Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The bathroom mirror pic; why so bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 27
view profile
History
The bathroom mirror pic; why so bad?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Really? You couldn't date someone who had no friends? I'm a softy and introvert. I feel like I have to choose my priorities carefully and that wouldn't be on the top of my list. Besides, I know many cool people who don't have a lot of friends. Some have issues, some not so much.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 28
The bathroom mirror pic; why so bad?
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:14:47 PM
^^Only because those who don't have friends tend to hang around me for everything. I guess if I met a guy who had no friends and also didn't need my company constantly that might be different. From my experience that's the way it goes. Also IME those who don't have friends don't have them as a side effect of something else. There's usually a reason.
 Maleman999
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:39:09 PM
If someone is doing bathroom mirror pictures, I think it would be better if they take the pictures while getting in or out of the shower. lol.
 DomG79
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:20:04 PM
My bathroom pics are more evolved. I use the timer on my camera phone, and step back, instead of holding it in the mirror. Granted, I don't have resort to that in the bathroom. I don't mind taking pics in some public bathrooms that are fancy. They have the guy in their with cologne, cigarettes, mouth wash, and they dry your hands for you.

When I see a “bathroom mirror” picture (aka as a “MySpace pic” I feel the person has no friends. Especially if all their other pictures are only of them and not them doing an activity or joined by other friends.

Pics of friends get confusing on dating sites. Especially friends of the opposite sex. Sometimes, when it is a group of girls, the friend is prettier than the the girl who's profile it is too. Many times, it is the only pic, and they do not specify who is who in the caption.

I save my pics with friends for Facebook for the most part. I have one pic with friends on my profile here, and you can tell it is me.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:27:29 PM
It doesnt matter how good or bad a pic is. If theyre argumentative and abbrassive who the freak cares anyways?!
 DomG79
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:51:57 PM
Yessir, I take them in my car, outside, wherever. However, I might convert my bathroom to a photo booth.
 Maleman999
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/26/2011 6:59:25 AM

Pics of friends get confusing on dating sites...when it is a group of girls, the friend is prettier than the the girl who's profile it is

When I see that, I assume it's multiple choice. I would e-mail and say "I'll take the girl second from the left."
 cooldog65
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 7:14:01 AM
^^^^^ I've seen a few with the smoking hot twenty something daughter posing with her. Imagine the email: I liked your profile, but your daughter is hot...delete...BLOCK!
 cooldog65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 7:21:22 AM
^^^^^ Touche'! Glad you saw the humor. Was a little hesitant to post.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/26/2011 10:55:56 AM

When I see that, I assume it's multiple choice. I would e-mail and say "I'll take the girl second from the left."

I've done that.

I've seen a few with the smoking hot twenty something daughter posing with her

I KNOW!!

It's like "What are you advertsiing here lady!?"

WomanInProgress
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/26/2011 1:52:49 PM

Pics of friends get confusing on dating sites...when it is a group of girls, the friend is prettier than the the girl who's profile it is.

When guys do this I just pick the hottest one and assume he's the one I'm talking to. When I describe what he's wearing he either thanks me or doesn't message back. I mostly do this so they realize the confusion that most women probably experience looking at pictures.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 7:16:40 PM
I thought shirtless pictures are against site rules, both for men and women.
I find them totally tacky and ego trippy.

Ahhh, look at how beautiful my chest is. Can you see? Looky look. OMG I'm so handsome.
 smokincigars
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 7:42:52 PM
It isn't the mirror so much, although an obvious "mirror image" can be distracting.

The problems are: the bathroom, if it's messy or the pic shows your toilet (PLEASE flush first); reflection of the flash from the camera you are holding; and possibly the way you are dressed.

OTOH, at least it shows that you made an attempt. And because photographing yourself this way is so easy, the pic is probably recent ... or at least can be updated frequently.

If you have to photograph yourself in the bathroom mirror, use a wall or a closed shower curtain as a background. Turn on all the lights, or even bring in additional lighting, but don't use the camera's flash. Be appropriately dressed -- and by "appropriate" I mean for a profile pic, not for the bathroom. And if you simply cannot avoid including the toilet in the shot, at least close the lid!
 cooldog65
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:40:53 AM
I just saw a profile with several pictures taken in the mirror. Please clean the mirror first. Eeew!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/30/2011 8:19:56 AM
and why do you have a picture of your crotch... looks like that is where you think from

To weed out idiots and sheep who cant read the very obvious text that goes along with the picture. You will notice that the pic also shows my belly, my hips, and my ass.

When girls look at my c*ck when all signs (AND WORDS) point to weight; I kid with them. (though two things become very obvious as soon as they tell me what they noticed; or did not notice)

you have a picture with your ex on a dating site.... but not only that you add the words we DO look good.... enough said

So having an ex, being open about the fact we looked good, and being positive and open about the whole thing....is a no no?

But honestly? there fine to an extent.

Thanks.

I'd give em a 5/10 (They're pretty weak)

HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:27:18 PM
It’s not about the order of thing you do in bathrooms. Bathroom atmospheres are simply not pleasant to look at when getting to know someone new. That’s why most people don’t have a romantic candle light dinner in the bathroom, regardless of who’s bathroom it is. It’s just a matter of esthetics.

I didn’t even know the reason why I felt the way I felt when I see bathroom pics of people. This thread made me more aware and recognize the reasoning behind my unconscious feelings.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:37:12 PM
touché... but you know what I mean.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:25:28 PM
If you have a digital camera, it probably has a timer on it. You can put the camera in a certain place, check the screen to make sure its the right height and pointing in the right direction. Then set the timer, stand where the camera is pointed, pose and wallah, perfect picture that looks like someone else took it.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/11/2012 8:43:30 AM

I still see "no pics of yourself in a mirror" as one of the criteria to date someone.

Of all the things to have on your redflags list.

priorities, priorities, priorities
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/11/2012 10:14:51 AM
I just recently put a bathroom mirror pic up... I get more messages now... lol.

* throws hands up in the air

Well isn't that something.

frijolera_ninja
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/11/2012 10:34:20 AM
Ew brookfields! Haha lay off the red meat bro! Yeah, duno what it is about the bathroom pics but I got tons too. Weird guys love glasses!?
 cooldog65
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 6:20:20 PM
" and why do you have a picture of your crotch... looks like that is where you think from."

I saw more of a phallic theme to the picture. Notice the wood hanging rack with the knob at the end...
 goldenheart31
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 10:38:44 PM
I did a profile review a while ago, and the picture everyone kept telling me to use as my main pic is a bathroom shot.

I actually went through quite a bit of trouble to get a body shot that wasn't in a mirror. It's not because I don't have friends, but because when I'm out with them I'm rarely thinking 'oh hey, i need a body shot for my profile, I should ask someone to take one'. And my friends and I aren't the type of people to constantly take pictures, so....

I don't see a problem with the mirror picture, unless there's a huge glare.

I mean, if it's so you can prance around half naked and show me that, different issue all together. But just to get a body shot in, it's perfectly fine.
 grove_22
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/12/2012 12:52:27 PM
I don't care as long it is relatively clear, recent, and accurate.
 Mr_Nonchalance
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2012 5:31:05 PM
i have nothing against bathroom pics they have a more down to earth feel to them.honestly i one of those dude who never took pics like that and most my pics were done by ex's cuz for some odd reason women just love to take pictures of anything.

one time i went to the beach and watched a bunch of girls taking picutes of themself in all kinds of ways and also seen this done in the movie.maybe its a guy thing but i dont tell dudes i hangout with "hey guys lets take pics of each other doing stuff so we can put them on facebook" its just awkward to me

also which im wrong for cuz i do club alot when i see a pic of a girl in the club with a bunch of people in the background it says to me she is a party girl and kinda not what i want.

also certain pics really just look like "trying hard pics or showoff pics" of things u dont do in your everyday life or look like it was done at a model shoot to a point it that would make me question is the pic real or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The bathroom mirror pic; why so bad?