Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What makes a woman over 40 sexy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alotlikebeck
Msg: 101
view profile
History
What makes a woman over 40 sexy?Page 5 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
It's all about experience, maturity, and knowing what to do with what You've got.
alotlikebeck
 Double Cabin
Msg: 102
view profile
History
What makes a woman over 40 sexy?
Posted: 9/8/2006 8:14:39 PM
Me and her beautiful dress on the floor looking better than it ever had or ever will.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2006 9:23:25 PM
What makes a woman over 40 sexy is that we don't think of sexy the same way we used to. It's not about the hair, the makeup, all the stuff we used to spend all sorts of money and time on and agonize over just the right shoes....haha!! Pffttt....it's not about that at all, by 40 hopefully we've learned that. And yes, I do still enjoy getting ready to go out, but it's just different....if you aren't paying attention and time to nurture what's most beautiful about you, no clothes or makeup will compensate.
If we aren't attractive being US and laughing if we get caught out in the rain our hair gets wet, and we lose a heel because our shoes are soaked....and still have fun AKKK what's the point? And yes, I have walked in with a heel in my hand, walking lopsided, soaking wet...and laughed myself silly. It's all in the attitude, don't sweat the small stuff and most of it IS the small stuff.
 KenF
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2006 9:50:11 AM
Well said MaeFlowers :-)
I remember watching Hart to Hart many years ago.
I thought she was darn sexy, she was the kind of woman I wanted to marry.
Now I'm that age ... :-) But I don't have his money ... :-S

:-) Ken
 Summer Dream
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2006 7:44:22 AM
Hmmm. Your idea of sexy seems superficial.

Sensible shoes - well, some of us wear them because we'd rather not have sore backs or feet, and don't feel that we need to dress like Barbie anymore. Some of us have jobs that require sensible footwear - heels just don't work in a lot of professions.

Salon hairstyles may work for some, but not all. Do you really think that hair looks better bleached, dyed, lacquered and teased, rather than clean and tidy? Does every woman need to spend $50-100 every couple of weeks on her hair to keep your attention?

Facial hair? Well, the same goes for men. Get someone you trust to give you an honest opinion of that goatee or scraggly beard. Should you really keep that 5 o'clock shadow? Bristlely faces aren't a pleasure to behold (well trimmed moustaches and beards aside - men only) on men or women.

Same goes for make-up. Not every woman wants to put on paint every day. I'm sure there are a number of men who could be improved with a touch of blush and concealer... :-)
 Summer Dream
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2006 4:09:16 AM
I don't lie about my age - it's only a number.

Many men also lie about their age on here, believing that they'll somehow make themeselves more attractive to younger women.

But once you meet, the jig is up, and now you have a black mark against you to start things off. Not a good way to start a potential relationship in my opinion.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 4:46:10 PM
Maturity. Or was it immortality?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 6:37:33 PM
"A good bum always helps too." I kicked my last one to the curb....oops..wrong BUM!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 7:05:27 PM
tryintodulc "Somehow. I just can't put my finger on it." Haha...oh I could SO run with this one. Sorry, man, just struck me as funny. You know trying to put your finger on it could get ya smacked...hey HAD to say it!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 8:41:57 PM
Well if it's YOU...hon. Don't mind isn't even close!!
I have to censor myself...AKK can't say much more than that!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:11:27 PM
Just a general comment, not a response to anyone's posts....women and men that have life experience..are just so delightful. Most things roll off like rain off a duck's back, it's not that we don't care..we just know what we care about, women and men. And with life experience we relax more, laugh more, and realize that in perspective, there are only a select few things that really matter and have value. Once anyone has a handle on that, young or old...so much more intuned.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2006 5:15:54 PM
It's all in the attitude. Not all women over 40 have it and some much younger do. What I mean is comfort with themselves, a maturity that is above the girlish highschool head games, and a willingness to express who they are and not be concerned what others might think.
 serendipity36
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2006 3:33:56 PM
benjamin franklin wrote a famous letter to his nephew suggesting that he enjoy women over forty. his reasoning in an abbreviated form is that they don't tell, they don't swell, they don't yell and they are grateful as hell. this is true.

