Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Any rock/metal band suggestions?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Corporate_Katatonia
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Any rock/metal band suggestions?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Dream Theater - Outcry (Progressive Metal - About the Liybans claiming their freedom from tyranny)

Within Temptation - See Who I Am (Symphonic/Gothic Metal - very Mainstreamish but extremely melodic and EXCELLENT vocals and symphonic sections)

Opeth - The Baying of the Hounds (Progressive Metal/Melodic Death Metal - Excellent transitions from fierce deep growls and 70s metal riffs to softer more "gothic" sections)

Megadeth - Sleep Walker (Speed Thrash Metal - Has a great medium fast riff and funny lyrics about sleep walking to commit the crimes in his dreams)

Epica - Our Destiny (Symphonic/Gothic Metal, Power Metal - Heavy but melodic with great female vocals occasional contrasted by death growls)

Katatonia - Teargas (Gothic Doom Metal, Alternative Metal - Accessible but slow and emotionally moving. Really a great "starter" for another doom related.)

Daylight Dies - Cathedral (Death Doom Metal, Gothic Doom Metal - Melodic, slow, beautiful but dark, deep emotional growls that are easily understood that really "add" to the music.

Nightwish - Storytime (Symphonic/Gothic Metal, Power Metal - Kind of like Epica female singer but more symphonic, a bit slower, not quite as heavy, and more accessible. Also has an incredible female vocalist with powerful but accessible vocals. Great single from their latest album and very "fantasy" oriented. Kind of dark yet upbeat at the same time.)

Dreamscape - 5th Season (Progressive Metal - Plenty of changing scenery and a melodic almost middle eastern sounding influence on this song. Vocals are clean and powerful. Upbeat and emotionally enjoyable)

Cloudscape - Static (Progressive Metal, Power Metal) Extremely melodic, layered, and heavy. About the dangers of playing with the paranormal or a cool song about ghosts).

Extol - The Things I've Found (Avante Garde Metal, Christian Metal - as most of their songs do, it features an unusual blend of extreme metal and melodic metal elements. GREAT atmospherics and harsh vocals)

Between the Buried and Me - Specular Reflection (Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Avante Garde Metal - The extremes really are extreme on this song that sounds like mixing Obituary with Pink Floyd)

Seventh Wonder - Move on Through (Progressive Metal) - For a Prog Metal outfit, these guys are almost radio friendly and do not hide the fact that they are both pop and prog influenced. Great upbeat, catchy, yet complex song song with powerful clean emotionally moving vocals about how music helps us get through lifes hardest situations.

Type O Negative - White Slavery (Gothic Doom Metal, Alternative Metal - Thick slow riffs and a murky atomosphere that really getting the point across about suffering through drug addiction)

Threshold - Opium (Progressive Metal) - Scornful reality lyrics about how media acts like our opium and how we preceive what we see on TV to be real life instead of looking "deeper". Complex song that has Styx like parts.

Enjoy :)
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 84
Any rock/metal band suggestions?
Posted: 2/11/2012 6:47:46 PM
Rammstein!

Best. Fvcking. Concert. EVER.

And being that I'm older than metal itself and have seen a lot of shows over the years...I don't say that lightly.
 MachineIII
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/16/2012 12:59:30 PM

Rammstein!

Best. Fvcking. Concert. EVER.

And being that I'm older than metal itself and have seen a lot of shows over the years...I don't say that lightly.

You know i never thought of Rammstein as Metal, to hear people categorize it as such shows a narrow taste in music (Not implying you are, just people ive encountered). Its sorta like people who just started listening to ministry; i pop in their first album and they flip out..

Id put Rammstein in the same Vein as laibach since they ripped a lot of the fascist imagery / symbolism from them.. That being Industrial..

Then again what do i know? ;)

Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:42:41 PM
Well, the thing is, if the people you are referring to are only listening to post 1988 Ministry, they are basically hearing metal (industrial metal, but metal nonetheless). Sure you pop in With Sympathy (which AJ has pretty much disowned by the way) and they are hearing a different genre (80s europop mixed with new romantic music). It's not their categorization that shows a narrow taste, they are calling it like they see it--they never heard the wimpy eurotrash Ministry started out playing. If a band changes genres, then they become classifiable in however many genres they choose to dabble in--but nearly always will be classified by the masses as part of the latest genre they choose to dabble. The exception would be bands like TMBG and Ween who change genres several times per album.
 SchecterSix
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:04:37 PM
Well, this goes out to OP. Since I'm not gonna flip through all the pages these are some that I am a huge fan of:

Dream Theater
Protest the Hero
Queensryche
Porcupine Tree
Abolish the Echelon
Children of Bodom
Animals as Leaders
Mastodon
Nevermore
Daath
Steve Vai
Guthrie Govan
Paul Gilbert
 FL3SHnBON3
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:51:00 AM
If u g3t into th3 wayy H3avy stuff, i got a short list 4 u. i'm a D3ath/T3rror M3tal Promotional Manag3r for .... umm just say s3v3ral r3cord compani3s- for 15 y3ars, so this is how it is: #1 Hard3st/most t3chnical if u can find th3 sp3cialty-und3rground band D3MONFL3SH! 2- JOB 4 A COWBOY. 3- D3ICID3. 4- NIL3. 5- D3CAPITAT3D. 6- ASONISTS G3T ALL TH3 GIRLS. 7- MORBID ANG3L. 8- C3PHALIC CARNAG3. 9- CRYPTOPSY. 10- DIMMU BORGIR. to thos3 of u that KNOW..... U know whats up! ;o) anymor3 Q's, contact m3. 666
 Rorschachs_journal86
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:02:13 PM
Celtic Frost, Hellhammer !
 AGatheringFan
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2012 7:45:40 PM
this is what iam listening to lately.
Altar Of Plagues
Alcest
Blut Aus Nord
Boris
Electric Wizard (Black Masses, new album)
The Smiths
The Gathering
 Naamah218
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:17:35 PM
^^^ Great bands! Altar of Plagues were amazing live. Wish I could go to MDF this year and see Electric Wizard.

I've been listening to a lot of :

The Flight of Sleipnir (Essence of Nine- New)
Enthroned ("Obsidium"- New)
Velnias
Nachtmystium
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Junius
 AmplifiedBassist
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:29:58 PM
I just got the latest Napalm Death album "Utilitarian", which was released today. Their last few albums have been amazing.
 Yuuki_Terumi
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/2/2012 2:18:22 PM
Raunchy-A Heavy Burden
Soilwork-The Bringer
Into Eternity-Nothing
Engel-Calling Out
Scar Symmetry-Mind Machine
those are my suggestions,i really can't think of anything else at the moment.
 smnlkapeyemp
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/6/2012 7:59:06 AM
no new material but Ramstein rocks.
 LIGUY8769
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2012 4:25:06 PM
Don't forget some of the oldies but goodies...D.R.I.,M.O.D.,S.O.D..Venom,Nuclear Assult,Death Angle,Exsodus..
 breakd0wnz
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/7/2012 2:10:58 AM
meshuggah, strapping young lad, black dahlia murder, porcupine tree, exodus, machine head, acacia strain, after the burial, sick of it all, shadows fall, all shall perish, anterior, artillery, baptized in blood, your demise, the berzerker, parkway drive, carpathian, unearth, watain, biohazard, bloodbath, born of osiris, lacuna coil, carnifex, city of fire, fear factory, clutch, coroner, despised icon, divine heresy

just to name a few :P
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Any rock/metal band suggestions?