Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Are single dads something most women don't like?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raisa667
Msg: 51
Are single dads something most women don't like?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Personally, I find single dads very attractive. Especially if they have their child/children full-time. It takes quite a commitment to raise a child...it's nice to know there are some decent men still out there! Men who are good dads are sexy :)
 KevinSpringer
Msg: 52
Are single dads something most women don't like?
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:48:41 PM
Wow, Thank you guys for ALL the awesome support. I have not checked back into this thread for sometime and it is very encouraging to see so many people respond in such a positive manner. I have unfortunately got some very nasty messages from women saying mean things about this thread. I thought it was dead!

All in all, the women that do give me the time of day after seeing my situation are very much interested. The problem is the ice breaker about me having a little girl that I care deeply for. I have high standards, and after the first attempt went very wrong I have set my standards high in hopes of not having such a life changing event happen again. I feel if i reach out to the more "mature" women with jobs and a college education they would be more accepting. But, it has been the opposite. I tend to gravitate towards the women that messed up their early 20's and are hoping to rebound with a more stable man. That is unfair, I think that if in the 21st century men have gotten over the fact that single moms are acceptable then by gosh single fathers in 2012 should be a hot item!

Us single fathers are very good people, give us a shot ladies. Most of us are single fathers because the last woman ruined us (maybe that was just me!). We have a lot of love to give, hence why we have custody of our children.

I wish all the best for 2012 and thank you very much for your continuous support with this thread!

-Kevin!
 barbie4you
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:37:15 PM
I want a man who has kids. Preferrably one who has girls, but it is a hard find!!
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/17/2012 2:37:39 PM
@ msg 85 Trust me, you'll have no problems finding the fish of of your dreams. GREAT post and profile. Have a blast!!!! Hey, have you got a clone in Detroit or Daytona?
 jimmy4o
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/18/2012 6:14:53 AM
thats exactly true ,one day "she,ll" come along till then I,m enjoying my kids and talking to,to friends on a rotating schedule to at least get some grownup conversation.lol
 ontario_woman
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 9:18:17 AM
Personally, I prefer men with children. I feel that I have more in common with them.
 POETIC 1
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 9:05:01 PM
Know what's funny about what you posted all women want a man to accept them and their kids as a package deal but it seems that they wont do the same in return. And most men who do have kids don't have custody of them so they live with the woman in the first place. I never understood that but I guess to each their own. Good luck man
 Alix1019
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/18/2012 9:44:33 PM
It all depends on the woman. There are mature young women out there that are accepting. And you have an excellent point. women should find single dads to be more responsible and driven then men who say they have children on here, but havent seen them in years?? I think it's great that your a proud young father. other folks can shove it.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2012 11:22:12 AM
Good luck to all single dads i say and tough on the women.... they should wise up stop thinking taht all there is in life is to have fun and night clubs and start realising their own parental responsibilities....

Uhhh...not all of us are clubbing and partying. The ones that are represent a minority. That's like saying that all non-custodial fathers are deadbeats that don't have anything to do with their children.

Geez some women don't deserve kids.

Some fathers don't either.

Bad parenting is a character issue, not a gender issue.

Please don't paint everyone with the same brush.
 Titanicrose
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/20/2012 10:14:44 AM
I would think, as I do that I date men that have kids the same age. Now that my kids are in college I do not want to be a step mom to anyone. So yes I look at men who do not have kids or who's kids are grown up. Unless the man was something I could not pass up. I do believe also women are different today they are modern and have careers. Women at your age and they don't seem to be mean, but yes they want their own kids or just a career for the time being. My daughter and her friends have the mind set family later in life in their mid 30's. Times are changing.
 Not_too_old
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/20/2012 11:34:16 AM
wait until she is school age...you'll start meeting lots of single moms...just stay involved with your daughter and don't try to look so hard. It is understandable that 24 y/os would not want to start a relationship with a child in the picture, most want the relationship to be all about them and you. on the other hand, some would commend you for being a single dad....It shows you are good with kids, you have paitence and commitment. My "adopted" daughter (I'm her 2nd mom) has a 1 1/2 year old, she's 19, going to college full time and works at a school kids programs. She has finally decided to finish school, and move on. One day, someone will come into her life. Keep up the good job!
 ontario_woman
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2012 6:06:27 PM
Very well said Viking.

