Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > That reply was unnecessary!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KatWing123
Msg: 55
That reply was unnecessary!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

HEY!!! What's with all the knocks on NY? A great place, especially the city!!

I think everyone's just jealous that NY has 3 NFL teams! Doesn't matter that 2 play in Jersey.
 bluejean54
Msg: 56
That reply was unnecessary!
Posted: 12/27/2011 11:57:20 AM
Hello...I came back from the 3 day Christmas Holiday weekend to find a message from
a man I dated for about 4 dates way back in June 2011...I never ever hurt him just realized when he finally kissed me after the last time we were ever together that I didn't feel the fireworks and felt horrible that he now felt like just a friend..tried as delicate as I could possibly be to let him know..he was sweet,kind,generous,fun, and good-looking, but my 23yr marriage was never for passion and love so I am seeking just that..I may or may not find, but then that is life..the gentleman didn't even want my friendship so that was that...But now he has decided to strike out at every gal that wronged him this year here on POF, then HE BLOCKED ME TO REPLY TO HIM...HE IS A TOTAL COWARD..he even judged my faith in God and preceded to tell me of the great looking, wealthy gals he could have had....
I never bothered him at all and I am a firm believer in being decent to all people, but this man showed me his true side and his enormous ego!!!!!!!!!!!!
David, hope you read this!!!
 ihatepasswords
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 4:28:13 PM
There's a lot of crazies out there. I wouldnt give him the time of day. It's a waste of time. DELETE, BLOCK AND DO NOT REPLY! He doesn't deserve you. Good luck and be careful.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/27/2011 5:18:18 PM
Congrats. You've got yourself a stalker. The whole obsession hopelessly intertwined with hate thing. It's exhilarating.
 KatWing123
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/28/2011 8:40:00 AM

Congrats. You've got yourself a stalker. The whole obsession hopelessly intertwined with hate thing. It's exhilarating.

Ummm...yay! Or, yay?

Just a brief update. I blocked him and had a couple of wonderful, blissful days of lovely messages. Then, BAM! New profile, same anger. Fan-freakin-tastic! Some dude needs to get.a.life, because really...really...I'm not *all that.* LOL
 jbihn
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/14/2012 9:14:20 PM
I think that was a very thoughtful response on your part. Regardless though, at least you found out before wasting any more time on him. He definately has issues!
 TOaks91360
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/9/2014 8:07:04 AM
I love nutty and edgy in a person. I just don't share my address with them.
 OutMind
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/9/2014 9:01:39 AM
Personally, I do not instant messaging. It's a waste of time and sounds more like you are talking to Beavis and Butt head, than having an intelligent conversation. I use email only. That way you can express yourself in normal sentences and communicate.

Also, when someone is not clicking with you. Just let them go and ignore them. Most of the time, when you tell them WHY you may not be a match ends up in an angry tirade by the other person. So don't waste your time with people like that.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/9/2014 5:53:04 PM
I had a similar experience to OP's a few weeks ago, a lighter case thankfully. This guy kept texting me and we had not spoken on the phone yet. I guess I should have known better as he was planning the 2nd date before we had a 1st date or talk on the phone. When I sent him an email noting not a good match, wished him well....he immediately responded something about me being overly judgmental......go figure. Sometimes, intuition (gut feeling) works wonders :)
 sigungq
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2014 7:19:59 PM
OP, I think this is one of the problems with the online community in general, not just dating sites. It's just plain lack of online etiquette. Even though I happen to be a rather bitter old "nice guy" who never gets boo from the ladies, I would still be polite.

Either way, I'd say block him, and be thankful you dodged a bullet.
 ktxginger
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/9/2014 9:30:39 PM
This guy was showing his true colors before you got in deeper with him. That is good for you b/c it helps you weed people out that are nutty.

I had one guy give me his number and I told him it would be a couple days before I could call. 2 days later I get a message from him (was actually planning on calling that evening) that was rude and he told me that he 'wouldn't bother Mrs. Obama again'. I blocked him and was thankful I didn't give him my number. Since then, he has made 2 more profiles (that I know of) and has contacted me through both ...
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/10/2014 5:25:03 AM

We talked for a couple of minutes and I had to run, so I told him I would contact him tomorrow. By the time I woke up this morning, there were 13 messages from him in my inbox. 13!

I'm picturing some guy in a dirty t-shirt who was mid-coitus with his left hand when you cut him off so casually. just who do you think you are, missy? no wonder he called you and your city bad names. you shameless hussy.

a diplomatic approach.

nice try, but anyone who sends you 13 progressively more insane messages probably isn't going to be receptive to "diplomacy". he is the Louis Wain of the internet, going batshit crazy one email at a time.

Have you guys/gals experienced unfounded hate mail?

no dammit, i've never had one of those but i hear so much about them that i'm beginning to feel left out. where is he?

And, would you have said something different? Or said nothing at all and just ignored, deleted and blocked?

my initial reply, had I bothered to reply at all, would have been a lot like yours. after that, I would have egged him on just hoping to see his head explode.

then I'd start a thread about it and watch those opinions roll in like turds down a hill.

then a certain forum member (who shall remain nameless) and I could start an argument about what kind of glitter to roll the turds in. then we'd both get banned for threatening to kill each other and taking at least one moderator (who shall remain nameless) with us. at least six other people would be cheering, but for which side we aren't sure.

oh sorry I got a little off track there.
 ilPescatore
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/10/2014 7:52:34 AM

Not so, according to him. He replied back with a very mean and hateful comment calling me all sorts of bad names and dissing the city that I'm from. WTF?!

Just use the "block" function, IMO.
This is online dating, on a free website,.
you're under no obligation to even reply let alone reply "in time", etc etc. If you're not sitting on here all the time like the guy apparently is, that's another indication that you probably wouldn't even be a good match anyway.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/31/2014 5:40:00 AM

I had one guy give me his number and I told him it would be a couple days before I could call. 2 days later I get a message from him (was actually planning on calling that evening) that was rude and he told me that he 'wouldn't bother Mrs. Obama again'.

I hope he doesn't write comedy for a living. What does that even mean?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > That reply was unnecessary!