Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Indians are scared to love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arabianangel
Msg: 40
Why Indians are scared to love?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Can reasoning and true love defeat customs?

Love alone won't win anything....its freedom that revitalizes our soul, the freedom to choose what we want, even when we marry for love and the love disappears, it's the knowing that we've made that choice is what keeps people at peace within themselves. There is a certain aura/look that people have when they haven't been given that freedom, it’s very dull sad looking, almost as though their souls are asleep. Sure their marriages may last a lifetime but they will always feel a sense of something missing, a void because they weren't able to practice the very thing we've all come here to do ....Free will…… to choose, to experience to live life based on our choices.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Why Indians are scared to love?
Posted: 10/24/2009 7:39:58 PM
I think the successful marrage rate cant be defamed,nor the stability of the family structure which has succesffuly survived dispite the negative aspects you mentioned.
Its funny but the things you dont like about Indian culture and its stability, many here today desire. So many constantly doubt others feelings and love toward them constantly dismissing others based on how they themselves feel, only to realize it eventually sizzles and fades after the intial honeymoon, infatuation stage leaves within a year, leaving opting for a new relationship to recapture what they felt in the beginning. I think the India culture is aware of that and why it is so difficult to get divorsed. People have to work at a marrage to make it work for the sake of the family which is really the reason for getting married in the first place. Just my view of things.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:07:23 AM
Serenity Sam...It all comes down to what each person is looking for. You see, I can't for the life of me understand or relate to people that opt to live a robotic life for the sake of avoiding divorce. These people you speak of will never feel passion, love, heartbreak and all the other breathtaking colorful things that life has to offer...And what's sad is their kids end up being the exact same way...unhappy doctors/engineers that can't marry the person of their choice...This is not life, this is imprisonment.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:52:39 AM
ArabianAngel,

I agree with your statement that it comes down to what each person is looking for up to the point when they take on the responsability of bringing a new life into this world. I don't believe divorces should be given so easily when children are involved. I was raised in an era in a family(europian) that believed in family values, the success of the family came before individual desires. When people take vows and honor them and have a family, selfish motives of what can the world do for me attatudes deminish, children(our nations future) lead a more stable life and tend to enter relationships more responsably. I think passion, love, heartbreak are way over rated. Personally these things are fleeting . A life of constantly falling in love, loosing that love, ends in heartbreak, and the devistating cycle repeats itself. My brothers ex wife has had three marrages with three children all from different men, half brothers that two rarely see thier father due to the divorces.
This is why I oppose a system that is so leanent with the sanctity of marrage.
You have a country like ours that is just 200 years old, with rampant divorce, fatherless children, children that grow up thinking why take relationships seriously thier motive in life becomes what can I get for me, thus the me generation we have today. This is the direction we are heading into. I know many children are still provided with homes where parents do stay together and make sacrafices for the sake of thier children, which it should be, but it takes a dedicated effort by both to make the marrage work.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Indians are scared to love?