Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MikeWM
Msg: 60
view profile
History
does mr.right existPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have to admit I thought it was a bit hilarious for a 20 year old woman to be complaining that despite all of her "perfection" she cant find a man who measures up to her breathtaking levels of princessery

Gee whizz, who'd have thunked it eh?

I think you need to become aware of your own flaws really. Maybe then you will have realistic expectations in partners rather than seeking a level of pefection you dont match yourself
 Pretty RI Lady
Msg: 61
view profile
History
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/23/2011 2:00:39 PM

I looked in the mirror. Yes, Mr. Right exists.

Hahahaha.
 Blueyes4youbabe
Msg: 62
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/23/2011 2:06:11 PM
Looks isnt everything honey. You say you are fussy. Do you want a fussy man? Its easy to point the finger at others and not see the other fingers pointing back at us. Remember you cant change others only yourself. Take a peak inside of you and see what you find. Its ok to have standards but are you putting yourself on a pedestal? We all have our faults and we dont walk on water.
 DuncanRnB
Msg: 64
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/25/2011 3:33:11 PM

I have to admit I thought it was a bit hilarious for a 20 year old woman to be complaining that despite all of her "perfection" she cant find a man who measures up to her breathtaking levels of princessery

Gee whizz, who'd have thunked it eh?

I think you need to become aware of your own flaws really. Maybe then you will have realistic expectations in partners rather than seeking a level of pefection you dont match yourself.
I couldn't have said this better.

Very true, and this myth is what causes misery for both guys and girls. But even if a "mr.right" did exist then they would probably not view him as such. It's unfortunate how true the Inuit story about Sedna is. (In the general picture and obviously ignoring the supernatural elements in the Inuit Story)
 MsMicki
Msg: 65
view profile
History
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/25/2011 8:19:04 PM
My Mr. Right may not be your Mr. Right....
what we all think is the perfect partner is totally subjective to the individual.

But one thing that we all have in common......is if we repeatedly end up with
Mr./Mrs. Wrong...over and over again........
the common denominator is always "ourself"
So if you keep picking "nobs".....then find out why you keep picking those types of men.
 soo-girl
Msg: 66
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/26/2011 8:04:37 AM
I like to think Mr. Right does indeed exist. I was lucky enough to meet someone who is a good candidate for that title. At the very least, he's Mr. Pretty Darn Close, and that is more than good enough for me right now.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 68
view profile
History
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:12:32 PM
if you are going to live with him for the sake of not wanting to be alone than you are in love for the wrong reasons..whatever the right ones are i don't know though :P. anyways, don't be too serious at your age, but it doesn't mean you have to get rid of your boyfriend if you feel or think that you two are very serious.

from my experience: when i was 20 i had an amazing relationship with someone from my class in college, and with amazing i mean that the relationship itself was very known and praised by students. however we chose to live together and that was a huge mistake and the whole thing blew up. so i learned that at such a young age you have to figure out things in your life without being tied to responsibilities that require both of your attention, meaning that you need to have space for yourself.

that said, i advice that when you live together with him you both seek your own time where you can simply forget each other and really have your own time. especially for you, because you need to remind to enjoy having time with yourself just as much as you would enjoy having time with your boyfriend.
 usernonymous
Msg: 70
does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/29/2011 7:33:51 AM
As I turn forty, I had lunch with my mom. She asked me if I was dating, I said no.

She told me to take off my glasses and told me to now find a woman (I have poor eye sight) because my standards were too high.

She told me there is no Miss Right, just Miss Right Enough.

mom.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 78
does mr.right exist
Posted: 1/7/2012 12:58:38 PM
You are only 20 years old, you have your whole life ahead of you! I was a single parent myself. I suggest you concentrate on raising your son for now, a relationship shouldn't be a priority in your life. You'll accidently meet Mr. Right when you least expect it, at the park, at a swimming class or while participating in other activities w/your son.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >