Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Racist Family      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prime ribb
Msg: 175
Racist FamilyPage 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
@solomonlike it looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree. I would continue this but at this rate, we'll be on this argument until 2017. I still by my statements regarding EXPERIENCE which I may add you never quoted, but tomato or tomatoe. No right or wrong. Just opinion and interpretation.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Racist Family
Posted: 2/7/2013 7:15:20 PM
(Wow! I don't really see or hear about Interracial couples that old. Thank you for sharing this story!)

Yeah, IR marriages were actually legal in the late 1800s/early 1900s in my home state, Massachusetts. I'm not sure when the laws were passed in other states, perhaps it happened a lot later in the South...not quite sure.

(I still by my statements regarding EXPERIENCE.)

Totally agree with you ;)
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 177
Racist Family
Posted: 2/7/2013 8:21:06 PM

There are some cases of people who distance themselves from their family for a person they love. Not everyone follows that example.

Most do though and you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt if you hold out hope that someone is actually going to abandon their family,their blood, for a boyfriend/girlfriend. Hell most people wont even get rid of their pets for their never mind their family. I've been down this road. Eventually they give into their family. Who wants to give up their blood in a world where relationships don't last and marriages fail all the time.
 prime ribb
Msg: 178
Racist Family
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:06:35 PM

Most do though and you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt if you hold out hope that someone is actually going to abandon their family,their blood, for a boyfriend/girlfriend. Hell most people wont even get rid of their pets for their never mind their family. I've been down this road. Eventually they give into their family. Who wants to give up their blood in a world where relationships don't last and marriages fail all the time.

It takes person with a very strong will to go against the grain.
 prime ribb
Msg: 179
Racist Family
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:08:50 PM

Yeah, IR marriages were actually legal in the late 1800s/early 1900s in my home state, Massachusetts. I'm not sure when the laws were passed in other states, perhaps it happened a lot later in the South...not quite sure.

Ok! I didn't know that! Interesting. In way it doesn't surprise since Massachusetts was one of the stops for the underground railroad. BTW, I'm from MA as well. Feel free to email me, if you like.
 toooldtoplay
Msg: 180
Racist Family
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:24:12 AM
I don't even think it's about race, it's more about people just being selfish. A lot of people spend their whole life being miserable and they want you to be miserable. Her family would resent her just as much if she brought home a white man, a green man, a purple man. It's just easier to make a deragatory comment about a person of a different race. It is just one more added factor, not much different than how could you like someone that fat or that ugly or that poor. These so called racist people would think you were the cream of the crop if you walked in and said this house is kind of small for your family, I would like to buy you a house, here's the money, do what you want with it. No one whom would care about anyone but themselves would even care.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Racist Family