Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > First few dates at someone's house      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 definitelyafind
Msg: 60
First few dates at someone's housePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I dated a gentleman who asked me to have dinner at his home. He made dinner and we had wine. Then we cuddled on the couch for a movie. It was a lovely date and I learned a lot more about him.

He was intelligent, articulate, well mannered, well cultured and a definite gentleman.

I dated him for 'bout 2 1/2 years.

It was our 2nd date.

Depending on the comfort level, chemistry and connection that you have with your date. There are NO RULES in dating....that's in MY BOOK. If you're doing what is best for you and you're comfortable with it, I see nothing wrong with your decisions.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 61
First few dates at someone's house
Posted: 3/4/2012 4:49:23 PM

Posted By: jmark4 on 2/26/2012 111 AM
Subject: First few dates at someone's house
Message: A real man that respects women would NEVER ask a person they just met to come to their house. There have been tons of rapes and assaults from naive women doing this.
--------

So you're inferring I'm not a *real man*?

I'm kind of stuck on your use of the phrase "real man"... What does that mean? Should I be pixelated? Perhaps less of a man? Maybe a Chia Pet?

I'm not going to even qualify your lackluster preface of using the word "respects", either.

Thank you, You see so many say that a 'real' this or that only does what they think you should. When someone starts off that a 'real' only does this, my first thought is they're a fake 'whatever'.
I'm not some kid living in a dorm, when I invite someone into my Home, I think they're special.
 AmadorCA
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:26:40 PM

Thank you, You see so many say that a 'real' this or that only does what they think you should. When someone starts off that a 'real' only does this, my first thought is they're a fake 'whatever'.
I'm not some kid living in a dorm, when I invite someone into my Home, I think they're special.

You're quite welcome. I don't feel as if someone has to qualify for the rest of us. if you have an opinion, let be known it is to represent YOUR opinion. Don't lump us all under your subscription of what you *think* should be "the way".
 AmadorCA
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:05:03 PM
^^ Anytime bro. Just "keeping it real".

OMG I used THAT cliche. Ugh... LOL

Mclaugs55
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:51:43 AM
Preening, how odd.

No way RichenLos Angeles. I jump out of airplanes, swim with the sharks and eels, surf off the CA coast, but even I would not engage in such "at risk" behavior. Not in today's world.
 Mclaugs55
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:09:49 PM
Also, since cheap seems to be part of this thread I'ld like to add my take on this. As a woman in today's world, when I meet someone, no matter how much we have communicated, we meet for a drink first (coffee, tea...)and I always pay for mine, if thats a bust, then thats it. If it goes nicely and we decide to have lunch or dinner after that, if that doesn't go well, I pay for mine. If it does go well, sometimes I pick up the tab or sometimes I let him... I was married for over 28 years so haven't been dating long but find myself uncomfortable with the idea that the man should pay simply because he is a man and I am a woman.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:04:34 PM
Msg 79 - Isn't that what John Denver used to say? And Steve Irwin also?
Come to think of it, whatever happened to them?
Oh yeah, I remember now.
They're dead, and I'm not!!
And, for the record, I have a 1st date coming up this weekend, and yes, we're going to my place.
R
 cookies1972
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:58:56 PM
that's a huge red flag, and i'd get rid of him.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > First few dates at someone's house