Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > New Chat...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigFish
Msg: 1
view profile
History
New Chat...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
How are you guys liking the new chat? Its slowly migrating to the entire POF userbase, UK got added today.
 try1more
Msg: 2
view profile
History
New Chat...
Posted: 12/15/2011 12:32:18 AM
just another flakey messenger.
a friend accepted a request then nothing, she then called me on msn cos the pof chat wasn't workin.
i have problems between yahoo(me) and msn (them) where messages sent evaporate before arriving so not just your app.
here's a suggestion for you.
why not put a chat link under a posters name for the forums? you don't allow chat on threads, this would allow private requests for clarifications etc.
also a pm link not effected by a forumites normal mail restrictions, nor flagged as dubious due to a posters looking for.
it seems silly to me that you can be prevented from privately messaging a forumite, of course it will be abused but there's always block?
why not flagged? well i've sent a thread related joke message to a forumite before, only later did i see they had other relationship,
not something i was thinking of since it was forum related not dating related.
 annabelleM
Msg: 3
view profile
History
New Chat...
Posted: 12/15/2011 7:42:00 AM
Have turned mine off --drives me mad !
 x_just_mandy_x
Msg: 4
view profile
History
New Chat...
Posted: 12/15/2011 8:41:14 AM
Nothing 'personal' about it, it's an administrative account lol he couldn't give a t**s!
 EnglishTantrika
Msg: 5
New Chat...
Posted: 12/16/2011 12:11:10 AM
don't seem to be able to view the user's profile before accepting the chat message - like to know who I'm talking to!
 Strider886
Msg: 6
view profile
History
New Chat...
Posted: 12/16/2011 4:01:21 AM

don't seem to be able to view the user's profile before accepting the chat message - like to know who I'm talking to!

Why not go the whole hog and display the guys most important information down one side?

Job Title =
Income Level =
Car Owned =
Height (display only if income < 80k a year) =

That should just about cover it :p

Seriously though, i'd be surprised if it were not possible to view the persons profile!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > New Chat...