Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 69
Do you think childless old men ever regret never having biological kids?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
There must be plenty of "older" men regretting not having kids in their prime...I've lost count of the 50-something men with 3, 4 and 5 year old kids.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 71
Do you think childless old men ever regret never having biological kids?
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:43:03 AM
Yes OP, some of us do.
 Paderic
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:53:32 AM

I've met a damn sight more people who regret having them than regret NOT having them.

That would make sense, as a lot more people have them than don't.
 jeffm10456
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 7:57:37 AM
I agree with Adora71 as part of my advice. You can also consider adopting her children as your own. I married a woman who already had a child, I adopted the child, we later had a child together. I do not feel any difference in my love for these two children. It is my opinion that you adopting her children might fulfill your desire for kids
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:31:01 AM

Hire a surrogate to carry your child.If I had the money to do this I would.

This is what I was thinking when I read the OP. I'm not sure if this woman just doesn't want to CARRY another child, or if she doesn't want to raise another child. If it's the former, a surrogate could be a good option.
 aquaestprofunda
Msg: 77
Posted: 1/21/2012 5:31:26 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!! I also met my wife with a little girl and we dated had a blast. She also sais that she does not want to have any children. I am a first generation Mexican with a large and extended family. My mom did not approve her because of not wanting to have kids and wold always present me with other women. I finally just was honest with her and told her that I CANNOT Marry her unless we can have kids and was ready to break it off. Until, she tells me that she is pregnant. Now we have a three year old daughter, I want more kids but she decided to tie her tubes when she had out daughter.

Regarding the dating seen you are looking in the wrong places, I am short, fat and bald, I have no trouble finding dates.Be more social. Lates
 DomG79
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:27:59 PM
I don't regret it because I don't feel it was my fault. I cannot just shoot one out, that is impossible. I apologize to my mother for not giving her grandchildren. No matter how much I achieve in life, I feel like I have failed. I try not to think about it too much, and make the best of what I have.
 Nathanwg
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:14:44 PM
I would imagine that some men might. Although I cannot speak personally for every guy in the world, I can tell you that this is my greatest fear in life. There is a song that describes this predicament: "Blessed" by Elton John.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:35:25 AM

Do you think childless old men (potentially me, 40 years from now) ever regret never having their own biological kids?

Only you can or will be able to answer that question,,the choices we make in life will effect us forever,,my point is,, live without regrets,,as long as we make sound choices with the information we have at hand.

This may help,, my wife passed away when I was 43, Penny was 40. We never had children, I never wanted to be a father, because I was afraid and immature, selfish,, but my wife did, and couldn't,, Any way i agreed to because she assured me I would be a good dad ,Penny knew me better than i knew myself,,we tried so many times,,everything failed,,long story short we adopted a little boy, at his age of 1, my wife passed away..my point to all that, 11yrs later, My son Kyle is my Son,, I love him, and never think about him being adopted, he loves me as his dad.My son is also autistic, we have a bond that so many comment on when we go out some where,, it's incredible to experience such a wonderful feeling as being his dad, I am honored,,

If you choose to,, you can be that person/dad to any child,if you so chose to.

Good Luck with your choices,, PS I would never give up love in hopes of something different in life, meaning you found Love go for it,, that's just me..
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:23:45 PM
...I regret it everyday. There are women who have contacted me here on POF that I don't make an effort to meet because they have no interest in having children anymore. I doubt I'll ever find one now too....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >