Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why So Serious...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hotmerlot
Msg: 23
Why So Serious...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I couldn't even read this whole thing.

Could you just cut to the chase and shorten it to read; "Little man with big soapbox seeks acolyte".

It won't get you more dates, but it will be easier to read.

Thanks
 orionids4ever
Msg: 24
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 8:19:28 AM
I know what you are driving at. You obviously are obsessing on this woman because of her looks. How about contacting more women and mix it up a bit. Perhaps you should read their profiles and try not to go just by attractiveness or beauty and give the "average" looking ladies a chance. You will surely find someone with whom you can connect on a deeper level.
 DomG79
Msg: 25
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 8:22:08 AM
Damn, she just told the OP to lower his standards. Are you sure you know what you are doing?
 7THstreet
Msg: 26
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 8:26:15 AM
Well, yep, he's gone.

Guess he took his seriousness elsewhere.

Betcha he peeks back in to read!

Betcha your right , I got a new shiny dollar (CDN ) up for grabs !
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 12:31:58 PM
Are we really expected to read this whiny poor poor pitiful me one women I never met didn't like me? You've got to be kidding!
 lotustemple
Msg: 28
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 1:03:28 PM
I'll bet the beautiful redhead was really a pimple faced 14 yr old boy on restriction stuck in his bedroom looking for kicks to stave off the boredom. Or someone like my deceased neighbor, a retired english professor in his 80's that would smoke pot all day long and respond to ads on the internet with fake pics.

Moral of the story: Don't get excited about someone here until you meet and actually mutually like one another.
 Tim0066
Msg: 29
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 1:23:38 PM
Oh don't go bashing all short men ffs. You girls complain about men being shallow, don't do what you condemn men for doing...

Its like us men bashing/stereotyping all the fat women... (or should I be politically correct and call them the 'few extra pounds' women?)

How did his thread last this long shouldn't it have been vote deleted by now?

They should autodelete threads when the OP cancels account within a few days of posting thread.
 Pretty RI Lady
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 1:31:31 PM

Its like us men bashing/stereotyping all the fat women... (or should I be politically correct and call them the 'few extra pounds' women?)

Timmmm. Geeeezzzz, picking on the fat girls?
 DomG79
Msg: 31
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 3:30:22 PM

Oh don't go bashing all short men ffs. You girls complain about men being shallow, don't do what you condemn men for doing...

You hit the nail on the head my friend.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14869648.aspx

I once had this poem on my profile that addressed specifically what you said right here.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 32
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 3:49:01 PM
ur dammed if u do dammed if u don't.

yes i believe the profile set up CAN be wayy over rated and usually the harder ull try with it and ur online approach the harder ull fall except in some few cases.

just do what suits u.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 33
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 4:37:08 PM

As I see it, men and women are out to impress -either by flaunting their good looks, achievements, or in my case writing a thought provoking profile.

Well, there's a problem right there. Some of us are not out to impress--we're just who we are and write a profile to reflect that. If someone doesn't like mine, they probably won't like me, so I've saved us both a bit of time.

Another thing that is really good about being yourself--you'll only attract those interested in who you are. So if you are always interested in provoking thought, then leave things as they are--but if you are also fun, a bit of that should be in your profile, too. Let the profile reflect "you" and you alone, not what you think will impress others.
 hotmerlot
Msg: 34
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 6:41:11 PM
He created another profile to send me an email about my post. Then he deleted that profile as well.

Cue in Twilight Zone Music
 rec_diver
Msg: 35
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 7:30:26 PM
The Op is obviously a little "off".. he's a sad lonely dude who expected to find love and happiness on a dating site. He gets one response that was critical of his profile and he doesn't get why she isn't asking him to marry her based on a few philosophical probably boring as heck paragraphs on a dating profile.

He came here looking for answers and was met with the same "lack of understanding" because.. well.. he lives in a world that is different from most.. if he finds his true love, odds are he'll find her during medication time at the nurse's station in between electroshock treatments.

I hope he doesn't own a gun either.
 j9768
Msg: 36
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/23/2011 8:15:53 PM

I'm not looking for a man to tell me what he thinks I want to hear.
I've evolved emotionally, spiritually and working on physically...for no else"

iman, she complains about your writing yet she gives you a response like this! She may be "evolved" but she's lacking the one thing that would validate anything she's supposedly accomplished, "for no [one] else," and that is, humility. Tell her to keep working on the "physical" and you'll get back to her when she's evolved further.
 SugarCoatedCookies
Msg: 37
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/24/2011 1:50:17 AM
Dang and I didn't get here soon enough to read his profile
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 38
Why So Serious...
Posted: 12/24/2011 4:52:44 AM
You might like to know that not everyone, me included, is out to impress readers in their profiles. I wrote mine to convey, as clearly as possible both my intentions for being on pof and portray something about myself. I actually want people to get a sense of who I am, not who I want to present an image of.

I think you are far too cynical of women. You give that impression from what you say about Tom Cruise's wife Katie and also the woman who rejected you because, according to you, she thought you were too short, but in your mind wouldn't have turned you down if you had a million dollars. A huge assumption. We women are not all shallow, you know.

I think you are very judgmental about "Mary's" spiritual orientation. Just because she turned you down doesn't mean she's not compassionate, etc. I suspect her comment about you being too serious was a nice way of saying you take yourself too seriously, are possibly too ego-centric.

I agree, we need to free ourselves from romantic myths. We also need to recognize other people's experiences of life are theirs, and not imperfect versions of our own. Your view of what Mary was thinking, may have been completely different to what you thought was happening.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why So Serious...