Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 47
Christmas/holiday dating and the no gifting rulePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Sorry. no hunting from Halloween until after Valentine's day. Till then, it's "wabbit season" :)

It used to be called "Halloweenie Season" generally from Halloween thru V-day, it's no mans land!

I would advise anyone who was going to go on a pay site to sign up on 2-15, period. Date smarter!
 Classicalish
Msg: 48
Christmas/holiday dating and the no gifting rule
Posted: 12/10/2013 2:24:03 PM

Lex and Terry. Two wise men I've been listening to for several years.

Hahahahaha!!! I always think about them when I meet someone between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day.

I hate the holiday season and don't want gifts from anyone. I just started seeing someone who had a birthday coming up, and when he (jokingly) asked what I was getting him, I said, "Nothing. A blow job." Those are always good to give.
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 50
Christmas/holiday dating and the no gifting rule
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:40:07 PM
There are cheap bottles of wine, and there are expensive bottles of wine, there is white or red wine. There are cheap cards and expensive cards; there are humourus cards, serious cards, friendly cards, and so on. I never know what to choose.

I think an agreement on NOT giving gifts or cards is the only way to go. It should be enough to spend time together, enjoying one another's company. But...that said, it just won't do.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >