF holding her purse so she can try something on(wondering who's winning the ballgame they gave up to be there)

Taking a few turns in the vibrating lazy boy; or on the man bench
 shortskirts
Msg: 89
feminine man
Posted: 12/14/2011 12:26:13 PM

Is that maybe why you have a turned off feeling? (because you feel that 'others' might peg him as gay, or not fitting in with "the men" as much as you would like?)

Not attacking; just wondering.

Yes I have to admit that this is true. He hasn't met any of my friends yet and I think that maybe I would be a little embarrassed by how girly he comes across.
Last night he saw a shoe box from some shoes I just bought and he said "Oh, Via Spiga-that's a good shoe". wtf? How does any man know about Via Spiga? He also recognized my Christopher Radko Christmas ornaments--again no straight man would know what those are. It's things like that.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 90
feminine man
Posted: 12/14/2011 12:29:21 PM
I like my women strongly on the feminine side, but able and willing to pitch in and break a nail if the situation calls for it.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 91
feminine man
Posted: 12/14/2011 12:41:47 PM

Last night he saw a shoe box from some shoes I just bought and he said "Oh, Via Spiga-that's a good shoe". wtf? How does any man know about Via Spiga? He also recognized my Christopher Radko Christmas ornaments--again no straight man would know what those are.

Oh My God; you've found yourself a hybrid.

Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 92
feminine man
Posted: 12/14/2011 12:42:27 PM
Unless your friend tells you he likes men, it is just the way he is. If he is as close in friendship to you, he would have told you this by now.

I have a friend who is like that. He is just well-groomed, gets a pedi/mani done every two weeks, and is anal about keeping his home clean. He is married, very attentive to his wife and children. He delivered all four of his babies at home and is super close with his kids, fusses over them more than his own wife does. It is just the way he is.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 93
feminine man
Posted: 12/14/2011 2:05:11 PM

He also recognized my Christopher Radko Christmas ornaments--again no straight man would know what those are. It's things like that.

ONE straight man would know what those are.....ME.
They have a large inventory of them at Rogers Gardens in Newport Beach, CA, which draws huge crowds to its Christmas Fantasy displays every December.
 good_catch77
Msg: 94
feminine man
Posted: 12/17/2011 12:49:37 AM
The stereotypes of feminine men ring loud and proud in this thread. From both sexes, gotta love em. They are just defense mechanisms, It's like the nice guy bashing the bad boys, the overweight girls bashing the skinny girls, the jocks mocking the nerds and many more. It is kind of sad really.

We've all done it over the years esp after we get our butts hurt. But like other things just because one guy is a feminine man and over does it a little bit, like the dude that knows the shoes or Christmas decor. So ALL feminine men get labeled to the few extreme.

I keep a clean house, not immaculate but clean...am I feminine since I'm not a slob?
I use lotion, esp in the winter on my hands because they get so dry they crack and bleed...does that make me feminine?
I can cook for myself and do quite well...in fact I've had thoughts of being a chef...am I a feminine since I can cook?
I have lots of clothes and a few shoes...I like to look nice and I bargain shop...does that mean I'm feminine since I don't go for the 1st thing I come to?

There are too many extremes with examples. There is no room for people in the middle. That have the respect for them selves to do what they feel is right not what their friends or someone on fb or here says is right. Call me what you wish but don't stereotype me and ASSume things.

Best of luck to everyone
 114M3
Msg: 95
feminine man
Posted: 12/17/2011 1:10:53 AM

Last night he saw a shoe box from some shoes I just bought and he said "Oh, Via Spiga-that's a good shoe". wtf? How does any man know about Via Spiga? He also recognized my Christopher Radko Christmas ornaments--again no straight man would know what those are.

Last time I checked I'm a woman and I have no friggin idea what "Via Spiga" and "Christopher Radko" are (apart from the fact that they have "shoe" and "christmas ornaments" attached to them) ....... perhaps I should check my femininity again just to see if its still there!? .....

Btw, not to veer off topic but just a thought: Is Christopher Radko a real person and if he is, (I'm assuming he is a man), based on the above I quoted, wouldn't it be sort of ironic that he is a man whose does Christmas ornaments?? ..... perhaps, based on all the assumptions in this thread, might it be too far off to say he may be gay too? ....
 UnknownSld
Msg: 96
feminine man
Posted: 12/17/2011 10:26:22 AM
loveyalongtimeox: You would have to be more specific. Most of the girls I know are country girls so they don't mind getting a little dirty but are very girly at the same time.

shortskirts: You have been dating the guy for six weeks and are already sleeping with him? Did you start sleeping with him the first week?

Ok, I will tell everyone the difference between a gay guy and a straight guy.

Gay guys : Dress in girls clothes, get pedicures, manicures, always have to have their hair perfect, wear make up, walk gay, talk gay, act gay, wear girly fashionable stuff like the fluffy feather things around their necks, overly anal about having everything clean and in place, basically gay guys act like women without a vagina.

Straight guys: Do none of the above. You can still be straight if you like to keep your house clean, nothing wrong with that. Same goes for wanting to be dressed nice once in a while but real men don't mind wearing t-shirts and jeans most of the time.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 97
view profile
History
feminine man
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:20:23 AM

Gay guys : Dress in girls clothes, get pedicures, manicures, always have to have their hair perfect, wear make up, walk gay, talk gay, act gay, wear girly fashionable stuff like the fluffy feather things around their necks, overly anal about having everything clean and in place, basically gay guys act like women without a vagina.

I should totally send that list to my dad's cousin and his husband, my best friend and his boyfriend, my second best friend and his husband, and my MP and his husband, so they know how they're supposed to act.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >