Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > INCREASED sex drive for women in their 40's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 58
INCREASED sex drive for women in their 40'sPage 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
This thread is startin to remind me of that country song ... its hard to kiss the lips of the mouth that chews your ass out all day long...
 daveontrak
Msg: 59
INCREASED sex drive for women in their 40's
Posted: 1/8/2012 4:25:41 AM
Yep. It's biological. I've had to stop dating women in their 40s. We're on the same level as far as the quality of sex, but quantity? I just can't keep up. Sigh!
 Angelsbigheart
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2012 9:30:13 AM

It's not that I don't have anything nice to say about women. It's when women make claims that history itself shows is overall untrue. The "men can't keep up with women " concept is unbelievable.

It's only been very recent in that 'HISTORY' you speak of Dave that women have not been OPPRESSED and CONTROLLED by men, PARTICULARLY in the bedroom (and they still are in some areas of the world)!! I mean how INTO SEX would you be if you were forced to be with someone you really didn't want to be with (I'm talking about HISTORY since that is what you're referring to... and history is filled with rapes, arranged marriages, etc.)?? NO I'm not saying that the ladies you've been with were FORCED to be with you, just that maybe you were not fulfilling THEIR desires in the bedroom - and they did not have the means/know-how to express that - so you end up with a 'lack luster' performance??

Now that women have a CHOICE and can ASSERT and ARTICULATE their OWN wants and desires, well... maybe you just don't do much for them in the bedroom or they still feel repressed in that area??!!

Unfortunately women are still beat down in the sex department from birth... conditioned to think that if WE enjoy sex we are a SLUT or whatever... but I think now more than ever it's starting to shift and more and more women are able to explore their sexuality without fear of reprisals or social out-casting!!

Maybe what guys like DAVE think we 'really loved' in the bedroom may not in fact be the reality of the situation!! I personally think there is a lot more to it than just "THRUSTING"!!
 lasheema
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/13/2012 6:46:15 AM
I am TOTALLY on the same page!! I am 40, and very sexual. My boyfriend, sometimes can't take it any longer, as i think i am shredding his penis with the INSANE amount of sex i am demanding! It's not like i want him to perform oral sex either it's mostly that i want to feel his big perfect penis penetrate me. We make jokes about our weekends together and how i want to walk like a cripple monday morning from too much HARD intimate long periods of sex !! Even after he has an orgasm i STILL want more!! I also masturbate quite often; I hold the record for FIVE orgasms total just the other day. I have thoughts of sex when I'm at the gym, checking out the hot trainer's bod i find myself fantasizing and getting all tingly! This has never happened to me at any other age. Sometimes i feel a little dirty but, i am not acting on any of these thoughts when i am out in public and it does feel a little strange but i can't help it and i certainly wouldn't cheat on my boyfriend so, I am just "GOING WITH IT". I definitely feel that i am in my sexual prime. And the best part is that it isn't just sexual. There is a intimate connection that is the main factor in my arousal. The closeness turns me on.
 joey2001_1
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2012 8:15:02 AM
not where i live! more like other way around! as for me no change! i still got it and can go for hours at a time!
 baldguy500
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/13/2012 4:04:13 PM
whats her number.....forget the small talk.....just give me her number
 BigJ_78
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/24/2012 2:13:42 AM
Older women love that balls-deep action with a younger man
 PaminSD
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/24/2012 7:29:38 AM
I'm in my 40's, haven't hit menopause, still have young kids (6 and 8 - late bloomer) at home and holy crap the sex drive is unbelievable! But I am also more comfortable with myself and I think that has a lot to do with it. Just my opinion though. If I could, I would give up my job and have sex all day every day. LOL
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 66
[only problem is I have a higher sex drive then most men my age lol /]
Posted: 12/18/2012 5:59:16 PM
lol ladies above me!

Even my former husband said my sex drive was too much for him!
 What Grinds My Gears
Msg: 67
view profile
History
[only problem is I have a higher sex drive then most men my age lol /]
Posted: 12/18/2012 6:57:29 PM
I agree that women that reach their 40s have a higher sex drive. As a man who has reached 50, I'm not worried about "keeping up" with them. At this age I am so much more in tune with a woman's body, I can get the job done over and over until she can not take any more. I think in my 20s, not knowing as much, pounding away aimlessly, I might have had a tougher time "keeping up".
And thanks to these 40 somethings and their sex drive going into overdrive, my sex drive is back in overdrive!!!
 brimau
Msg: 68
Shocking how many people are completely ignorant of the influence of biology on behavior. As if the
Posted: 12/19/2012 12:09:37 AM
Shocking how many people are completely ignorant of the influence of biology on behavior. As if the human psyche were some nebulous Freudian black box.
What are you saying Doc....lol ? "Her 40 year old female body is telling her to hurry up and have lots of sex for some other reason.....?" I think the other guy's right,"she's just horny and has a big ego to fill".....
Its a self esteem thing, just like how guys go for younger women to make themselves feel better about getting old, women get horny...
 MAB54
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 8:35:27 AM
Thank God for women in their forties!!! It's nice to be rode hard and put to bed wet...
 natgoat227
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 2:01:37 PM
'KER69...'...^^^...
It's ~Love At First Sight!~ . . but I'm just a shade outside your age-range...to write you...!!

