Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > That reply was unnecessary!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AnEvilgenius
Msg: 29
That reply was unnecessary!Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I would have blocked the person after finding the pile up of mail.
I guess after seeing enough crap I no longer go through the motions of look, touch and smell and go straight to calling it what it is.
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 30
That reply was unnecessary!
Posted: 12/21/2011 8:57:30 PM
That's, "cuckoo for Cocoa-Puffs." :)
 NolitaFairytale
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/21/2011 9:01:24 PM
I don't think it was a bad response at all, although I probably would have blocked and deleted. He just responded the way he did since he's crazy, and obviously has nothing better to do than sit on POF and bother people.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/22/2011 5:23:57 AM
LMAO! This guy, with his succession of 13 messages (each one becoming more and more anxiety-ridden than the last) SO reminds me of the movie "Swingers."

This guy had managed to get a woman's telephone number at a party and decided to leave her a message (this was pre cell phones) on her answering machine. Because he was such an emotional basket-case, he kept screwing up his messages (or the machine would cut him off) and he'd call back to leave a continuation message. By the time he'd gotten to his 8th or 9th message, he'd managed to work this imaginary conversation/situation into 'breaking up' with her due to differences they simply couldn't overcome.
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/22/2011 6:54:06 AM
That sounds like it was beyond hate mail ....Sounds like he is a little on the nutty side.. I have always preferred nut free so after the 13 responses he would have met my block button with much haste
 Whisky_River
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/22/2011 7:04:53 AM
Lol...Right..I knew it didn't sound right.
"Cocoa-Puffs"...They were terrible tasting.
 itechman63
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2011 7:40:39 AM
Consider the bullet to be dodged.

If after a 2 minute chat you were flooded with double-digit emails within 24 hours and an angry response to your reply, imagine the obligation he would have felt you owed if you had met him for coffee.

As a man, I always get a little leery if a woman sends me her cell really soon after an initial email or seems agitated if you might not to have been able to respond to a message she had sent within a short timeframe after only exchanging a few messages. I think by having to work to a comfort level while communicating with someone on here, these behaviors do show themselves early on.
 RedElectric
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/22/2011 7:52:31 AM
I get that all the time! Especially if I politely tell them I'm not interested in the first reply, they automatically say I am not their type anyway and I am fat. Whoopdy doo, so clever, why did you hit on me in the first place then?!

I think some people need to be told they're crazy. Hope these people come o terms with their craziness eventually. Your approach was very civilized. :)

One persons reply gave me an great idea. Next time I get something like that I will say, "Sorry, I'm allergic to nuts." *block* haha
 Monica417
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/22/2011 8:15:37 AM
[Well, that may depend.. What city ARE you from?

He could be right ya know ]

Tasty already scoped that out and is hitting on her! He was quick on the uptake.
 KatWing123
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/22/2011 12:57:24 PM
[Quote]Tasty already scoped that one out and is hitting on her! He was quick on the uptake.

That didn't go un-noticed. LOL. But I think I started it in another thread when I confirmed he was a handsome man with a personality. :)
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/22/2011 5:25:37 PM
As a five year old, to me they were the same as manna.
 Marly1984
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/22/2011 9:00:59 PM
Oh Yeah!!! I ve experienced that!!! I just ignore, i dont even bother to block!
 KatWing123
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/23/2011 7:05:30 AM

You deserve better though. Maybe with a Canadian flavor :)

We could celebrate Thanksgiving TWICE! That's (almost) enough incentive for me!
 rec_diver
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:58:22 AM

Metropolispt1 : Stop whining.Its no worse than having sent 150+ messages out over 4 years in here without ONE interested reply.....grow up and just accept it.

Maybe it's time to change up your strategy? You sound like you're starting to get frustrated and bitter.. which is not going to work for you, it's going to show up in how you word your profile, messages you send out to women, how you respond if you do get that occasional response..

- How about a different dating site, a paid one, such as Match?
- Speed dating
- Singles events and activities in your area

You know the definition of insanity..
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:59:27 AM
Posted By: Metropolispt1 on 12/24/2011 1050 AM
Subject: That reply was unnecessary!
Message: Stop whining.Its no worse than having sent 150+ messages out over 4 years in here without ONE interested reply.....grow up and just accept it.

oops; ok, rec_diver said it, so I'm not going to rub it in.
 KatWing123
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/24/2011 3:17:32 PM

Stop whining.Its no worse than having sent 150+ messages out over 4 years in here without ONE interested reply.....grow up and just accept it.

