Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 41
view profile
History
20+ year age differencePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
There is a type of man who does this, marries younger women, then when they start to age, dumps them and goes yet younger.

That man is Donald Trump.
 c_deacon
Msg: 43
view profile
History
20+ year age difference
Posted: 4/1/2012 11:33:28 AM
I think having a relationship with someone that much older is fine, but not if you want to have children with him.

You are just starting out, wanting the house, white picket fence, two kids, and be around to take care of them. He had his kids, is leaning towards the end part of his career and his house is needing repairs, a new white picket fence, and not rug rats all over the place that will be playing with his grand kids......you get my drift here?

If you two are in the same place mentally and physically, and want the same things AND can make sure that they happen and you can each provide for that, then go for it, but it has been my opinion with those I know that the trophy wife that much younger, wanting a family, will end up pushing him to be more all the time and hasten his demise.

Love him, enjoy him, but if you want all that he already has, go find a younger man your age that can mature with you and your family.

cd..........
 grove_22
Msg: 45
20+ year age difference
Posted: 4/1/2012 12:35:00 PM
I had some casual relationships with women who were 15-20 years older than me. These women and I enjoyed these relationships. However they usually didn't last more than a year. We often had different long term plans and goals because of the age difference. Having said that, I think it depends on the 2 people involved.
 TOEDWY
Msg: 46
20+ year age difference
Posted: 4/1/2012 5:37:56 PM

how many 85 year old's do you know that is on top of their game?

LOL To which I would ask how many 85 year olds do you know who are married to a girl 22 years younger than they are? It makes a huge difference! BTW that makes her 63 already.

My Mom is in her mid 90's and can still ballroom dance, lives on her own in her own house and drives like a normal person (or younger), is sharp as a tack and could be in better health than I am. Yeah... probably is.

George Burns seemed to be doing pretty good in his 90's and always had a couple babes on his arm?

Fyodor Dostoyevsky married a girl MUCH younger than he and they lived a very fruitful life. BTW he was a complete ass to her when they met but she stuck with him and man did his heart change!? Google what he said to his children on his death bed!?

To put restrictions as lame as age on finding someone whom you are truly compatible with and who will love you like no other could... is ridiculous. For a love like that I'd date a woman in her 70's and have dated a girl who is now 28.

Does anyone remember the movie Harold and Maude?
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 48
view profile
History
20+ year age difference
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:53:38 AM
Daynadaze, what you said is one of my prime reasons for not dating the younger guys that offer to all the time, :P I do not think it is actually fair to expect someone to stick around when your death will obviously be allot sooner then theirs will be. Even assuming they love me enough to take care of me while I am dying, I don't want that. (Well that and it is really bizarre knowing the guy hitting on me is closer to my eldest daughters age then mine)
 kmac6
Msg: 49
view profile
History
20+ year age difference
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:58:48 AM
My father married his second wife who is 19 yrs younger than himself and they are still together after thirty something years, two children and way outlasted my own marriage of twenty three. In all honesty I can say she has been wonderful for him. I asked him once what was the secret of them still being together. He said it is simple. I married my best friend.

A committed relationship is never easy whatever the ages. There are no guarantees of it either lasting or of a partner surviving into old age. Make the most of the moments. My belief is if you do make the committment then do so with the integrity of following through for better or worse.

Talk to him for gods sake. Communication is the key.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >