Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 153
Revenge an eye for an eye?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Want to have a crazy drinking party? Come to Montreal, I'll buy you the rounds!

Alllllllllllllllrighty. I'm in. Haven't been thrashed/trashed or unabashedly intoxicated in FAR too long.

I'm glad it fits for her, I really am. She's a sweet kid and I wish nothing but the best for her. But she's also very naive if she thinks that's the way the rest of the world operates. In the real world, there are consequences for bad action, and rewards for good ones.

And not everybody is always willing to wait for the spaghetti monster to deal with it.

Clearly this has gotten to a point of silliness, and I contributed. I'm not naive, I'm not pro-criminal and I'm not better than anyone. Sometimes I get on my own soap-boxes thinking about my past negative attitudes and my own journey to something much less toxic to my own self ~ and I have plans of grandeur that maybe, just maybe, one person will be less hateful if I say something that rings a bell. Maybe an eternal optimist is a good label or just a straight up dumb-ass fits for me ~ regardless, we are just "who" we are. If your way works for you ~ that's all that really matters.

~OT~ I watched some dumb TV program last night in which a woman jumped into a "Wonder Woman" costume and she'd run around beating the holy hell out of men who'd beaten their wives because she'd been repeatedly raped/beaten by her husband and she felt it was her "duty" to help others like herself. She was sent to a mental institute for three years to lose her alter-ego and that was that. All I kept thinking? "Dummy. Three years from now you're as good as dead. So sad you'll be without your super-powers by that time." So even in the world of scripts and story-lines, I still think in terms of karma. In hindsight, maybe this revenge stuff bothers me most because when I was young, stupid, mean and hateful I did things that deserved revenge. I think I was "spared" (for the most part) and maybe my view on karma is that since I was spared, I'll spare others. **shrugs** And now I'll spare you guys.
 Capn_America
Msg: 154
Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:56:18 PM

So even in the world of scripts and story-lines, I still think in terms of karma. In hindsight, maybe this revenge stuff bothers me most because when I was young, stupid, mean and hateful I did things that deserved revenge. I think I was "spared" (for the most part) and maybe my view on karma is that since I was spared, I'll spare others. **shrugs** And now I'll spare you guys.

LOL You know, by your own admission....you just destroyed your previous argument on not believing in vengeance. If you believe you were spared, means you believe you were gonna get smithed. My point is if whatever you did was so very wrong...someone SHOULD have lol. Not saying this out of spite or anything, but if you talk about one person, you gotta talk about ALL the people who have done bad stuff. But I', not talking either about "she slapped me in the face" kind of revenge. More the "he tried to rape me, she cheated on me for 6 months and we were married" type of revenge. Like, you know, serious offense. Of course, talking about revenge gets to you; for 2 years you been saying you don't want to believe in it. Having someone argue with you and actually having good points on it must hit a nerve. But the point isnt to make you change your mijnd; point is, everyone is different, and my opinion on it is, its a necessary evil sometimes, and can have GOOD consequences, depending on the circumstances.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?