I think that you are misreading my original post...I wasn't whining. I was mearly asking if anyone else experienced this and if my response was OK. But, I can see how it might look like a whine. Please note, that I prefer wine to whine. (with cheese, please)

I clicked on your profile to check it out, but it's closed. I was going to throw you a bone and help you out! From a woman's perspective, of course.
 rec_diver
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:55:25 PM

sortofmaybe: I was on one evening and I got a message from a guy telling me I had a cheek to be on a dating site, me being a single mother and all....who on earth would want my baggage, that I had notions above my station and that I was deluding myself thinking anyone would want me !!! Then he blocked me !! You really just have to laugh !!

Don't be so quick to laugh.

Well he might not have said it very nicely but it's true. Single mothers with children under the age of 10 are not allowed to post dating profiles on the internet.

It's one of those obscure laws that don't really seem to make all that much sense but I blame the politicians for it.
 Lmtred79
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/26/2011 11:26:54 AM
Some people can't take rejection well. So sad. I had the same problem from a wacko on here once. I didn't answer the phone, so I get 15 so calls and messages all getting worse each time and more and more vulgar. I had no choice but to laugh a little cause in each message he was telling me I better not ever contact him again, yet he's the one calling me over and over. Some people have no clue.
 egowitch
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/26/2011 12:59:55 PM
You did just fine - a thoughtful, kind, to the point approach , that most any reasonably sane human would understand. This guy just doesn't sound like he falls in that category.

And yes - the same thing has happened to me - almost verbatim .
 coastalmermaid
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/26/2011 3:08:09 PM
Seems like there are many on here who can't handle rejection in any form. If I'm not interested I've learned the hard way to just send a quick 'thanks but no thanks' message and block RIGHT AWAY. I also have my IM turned off. If a guy I think may be compatable sends me a nice polite introductory email then I might invite him to chat, turn it on, and chat for a few minutes. Usually a few minutes is all it takes for them to move into the 'sex chat mode' because they think they have my interest...or I'm desperate for it.

Apparently we all have to experience a lot of negative people in order to fully appreciate the good ones...and there are some good ones
 larissan04
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/27/2011 6:52:17 AM
i have received all manner of weird messages. i get these guys that seem to think that taking the insult-the-woman approach is some how charming. i also get messages from men complaining because i didn't even bother to respond, but of course, if they had read my profile they wouldn't have bothered to contact me in the first place. there are lots of weird-os on pof, and you just have to take such incidents with a grain of salt. this guy sounds like a complete nutcase. it's best to block him at this point. i mean, he's already demonstrated that he's verbally abusive (name calling), and in my world that is a complete deal breaker without the added bonus of sending you 13 messages in one day.
 OyVay...
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:55:36 AM
HEY!!! What's with all the knocks on NY? A great place, especially the city!!

Look OP, there will always be nutjobs and wackos! So many can't seem to get this online thing to work for them, so they become somewhat bitter and angry. Then suddenly someone chats or responds to an email and they get desperate to keep it going.(not pretty) Then when someone sees their desparation, they pull away and the person releases all that stored up anger!

Better you found out now, than on a date.

As for hate mail, yeah I get unfounded and founded! I enjoy all mail, so who cares, it never gets a rise out of me. In this case, I would block them, if only to preserve space in my emails. Hahahahha!!
 KatWing123
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/27/2011 11:09:47 AM

HEY!!! What's with all the knocks on NY? A great place, especially the city!!

I think everyone's just jealous that NY has 3 NFL teams! Doesn't matter that 2 play in Jersey.
 bluejean54
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/27/2011 11:57:20 AM
Hello...I came back from the 3 day Christmas Holiday weekend to find a message from
a man I dated for about 4 dates way back in June 2011...I never ever hurt him just realized when he finally kissed me after the last time we were ever together that I didn't feel the fireworks and felt horrible that he now felt like just a friend..tried as delicate as I could possibly be to let him know..he was sweet,kind,generous,fun, and good-looking, but my 23yr marriage was never for passion and love so I am seeking just that..I may or may not find, but then that is life..the gentleman didn't even want my friendship so that was that...But now he has decided to strike out at every gal that wronged him this year here on POF, then HE BLOCKED ME TO REPLY TO HIM...HE IS A TOTAL COWARD..he even judged my faith in God and preceded to tell me of the great looking, wealthy gals he could have had....
I never bothered him at all and I am a firm believer in being decent to all people, but this man showed me his true side and his enormous ego!!!!!!!!!!!!
David, hope you read this!!!
 ihatepasswords
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 4:28:13 PM
There's a lot of crazies out there. I wouldnt give him the time of day. It's a waste of time. DELETE, BLOCK AND DO NOT REPLY! He doesn't deserve you. Good luck and be careful.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > That reply was unnecessary!