Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a gal says, "how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 37
view profile
History
When a gal says, how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Since I live in the same area as several serial killers and rapists...most notably Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgeway (Green River killer, approximately 50 victims (mostly prostitutes and runaways)), my answer would be "You don't". Then I'll give her an Austin Powers grin followed by the Dr. Evil laugh. The mortified look on her face would be priceless.
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 38
When a gal says, how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?
Posted: 1/1/2012 1:20:26 PM
Wow, this is still going.

Cooldog, since you're so knowledgeable, here's a trivia question for you:

Who was the black serial killer? ::):
 illstuntz
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/1/2012 1:23:35 PM
I tell them that I used to be, but I have been clean for almost 6 months!

cooldog65
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 10:52:27 PM
@ MyScreennameRox: The only black serial killer I can come up with is Wayne Williams (Atlanta, GA around 1980).
 cooldog65
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2012 8:18:42 AM
^^^^^ I forgot about those two. First murder occurred in my hometown. Must be the gloomy weather here in Western Washington state. Thanks for triggering my memory.
 flipflopsbikinitops
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2012 10:14:51 AM
I find this very funny. It is the firts line on my profile. I seen it once on a show about dating and how online dating has taken off. The fact reads like this.

The number one that thing worries women about meeting a man on line is: is he a serial killer.
The number one that thing a worries men about meetting a woman on line is: is she gonna be fat.

Now where they got these facts Im not sure. But I thought it was funny and I have found thats what most women ask me when I talk about metting men online. My reply to them is you can meet serial killer anywhere. Ive probably met one already but knowing men I was probably too fat for him anyway. You just have to take it in stride and not take everyting so seriously. MEN or WOMEN.

Hey its been a great Ice breaker for me and I have laughed with alot of men over this.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/2/2012 10:20:15 AM
Maybe they mean it in a joking kind of way, but it doesn't come across the way they intended it to. It's like a joke that is told terribly wrong & it falls flat, & the other person doesn't get it. There is always a risk of being physically harmed that women take when meeting from an on line site. Would a serial killer or rapist give them a heads up & say, yes, I am, still want to meet?
 Canubetrue
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2012 3:04:00 PM
It's not idiotic an any man can say this has no clue of how men can overpower any woman....I think any woman may express this to see how they may react to the question and if this guy can say this, this might be trouble and he has no feelings of a womans safety. This would be a red flag to me. I can't agree more.
 weirdotool
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 3:28:20 AM
I wouldn't blame them if the "first date" the guy is suggesting is at his residence. Short of that though, I agree that it is inappropriate.
 morefunwith2
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:00:37 AM
I still am amazed after all these years at the complete lack of common sense displayed by some woman on here. Just the other day I get a message and she wants to exchange email addresses. Her email is her full name @ service provider. A quick search and I now have her phone number and address. If I had been a rapist or serial killer she would have been another statistic.
 cooldog65
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:08:54 AM
I suppose if I get asked this question I could offer up a google search, background check, fingerprints, blood sample, retina scan, TSA exam with x-ray, full cavity search (be gentle and I will turn my head and cough), and imbedded microchip (in the near future)...
 KatWing123
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/4/2012 1:20:51 PM
Not gonna lie...it's a little creepy that so many of you are aware of all of the details of past serial killers! Great job guys! LOL
 cooldog65
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 3:51:14 PM
^^^^^ Since many of them are from my area (Washington State...the other Washington), I have been exposed to the front page headlines. Some people would think Washington State is the serial killer capital of the United States. We have Microsoft, Boeing, Nordstroms, Starbucks, and serial killers...
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:11:45 PM
Oh that is so funny. Since we’re talking about serial killers and joking, here are some female serial killers for you:

Dana Sue Gray
Victims: Gray killed 3 elderly women age 57 – 87, and a fourth victim survived.
Kill Zone: California, United States
Methods: Two of the victims were strangled with telephone cords (the survivor was one of them), one was beaten, and one was stabbed.
Motives: Gray’s motives were financial. She said she killed her victims to support her overwhelming need to shop. She stole cash and credit cards from her victims to help support her lifestyle.

Aileen Wuornos
Victims: Wuornos killed 7 men between the ages of 40 and 65.
Kill Zone: Florida, United States
Methods: The murders were committed with multiple gun shots.
Motives: Wuornos claimed that the men she killed had raped her (or tried to) while she was working as a prostitute.

