Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why POF and not real life?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
currently between jobs, but for the most part the office has always been a good hours drive and tend to work on site / based at home, so not much chance to meet people at work as the location changes daily

online dating sites seem to offer other possibilities, the main towns from me seem to suffer from too many kids dressing up to look older or a bunch of knuckle draggers getting as drunk as possible and then wanting to pick fights

tried a dating venue with some friends, talk about a meat market, think the average age of the ladies was about 65....
 ThePerfectCrime
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Why POF and not real life?
Posted: 12/19/2011 3:37:15 PM
In truth, I'm jut not having much luck with women in general.

I have a big circle of friends but I don't really meet many new females these days. When I go out with my friends, we do the usual bars and clubbing - which I'm sort of getting bored of and are actually quite difficult places to meet women - they all have their guards up, its dark, the music is loud and you can't have a decent conversation because you cant hear each other.

I would try other routes like dance classes and stuff but in truth, I have no interest in that sort of stuff and it would be fairly obvious I was there to try and meet women.

Additionally my circle of friends these days is comprised mainly of Chinese, and as I said in another thread, I'm not really into Chinese women.
 isseycat
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2011 4:10:24 PM
im on here because during the day i am at college so most of my classmates are female or young lads so no romance possibilities there, most of my other friends are female and live all over the country due to us being friends via e bays groups with cats as our main focus, so non of them live near enough to me to go out with socially, we tend to meet as a group about once a year, i am not going to go into a pub in town on my own, so here is a fairly good way of maybe meeting someone of the opposite sex my age group and if after a first meet say for a drink or coffee theres no spark then at least we have both had some decent adult company for an hour or so
 futs
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:20:28 PM

I'm curious to understand what brings people onto online dating websites...

Convenience.... Why go out for a drink, join that new gym or unnecessary trip down the supermarket to meet people outside of your normal social circles when you can do some window shopping from the comfort of your own home.
 Allan Anger
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/30/2011 11:43:57 AM
Good question. I have been single for a very long time. Was married for 17 years, and loved her dearly, but we kinda grew apart. I have traveled a lot of the world, thru my work, and have enjoyed ever place I have been, ergo, I enjoy people, especially the opposite sex...lol...Ones gets to see many different people on a site such as this, and we all have a story. Thats life.. Happy new year all.
 Allan Anger
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/30/2011 11:46:57 AM
lol, u make me smile Pauline
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >