Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What makes a woman over 40 sexy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 354
What makes a woman over 40 sexy?Page 37 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
What Rozie said. and the take charge attitude, the fierceness to get s*^# done. Keeps increasing too.
 _shakti_
Msg: 355
What makes a woman over 40 sexy?
Posted: 3/13/2014 5:20:21 PM
How come so many women are posting on what makes a woman over 40 sexy? Aren't we a tad biased? lol..

Maybe the 40+ sexual prime thing plays a role too?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2014 5:32:24 PM

Yummy legs, and the ability to grab my head with both hands and put my face where she wants it to be, do what she wants instead of just receive, and to keep it there until she's completely finished. Awrooo!
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 357
Posted: 3/14/2014 8:27:24 PM
I'm 44 and I feel sexy and guys tell me I'm sexy all the time too. I have no problems getting dates with men my age or younger. Can't turn back the clock, so better make the best of it. Many 20-something women are out of shape, have horrible skin due to tanning, smoke, party, wear garish makeup, etc., so in comparison, I don't look too bad.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 358
Posted: 3/16/2014 12:51:00 PM
Everyone and their brother will note that confidence is indeed a turn-on, but I's also like to point out that FALSE confidence, or hubris or whatever you may call it - does NOT work. A couple examples...

- Moms who frequently boast they are a protective 'pit bull' around their kids and NOBODY messes with them - but in reality, that posturing has NOTHING to do with dating a person one-on-one - and they tend to be an emotional pushover towards themselves and fall for bad guys all the time.

- Ladies using words like 'sassy' or 'sarcastic' to prove they are thick-skinned, when in fact they are painfully sensitive and insecure about something - like being overweight or not successful or not 'over' their last relationship.

Men are equally as guilty of hubris - and have gotten 'played' off of that false pride and duped into making an ass of themselves several times over.
---------------------------------------------------------
Having true confidence builds from within by what you have already done and where you are now - not so much by what you want to do or have intentions to do.

When it comes to fitness, I've told people constantly your best progress gets made when you toss out the bathroom scale and don't worry about the weight and just concentrate on establishing your routine, eating reasonably healthy and your overall well being -- yet people STILL cling religiously to single-calorie counting and half-pound increments of weight loss 'progress' just to feel good about themselves so they can 'reward' their progress with some ice cream or stuff their face with a feast once they hit that weight 'goal', which completely defeats the reason for adapting to a new, healthier style for life. It doesn't require hubris to stick to a healthy routine - it requires discipline and a willingness to change.
 techgirl27
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2014 11:13:03 PM
I am pining to know the answer to this. Most people I talk to can't believe I'm the mom of two teenagers, but I am.
Just from my point of view, I would like to think (or hope at least!) that it is less about jeans size and more about how open your mind and heart are. Naturally, people who don't neglect their health, teeth, etc are going to appear more attractive to more people, but what is the real answer? Interesting Q because at this age, a lot more should have "already gone wrong" in many people's eyes. To me, intelligent is the new sexy, from my point of view at least.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 360
Posted: 3/17/2014 7:48:54 AM

Most people I talk to can't believe I'm the mom of two teenagers, but I am.

I can believe it.

yikes... not so kind cooldog :)

(I will admit; I always have hated my babyface and used to resent being taken for younger where credibility especially had to be fought for, but a couple weeks ago i met a mom of my daughter's friend, and this woman.. holy cr*p, she looked MAYBE 30, was drop dead gorgeous and she had a 31 year old son.

I will never say I look young again after meeting her. I feel ancient LOL
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 361
Posted: 3/17/2014 8:53:21 AM
A discernable waist
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2014 4:00:36 PM
I love confidence in a middle aged woman. Looks are definitely secondary as we grow older. If she dresses smartly, walks and talks with confidence, isn't afraid of starting a conversation and has some intelligence, she's sexy to me!!

I'm attracted to curvy women, so take the above with the voluptuous assets that middle aged women usually have and you go from a sexy 40+ woman to a HOT 40+ woman!!

drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2014 1:29:50 AM
This thread question implies that 40 is old or something. Maybe a 40 year old don't look like a teenager, but it certainly doesn't qualify as even beginning to get old yet. Maybe "older than", but not old - different. Just like the only thing that changes when you turn 30 is what everybody feels about 30. Like it's a magical line that you cross. You're still just 29 + 1, and 2 whole decades away from "actual old". Forty just isn't the right number for this question. We could just as easily ask what makes people over 30 sexy, therefore addressing how we all felt about 30 when we ourselves were under 30, and so soliciting remarks from those under 30 as well as over. When I pretty often see even 50 year old women who are "hot", but 50 is definately the boundry where the implied parameters of the question really do begin coming into play...then 50 would be a more sensible question - "what makes a woman over 50 sexy?" If not, "what makes a woman over 30 sexy?" makes as much sense, though of course is asking about something different. But 40 just doesn't make much sense to me. And for that matter, I'd say to not pick on only women with this question, and ask it of men...but then I'm sure we'll just mostly get the bit about men's sexiness with age being a different dynamic - except that we might find out some things that we don't usually hear or think about if it was put to the male gender.

But then, as soon as we begin thinking about all this from what I just said here, we realize, again, that whatever it is that makes a woman of any age sexy is usually probably the same thing that makes a woman sexy of any other age, no? (whenever we weed out those false assumptions and cliches of age and maturity, that is.)
 JoggerGirl02
Msg: 364
Posted: 5/6/2014 4:38:20 AM

the 1% would be very busy!

