Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He was attentive to another woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sparkledustpajamas
Msg: 132
He was attentive to another womanPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

We went to an event about 60 people, some I knew. At our table was a young woman who caught his attention and it seemed that she was fighting off the urged to succumb to his attention, maybe because I was there. He 45, me 40, she 28

Around 12 I was fed up and wanted to go, he had had too much to drink and wanted to hang around, drink water and sober up. I saw that as an excuse to sound more time chatting up the new person. I decided to leave. (Towards the end of the evening, he was catering to her more than to me, pouring her glass, ordering bottled water for her etc...) I asked him if he'd be open to staying to sober up even if I left to which he said yes.

I was hurt but left the event saying good bye to everyone and him included. I am glad to have seen what I saw so:

As someone's date, what're your obligations to that person?

Unspoken obligations notwithstanding, if I were in your shoes, I would have given the girl a wink and said, "All yours, Sister."

Good riddance.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 133
He was attentive to another woman
Posted: 12/11/2011 7:02:03 AM
So let's see, you have been dating this man on and off for about a year? You have not yet had sex with this man, don't see him all that often, have not had the exclusive talk?.....Your a friend...That's it.
Why do people confuse 'seeing' with 'dating'?
It was rude that he was in fact your date for the evening so his attention should have been on you.
I too would have left the venue only a lot earlier, why wait around until he is too drunk?
A similar thing happened to me only I was living with (8 years) and engaged to my ex man when I caught him giving a 'friend' a goodnight kiss at an event we both went to.
I just asked some people sitting at a table nearby to tell my ex fiance that when he has finished his goodbye to this woman where to find me. Strangely enough he cracked the shi*ts with me when he showed up 15 minutes later!!!
I don't believe in if you go with them you leave with them. Who needs to put up with this type of behaviour?
 Steveentexas
Msg: 134
He was attentive to another woman
Posted: 12/16/2011 8:56:40 AM
Well most older men are attracted to younger women, I think its just normal and if you and he where not a actual couple you are just merely two friends who went to a party. I think people need to realize if you are attracted to someone don't you think other people might be attracted to the guy or girl you are with. People seem to think they are the only ones attracted to that person. The real issue is the guy was drunk and was trying to sober up with showed responsiblity. Also she could have been the same age as you and he could have been attracted to her. Maybe there was just something about her that attracted him to her. Something maybe you didnt have. But if you are looking for a relationship thats something you should have talked about. You can't blame a guy for being attracted to another women when you are not dating him in the first place.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He was attentive to another woman