Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ksayer1
Msg: 134
view profile
History
feminine manPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Just for fun i thought i would mention some of my friends. Oh and i think people who don't have good friends of the oppisit sex do them selves a disservice.
60+ yr old biker who loves pedicures.
Ex bridge builder who loves to grow flowers and always cuts them for himself not just his wife.
Big biker looking dude who just loves his cat and cried and cried when it was lost for a while.
Construction worker who is better at decorating then i am.
All of these guys are very manly men. If you met them you would not think there could be anything but stereo typical manness about them.
 StrykinOut
Msg: 136
feminine man
Posted: 2/18/2013 9:46:49 AM
So affectionate, communicative, and tidy = feminine? If you are looking for a slobbish jerk who oozes machismo I know several.
 ksayer1
Msg: 137
view profile
History
feminine man
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:04:30 AM
Coma you are right.
It is funny because you hear about women chasing gay men because they are like their best girl friend. I think you should try to find those girls. I think a lot of women like ''pretty'' boys because they are attracted to their feminin qualities but they are still ''manly'' enough to keep them from being out of the norm so not getting ridiculed because of their bf.
It is all silly and too bad.
I am lucky to be a woman because there is a double standard there too. Many guys seem to like that i am not afraid to get dirty and break nails ect. But then i get to turn around file and paint the stubs, put on make up and go out on a sat night. I get to do what ever i want but i fall with in the ''norm'' i guess. My neice on the other hand got beat up one night for being too ''butch''
I wish social norms were not so programed into most people but it does seem to be getting better.
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 138
feminine man
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:32:23 AM
Maybe he is anal retentive, has OCD? The Miami guys are big players so that explains them. Works for the type of superficial chicks they pick up. Have you experienced the south Florida lifestyle by chance?It all about cars, beaches,clothing and nice pads.Men shop. What else is there to do with their money? Listening to some posters one would think they literally live in a some backwards village. I don't mean it as an insult , I really don't at all,but in every mall I have ever been in the ratio of gender was close to equal. Men also in today's business climate have to compete with guys half their age for same positions. That means he got to be somewhat youthful and dressing badly in cheap clothing can chase away clients faster than the plague.

"I don't have to outrun the dude chasing us, I just have to outrun you. And you're wearing heels! Ha Ha!"

What movie is that from? That's hilarious. I just put my old body armor on my date and she wont have to worry.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 141
feminine man
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:57:59 PM
I haven't been involved romantically with an overly feminine man but I've been attracted to one before.
I worked with him for many years....'every man' who knew him was completely convinced he was gay.
He wasn't...
And 'every woman' he came in contact with knew it...

He oozes femininity in the way he comes across, likes loads of affection, very open with his feelings, enjoys a gossip and shopping, very anal about a clean home

Men like this are few and far between in my experience....you may wanna hang on to him.
 ksayer1
Msg: 142
view profile
History
feminine man
Posted: 2/18/2013 1:46:48 PM
coma,
I have known women who were ''in love'' with gay men. Only 2 but it happens maybe because they felt so close, safe what ever.
It might be harder for you, but not impossible. Think about all the wrong ones you can weed out quickly :)
 ksayer1
Msg: 144
view profile
History
feminine man
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:00:33 PM
Coma, all i can say is in a perfect world we would all be free to look any way and participate in any interests we wanted with out being judged for it. People would only care about weather or not you were a good person. Some people confuse the two.
But it isnt a perfect world.
I have never been to a drag show, not too many where i live (not much of anything where i live lol!) have you? Maybe you would run into women who were more open to the idea at one of those or out at different clubs. I didnt look to see where you live, but maybe you should move to a bigger city with more diverese people. I might be the only person in my zipcode who has the views i do lol!!
 Rheostatic
Msg: 145
feminine man
Posted: 2/20/2013 8:08:38 AM

Guys who have a lot of sisters, especially older sisters, usually end up a bit feminine. Same as girl who have a lot of older brothers are likely to be tomboys. I have two older sisters and my tastes in music and movies are on the girly side (I love romantic movies and love songs). I would date a tomboy if she LOOKS feminine. If she looks manly, eh, no.

Please provide scientific evidence to support this ridiculous claim. Because otherwise you're just talking from personal exerience. And by that I mean, "out of your a**".
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 146
feminine man
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:17:47 AM
I'm so hugely drawn to manly men and Alpha males. A guy who likes to shop and gossip screams 'pansy.'

Blech.

No thanks.
 purrfectmeow
Msg: 148
feminine man
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:53:21 PM
Being Im on the Domme side, I know there are very masculine alpha male types that are submissive.
Some of which you would never dream of seeing in women's lingerie drinking tea from a bone china cup.
I know of one that crochets his own fine lace undergarments.