I wouldn't mind having a bash at being the 1%...reckon I might quite enjoy it!
 Law212
Msg: 365
Posted: 5/6/2014 8:03:05 AM

Nothing.

Women over 40 are hideous beasts.

Kidding.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 366
Posted: 5/16/2014 10:54:47 AM
Women over 40 are hideous beasts.

Ageless indeed they appear to be.

Wow.

This is quite amazing. I personally find that women over 40 reach the pinnacle of sexiness. They seem to lose the baby fat they still have from their 30's. They loose the sexual inhibition and taboos from the past. They are much less militant than 30 year old women. Their libidos seem to sky rocket and get out of the stratosphere. I personally think it's the hottest of ages. However, when a woman in her 40s takes care of herself, maybe even pushes it, where she runs, does cycling, goes to the gym or is a Tri, they carry that energy an sensuality into their fifties and manage to age more gracefully.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2014 9:05:13 PM
What makes women over 40 sexy....humm let me count the ways
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 368
Posted: 5/18/2014 12:06:02 PM
the eternal dawn:

I am surrounded by bilious leeches, so I don't know what to say. Ageless indeed they appear to be. When they are near me a wind of coldness and indifference blows towards me and repulsion is the only thought in my mind. Maybe it's only in this part of the world where the standardization of beauty has become monotonous and repetitive. Maybe, why don't they try to feed the soul? The soul? What's that she would retort and I walk away again from the apathetic drudgery.

that is really really sad. Is it possible that is seriously the only kind of person you have hit? Lack of souls come in all shapes and sizes, but for all those who don't have the time or energy to develop one; there are many who have amazing ones; that are out there.

If you are not finding them where you seek them, maybe change your fishing destination or change your bait. Because there are many who love beauty, integrity, honesty, touch and have a huge capacity for empathy and love.

That does not somehow die just because of time of life. Age is something that makes a person more of what they already are. So for all of those who become cynical and apathetic and a little cruel?

There those who become MORE compassionate, more passionate and more empathetic.

You just have to open your eyes and heart to see them. Otherwise the one missing the soul could, in this case, be you. Souls recognize like souls :)

peace :)
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2014 2:00:10 PM
You're either sexy or your not, nothing makes you sexy.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2014 10:25:32 AM

Thigh boots, a basque and whip may help though....

(you may have to take your hat of though)

Gladly, it's definitely removable feature, especially in order to gain further knowledge on the subject matter.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 371
Posted: 5/19/2014 12:12:11 PM

You're either sexy or your not, nothing makes you sexy.

Totally disagree with this statement.

I've worked with models. I come from a country with incredibly sexy and beautiful women. Most models look like ca-ca before the slew of make up artist work on them. In my country you can see even ugly women that prep themselves up and have an attitude that makes them look sexy.

The reality is that most women are nothing but 6s. The rest is a mix of attitude, physical and optical illusions and last one third genes.
 cooldog65
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2014 4:46:04 PM
For me sexiness is a combination of looks and personality. Having both is extremely rare from my observations. I have seen plenty of one (looks) or the other (personality).
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2014 6:00:09 PM

Totally disagree with this statement

I've worked with models. I come from a country with incredibly sexy and beautiful women. Most models look like ca-ca before the slew of make up artist work on them. In my country you can see even ugly women that prep themselves up and have an attitude that makes them look sexy.

Your confusing cute with sexy, many beautiful women are NOT sexy (just beautiful) and many average women are sexy as hell. It's how you carry yourself, not how you look, it's how you tilt your head/toss your hair not how it looks, it's the look in the eye not the mascara...well you get the point. I've seen twins in the same stilettos, one knows how to walk in them, one does not...it's knowledge and attitude, not make-up.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 374
Posted: 5/19/2014 6:01:30 PM
Wow, you have your own country? Impressive - that would make you at least a, what? 7?

My own country? I wish. So I could set it free from the dictatorship and descent into Communism in which is going. The women down there (Venezuela) look hot even when they demonstrate and wear anti tear gas masks and protest signs.

Me a 7? I take that as a complement since I am just your average Joe when it comes to looks.

Your confusing cute with sexy, many beautiful women are NOT sexy (just beautiful) and many average women are sexy as hell. It's how you carry yourself, not how you look, it's how you tilt your head/toss your hair not how it looks, it's the look in the eye not the mascara...well you get the point. I've seen twins in the same stilettos, one knows how to walk in them, one does not...it's knowledge and attitude, not make-up.

Semantics. We mean the same thing. Sexy does not mean cute.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2014 6:09:17 PM
"Sexy does not mean cute." Maybe it's a male thing, I think cute guys are sexy...

Anyway, it's very individual, what is sexy to one man may turn the next one totally off.
 pureandsimple4172
Msg: 376
Posted: 5/22/2014 8:15:26 AM
-Trustworthy
-better grasp for reality
-more experience
 ASherryA
Msg: 377
Posted: 6/28/2014 5:55:57 PM
musicman you are so right on.
On the otherhand, all those things also get us called a **** by men, and women, who don't know how to handle a quality older woman. Alas.....
 DMarc1980
Msg: 378
Posted: 7/15/2014 4:58:11 AM
Looking like she is thirty?
It's a very relative question!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What makes a woman over 40 sexy?