Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Are the Holidays/Xmas too anxiety provoking???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 12
Are the Holidays/Xmas too anxiety provoking???Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
most years are nice for me.
but not this year.
one of my daughters is stuck in L.A.
her boyfriend cant come because he cant leave her their with his grandpa.
I had an argument with another daugter...
its all stressfull this year.
and I am having a guest come over with a house that is not exactly neat and he is an obsessive neat freak person.
but i will get by because I believe in Santa.

So you have a strong and strong willed family who covers their responsibilities and significant others. If you wont cant yet count your blessings for that....I bet many in the world will count their blessings that you created this

Perhaps you can have fun with neat dude; and smile, and laugh, and test boundaries

Then have great sex and an absolutely charming New Year.

P.s. This page of comments was absolutely heart touching beautiful. :)
 Paderic
Msg: 13
Are the Holidays/Xmas too anxiety provoking???
Posted: 12/22/2011 10:57:00 AM
I don't celebrate Christmas, so it causes me no anxiety whatsoever.
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/25/2013 6:30:12 AM

I would say it's anxiety provoking because it can be depressing being outside and seeing couples enjoying a holiday together, where I'm left by myself. New year's is probably worse. On a good note, it is great seeing my two nephews enjoy my company and the excitement on their faces for all the presents that I gave them.
.... Valentine's day is just around the corner...Jeeez...

I am quite focussed on friends & family & that makes me feel so much more relaxed...those couples u see out & about may not be all they appear to be ;0) or maybe they are, I think once you get to a certain age/point in your life you take the best out of who & what is around you!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2013 5:39:03 PM
... right now, this minute ... Monday evening before Thanksgiving and still
not knowing exactly who IS and who is NOT coming to dinner Thursday ...
and babysitting a 3-year-old and a 5-year-old instead of making cranberry
sauce ... and a rug I washed is hanging on the swing set still drying after dark
... trying to keep my granddaughters out of my bedroom so they don't see the
unwrapped Christmas presents I hurried to stash in there ... waxing furniture
and trying to decide which pot to cook what and how to time the turkey AND
the stuffings AND the sweet potatoes ... hoping my wheat-free pie crust will
REALLY work ... and whether who will eat which cuz some have allergies and
everyone has preferences ...

yeah ... right now ... it's a little stressy ... Friday, it'll all be fine ... until I gear up
again for all the little people sleeping over Christmas eve and watching for
Santa and not being able to open presents until after breakfast ...

I love it ... absolutely love it ... wish there were more people coming!
 aquila75
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/25/2013 8:30:37 PM
I could have sworn the "holiday's" are just another work day.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/26/2013 7:50:00 AM
Some people face the holidays with dread and anxiety, others look forward to the festivities and embrace the chaos.

I have a friend who stresses over thanksgiving dinner every year like the world will end if something doesn't turn out right, it drives her crazy that I am so casual about the whole thing. Cook what I want, serve it at the time and want and enjoy the company and anyone who is bothered by my lax attitude toward it is welcome to eat elsewhere! No stress at all! I love to cook and we all pitched in and we all clean up afterward. There is no stress and anxiety because I don't allow for it.

The same applies with Christmas, I know a few of the bah humbug type and I ignore them. I love Christmas and again I am not seeking perfection, just the company of those I love. I guess that attitude removes all the anxiety.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Are the Holidays/Xmas too anxiety provoking???