Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beards??? What is going on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 76
Beards??? What is going on?Page 4 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Met my honey here.

I focused on what was in his head instead of what was on it (facial and a head of long hair down to his low back--both misdemeanors at the time).

I've never been more content in a relationship and, surprisingly, the hair doesn't seem to affect his intelligence, integrity, wit, thougtfulness, kindness, attentiveness, generosity, etc.
 want to travel
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Beards??? What is going on?
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:09:16 AM
Well OP, really if all you are looking for in a man is a clean shaven face, then state that in your profile, also add a warning that you are very shallow, not really interested in who the man is, but only what he looks like....save yourself the 'bother' of being chased after by men you do not consider worthy!!!!!
 That_girl*
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/29/2011 11:07:07 AM
i think its funny how some consider the op a shallow person as well as the other ladies who have also stated that its a turnoff,, just because she wants to know why some men choose to go around looking like a bum when in reality if the same guy showed up at a party function or interview there would be people also there wondering why he didnt try to present himself better or why he doesnt care about grooming an hygein not many ladies are going to be throwing themself at a guy like that even there would be gay men who would be turned off as well..

shallow would be saying you must make this kind of money an drive this kind of car an must have these color eyes ect ect..BUT wondering why or not being attracted to a guy who obviously doesnt care bout himself an that all it seems is missing is a cardboard sign in his right hand an a empty donations cup in the other isnt..

@ Gwendolyn2010

ya i know the type of bikers your talking about an NO COMMENT ekkk

an then there's the younger bikers boys on the fast bikes who are the ones you would wanna be seen with lol just being real..
 browneyesboo
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:00:53 PM
Well OP, really if all you are looking for in a man is a clean shaven face, then state that in your profile, also add a warning that you are very shallow, not really interested in who the man is, but only what he looks like....save yourself the 'bother' of being chased after by men you do not consider worthy!!!!!

Where does it say in her OP that she doesn't like beards? And what if she didn't like
beards, aren't we all entitled to our preferences without being called shallow?

I think all adults (including myself at times) should be required to attend reading
comprehension classes. For some reason we tend to put our own twist on
threads instead of responding to or actually reading what the OP is.

an then there's the younger bikers boys on the fast bikes who are the ones you would wanna be seen with lol just being real..

ahahahahaha! yeppers...one of the few times I do wish I was young again! :o)
 slpboo
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:07:30 PM

I think all adults (including myself at times) should be required to attend reading
comprehension classes. For some reason we tend to put our own twist on
threads instead of responding to or actually reading what the OP is.

Seems to be a common occurrence on these forums. That being said, I'd take what [most] people say here with a HUGE grain of salt. A majority of posters are probably bitter & single and need to take it out on someone, somehow - instead of evaluating their own behavior & approach and how THAT has contributed to their "singledom".

...It's ALWAYS someone else's fault, isn't it?
 pureblisscatch4u
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:16:02 PM
Want To Travel: Ok then, we'll set you up with a 300 pound 50 year old woman, with a beard and unwashed, unbrushed hair and you'll be required to not reject her. But that's ok with you, because you're SO "un-shallow," right? You've never turned someone down for their looks in any way. Riiight.
 pastyandtasty
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:37:03 PM
whats with girls with bellies calling themselves beautiful? or girls with three kids and wondering why single dudes dont dig that..

if you dont like the beard, move on.. ya dig?
 pastyandtasty
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:45:13 PM
it is shallow...

imagine if a guiy posted... "Hey, whats with all the broads with the chubby ponchos?"

you women would be all up in arms.

jeebsu the hypocrosy is amazing
 AnEvilgenius
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:51:30 PM
What kind of woman with 3 kids would want a "dude" around their children anyways ?
Most are looking for a "man", maybe that's where you get confused.

There is a difference between asking to be enlightened and complaining.

Shallow is based on the explanation or reasoning , not the choice itself.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:07:23 PM

Given my appearance (overweight, long hair, big bushy full beard, cheap soiled trainers), you've instantly mentally stereotyped me as a "guy who obviously doesnt care bout himself an that all it seems is missing is a cardboard sign in his right hand an a empty donations cup", rather than someone who walks 25 miles a week just to get to and from work, as an R&D engineer, before you even think about the amount of other exercises I do (somewhere in the region of 7 hours of dancing in a light week). You're probably not going to talk to me enough to find out that other stuff, and even then, it will be in the face of your stereotype, so you probably won't really believe it.

That is shallow. I'm not above it either.

It's not shallow, it's preference. Just like choosing not to date someone overweight,
underweight, too tall, too short, too young, too old, too unattractive, too poor, on
and on ad nauseam. Check out all the good guy threads and the BBW threads, the
too short threads and the age difference threads. People are attracted to what they
want and like, they don't need to scrape below the armour or the mask, or the tree
bark or whatever you want to call it to find the pearl beneath. If someone is attracted
to you, then kudos. You're proud of the way you look, again, kudos. But don't ****
when you can't get what you want and call everyone shallow because they're
"stereotyping" you.

Jaysus tap dancin kerist.
 spitfire_32
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:22:38 PM
Wow, I'm glad the topic has gone from a lighthearted, does anyone understand this trend? To a commentary on how shallow I am.. I'm not going to defend myself because the length to which this topic has been twisted away from the original post does not cease to amaze me.
And for your information "pasty", those things have been posted about a million times, minus the poncho..do a thread search. The point of asking a question or having a discussion is just that..to have a discussion... the superficial need to tear people apart for asking it..is another topic all together.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:30:37 PM

I'm not going to defend myself

You don't have to--to any logical person, the attacks on your character for no reason are clear.

I find it amusing and contradictory that people posting "get over it" go into length about their trivial pet peeves on other threads. The latecomers on this thread are jumping on the "nasty" bandwagon because it makes them feel good.

Yup, I have a sharp tongue at times, but berating someone who doesn't like scraggly beards is just plain silly.
 Former_Yamaha650_Rider
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:38:22 PM
laziness is to not bother posting in the correct category.
 AnEvilgenius
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:49:14 PM

Wow, I'm glad the topic has gone from a lighthearted, does anyone understand this trend? To a commentary on how shallow I am.. I'm not going to defend myself because the length to which this topic has been twisted away from the original post does not cease to amaze me.
And for your information "pasty", those things have been posted about a million times, minus the poncho..do a thread search. The point of asking a question or having a discussion is just that..to have a discussion... the superficial need to tear people apart for asking it..is another topic all together.

Gawd, how hot is a women with common sense and the ability to communicate..
Bring me some water, cool cool water...

spitfire_32
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:52:00 PM
Thanks Evil..you're a genius in my book.
 good_catch77
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/29/2011 1:54:30 PM
I tend to get more "flirty" females with the 80's Don Johnson scruffy look. But I often shave it because mainly of itchiness lol. I've been told I have a "baby face" and it is flattering to get carded when I go for a 6 pack its also a little annoying. I look older and more mature with the day (or 2) old beard. So that is the look I like. I realize not every woman isn't going to like the look. But like many things you cannot please everyone.
 xfdrivenbogan
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/29/2011 2:56:24 PM
Whats worse than a Bearded woman? In my opinion its a suck up..... is it just me or are there two types of guys on here (I can't fathom the women) only empathise to some extent (its why I'm man I guess).,.. The types are the "I'm gunna tell you what you want to hear irrespective of how much I'm selling out my fellow brethren cause I'd let you rape my credit card to get in your pants type" and the "Man type" its like sometimes you women don't have a "grease" radar for men.... off topic I know and I apologise.
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:05:07 PM

I'm glad the topic has gone from a lighthearted, does anyone understand this trend?

If it hasn't been mentioned, lightheardedly blame Clooney & Pitt. They're pretty hairy these days.

To a commentary on how shallow I am.

I think there is wisdom in challenging or suspending judgment for preferences that have tenuous justifications.

Many people say that they can't help being turned off by certain attributes.
I'm suggesting that we can help it by delaying judgment.
Not that doing so will guarantee acceptance or attraction.
And I certainly wouldn't do this with weight, smoking, and activity level--things that compromise health and lifestyle.

However, like reading Harry Potter or watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, without suspension of disbelief, how would we enjoy such experiences otherwise?
Logic and judgment constantly encroach on our enjoyment of people and experiences.

Maybe some of our preferences are simply experience driven.
I'd never kissed a guy with facial hair and imagined it would be prickly.
It wasn't...conversely, it was very soft, and added a unique sensation to the kissing, and...uh...other activities.

Anyway, just some food for thought.
 Agnostiker
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 3:12:57 PM
Mhmm why a beard? I do not know about the other men but I like my beard. I have tried shaving and did not liked the look of it. besides I have a tendency for growing in hairs. So every year there is at least one new style.

A beard does not save time but you do not have to groom it every morning. Besides a beard looks better when riding a motorcycle and wearing a Jethelm ^^.
 Mistybreeze201
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/29/2011 5:51:56 PM
***Around here most people wouldn't know what shallow was if they were standing in their own gene pool.***

LMAO!! Couldnt agree with you more!
 MikeWM
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:03:49 PM
I tend to grow a weekly beard when single, simply beause I dont really like nor enjoy shaving. And if theres no reason to shave I just dont

The other upside is if I did ever get grabbed by the stazi in a case of mistaken identity for a terrorist and then didnt get killed and burried on an army base somewhere I'd get tons in compensation plus a book deal

Silver linings you see

And with so many women going for the pre pubescant 14 year old look in the groin gash department I suppose it would also help to make it feel like you were actually going down on a grown up
 _allen_
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:12:35 PM
I like my face cleanly shaven (i.e. smooth as a babies behind)

I will admit, during the winter months, I will go awhile with a little "stubble". Blame it on my "lazy winters".
 Paderic
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:20:31 PM
If you ever need to wear a gas mask, oxygen breathing apparatus, or SCUBA gear, a beard just doesn't work very well.
 pastyandtasty
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:31:38 PM
Btw the honcho comment was just made as a reply. I have yet to look at the OPs profile. Sorry if it was meant as such.

However it is slightly shallow your post. And yes I've seen women come out and fight to the teeth about any criticism towards their physical appearance. Spare me the no's please. I'm not that retarded.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:49:16 PM

However it is slightly shallow your post.

Would you date ANY woman, regardless of how she looks, her level of intelligence, or any other factors?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beards??? What is going on?