Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 2
What if the girl misunderstands someone?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You are experiencing a typical smitten guy conundrum.

Being guys...we logically want to wrap up the dating thing
and move on to more important stuff.

But to the ladies...the dating thing is important stuff....and a way to find out if
we are relationship worthy.

So we have to go at their pace.
Your intention wasn't the problem.
Your intensity is.

Just cool your jets some.
It's probably too late with this girl.
But for the next one....don't decide she is the one till you have dated her abit.
and wait and see if she gets intense about you first.

Good luck.
 laskoboo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What if the girl misunderstands someone?
Posted: 12/16/2011 7:14:20 AM
I sense a controlling, possessive personality... could just be from immaturity and something a person can grow out of with more life and dating experience.

You need to move on and away from her OP.... its over with that.
 RioElAmante
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 11:00:33 AM
First off you came off needy and desperate. She sensed it and got scared away.

You don't sit there and confess how much you like her after barely knowing her, that's a red flag. You didn't kiss her or touch her? Then what are you talking to her for? I know you said you're a virgin but you need to drop your fear.

I smell fear in your writing. You confessed that your really like her because you were afraid to lose her. You didn't touch her because you were afraid of how she'll react. And you'll afraid to lose your V-Card (BTW, you're a grown man now. The Older you are as a virgin, the creepier you seem to women. Loose it!)

I'm sorry to tell you this but she didn't make a mistake...

She hit the nail on the head with you.

A women wants a man that can lead her, not a man that lives in fear. She also wants a challenge, you sitting there "conveying" how much you like her killed it. You were no longer a challenge, you got boring and you got needy.

Next time, let her tell you how much she likes you then you tell her that care about her.

This isn't to hurt you man, just telling you the truth.
 RioElAmante
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 9:56:36 AM
No man, don't wait a few months!

By that time, she's already found someone esle and has been dating thing for awhile.

I can see why the woman said you obsessed with her...

1. You create this post, so she's obviously on your mind

2. You ask to see if you can "fix" this situation instead of moving on

3. You say "you don't want to date anyone else"- shows that your still stuck on this girl

4. Now you're saying that you'll wait a few months for her to make a decision- in one month (maybe even one week), she would've forgot about you and moved on. Don't you know how many times women get hit on during the one day? If she hasn't called you within a week (I personally say 3 days), she doesn't want to be bothered with you.

Calling her 2-3 months down the road makes you look creepy and like a stalker.

Stop acting desperate and man up!

* An interesting side note: You replied to me saying that you won't change yourself for the better because it was "who you were" and your "principles" that you wanted to keep.

Yet you're willing to change for this women...

Remember this: There are more women on this planet then men. Especially in the U.S., why get all strung out over one woman who didn't like you, when there's thousands probably in your city right now that potentially do?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >