Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 242
Hidden meanings behind giftsPage 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
That is no reason to break up w/him! There are many cheap, inconsiderate men who never give gifts! He was trying to be very thoughtful, giving her things she mentioned that she needed, give the guy a break! Appreciate a good man when you have him, if you don't, someone else will!
 lobck
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Hidden meanings behind gifts
Posted: 2/5/2012 12:46:09 PM

I would love lawn furniture!!! if he is not on target with his gifts it shows he doesnt know you well....either you aren't letting your true personality show...or he is not piciking it up
 Wings_of_a_raven
Msg: 244
Posted: 2/5/2012 12:57:54 PM
She should stop being such a stereotypical female wanting baubles and trinkets and be Glad she has found someone that cares enough to even remember her on those special days!! A lot of women are completely forgotten on special occasions and don't get a thing.
 WindySouthernGirl
Msg: 246
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:51:40 PM
First of all when you make a statement and tell stories. You have to tell it entirely, you only said that she mentioned that she wanted these things and they have a lot of parties. So by her contemplating to leave him for that reason, yeah its stupid; by you making this statement towards what people have to say, you would be the friend to say yeah leave him. Well then if she would leave him only for the reason you mentioned. Then yes she's an idiot! Based on what you originally said. Then she would be here on this single site. lol... If you want people to look at it from a different angle, then you tell both sides. I mean it doesnt matter since youve already blasted her business. Besides dont ask questions that you already have an answer for. IJS
 cal2233
Msg: 249
Posted: 2/6/2012 8:27:34 AM
I'VE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM KNOWING WHAT TO GET THE GAL I WAS DATING. I CAN GET JEWELRY, BUT SOME WOMEN ARE VERY PARTICULAR(MY X). THE ONLY MESSAGE BEHIND A GIFT I GIVE THE GAL I'M SEEING IS " I HOPE YOU LIKE IT BECAUSE I'M LOST!!"
 imathkinkin
Msg: 250
Posted: 2/6/2012 8:39:06 AM
I would love those gifts, better than the Victoria's Secret type gifts, that say "I only want you for your body", right? To me it says he's responsible and practical and sees you as a longterm couple. Guys are simple creatures, if you don't like what he's bringin, you need to give better hints, since they are usually clueless and just trying their best to be practical and read your mind and make you happy. Girls think there are hidden meanings, because our devious minds work that way .

For example:
A suit or tie: Yeah, you looked cute behind the counter, but time for a real job!
Clothes in general: Don't you think you'd look better in this?
Silk boxers: Oh, yeah baby. Gimme some of that good stuff.
Food: Did I find your heart yet?
Jewelry: Ok, my turn.
Framed photo of the two of you: I will stalk you if you ever leave me.
 imathkinkin
Msg: 252
Posted: 2/6/2012 9:07:43 AM
Lighten up...was going for humor.
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 253
Posted: 2/6/2012 9:55:27 AM
Your friend is a drama queen. She is telling YOU that she is "thinking of breaking up with him?" Really? That is a woman addicted to drama. If she were emotionally mature she would simply sit him down and tell him that for special events she would prefer impractical gifts like jewelry. Instead she stirs up drama with you. I mean seriously, she has told him she wants and needs these things and he got them for her and she wants to break up with him because of that????? What a thoughtless, selfish, self-absorbed childish woman. She does not deserve that guy. He took the time and his own personal money to get her what he knows she has expressed she needs and wants, and she resents him for it????? WTF? Women like her disgust me. Good that you are her best friend. I would not engage such stupidity. Yes, she should leave him so that he can actually find a woman who will love and appreciate him because she never will. Absolutely, they need to break up. She is not good enough for him.
 Fandango
Msg: 255
Posted: 2/6/2012 11:06:43 AM
Sounds like an ungratful wench. I was super happy to get scales for Christmas.
I would love to date a thoughtful man like that.
 Capn_America
Msg: 257
Posted: 2/6/2012 11:33:22 AM

It must of been one heck of a toilet seat.Heated and padded maybe?

Dude....the thing craps for you too!

Seriously, the hidden meaning behind someone giving a gift is....I am EVIL and want to swallow your brain! MOUHAHAHAHAH!

Okay, really seriously now, a gift should be an expression of love. I usually take notes of whenever a girlfriend tells me "one day I want to...". That's what I buy her, or take her for.
Either that. or I biy videogames. Those are actually for me
 femaleconnection
Msg: 258
Posted: 2/6/2012 12:19:39 PM

It makes me sad to see the number of women on here that are so desperate for gifts from a man that they would gladly accept anything & even put up with this low life. So sad!

Heads up guys.....it appears for the majority of the women on here you can treat them like crap, but all is forgiven if you buy her a gift! Money does indeed talk!

Uuummm...NO.

The gyst of what many women are saying is this:

She didnt have the balls to tell him beforehand what exactly she wanted...she DID tell him she wanted lawn furniture (your post said this) and when she got what she wanted, she biatched in front of guests.

That comes off as ungrateful.

Because some women say it comes off as ungrateful, you make the leap that we are desperate and would accept anything handed to us? That says A LOT about you, and nothing about us.

Gifts are not supposed to be expected. No one is entightled to gifts. The fact he even bought her anything, IS better than nothing. This thought process does not make people desperate, it makes them grateful.

Desperate and grateful are not the same thing.

While I am always grateful for a gift, I have never been desperate.

Now, you keep coming back here, defending the lady in question, and super slammin the man. A relationship takes two. Your friend did not tell him what she really wanted, in regards to a gift, or the long term wants of a relationship, and it is all the guys fault. Right-o.
 Fandango
Msg: 259
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:59:43 PM
Yes, getting things you talk about needing is totally desperate.
Appreciating a man that listens and tries to help you is completely pathetic.
What a low life!
 deerdog1
Msg: 260
Posted: 2/7/2012 12:55:25 PM
compared to me this guy is normal... gifts given to me are never used ..I just cant use them they are treasures to keep in the original packaging ..I have a room full of them ..people say I am crazy.. .and I suppose that is true ...a friend once gave me a new fishing reel ..one that I had been wanting for ages ..I put this reel up ...bought myself one just like it to use ... I still have it in new condition ..my friend has since passed away .. but every now and then I go into my room take out that reel and hold a piece of my friend ... a gift has no monetary value to me I treasure the inexpensive ones as much as the expensive ones ... people say my gift room contains things that I make no use of ..I say my room contains memories ..treasured memories...hope no one gives me a car or house It just wont fit in my room...I even have money still in the card that was given to me ..years ago
 Capn_America
Msg: 261
Posted: 2/7/2012 12:58:57 PM

compared to me this guy is normal... gifts given to me are never used ..I just cant use them they are treasures to keep in the original packaging ..I have a room full of them ..people say I am crazy.. .and I suppose that is true ...a friend once gave me a new fishing reel ..one that I had been wanting for ages ..I put this reel up ...bought myself one just like it to use ... I still have it in new condition ..my friend has since passed away .. but every now and then I go into my room take out that reel and hold a piece of my friend ... a gift has no monetary value to me I treasure the inexpensive ones as much as the expensive ones ... people say my gift room contains things that I make no use of ..I say my room contains memories ..treasured memories

LOL That IS crazy....but perfectly understandable lol. Some things I have I feel the same way too. Maybe not an entire ROOM, for me that's overboard. But hey, to each his own; rather that then walk around the streets shooting people or dealing drugs LMAO!
I think some gifts are the same thing, treasured memories to be kept. I still have a cross given to me by my Godmother before she passed away from Cancer. I'll never seperate from it.
 Pinayto
Msg: 262
Posted: 2/7/2012 2:41:09 PM
Well i think the OP and her friend are ingrateful wackos. accdg to the first post. the gf openly mentioned she needed those items so why get furious? I can understand if she already has the item but she obviously doesn't. If your too hard to please friend wants a gf's gift. Then tell her to say out loud how she wants this new perfume or whatever nonsensical material things she wants.
 orionseal
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:28:39 PM
Has She mentioned NEEDING a new necklace?
What I'm saying is this:
If my girl said she would like/need a new set of dishes and it was close to a gift giving holliday I would seriously concider the dishes, but if she kept dragging me to the jewlry store to oggle over a necklace she would probably get the necklace.
 NDNHEART
Msg: 264
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:54:59 PM
I agree with you she should be thankful he got her something, there's alot of guy's & girl's out there that don't give anything at all. she should be thankful for what she get & not upset for what she didn't get.....
 CarsAreScary
Msg: 265
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:12:28 PM
What's the hidden meaning behind giving a girl herpes? And can you make it sound loving? I need to put a silver bow on this before I text her.