~ My Admirations!
 natgoat227
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 8:51:17 PM
Maybe it's all the lead mining / processing in this state....
More research is needed....
...must hit more bars...more often...
~?~
 YKNON
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:06:22 PM
I knew I wasn't the only one. Girl, I'm 42 woman. I get so horny that it is frustrating. I don't have anyone in my life right now. If I did I would be doing him or her all the time. I don't even want to think about.
 YKNON
Msg: 73
Shocking how many people are completely ignorant of the influence of biology on behavior. As if the
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:09:07 PM
Ok, this is the double standard happening again. A man can be horny, you say it is just his nature to be horny. If a woman wants sex all the time something is wrong with her. Screw u. I am going to get me a piece and you can call me crazy or whatever, I got to get the****
 ksayer1
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:50:47 PM
If my sex drive increases in my 40s i could have a serious problem ;)
 DANQQ4DA1
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 1:39:47 AM
Or your boyfriend might have a serious problem then ksayer,lol.
 MsMicki
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:36:50 AM
I stand by response to all these threads........

a womans sex drive is directly related to the quality of sex she is getting!
The better she gets it....the more she will want it!!
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 2:48:46 PM

I stand by response to all these threads........

a womans sex drive is directly related to the quality of sex she is getting!
The better she gets it....the more she will want it!!.

MsMicki,
While I wish I could completely agree with your assertion mine own experience informs me otherwise. Three counselors/therapists over 5-6 years with son's mom, when ever the issue of quality of sex was introduced, either in my presence or absence, son's mom always affirmed my skills as a good lover seeing to her pleasure and enjoyment always above my own. Yet, even though son's mom thought and affirmed her enjoyment of sex/physical intimacy her desire for the same was on an ever downward trend. There was nothing I could do, I could not force, and begging, besides being unseemly, would have cheapened the result for both.

So, while I in spirit agree with your statement/assertion, the realities say other wise. I'm sorry.

And this, of course, is not something a "Test drive" would have revealed. My assessment is that son's mom just got old before her time. Older parents, older sister: she thought and acted old. If anyone were to have a solution for those going through that type of disaster, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

TK
[I feel my age but I ain't no ways old. Yet]
 ksayer1
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 5:00:18 PM
Knight.
I agree with the women above but women can lose their sex drive if in a LTR where their other needs are not being met Also
 deere_rancher
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 5:06:20 PM

I think this is one reason , why women in their 40's , are fun to date and be around
and maybe why , men in the 50's like to date them .
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 9:32:36 PM
ksayer,
I agree that sex drive in women often depends on more than physical foreplay.When son's mom and I married I set aside my professional ambitions so that son's mom could pursue hers unimpeded by the demands of wedded domesticity. As a division of labor goes, this was actually a division based on natural aptitude. Although son's mom and I had equivalent educational backgrounds and attainments, slugging it out in the professional trenches was something more desired by her than by me. This also fulfilled a strong passion for both of us that children be raised with a parent at home rather than by a familial stranger. Quaint notion, perhaps, but this did provide a nurturing and nourishing environment.

the long term upshot was that the time I desired to free up for son's mom to spend with me ended up being used for play time with her girl friends. Hence, marital counseling, etc. Would I repeat the decisions I made? In a heartbeat, but with provisions.

You know, we can always find reasons 20/20 for why a marriage fails. But the truth is that what mortally wounds one marriage is but a bump in the road for another. Another reader could very well look at the above and make the claim that I was insufficiently masculine in our marriage and therefore it was a fait accompli that son's mom fell out of love/lust with me. Perhaps I could have been, but we shall never know.

TK
[it is foolishness diagnosing w/o all the facts; and even then the margin of error only decreases a little]
 MsMicki
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2013 7:02:08 AM
TK......let me rephrase that for ya...

When all is good otherwise in a relationship....the quality of sex is directly related to a woman's sex drive!!

Your posts do confuse me though:
in 1 post you say she was old before her time.....
and in the next post you say she spent too much playtime with her girlfriends.
I'm curious as to what the "playtime" was?
Are we talking shopping or are we talking partying?
I'm also curious as to her behavior directly after the divorce....as it can be a hint as to her "reasons".
 MsMicki
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2013 3:59:51 PM

Stereotypically, men use sex to gain pleasure while women USE SEX to gain power & control over her man. It's the age-old nature of our flesh .

Good thing you said "stereotypically"!!
Even so......I would say it's way more stereotypical for "younger" women to do this.....
most mature women just have sex because it feels good!
And I've found, in my experiences, a great lover.....ends up with the control over me!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > INCREASED sex drive for women in their 40's