Far be it from me to judge what others enjoy :)
 mermaid140
Msg: 149
feminine man
Posted: 2/22/2013 7:31:07 AM
I dated a feminine man a few years back and he was more girly than me with his gestures. I didn't care for it so, I moved on...
 Perspektiv
Msg: 150
feminine man
Posted: 2/22/2013 12:24:10 PM
I'm a sensitive guy, and I guess luckily, it hasn't been a knock on me.

I say a knock, as I'm not a socially typical male. I can bake, cook, sew, and do a lot of things, that are stereotypically reserved for women. That said, I can do electrical work, fix a lot of things, car repairs, and the like. I'm fearless of getting dirty, as long as I clean myself up good, after.

I like being clean, and whether it got me teased or not, take the hygiene, right down to my feet, and take care of them, as well. I've had women seeing my feet, and being in shock, at how well kept that they are. To me, *all* guys should be taking care of their bodies and appearance.

Being sensitive, I've always still always had women tell me how safe they felt with me.

I guess it helps, that I've got a background in boxing. Also, the fact, you would have to drag me to go shopping with you, or shopping in general, so I guess I'm masculine in some ways.

To me, it's all about balance, really.

I'm the same way. I couldn't date an overly girly girl, and need a pinch of masculinity in a woman, in that she can watch sports and actually enjoy them, or play them or have the confidence in *knowing* she's beautiful, as opposed to having typical self-esteem issues about it. I.E Guy could have a gut, and still feel he's 1000 pushups away from a rock hard body.
 georgiapeach21
Msg: 153
feminine man
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:23:17 AM
I went on one date with a "feminine" man. There's a reason it was only one date. :P
 erica0912
Msg: 154
feminine man
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:54:28 AM
You seem to have found the balance like you said between that touch of softness women don't mind and masculinity. I am annoyed by the men who don't have the balance. You can't fix anything. You run screaming in terror at any opposition. You don't even stand up straight much less have a backbone. I'm still surprised at how many men that I encounter these days that can't change a flat tire, don't know anything about what's outside their front door,nor can they tell you the difference between the AFC and the NFC!! They can tell you about the latest lifetime movie, sale at bath and body works, and what's best for smooth skin!! Lmbo! No offense guys but if you look or feel to me softer than 2 ply, I will assume you're as weak as wet tissue as well and run for the hills!
 mermaid140
Msg: 155
feminine man
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:45:16 AM

Baking, cooking, sewing, seem to recall learning all of that in the Navy since we all liked being able to eat good food and repair our own uniforms n such :)

I wouldn't call above a feminine man. Its mainly his gestures. For example how he stands or holds out his pinky when he drinks....
 sassybaby2013
Msg: 157
feminine man
Posted: 2/23/2013 10:19:27 AM
I would not use the word low value. Your not a commodity, your a human being.
 sassybaby2013
Msg: 159
feminine man
Posted: 2/23/2013 10:48:18 AM
Hmm well look at it this way. If you have a choice in who you want to date and your a woman what are the things that will be important to you? If man number one is generous, takes you out every week, send you flowers on Velntines Day and your birthday, is kind to you and good in the sack and fun to be with. Man number two just wants to hang out at home and talk every date about fashion or his desire to save all his money to retire early and bicycle and is good in the sack as well. It will depend on the woman. Everyone just has their own preference. My advise find the woman that is into you just as you are. It is hard for everyone to find that no matter who you are.
 CharminC
Msg: 163
feminine man
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:09:38 PM
Details
....that's all it is and some of you are letting it bother while others simply realize it just isn't your cup of tea but please.. no insults. People are people. Don't like it? Don't date him.
I'm seeing a bisexual who you would categorize as feminine. It's been said that a effeminate man doesn't offer the feeling of security. I don't let details get to me because it's allowed me the opportunity to get to know what's under the layers.
He's super strong! When I need him, he's there for me and intimately, he's ALL man who has made ME to feel like a real woman.
So don't knock it. Get to know the person.
 erica0912
Msg: 165
feminine man
Posted: 2/24/2013 3:05:22 PM
It's not a double standard nor is it evidence of a social norm. It's preference like everyone has echoed. Some women may not mind doing all of the heavy lifting in a relationship. Some women may not mind feeling unprotected but it's a woman's nature to feel this way. If those qualities are innate, these women are drawn to men who have complimentary qualities. Take no offense to my disinterest in a man who doesn't demonstrate his capacity to provide and sustain what I need with his hands sometimes because he doesn't want to break a nail. Take comfort in knowing that there's a woman somewhere who never had a man or sisters growing up and she gets the total package in her metro man :)
 sigungq
Msg: 166
view profile
History
feminine man
Posted: 2/24/2013 3:07:15 PM
Usually I run and hide from "feminine" men............
 Lizeden97
Msg: 168
feminine man
Posted: 2/24/2013 3:23:27 PM
He might be bi, you know a person who is attracted to both genders.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >