Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kclady42
Msg: 271
Hidden meanings behind giftsPage 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
My ex did that. pissed me off to get kitchen pan as a birthday gift. goes to show he does not care much if she verbally states she does not want that crap
 seabreezeandyou
Msg: 272
Hidden meanings behind gifts
Posted: 2/12/2012 6:01:39 PM
If these gifts offend her---just tell him--they have been together for how long? Quite a while it appears
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 274
Posted: 2/22/2013 7:17:45 PM
These gifts aren't exactly cheap. Any of them can easily go over 1K, and this is her reaction? She has told him she wants and needs these items and he listened, and this is her reaction? He was thoughtful enough to want her to have those things she wants and needs and he made it happen, and this is her her reaction? If it were me that woman would not get a single gift ever again.
Now he did blow it on Valentines day. It is a romantic holiday and therefore the gift should be romantic.
 This_orThat
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 7:52:20 PM
She needs to be thankful, he gives her what she needs over the things she wants.
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 276
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:03:07 PM
I love presents! I also think most women and men have gotten the gift they wanted and then the not so appreciated one....think of Ralphie in the bunny suit at Xmas and the red rider BB gun in "a Christmas story" , which brings me to my little story. My husband and I were both in the military, he was gone on frequent deployments but always brought me back some wonderful gifts and jewelry.This one time he brought back some lingerie. It was a see thru negligee with the little bikini thong and cut out nipples. It reminded me of Frederick's of Hollywood (is that still around?)or something the ladies of the evening in the red light district of Amsterdam would wear in their lighted advertising windows waving to the johns. And it was 2 sizes too small. I hid my mortification as I am more of a poet gown lacy type. Did i put it on? Damn Skippy! And my chagrin grew as i adjusted that too small wedgie up my butt. I was fit/solid but I have to admit I am built like a sturdy german brumhilda farm gal and did not feel sexy at all. But I persevered....put on some Wagner opera and strutted in like a dancing bear in a tu-tu and started singing with the Opera. The look on my husbands face was priceless... Convulsing in laughter, we both had to crack up at the imagery....long story short the gown was ripped off ASAP ......and the next unexpected gift I got was a gift certificate to Victoria's secret. I still have to grin when I think about it............
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 277
Posted: 2/22/2013 11:15:45 PM
Christ on a crutch, now we can't even give harmless gifts to someone w/o it being questiojed or if there's a motive behind it, has it really come to this?
 OhioJeepindude
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:45:56 PM
Of course there can be hidden meaning, just not allways

This story is more humor than anything else.

Guy buys his girlfriend a gift certificate for $38.75 from a local Spa, and some other more usual gift for her birthday.

She is curious about the gift certificate amount as she enter the spa. She then sees The ONLY thing there for that
exact amount is a bikini wax.
 Jeremybr
Msg: 279
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:23:00 PM
well said.
but on the other hand,the number of people with genuine intentions are getting fewer and fewer.
sometimes its hard for men or women to see past the initial wrap on the photo. handsome men attract women, that being said there's never a warranty on his loyatys. vicea versa, the snake bites its tail any my personal favorite wheeeeeeee!
being human its our nature to be redundant till we get somthing right lol
least life can always get better when you meet a great person thats the better part of it all ^_^
 pd481
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:56:00 PM
The recipients of the gifts is not online chatting with people about the gifts. The giver of the gifts is not asking for advise. We don't know the recipients real thoughts or feelings or her intentions talking to her supposed friend about them either. All we have is a troll who wants to talk about how crappy her friend's boyfriend is and the troll's version of events and thoughts
that occured in other peoples' lives that have nothing to do with her. My response to the OP - get a life. If you have issues in your life that you actually know about and actually are your business - there are a lot of people on these bulletin boards who give thoughtful advise (and a lot of idiots who relate everything to their issues and run threads on unneeded tangents). Don't humor the troll - tell her what any busybody should be told - mind your own business.
 THEMEPACK
Msg: 281
Posted: 2/24/2013 3:28:39 AM
I buy my friends gifts quite often....I bought one friend a kayak, hidden agenda ya, now I have someone to go kayaking with.
 maxm360
Msg: 282
Posted: 2/24/2013 5:03:39 AM
In that case, She was not mature enough. Those beautiful things that you have done for her were so loving sweet..and practical from your loving heart.
You are recognized by most of people.
Thank God that she broke up with you. You will find a much better one, trust me on that.

Just remember to live your own life with style and not dragged by someone else.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >