Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 costslessthaneBay
Msg: 56
Revenge an eye for an eye?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Does saying "Who is this?" when they text at some point after the break up cause you didn't keep their number count as unintentional revenge? They really seem to get upset.

I also seem to get unintentional revenge when I say I'm not interested when they come back. I think it's basic common sense I wouldn't be interested but again, this really seems to upset them.
 AnEvilgenius
Msg: 57
Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:42:22 PM
I not only believed in revenge it was a way of life..
Then I realized I was beating myself with the club I intended to use on others.

Now I forgive, and move on..
 cooldog65
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:50:49 PM
It's normal to think about revenge when your emotions are running strong. Once the feeling passes, so does the need for revenge. Do not act in the moment. Think before you act.

I will now mediate.

@Capn_America: Double middle fingers to you bro!

@Maffers: I guess tampons absorb everything! Talk about a gas guzzler!
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:01:39 PM
your going back 25 years ago? why are you still dwelling on it?
 Damienevil
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:01:41 PM
I believe that revenge is the same as justice.

I do believe in getting justice back to the point I will **** my own life over to get it.

Why you might ask. Simply put it is an injustice that I can fix. I cant fix others but I can fix this one for me. Also In my own opinion if you do not get revenge it says that what that person did is ok and allowable.

I do not believe in Karma. For I also do not believe in the tooth fairy god Santa as he is portrayed by hollywood or any other myth that enables people to be weak and feeble
 LabradorOokpik
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:10:30 PM
But anything I ever think of usually ends up with the cops showing up at my place... which would punish me more than the person I hate!

That's kind of how I look at it...I don't see anyone as being worth the consequences I may face if I do anything to get back at them.
 Damienevil
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:16:59 PM
Fear is such a limiter on human behavior. Fear of Government oppression keeps people inline and from being truly free people.
 DannySaysHi
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:15:54 PM
Was dating a co-worker, got engaged. Two weeks after I popped the question I found out she cheated on me with not one but TWO guys. One of them being one of my supervisors!

I was crushed and emotionally closed off from friends and family and the whole time I just had this emotional mush of anger and sadness bubbling up inside of me. Part of me wanted revenge and the other part of me just wanted to know why she did this to me.

I ended up getting neither my revenge or an answer from her. I don't regret NOT doing anything, but the "why" still bothers me to this day.
 Womac911
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:54:19 PM

A wise and experienced person once said: "The BEST revenge is to live well"...

So true. More below...

I do NOT believe in karma.. I dont believe the universe will eventually slap him in the face...

Oh my, there certainly is.
When my Ex cheated and we divorced, she ended up moving back across country to live with her parents. Then being in two f'ed up relationships...one cheated on her with men, the other told her he didn't love her... four months after she moved to FLA for him. She called me one day, bawling about it. (I do feel badly for her for this, because I don't wish it on her)
She's been stuck with that guy for over a year now, because she can't afford to move back home to mommy and daddy.
She's flat broke, with collection agencies calling daily... unfortunately, they are calling my house because she never changed contact numbers. D'oh.
Previously, she was very financially responsible, excellent credit ratings, good job. Oh, and she had someone who truly loved her.

Karma is alive, and well, I say.

Meanwhile, my bills are paid. I'm about to take a major leap with my business with magazine advertisements, after 13 years of word-of-mouth only. Going back to a trade show in two weeks, for the first time since the divorce, and generally doing very well. Nearly back to pre-economy-crash levels.
Oh.. and I got the cats.

Revenge is best served through Karma and success, if you ask me. But always remember.....before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...
 MiaCat74
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:52:21 AM
I was just going to make a thread like this and here it is

I don't believe in karma, so not going to sit around smugly thinking karma is going to get them while they are happy and Scot free

Not going to take it out on the person they are cheering on you with, unless they know about you then they are just as wronged as you

I found out I was wronged last night, although I had doubts for a while

How did I find out? She posted photos on his facebook page about them looking all snuggly over New years (I am private about facebook and didn't have each other as in relationship on fb. Now I know why he was ok with that)
I phoned him, he dents iti pushed some more, he hung up on me and deleted me from fb
Now imo that needed revenge, if he had been decent and honest I wouldn't have needed revenge
Sothankfully I remembered her name, found her on fb and let her no (not as revenge just thought it was the right thing to do) also gave her the links to his account here and on fetlife
I messaged a girl on his fetlife who I thought he was seeing as well, thankfully for her she found him creepy and haddnt done anything, but she became concerened chatting to me about how he had treated me so is going to talk to the fettish community leaders in her area about having him watched
I also chatted to a sh friend of mine who runs the only club in his area of the music he likes, he might be limited in the places he can go out now

And I did post Fotos of his tiny. 'Member' on some forums he is on too
And sorry to all who like forgiveness, I feel great, and I have a date for Friday that I am really looking forward too
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/4/2012 3:13:52 AM
"Hell hath no fury like the scorn of a woman"...

Good thing many are not vengeful.
 02hdf150
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:49:42 AM
I would see stories on the news about guys seeking revenge on their wives or girlfriends...Unfortunately it's hearing how the guys ended up killing them and then themselves.
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:52:33 AM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

So your ex was diddling an underage girl? Hmmm not sure about the laws where you are from,but here that is illegal and he would be seeing some jail time.I would of called the police and had the satisfaction of seeing him carted off to jail to be bubbas b!tch.
 Viper1E
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/4/2012 5:14:20 AM
Why you might ask. Simply put it is an injustice that I can fix. I cant fix others but I can fix this one for me. Also In my own opinion if you do not get revenge it says that what that person did is ok and allowable.

I couldn't have said it better. I will never be a member of the Free Pass Club.

I do not believe in Karma. For I also do not believe in the tooth fairy god Santa as he is portrayed by hollywood or any other myth that enables people to be weak and feeble.

"Mind you, this report is not intended to foster a belief in astrology, but merely to assist those people who can not take control of their own lives.." The Astrological Report/The Kentucky Fried Movie.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/4/2012 5:27:16 AM
452...The age of consent here in Australia is 16 years of age for a girl and the drinking age is 18 years of age for both genders.
Some of these Revenges are pretty scary! Some are funny cause it's what we would 'like' to do but would never undertake!!!
Iv'e learnt a lot in my 25 years since then. At that time I was a shrivilling young mess with 3 children under the age of 5 years old so I guess I was pretty bitter cause the ex left me for a religion that included not having s*x unless it's for reproduction!.
Forward 25 years of learning and experience and I would not do again what I did then.
I still see the ex at family functions from time to time and we are amicable.
My best khama , revenge whatever is the fact that I still have my hair and he doesn't, but he does have the comb over
 vintrav
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/4/2012 5:37:56 AM
Yes, i have to admit i wait for women to play
games, i play the sensitive caring guy to see
if they get mean, when they do i practice my
Acting skills as a revenge tactic. But! If they dont get mean to
Crush the nice guy, that is a good sign. A sign of stability.
I have to admit, being nice brings out primal
Cruelty in some. Its very interesting to analyze
The behavior, its like a window to unresolved
Feelings from their past when they were good and honest
only to be crushed.
To pick up on it is
an artform and a cue to leave, its a sign of
Emotional instability because you remind them
of when they put their best foot forward.
I dont hide from past hurt, i embrace it and
Understand it and why it happened, just my
Educated observation.
 LyamB
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 5:40:50 AM
Revenge = murder.

I do like little stories as you explained (burning holes) though. I think revenge is fine as long as it isn't taken too far! :D
 Akizzej
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:03:07 AM
Those flashbacks pop up at the most inappropriate times don't they JD?? , it must be the 'sandgroper' water... 11 years ago though the mind thought revenge (involving dental floss and "our" two lovely dogs...) was daily, now it only pops up once in a while... when I give him rent free space in my head. Most of the time though, I can forget I was even married to him.

Then just for S&G's one day recently I looked him up on FB... and whoah... almost 400lb and I could say to myself "thank goodness you don't have to wake up to THAT every morning any more {both of them (he and Mrs #3) ended up with lapband surgery}

Guess the karma bus hit them and yanno, I wasn't driving that day.

OT, these days I don't have energy to be 'revengeful' towards anybody. Even my son's father - inspite of him choosing not to be around, I oooooze syrupy best wishes for his health and happiness because - well, when my son is great and famous , I know someone will regret not having been a part of his life and taking the opportunities I presented to him. hmmm. {but that's justice, right?? }

{Rhetorical question there, no need to answer}

Still wasn't right going after the young lady's clothing... shoulda done your ex's.. but we always know better in hindsight.
 oOdangalangOo
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:17:29 AM
Forgiveness, understanding, and a general disregard for people's behavior, that are dumb enough to violate certain social courtesies is my regimen for dealing with idiots. There is no point crying over spilled milk. It is what it is and there's nothing you can do to change it. Attempts to lash back are seen as petty and desperate despite your original intentions.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:10:44 AM
Akizzei.....Definately the Sandgroper water. I'm so happy to have matured, but life would not be life without it's learning moments.
We sit and ponder at day's gone by then suddenly crap enters the head from many years gone by and we wonder what would we do these days if we were faced with the same scenerio?
No it wasn't right going after the young girls clothing but hey it was my house, my drawer so what else was a bitter jealous wife to do?
 Viper1E
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:37:54 AM
No it wasn't right going after the young girls clothing but hey it was my house, my drawer so what else was a bitter jealous wife to do?

I think you were exceptionally kind to her, and she was exceptionally lucky.

Math ain't hard Buttercup. If her clothes were in your drawers, her body was in your bed. There are some lines that should NEVER be crossed. He could have done his business at the No-tel Motel.

A different kind of person, might have been inclined to make a croc real happy with an easy meal.

Here in the US, the desert is full of people who have done much less..

Just sayin'..
 cooldog65
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 9:08:11 AM
@MiaCat74: Sounds like you were not in an exclusive relationship. You said he had a tiny member. It could not have been that tiny if you were this hell bent on revenge. You had the chance to let it go, but chose revenge cause of his response. That's a lame excuse. Instead of lowering yourself to his level, you sank even lower than that.

Seems like your actions contradict what you said about his member. If I were going to insult my ex it would be about her character, not a bodypart. This really struck a nerve with me.
 MiaCat74
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/4/2012 9:38:31 AM
@cooldog
Firsly in the UK relationships are exclusive unless you agree to be poly, and we had also spoke about the fact it was an exclusive relationship
I was not jelous - I was actually on the brink of ending things
I was mad at how someone treated me, he was cheeting on me while at the same time for several months seeing someone else
He was lying to me about his mother being in hospital while he was seeing someone else
He was constantly lying to me, saying he was doing things when he didnt

I didnt say I did anything amazing - but I said that it made ME feel better, and I think I deserved a little of that
 --Zen--
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/4/2012 1:53:08 PM
Instant gratification vs long term satisfaction. Revenge is instant gratification. You hurt me - I hurt you. It is only damaging long term. Justice is to prevent infraction from occurring in the future - long term satisfaction.
 infennario
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:30:08 PM
I don't remember ever taking revenge. I'm probably too lazy. It seems like it would take a lot of energy.
However, I have given back what I got in certain circumstances. For instance, if an SO has yelled at me, and I walk away or tell them to stop yelling, then they deny they're yelling, I'll mimic them so they can see how aggressive or obnoxious their behavior is. (Usually doesn't work!)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?