We can't help the preferences of other people. It's best not to pay any mind to them and to focus on the people who do show an interest in us.
 Amber0708
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/21/2012 10:21:36 AM
I'm not sure how this works so I'm just replying to something I crossed that I didn't like lol Just for the record... Single dads are wonderful. That should be something to admire in a man, not find as a hassle.
 VStaal
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:33:05 AM
I got a late start in the family department because I took time to travel with a fun career that I loved. I am now 48 with custody of my 12 yr old son.
I find that most women at or near my age do not want to date me because of my son. They have flat out told me so. The few that I have dated have no intentions of a relationship.

Children are a wonderful thing and any adult should be happy to be part of a child's life no matter at what level. I dated women with and without children before marrying the Mother of my son who 2 children from a previous marriage.

Is funny how women forget and how quickly the shoe moves to the other foot.
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:39:38 AM
@105 Yeah, true. Some cool women are out there. Don't be let down. It's best to weed the child unfriendly. ASAP. Relationships come and go; hence, this site. Your kid is your blood.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:13:20 PM
I know alot of single dads who will make the time to date a woman if they are really interested in them...
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:43:11 PM

Im not a big fan of crying whinning kids

i dont think anyone is.

like i said, if a man truely likes a woman, he will make the time to date them and make them part of his priorities. balance is key.
 wpgman36
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:56:47 PM
Yes i noticed aswell. Im with 2 girls every 2nd weekend myself. Lifes a battle but when ya got kids its alot of fun :)

jeff
 wasillaman
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/30/2012 8:31:44 PM
hey i have been a single dad 9 years , my son is 14 now,girls are 10 & 11.
i never have any luck on any dating sites , POF is a nice place to hang your hat .
i'm 54 retired own my home , my children are kind and respectful , we have a ton of big boy toys.
women my age are to old and fat to keep up or just don't like having children around.
younger women have no sense at all, its about mememe, or their children are total brats, with no middle ground.
someday a lady will walk in to my life , till then ??

ha ,, you guys ought to try dating in alaska,, at least you have women to choose from, and not over 175.
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/31/2012 7:35:46 AM
@114...Very accurate post. DITTO. You're very correct about POF ; nothing wrong with cyberloitering in the murky pond. We're the same age; I'm just amazed at these folks that have stagnated at 45+.
 fall_blossom
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/2/2012 7:34:10 AM

If you don't care for your kid; no one else will. What I tend to see is many women expect the "new dad" to toss his kid under the bus and see his child "when time permits". Sorry. For the most part; good DADS and nice guys sleep alone.
This happens no matter which gender the parent is. Lots of men/women would prefer to start their own little league and not have to deal with another person's offspring, ex partner, and constant interruption in the relationship if the child/ren are minor. Why should they they have to deal with this 'burden'? That offspring doesn't belong to them when there are other available options (people without kids).

On this site, I am not holding my breath. I corresponded with a 45 year old man who had trouble with single moms and he stated, "You have kids? I am no into that. Good luck". It's a me-me world world out there and it's harsh at times.
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/2/2012 8:42:25 AM
@116.........Well, we're just dating here. They're kids not "burdens". Is there anything wrong with being just a nice person who happens to be mom/dad's friend? IMHO. I see no need or advantage in remarrying while we raise our kids.
 mermaid140
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/18/2013 8:42:30 AM
I prefer to date men that have kids. I can relate to them better. When you're dating and have kids
the "quality" of time is more important than the "quantity" of time.
 Khal25
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/2/2013 7:34:01 PM
I honestly believe I get shown more love as a single father now at 29 than I did as a single man with no kids at 18-24. Women love seeing me and my daughter together, they love the fact that I am a very involved and caring father and I have even had one or two ask that I make a child with them because they know I will be an awesome dad even if me and them don't work out...

However for every 1-2 of those there are 2-3 who won't date me not because they don't want anything to do with my daughter but because they all ASSUME there will be baby momma drama down the road. I think the potential for drama is the biggest reason why most women shun away from single fathers. They may admire you, respect you and wish to find someone like you to father their child but the idea of a crazy baby momma popping up every other day and causing problems because she doesn't want another woman around her child or isn't ready to let you go is a big turn off to a lot of women.

However, don't lose hope. Out there is a woman who is secure enough to not be bothered by those thoughts and will accept you and your daughter with open arms. Keep your head up brother.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Are single dads something most women don't like?