Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you know anyone who has married for companionship, rather than lov      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Do you know anyone who has married for companionship, rather than love?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

You're 83 -- so the marriage is already over, about 3 years later? Just curious.

Been waiting for him to answer this one, but looks like he tuned out, so I'll take a shot at it. His profile status is "Widower". So my guess is that's what happened. And if he's still reading, my condolences for your loss sir.

Although, what about the "marriage penalty"? Does that just mean 3-somes are off the table?

Marriage penalty doesn't apply in every case. There are lots of ways to mitigate and/or eliminate it. Somebody up thread has already mentioned a couple.

As far as threesomes..., as long as it's three consenting adults...... where's the problem??

Anna was sweet, and the old fool knew what he was doing

I agree. Except I would prefer to refer to him as "the old fox".

My lawyer once told me that he once had a client that kept paying him in cash. So when he asked about it, he found out that her deceased husband had left her a half million cash in a safe deposit box along with a note that said "This is for legal fees to fight my (adult) kids and stop them from having our pre-nup thrown out". And that's exactly what she was paying him for.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Do you know anyone who has married for companionship, rather than love?
Posted: 7/17/2016 12:14:26 PM

^ I spose it depends how in shape you are. For me at this point in my life threesomes would be way more practical on the floor.

A Hard Wood floor? ;)

so I'll take a shot at it. His profile status is "Widower". So my guess is that's what happened. And if he's still reading, my condolences for your loss sir.

He mentioned his 1st/previous wife died. So after just 3 years with this official-but-pseudo-marriage she died too despite being much younger than him? That was my question on that. Or maybe they have an agreement that the marriage was for financial reasons and they have an open relationship as it's pretty much platonic?

As far as threesomes..., as long as it's three consenting adults...... where's the problem??

I was thinking of where the marriage-penalty would apply, with some jest. Although I think threesomes would probably be more likely when the married couple have lost a spark over time to try and jazz things up... or previous to marriage, when they were dating and a bit more wild trying new & different things.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/17/2016 1:24:35 PM

A Hard Wood floor? ;)

Shag rug.
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2016 2:37:51 PM

He mentioned his 1st/previous wife died. So after just 3 years with this official-but-pseudo-marriage she died too despite being much younger than him?

Well... I lost my first best friend at age 14. Then a good friend at 18. Then a few more friends through our 20's and 30's. And in my early 40's they started dropping like flies. So, for me at least, losing her in her 70's doesn't seem like much of a stretch. Not saying divorce or whatever isn't possible in his case, but just seemed a lot less likely from my perspective. But if that's what happened, I'll let my condolences stand for the first wife.
 Chromis1
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2016 7:10:48 AM

Although, what about the "marriage penalty"?

The so-called "marriage penalty" no longer exists. It was legislated-away years ago.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/18/2016 7:53:49 AM
Chromis, I heard your GF spent the weekend with Sidney Crosby in Halifax......

How are you dealing with it ?
 Chromis1
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2016 7:56:57 AM
I'm more than fine with it. In this town, Sidney Crosby is a god.

When it's the equipment manager's turn, THEN I'll probably have to say something ....
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/18/2016 8:01:32 AM
^^^^^^

HAHA - I recommend you don't say anything at all.

Complaining usually only adds fuel to the fire.

IME it's down to 2 choices :

Accept it or end it

BTW....you may not want to go to the Yahoo nhl home site, there's a pic of Sid IN BED WITH YOUR GF !!!!
 perspektiv
Msg: 76
Posted: 10/29/2016 5:10:07 PM
To be honest, I only know a small handful of couples that have married for love.

Most have done so, for fear of being alone, and companionship. I've also seen many couples stay married through infidelity, and many other things, due to that very fear of being alone.

Same reason, why you'll see so many people stay married, even though miserable.

I have seen couples however, stay married and very well in love. So, it showcases how much its worth waiting for that type of love. Being in a relationship with someone you who'll do, is the worst form of loneliness you'll put yourself through.

However, falling in love with their character, is another story.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you know anyone who has married for companionship, rather than love?