for me, it is the same thing that makes any women sexy. and that is, that they let me know that they are interested in me.
 serendipity36
Msg: 114
view profile
History
what did i do wrong
Posted: 12/8/2006 3:37:40 PM
benjamin franklin wrote a famous letter to his nephew suggesting that he enjoy women over forty. his reasoning in an abbreviated form is that they don't tell, they don't swell, they don't yell and they are grateful as hell. this is true.

for me, it is the same thing that makes any women sexy. and that is, that they let me know that they are interested in me.

p.s.
this didn't seem to make it to the forum. how do i do that.
 studplayrico
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2006 9:30:54 PM
They are way more confortable with themselves. That's what makes them sexy.
 The Shape of My Heart
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/11/2006 10:36:48 AM
Sweet Man I admire your grace!

I love the Sean Connery one!! and I really don't find Brad Pitt attractive..lol
 sparticuss
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/11/2006 3:46:55 PM
Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 18-year-old waitress.
=============================================
Not quite fella!

They do exist but they are rare.

The other 90% of these guys are not "making fools of themselves". They are just fooling around. There's a difference. It's mid aged women who think that these guys are actually trying to start something with these young girls. The man haven't got any ting like that on thier minds.

And are often quite stunned when a few of these young girls think that they are wealthy and try to start something with them.

(Old is when you have have sex with your new girlfriends grand daughter. Without being arrested)
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2006 6:09:12 AM
I really do think that the word "beautiful" only be reserved for women over forty. Under that age you can be "cute" , "sexy", "attractive"...

But .....beautiful ?

Now that's something only a woman of at least that age should have the honour of being told. To have been in this world as an adult for a few decades, to have had all the stresses and heartbreaks that life brings to all of us over all those years....and to still turn a man's head when you walk by with your appearance ?

That's "beautiful" to me....
 janbaby62
Msg: 119
view profile
History
what did I do wrong
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:44:46 PM
Well I'm not sure I believe all that is said there, however, having said that - let me go onto say this - 40 something yr olds, know how to touch you - and rub you - that makes it feel really good - without being sexual - but being involved. No 20 yr old - will ever make you feel as good as the mature women in her 40's.
Have a Great Day!!
 janbaby62
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:51:02 PM
3 CHEERS to You Moundpuppy ----- The real women emerges when she is 42 - She is confident, Mature, the Look of Her Eyes, that melt you, The Flirty Alluring Nature, We are now more of a total package persay. And Hot We Are!!
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2007 7:01:24 PM
^^^ Have to agree; its all about confidence.
 smith2267
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/7/2007 6:58:15 PM

Yep, they're pretty now...

(running away)
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/24/2007 10:14:44 PM
Its the fact that women are peaking when then hit their 40s and 50s

They arent like in their youth just limited to mostly their beauty. They have by the time they reached this age also have gained alot of maturity and intelligence. Women are the most successful in business when they hit this age as they are driven to prove themselves and no longer focused on just fitting in.

Also women of this age have experienced a wider varity of life and that makes them more open to new things to do and new opportunities. Most women by this age have already had their families and they have grown up and moved out. Now is the time for them to focus more on their own lives and their significant others.

I like women who have a natural beauty. When women reach their 40s they tend to focus more on enhancing their natural beauty than things like excessive cosmentics or excessive dress. (leaving out plastic surgery of course)

Also women when they reach this age tend to be much more generous on average (but not exclusively) They have spend most of their life spoiling others and it comes natural to spoil their significant other.

And they are much easier to please both sexually and emotionally. They tend to be more stable in both those areas than younger women on average. They tend to enjoy just sharing themselves and their experiences with others.

Finally by this time women have been through several relationships. They arent as idealistic expecting a perfect life. They know by this time that life is hard sometimes and its better to have a guy who wants to take care of you rather than just one that want to have fun with you.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What makes a woman over 40 sexy?