Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Any rock/metal band suggestions?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ForeverInThisMoment
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Any rock/metal band suggestions?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Thanks for more suggestions...up to 69 bands now! I know what I'm doing when I'm bored one of these days lol.
 timbo1073
Msg: 27
Any rock/metal band suggestions?
Posted: 12/24/2011 3:49:16 PM
Try Static X. They will blow your mind. I am also really digging on Chevelle and Middle Class Rut lately. And Benjamin hasn't officially broken up yet. :)
 ForeverInThisMoment
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 9:54:55 PM
I have listened to Static X. And I know Chevelle and Middle Class Rut as well. Well I heard BB is breaking up in the near future...didn't know when for sure.
 parraj
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/24/2011 10:46:51 PM
Killswitch engage,all shall perish,suicide silence,the empire shall fall,dethklok,A7x
 tinguy66
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:53:42 AM
Jar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKAOXlaagg
rock/metal

Zimmers Hole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpAA-NBUqYk
"when you were shouting at the devil....we were in league, with Sataaaan!!

The Thick Of It
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rkV50E2MOk
it has the same drummer, vocalist, and bass player as Jar. but more of a rock sound
 Livinginafog
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/26/2011 4:57:48 AM
Dry Kill Logic-Paper Tiger
 noworldfortomorrow
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/29/2011 2:22:20 PM
why has no one mentioned winds of plague? they are heavy as hell and drop the match is an awesome song! as for other bands i'd suggest would be

miss may i
of mice & men
the devil wears prada
asking alexandria
oh,sleeper
serianna
attila
memphis may fire
for today
suicide silence
machine head
chiodos
we came as romans
the word alive
motionless in white
blessthefall
august burns red
texas in july
 InnerHell616
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:35:23 PM
lol i have compiled a good list from windows media player. This should cover most metal genres and give ya something to do for a couple hours.

Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Ansoticca, Anthrax, Arch Enemy, Avantasia, Avenged Sevenfold, Behemoth, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Breaking Benjamin, Children Of Bodom, Chrome Division, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Dio, Disturbed, Dope, Dream Theater, Echoes Of Eternity, Eluveitie, Epica, Escape The Fate, Eyes Set To Kill, Five Finger Death Punch, Fleetwood Mac, Freedom Call, Halestorm, Hammerfall, Heaven and Hell, Heavenwood, Helloween, Hellyea, Hollywood Undead, In Flames, In This Moment, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, Kiss, Kittie, Korn, Lamb Of God, Leaves' Eyes, Megadeth, Metallica, Murder Dolls, Mushroomhead, Nevermore, Nightwish, Nile, Obituary, Obsidian Shell, Oh, Sleeper, Opeth, Otep, Ov Hell, Ozzy, Pantera, A Perfect Circle, Primordial, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rainbow, Riverside, Rob Zombie, Seether, Sepultura, Serj Tankian, Slayer, Slipknot, Sonic Syndicate, Staind, Stone Sour, Stormwarrior, Sublime, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tarja Turunen, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Trivium, Twisted Sister, Ulver, Unsun, White Zombie, Within Temptation,And Zakk Wylde

\m/ Metal4Ever \m/
 BearGoalie
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:05:33 PM
Trivium ...enough said
 ForeverInThisMoment
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 6:19:03 PM
Dangggg guys! I have over 100 bands to look up! lol. Thanks alot :-)

Innerhell616---I listen to quite a few of the bands you listed...you have awesome taste in music!
 d1sast3rp13c3
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/30/2011 10:19:44 PM
D Creation, Disarmonia Mundi, Scar Symmetery, Mygrain, Ensoph, Dimmu Borgir
 GothNerd666
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/30/2011 10:56:50 PM
Placebo is pretty chill
 Musical_Muse
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/30/2011 11:02:57 PM
Edmonton underground alternative...

www.reverbnation.com/acatalyst

-Firesoul-
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/2/2012 8:23:45 PM
Some quick ones you could see if you like:

Heaven Shall Burn- "Counterweight"
Chimaira- "year of the snake"
DevilDriver- " Hold Back the day"
As I Lay Dying- "Nothing Left"
The Black Dahlia Murder- "Statutory Ape"
Ankla- "Deceit"
Spineshank- "Smothered"
Bullet for my Valentine-" Scream aim fire"
Diecast-"fade away"
DOPE- "survive"
Firewind- "falling to pieces"
Mercenary- "11 Dreams"
Within Temptation- "what have you done"

and here is some that most already know about: Fiver Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Korn, Type O Negative, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Hatebreed, All That Remains, DethKlok. Hope some of these are new.

You_Wouldnt_Know
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 1:47:31 AM
Throwdown...the song "Tombs" is excellent and so is anything off their Deathless album...or their Venom & Tears album...Kingdom of Sorrow is a great band too...a few others are Chimaira,Destrophy,Skinlab,Poisonblack,Pride and Glory,Cruel Hand,Vision of Disorder,Bloodsimple,Therapy?,Hatebreed,and Pro-Pain
 Metal_Mike667
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:47:42 AM
Female Fronted Bands:

Sister Sin(Very underrated in America)
The Pretty Reckless
The Agonist
Halestorm

Id also reccomend some old school stuff like Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, Motorhead, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden

Newer Stuff

Lamb of God
All that Remains
3 inches of Blood
Machine Head
Chimaria
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet for My Valentine
Children of Bodom
 ForeverInThisMoment
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:57:23 PM
Thanks guys....all of them have been added to my list :-)
 eggy1977
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2012 6:10:25 AM
Given what you listen to I'd suggest The Haunted, Cave In - start with Until Your Heart Stops, Every Time I Die, Dillinger Escape Plan, Isis, Botch, and errr... Clutch ;)

Some mathcore in there which should be entertaining and make you realise that Slipknot have too many band members and aren't really that good.

I used to be into the generic metal scene, but I found better music. Support your local music scene too, there are some very good underground bands who need the support.

I'll leave you with a bit of Electric Wizard if the forum allows it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPl63FHNhs
 Mordyr420
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:49:18 AM
Zimmers Hole

Nuff said.

The Hole Is LAW!
 Mordyr420
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:50:24 AM
Fista Corpse is my personal fav BTW
 Life_Is_Dynamics
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:50:05 AM
Devin Townsend / Strapping Young Lad
Meshuggah
SikTh
Vildhjarta
Opeth
Ihsahn
Septicflesh
Sybreed
TesseracT
Destrage
Disarmonia Mundi
Admiral Angry
Hypocrisy / Pain
OSI
Soilwork
Mnemic
Scar Symmetry
The Ocean
The Interbeing
Dark Tranquillity
Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson
Fates Warning
Ulver
Proghma-C
Hacride
NahemaH
Dagoba
Katatonia
Amorphis
HORD
Cynic
Dååth
Portal
Karnivool
Isis
Nevermore
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Dog Fashion Disco / Polkadot Cadaver
M.A.N
Decapitated
Origin
Cephalic Carnage
Obscura
Xerath
Scarve
Blotted Science
Animals As Leaders
Dillinger Escape Plan
Ayreon
Shining
Panzerballet
Uneven Structure
Anacrusis*
Textures
Gojira
Hunab Ku
Between The Buried And Me
Leporus
Bloodbath

*An oldie, but definitely worth looking up
 ChadsFormerStandIn
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/12/2012 7:23:18 AM
I'm a little disappointed at the blandness (or mainstream nature) of many of the recommendations.

Alchemist - great underrated band from Australia. A very, fuzzy, and layered hippy vibe drives something that is somehow very familiar, somehow new. Look first for an

album called Trypsis

Grip Inc. - Not releasing albums anymore, but 4 rock solid albums of hard, groove laden metal. Lombardo from Slayer on drums delivers in spades. A guitar player/producer who seems to have had a real hand in putting together a VERY clean sounding album. A singer (recently deceased) who came from a punk background, who delivers to the band a perfectly matched style, that screams authenticity. The amount of range in the song writing style from track to track is really quite surprising too.

Testament- classic thrash. Try the debut album, The Legacy, and the follow-up The New Order. The Ritual for a more melodic and cleaner presentation of the band with gorgeous solos. Low, and the Gathering for a more current sound.

Strapping Young Lad - City, punishing album. A touch schizophrenic.

Amorphis - Tuonela, and Am Universum (Finnish Death Metal). Should be noted that the death metal was the category under which they broke into metal, but these albums aren't in any way death metal. Occasionally there is a track with gargly vocals, but the clean vocals and unique style of writing tell the tale of something deliciously European. These albums add flavor to your collection and give a break from the monotony of the screamo w/predictable 'slam-bang', hardcore type breakdown that identifies most listeners of metal as being simple. Show some class. Check these guys.

Hypocrisy - S/T, Virus, just do it!!!

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Ryan
 Life_Is_Dynamics
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/12/2012 8:04:53 AM
I'm a little disappointed at the blandness (or mainstream nature) of many of the recommendations.

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis. Half of what you mentioned is on my list.

And I wouldn't classify anything after the early black/death "Thousand Lakes" Amorphis as anything other than prog-metal. There's freekin' Hammonds and sax solos on half the shit... but you are 100% right, 'Am Universum' is fantastic. Skip the 'Five Finger Prostate Exam' and buy the real thing, kiddies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0U1M6SQuEc

Any Amorphis fan REALLY needs to check out Leprous as well... seriously...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUN3IZOXUcY
 ChadsFormerStandIn
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:58:33 AM
Hey sorry there Life is Dynamics! I forgot to insert in my post that you were the ONLY one 3 pages in that had some unique and really good suggestions. The Anacrusis one is great! I think given the young lady's certain tastes it might be a tad tough to digest buy hey, you don't know if you don't try.

You know you're shit and are pretty one of only a couple of real metal heads who have posted something other than screamo-metal rehash.

Music isn't meant to be dumbed down for the masses and clearly you understand that by your list.
 Mordyr420
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:33:03 AM
I listen to wide range of all kinds of metal from Finnish Folk to American mainstream garbage depending on the day.. only suggested Zimmers Hole as to not overwhelm OP with to many choices.. and im totally into that right now lol...
FYI Zimmers Hole pretty much is SYL
Gene Hogland on drums
Jed Simon on gutar
Byron Stround on bass
Heathen - Vocals and arguably the most intense vocalist of all time, Wicked falsettos, boncrushing growls a amazing range ... Sounds as good live as any recording and for small local band was best live show i have ever seen with theatrics that are out of this world.. Put big money bands/shows to shame live!
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Any rock/metal band suggestions?