p.s. Hey there crabby
 musical_turtle
Msg: 266
Posted: 2/9/2012 4:18:04 PM
Those seem like practical gifts...because she needs them,and now she doesn't have to spend her own money on them.Breaking up over that is a bit extreme.The most important question is...Can she return the gifts though or no? If she can...then no worries lol!
 SpittyKitty
Msg: 267
Posted: 2/10/2012 6:24:30 PM
Communication is the key. Poor guy. I kinda feel sorry for him.
Many men are kinda clueless as to what gifts women want (deep down in their romantic hearts).
Women can be just as clueless about what men want (deep down in their machoman boy hearts).

I always say the 3 S's.
1.sparkly
2.smelly
3.sexy

If a guy will get anything she might NEED (such as dishes) and THEN get her the 3 S's, he will begood to go.

The 3 items need not be expensive.
1.sparkly-inexpensive or expensive jewelry works best, once got a sparkle "pink diamond ring key chain that was Walmart for 2 $. A cubic z necklace for under14$, sparkly windchime, shoes, spangled stationary, garden globe, prism.

2.smelly-Calgon body spray 5$, perfume 15-80$, scented candle 5$,lingerie drawer liners10,$
scented stationary, lotion, bath oil, flowers, single petel (make it a gerber or spider lily).

3.sexy- 1 dollar panties from cittrends/3$ at walmart for each day of the week (ask her to try them on with a wiggle of eyebrows-throw away what she doesn't like-or better yet rip them off, fake fur rimmed gloves, shoes, outfits for outside or inside the bedroom.

I think the girl is probably just that.....a girl.
She needs to help her man help her take care of her, especially if he is a boy in need of it.
 forums1
Msg: 269
Posted: 2/12/2012 7:00:21 AM
AND again he bought these gifts because HE wanted them, not her!

I'm still struggling to reconcile that with the OP's first post:

They have dinner parties at her house quite frequently & she has mentioned that she wanted/needed these items

I mean, she "mentioned that she wanted/needed these items", and yet somehow when he buys them for her its "all because HE wanted them, not her!"??

If she didn't want them, then she shouldn't have said she wanted/needed them, otherwise all you're basically saying is her communication skills *suck*, and she's asking for things saying she "wants/needs" them when she really doesn't, while expecting him to read her mind and "know" she doesn't really want them, but instead something else she hasn't openly communicated about (but he's supposed to "know" - the mind-reader thing again).

Apparently she kept hosting these "parties" even though she didn't want to... why? Did she *communicate* that she didn't like doing it? Or did she, as it sounds, not communicate her real feelings, bottle it up and bottle it up, until she finally exploded? Certainly not the first time something like that would have happened to me, if you don't communicate what you *really* think/need/want, then you really shouldn't be expecting someone else to 'fulfill' those desires/wants you haven't communicated to them.
 aremeself
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2012 10:02:37 AM
check this out and read the comments.
just about wet myself.
they ignore the poor guy, who probably financed all of the sh[t.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYQtv_3Dqws

hope it's not too much off topic.
 kclady42
Msg: 271
Posted: 2/12/2012 10:30:57 AM
My ex did that. pissed me off to get kitchen pan as a birthday gift. goes to show he does not care much if she verbally states she does not want that crap
 seabreezeandyou
Msg: 272
Posted: 2/12/2012 6:01:39 PM
If these gifts offend her---just tell him--they have been together for how long? Quite a while it appears
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >