Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 valenciacityx
Msg: 101
Revenge an eye for an eye?Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
you only get to kill them once,
I would prefer they spend a life time wondering when, and how I finally pull the lever.
a good fait accompli requires that the soil be watered, lest they forget you are gunning for them.
accidents will happen - sometimes they are very well orchestrated.
 BettyMcFattttyPants
Msg: 102
Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/5/2012 6:12:06 AM
Justice I believe in. Revenge not so much.

Reading some of the posts on here make me never want to date anyone with a computer nor access to one ever ever again.

GPS-give me directions to the single male hermit on the hill. Thank you.
 MiaCat74
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:42:28 AM
"so you got cheated on by a man who is on pof AND signed up on some fetish site? the guy is into the fetish lifestyle? i'd say that wanting multiple sexual partners is pretty much part and parcel of that whole scene...knowing that, why would you expect him to behave any differently? also, knowing that, don't you have some responsibility here in the whole situation? i think this one is a no-brainer. why you would have expected anything different is confounding to me...and this case is a perfect example of how taking responsibility for one's own choices comes into play."

No the whole scene is about consent and communicaion, supposedly trust, we both had agreed that we wanted to be manogamous
Being on the site is about researching things and learning and keeping in touch with friends

I DO take into account my choices. I was seeing a guy, we agreed to be manogamous
He said he was curious about bsdm, we looked into it as I have had friends in the scene for a long time anyways
we both joind up to the site together
 AddHomonym
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:55:12 AM
When I was wee little kid, I must have been mad at my older brother for something stupid. I decided to get my revenge by placing a tooth-pick at an angle inside the heel of his elevator boots (if you laughed, you're old).

Then I hid and watched him. He was in a hurry and jammed his foot in there and screamed words I had never heard before...lol First was the rush of pride seeing my trap work which was followed immediately by the shock of what I had just done to someone I loved. I did feel badly.

Many years later, I was mad at my sister. I decided to inscribe her initials onto the back of a brass planter my mother hung from a chain in our foyer. Then I waited. The next time my mom, my sister and I were all trying to get our coats and boots on I innocently commented, "Hmm, why are the initials X.X. carved into this planter?" My mom came over to check it out and started screaming at my sister who desperately tried to defend herself.

I never spoke of that to anyone. I wonder if my sister is on POF?......Nah.
 Capn_America
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:44:27 AM

Well if you can't help being evil, be evil toward the guilty party! :) If you take it out on a guy in which any evidence would point to basically just meeting her, it's not about being evil, but jealousy pointed in the wrong direction.

LOL You make me laugh, Confident. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but all the words in the world and all the good intention don't change facts; people are made certain ways lol. Its not even remotely close to jealousy; if I was jealous, I'd want to beat the guy AND get my girl back. But when that kind of stuff happens, I INSTANTLY forget about the girl, she looses entirely whatever was between us in the spec of an instant. It becomes "I wanna hurt the guy just for the heck of it, and she can watch, so it hurts her too". Not because I'm jealous, not because I want her back; cos I want REVENGE lol. And of COURSE it makes you look like the bad, evil, jealous boyfriend. But who cares, I know that's not what I am, I'm the peed-off guy who wants to peel both their faces lol.
Oh, before you tell me, you know that's not good and self-destructive; I KNOW lol. Some people are like that, I live with myself perty darn well. Just dont ever kiss my gf

verygreeneyez
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:53:02 AM

Maybe it's just easier for women to go into doormat mode. Justice matters to men.

Oh good grief!!! I don't believe I know ANY women who are door-mats. Just because the vast majority don't wish to be spiteful/revenge-oriented doesn't mean they are doormats. It means they have the wherewithal to know that sometimes people do asinine crap and they are wise enough to know that lowering their own self to that level is just ridiculous. But? See it how you wish. (And the best "justice"for those who wrong us? Being happy/healthy/kind/generous and loving life while they rot in their own head thinking of "revenge." Those are are not will HATE the fact someone else is living a life they'll never have a clue about.)
 Viper1E
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:03:27 AM

(And the best "justice"for those who wrong us? Being happy/healthy/kind/generous and loving life while they rot in their own head thinking of "revenge."

OR maybe they'll be like serial killers and rapists, and just laugh that you didn't report them, and giggle as they shop for their next victim. They got your money, heart and tears, and once again, someone has confirmed P.T. Barnum's theory on the birth rate of suckers for them.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:06:23 AM

if I was jealous, I'd want to beat the guy AND get my girl back.

Well, not necessarily. I think we'd all be Jealous to some degree, otherwise it wouldn't bother us....

It becomes "I wanna hurt the guy just for the heck of it, and she can watch, so it hurts her too". Not because I'm jealous, not because I want her back; cos I want REVENGE lol.

But it's very possible that you're taking it out on the wrong person, is my point. You going off on him isn't Revenge really -- but I see what you're saying -- you're going to assume HE screwed YOU over. But in my mind, unless I knew the guy or the guy knew she had a bf, it's just SHE screwing ME over.

But I do see your point of beating up the guy -- that does get to her. You can't beat her up -- so, yeah, you can take it out on the guy, even if he's pretty much innocent -- to get at her. Of course, if he didn't do anything wrong, she's going to just think you're psycho and be glad to part ways... of course, she could be a freaky chick who likes to see guys fight over her -- because that's exactly how she'd take it.
 desert_trekker
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:07:01 AM
Nope, never sought revenge. And I've definately had someone do me wrong in the past but I didn't seek vengeance. Some of this stuff being posted on this thread sounds twisted as f__k! lol. I just go forward in life, I deal with the pain and or anger in private. I'm not going to hold on to the issue for long and definately not to the point where I'm thinking about what I can do to them to get even. They may deserve it but I'm not going to do it. Going forward with your life, healing the wound or overcoming the disrespect is the best option. Remeber that person and what they did, don't ever let them do it again. Surround yourself with good people and continue building your life into a success and you'll be fine.
 Capn_America
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:18:54 AM

But it's very possible that you're taking it out on the wrong person, is my point

Well see? That's my point; he probably IS innocent lol. Specially if you know for example, that your gf can be a *****. But, in that situation, in that context, its still what happens. Beat the guy up, and damned happy to do it. Its practically like pouring yourself a glass of milk, or picking up the paper, its second nature lol. I tried to change that part of myself, but when I feel cheated, its usually what happens; gotta live with it. I guess I can't deal with dishonesty or games, so I make sure all my future conquests are aware of that beforehand. But I do understand what you mean, I might be beating up the wrong guy; so be it lol. It never bothered me before, felt good regardless.

And if I had a freaky chick that enjoyed getting fought over...well chances are we wouldnt have been together in the first place, but just out of spite, I'd whack her one lol. That whole thing about not hitting women is gentlemanly, but some ladies that don't act like some, that are practically as big and strong if not more than you are...who cares lol. Only hit a girl once in my life and always regretted it, even if she had it coming. But it still felt good at the time
 cooldog65
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:20:01 AM
My motto when revenge crosses my mind: Be better, not bitter.
 Capn_America
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:22:18 AM
My motto when revenge crosses my mind: Be better, not bitter.

LOL That's good. Mine is "Be deader, not better" or different variations of the same theme
On the other hand, I never get mad and am very well tempered, its just when people directly try to get to me that I fly off the handle and become a cold evil guy, so I live a perfectly happy and balanced life with numerous friends

VVVVV.......And that's pretty much all you'll hear from me today. The powers that be saw fit to censor me to 10 posts a day, for God knows how long. They fear me, that's why they shut me up :-P
 Viper1E
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:23:48 AM
Revenge is nothing but an excuse for the immature to validate their feelings of rejection but if you really look at it closely, the ones that constantly seek revenge to validate themselves have a lot more issues at hand to deal with and shouldn't put themselves out in the dating world until they've resolved those issues...the next person that 'rejects' them will just fuel their desire to seek revenge and the cycle will just repeat itself until they find themselves middle-aged and alone with nothing but their computer for company.

OK, I'm NOT talking about being stood up for a date and responding by burning down their house..

I'm also NOT talking about doing anything physically violent to them, (even if some might deserve it).

The very best revenge story I can think of, happened to a former co-worker. (he was a cop with another agency than my own.) He came home at 2 for lunch, when he normally went home at 5, and found her with someone in HIS house, and in HIS bed. This was after 16 years of marriage. He said they were so into it, they didn't even know he was standing at the bedroom door.

He COULD have killed them then and there, but left the house went back to work and filed for divorce. He secretly obtained DNA samples of the three kids, and lo and behold, two of them weren't even his!

When the court ordered that he pay 700.00 in spousal support, and 250.00 per child (ALL THREE!) per month, he told the judge: "I'll become a bum in the street first." He left court, went straight to the police station, turned in his badge and gun, and quit on the spot. He stayed with me and other friends a few months at a time, (so he couldn't be served with any court orders.) for two years, which is exactly how long it took for the house to be foreclosed on, and for her to become homeless with three kids. she's probably a crack whore today..

He's with a Colorado agency today, 23 years later, doing fine with a new family, and we all wish him nothing but the best.

Some might call that revenge, some might call it justice, I just call it good.

vvvvvvvv

I've been thinking about something like "dontdateherguy.com" where men could have a place to tell their horror stories, and warn other men...
 AddHomonym
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:26:06 AM

middle-aged and alone with nothing but their computer for company

Ouch, I resemble that comment:)

For the scary Capn, I got a link for you, http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Anger-Management/support-group

(I'm only half kidding fella)
 cooldog65
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:35:29 AM
@Capn_America: "Be deader, not better" ...Touche' with the middle finger!
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:51:44 AM
Hey on the middle aged comment we like our computers...

I feel like I should be the "flower child" of this thread and spread "love not war"~
I say everyone (as I have many times over the years) needs to have more sex.
If people had more sex they wouldnt be so vengeful.
At least thats my story and Im sticking to it.
Like I need an excuse...
 cooldog65
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:00:54 AM
^^^^^ Her inbox will be filling up...

My right hand will never be vengeful...

Meow...
 Viper1E
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:02:08 AM
I wasn't aware I was alluding to any of your prior posts in any way, shape or form but if I hit a nerve with you then I apologize. Right back atcha' dude and this thread isn't about you.

I know it's not about me, and no, you didn't strike a nerve. I do think that how long someone holds on to pain, rises in direct proportion to how great that pain is.

A quick and dirty example might be someone saying something like: "Ok, she's dead. Get over it already.." two weeks after you buried your mother. Would you call your reaction to that "arrested development"?
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:03:29 AM
Isnt that the truth Ms.P! I humbly stand corrected (or any other position).
The status of my "box"~ well now thats just personal...
 _shakti_
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:05:22 AM
Viper:
I do think that how long someone holds on to pain, rises in direct proportion to how great that pain is.
An interesting statement for sure... but there are many scenarios and people which prove the opposite of this..

So what explains that?
 matchlight
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:16:36 AM
If someone intentionally wrongs me in everyday life, I'm not inclined to sit still for it. If I have any recourse, I'm going to use it. And if someone seriously harmed me or someone I loved, with bad intent, I would make him wish he hadn't.

But in matters of the heart, not so much. And not for her sake, but for my own. If I don't respect a girl, I'm not going to give her the satisfaction of wasting much time thinking about what she did. I can't get back at her anyway, and I could be concentrating on other girls instead.
 Viper1E
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:41:42 AM
<div class="quote">Again, please accept my apologies if I spoke out of turn and offended you.

And again, you did not speak out of turn, nor offend me. I'm addressing this issue from a totally objective perspective.

<div class="quote">Your example..I don't even understand what you posted in the realm of the point I was trying to make but I've been known to process information quite differently than the average Joe. :)

My example was based on true events, and the person was accused of "not being able to move on.." aka "Arrested development", regarding the death of their mother. Ironically, my first name is Joe.

<div class="quote">I call someone that wants to exact revenge on someone years after the fact in an arrested development stage simply because they're stuck in past emotions and can't leave those negative thoughts about a person. They don't have nor want the ability to climb out of their bitterness and to carry on in a healthy way.

I think revenge (or justice, if that word is a little more tasty,) mostly occurs at the first opportunity it can occur. And I think that nobody wants to be stuck, maybe sometimes, they just don't know how to get unstuck.

And having someone say "Just get over it", is pretty much like a fart in a high wind..
 Revilors
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/5/2012 10:46:18 AM

. It becomes "I wanna hurt the guy just for the heck of it, and she can watch, so it hurts her too". Not because I'm jealous, not because I want her back; cos I want REVENGE lol.

See...I don't get this. Unless he's your buddy...what would you even be angry at HIM? I get the "forget about her" thing. She wasn't the person you thought she was. Your picker was off. If you don't know the guy...he didn't do anything to YOU...she did. And if he knew she was married or (supposedly) in a committed relationship...they deserve each other.

I wouldn't give either the satisfaction of getting to me to that degree.

I would NEVER fight for a woman DIShonor.

And having someone say "Just get over it", is pretty much like a fart in a high wind..

At least you can smell a fart. You seem to think there is no difference between "justice" and "revenge".

Justice...you've betrayed my trust...you no longer have it.
Revenge...you cheated on my so I'm going to take a blow torch to your face and genitals.

I don't know how to reason with that.
 Viper1E
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:10:36 AM

At least you can smell a fart. You seem to think there is no difference between "justice" and "revenge".

Can't smell a fart in a high wind.. Just sayin'..

Justice...you've betrayed my trust...you no longer have it.
Revenge...you cheated on my so I'm going to take a blow torch to your face and genitals.

Fantasizing about violence and advocating it, are two different things. I liked what my buddy did so much more..
 part deux
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:20:59 AM
I have dreamt and fantasized elaborate revenge plans, but honestly, I am too lazy(not too good) to do anything about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?