Characteristics of Female Serial Killers:
Female serial killers have long killing sprees, lasting up to 8 years (males' sprees almost never last longer than 4 years and usually end after several months).
Female serial killers kill more quietly and less "violently", with poison or other less undetectable methods, like suffocation. Males tend to batter, strangle, stab, and shoot.
Female serial killers kill for profit most of the time, while male serial killers kill for sexual reasons about half the time.
Female serial killers generally kill people close to them, such as husbands, family members, or people dependent on them. Males kill strangers more often.

Three Similarities Between Male and Female Serial Killers
They look, act, and sound normal – which makes people trust them.
They are psychopaths, but they're not insane.
Neither male nor female serial killers have a conscience.

Fun fun fun...

J.M. (2010). DADDU25 Seriously Disturbing Serial Killers from Around the World. Retrieved from: http://daddu.net/25-seriously-disturbing-serial-killers-from-around-the-world/

Pawlik-Kienlen L., (2007). Psychology at Suite101. Why Female Serial Killers Kill. Retrieved from: http://l-pawlik-kienlen.suite101.com/female-serial-killers-a14741
 Maleman999
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:19:34 AM
^^^^Totally agree Once-burned. There appears to be a lot more serial idiots than serial killers.
 PleasureSeeker45
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/6/2012 3:38:23 AM
To the OP; It's the old trap of trying to prove a negative. This question is asked by a very suggestible person, and in this case they are self-suggestible. There is nothing you can do to convince them you aren't a serial killer or rapist because it is impossible to prove a negative.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/7/2012 10:47:11 AM

There are people on here with criminal records. After that experience, I ask a question similar to what you call 'nonsense' for that very reason.

so if their 'criminal record' is for pot possession or shoplifting or maybe having sex with a 17 yr. old girlfriend when they were 18, you would assume they are likely a rapist or murderer? lolz. many 'crimes' do not involve violence -of course, some do.

I understand your concern but this is no 'foolproof' method. sort of a useful filter, though. the lack of a criminal record may only mean someone has not been caught/convicted -or again, there is always a first time.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/8/2012 1:07:08 PM

Maybe for men, there is less concern about physical safety in meeting strangers but for many women, common sense or previous experiences makes them cautious about a dating platform such as this.

on the surface maybe.. though if it is an insane or psycho woman, esp. one with a gun or knife she will more than likely overwhelm a man, so..
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/9/2012 1:09:46 PM
tell her your nickname is 'ZODIAC"
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/9/2012 10:46:05 PM
serial killer ? rapist ?

noooo baby...

but I do like to bite...

I like saying something like that.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/10/2012 2:24:05 PM

But this is the facts{ women are raped, and killed in much higher numbers than men.

so, that will be so comforting to me I suppose, when I get the .22 double-tap behind the ear.. to know that I am a rarity, one in a million or more, and 'this' RARELY happens to guys

raped and killed, I'm sure you are right . Conversely, I believe that men are far more often the victims of a 'hugger-mugger' scheme, where a woman lures him someplace where her accomplices beat him, sometimes severely, to get his cash. Men can of course be victims of rape when you consider anal -perhaps by her male accomplices.
 ozboka
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:43:44 PM
My reply is that I'm a reformed axe wielding homicidal maniac and that killing people with axes is soooooooooooo 80's
 cntryboycansurvive
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:29:53 PM
In 2009 a man in Edmonon, Alberta made a female profile on this site. He set up a date with an unsuspecting man who thought he was a polite freindly blonge woman. Luring the man to a seculuded location to pick "her" up for a date he murdered and butchered the poor guy. You should respond with "The same way I hope you are not one."
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:15:08 PM

ive had a girl run a background check on me before our date... when i asked her why she said its to make sure i wasnt a rapist... i didnt have much of a response i just got up and left after she told me. i did let the host know on my way out it was dutch treat. next time she'll run a credit check instead of a background check.

I'd have done the same thing.

I met one girl off another site for dinner once, and then prior to our first *date*, she said she wanted my first/last name and DOB. She said her mom and friend had told her to get a copy of my CDL but she thought THAT was "excessive".
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:05:17 AM
You just never know about anyone it isnt like serial killers and rapists pencil you in a schedule. They started out somewhere! Just be careful and pray it isnt with you.

The creepiest guy I met was on here ... he was a cop! We met at a restraunt and I had taken my sister in law with me. He was extremely observant or nosey. Im not sure if theres much difference. He hounded me for a few weeks looked up my license plate called on an unlisted cell phone. Gorgeous guy but he scared the hell out of me! Took me a few conversations to get through to him that he overstepped his boundries. I dont hear from him as much an occasional I miss you but he pretty much knows everything about me and I know very little about him.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a gal says, "how do i know you're not a serial killer or rapist?"