Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > New Profile Format: Questions/Problems Go Here      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funtimesforever101
Msg: 43
New Profile Format: Questions/Problems Go HerePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^ what he said
 inconceivabill
Msg: 44
New Profile Format: Questions/Problems Go Here
Posted: 12/15/2011 8:50:08 AM
Thank you for your excellent free service, but really, the new header layout is really annoying, as most have indicated. All fields should be SEPARATE and LABELED, as they were, to make finding them easier.

Ideally, if you do want to improve the layout, they should be grouped on some rational basis -- the grouping that AnonymousBroccoli provides is excellent, why not just go with that?

If you are trying to vertical space for some reason, how about using 3 columns instead of 2? In which case you could tighten up some of the labels, like "Has children:" or even "Has kids:" instead of "Do you want children?" That also makes more sense from an ad viewer's perspective -- when I read the question "Do you want children?" that sounds like it's about me, the reader, rather than about the person whose profile I am reading.

Regardless of what improvements might be made, the quickest and easiest improvement that all will be most grateful for is simply REVERT to the layout of a few days ago. Thank you.
 inconceivabill
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/15/2011 8:51:34 AM
^^^ should be, "If you are trying to SAVE vertical space for some reason..." oops.
 mgklclstlmn
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 12:04:46 PM
i have to agree with EVERYONE else... this 'change' is disastrously misguided. why????

please undo it.
 SmashinDaisey
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/15/2011 2:25:05 PM
WHY DID U TAKE PEOPLES SIGNS OFF>>>>>???? SUCKS !!!!!!!!! amd MERRY CHRISTMAS
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/15/2011 2:28:39 PM

WHY DID U TAKE PEOPLES SIGNS OFF>>>>>????

From your profile:

Caucasian Gemini with Mixed Color hair
 mgklclstlmn
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:11:40 PM
thanks for trying to help.

if they really feel the need to improve the layout, your suggestions should be appreciated.

i just can't understand what kind of thinking lead to this aberrational format... it violates the sensibilities.
 mgklclstlmn
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:16:41 PM
hmmm... did not realize that "post reply" does not actually reply to the post it is in.

above reply was directed to AnonymousBroccoli
 john_in_bh
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:55:12 PM
I don't like the change. What was wrong with it before? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
 icboobs
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/19/2011 4:09:21 AM

I do not like the new format. The old format was not perfect but it was 85-95% there. The old format only needed the minimal amount of changes to make it better. For instance, I would like to see a person's hair color and eye color in the same place. But this new format sucks. I'm not complaining. Just offering valuable feedback.
 icboobs
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/19/2011 6:39:27 AM

This is how it should be organized:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5531/pofinfocategories.png

Not necessarily in this order, or with these actual category names, or anything like that. But they should be put together in a logical manner.

Basic Dating Site Info:
City
Marital Status
Seeking (Gender)
Relationship Type (Hang Out/Long-Term/Dating/etc.)

Appearance:
Height
Body Type
Ethnicity (Black/Caucasian/European/etc.)
Hair Colour
Eye Colour

Spirituality:
Astrological Sign
Religion

Money/Make A Living/Get That Cheddar (I don't know what to call it):
Job/Profession
Education
Have a car?

Family:
Do you have kids?
Do you want kids?
Pets

Lifestyle/Vices:
Smoker
Drinker
Drugs

Just make some kind of sense. Having drinker down the page from smoker; eye colour in between drugs and children... There's no apparent rhyme or reason to it.

I totally 100% agree with AnonymousBroccoli. His suggestion for the layout is perfect.
 Jan Sobieski
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2011 7:04:21 AM
So glad to see that humour has finally been banished from this corner of the net once and for all. To think, there was a time when one may see a caricature as part of a profile, or perhaps some other comical image that one felt may express their character quite succinctly; but now of course we realize that this is a dating site, not a place where people can engage in frivolous, 'jokey' type behaviour. Well done say I.

Of course, images containing little more than asinine phrases written by talentless hacks who consider themselves poets still abound, and this also is a good thing... apparently.

However, is this enough? What about those who may be trying to be humorous concerning other aspects of their profile? For example, I recently viewed one that had "lion tamer" listed as their occupation, and I immediately became suspicious. She did not have the knuckles of a lion tamer, and upon reflection it seemed to me that she was, in fact, no more than a FILTHY GOD DAMNED LAIR!!!

Words cannot describe the indignation I felt at being deceived in this way. Oh, I'm sure she thought it was an absolutely hilarious little prank, but then again she wasn't the one who had literally eight precious seconds of her life stolen from her: seconds that I can NEVER get back.

Therefore, I propose a mandatory condition that all profiles be written according to a very strict, and dare I say, 'correct' form. Perhaps the day will eventually come when they all look exactly the same, and this would no doubt be a most superior outcome. You will know what you are getting before you even sample it, much like a McDonald's cheeseburger, and in this case we should not have to bother as to whether or not we could even stomach the person in question, we could just assume that underneath the blandness there surely lies something that isn't synthetic (again, much like a McDonald's cheeseburger).

So, nice job. I only hope that soon you will just forego this whole 'self-expression' nonsense altogether, and merely limit the profile content to a photo, age, income, location, and perhaps a quote from Tony Robbins, Eckhart Tolle, or some other dimwit equally as skilled in the art of banality. Good luck with that, and god-speed.
 veevee
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/19/2011 9:06:29 AM
Man, I hope that was sarcasm above.
One time I had a job at a Taco Bell. I started putting more cheese on the taco because it looked better. My supervisor watched me for awhile then explained why I should put the exact amount of cheese on each one and follow the rules of less than I was using.

#1 the flavor changes when you adjust the recipe #2 if someone liked the new flavor they would be disappointed when it was different the next visit #3 if someone didn't like the new flavor you would tell them that you were inconsistent - should they have to ask for light cheese next time? but who would be preparing their food to know? #4 calorie count changed and sodium

All legit reasons to not over cheese that taco and I agreed with him then changed my over cheesin' ways to follow the book.

To me this is now the cheesy update.
 MtnGuy48
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2011 12:10:44 AM
Yes we must adhere to the cheesy way.....Cheese is good don't you know!.....:)
 Teeebs
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 9:51:26 AM
Congratulations, profiles are now completely impossible to decipher with a quick glance. Now that all the important info is combined into seemingly random groups.

I guess the best way to describe it would be using a compound word, which begins with "cluster" and ends with the "f-word".....
 DrummingNut
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:29:03 PM

Looks like an error on the page!

At first I though it was a page rendering error ...

Me too!

It's all jumbled up and makes little sense.
 LadyTravel59
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:15:04 PM
My thread and the postings seem to have disappeared in the ask a guy forum. Would you please advise why.
Thank you

Read the posted rules, (top of every forum) no other explanation as we don't record the whys or email the user. Prior to posting you should be aware of all rules - much like where to post and what to post - unlike where you're posting now - in a totally unrelated thread to your subject matter. Thank You
 Lovinretirement
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:56:14 PM
Haven't been on for awhile and the new format is awful. It tells me nothing. I look for location and age most importantly. All I see is a photo and then I guess I have to click on it to get the info. Way too time consuming. I doubt I will be back.
 icboobs
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:25:09 PM
THIS IS MY SUGGESTION FOR THE LAYOUT OF OUR PROFILES:

EXAMPLE:

About: 44, Divorced, Mixed Race, Female...........................City: Washington, DC
Body Type: 5'8", A few extra pounds.................................Lifestyle: Non-Smoker, Occasional Drinker

Seeking: Man.....................................................................For: Long-Term
Birth Sign: Sagittarius........................................................Hair/Eyes: Black, Brown
Religion: Christian..............................................................Wants Children: Open
Profession: Manager..........................................................Has Children: Yes
Education: Some College...................................................Pets: Yes
Drugs: No...........................................................................Car: Yes

Summary: Age, Marital Status, Ethnicity, and Gender are grouped together. Body Type is for Height and Shape/Size. Lifestyle is for Smoker/Drinker. Hair Color and Eye Color are also grouped together. Some categories are reworded differently, and I used capitalized letters at the beginning of every word.
 trucker290
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:46:32 AM
why is it when i post something it gets deleted????
 MelissaD04
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/14/2012 11:15:09 AM
I may just be blind, but I don't see an EASY way to delete messages in my inbox. While viewing a message, I cannot see a delete button. So I have to go back to the home page every time to delete something? SUPER inconvenient.
 avakeith
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:45:15 AM
Hate the new msg format , which started yesterday, needs changed back,
the new one is not user friendly... 1-16-2012
 Ed Bear
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 1:46:21 PM
Let me add my weight to the dislike of the new profile format. (And today's loss of most photos, the Send button on message box, Favourite tagging, etc...)

I think Veevee said it best, in my view.
ED BEAR
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/16/2012 2:12:51 PM
Ethnicity Mixed Race Cancer with Black hair

Hmm, so I'm a Mixed Race with cancer and I have black hair thanks to my ethnicity?

Why do I have to put an astrological sign?

Why am I forced to say I have a car, don't have a car, or it's N/A, if it's N/A why make me have it as part of my profile?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/16/2012 2:20:25 PM
Why am I forced to say I have a car, don't have a car, or it's N/A, if it's N/A why make me have it as part of my profile?

You are forcing yourself as it was your choice to join a site that requires you to answer those questions.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > New Profile Format: Questions/Problems Go Here