Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Viper1E
Msg: 190
Revenge an eye for an eye?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

People who hurt others would never find happiness themselves.

They do when they have no conscience. When they can totally disassociate themselves from the damage that they've done, and and accept zero responsibility for their actions, then life becomes one big party for them.
 wiseguy_89
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:25:49 PM

When they can totally disassociate themselves from the damage that they've done, and and accept zero responsibility for their actions, then life becomes one big party for them.

Okay maybe its true but I can't disassociate myself from the fact that I took revenge.So I am hurting myself more. Yeah the person hurt me but taking revenge means I am doubling the pain because first there is the pain caused by she hurting me and then there is the pain of the revenge which hurt her,which I feel because I liked her(you just cannot like the person one day and hate her the next day). So even if it seems I won by taking revenge,I actually turned out to be even more sore loser.
 ponygt
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:28:27 PM
I find this amusing. I make one small no nothing comment about karma and it turns into a thread of belief or otherwise.

Interestingly enough, I'm a Christian.

It was just a comment in passing people. Not one expressing my belief.
 _shakti_
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:58:08 PM
I don't think you are the only person who mentioned karma, and the phrase 'eye for an eye' from the thread title carries religious/spiritual connotations as well. Not sure why a discussion regarding beliefs would appear out of place in a thread about revenge?

On a lighter note, while singing this loudly in my car today.. the thought struck me, without a strong and undeniable urge for revenge.. the world would be without such melodies:

http://youtu.be/WaSy8yy-mr8
 ponygt
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:02:25 PM

I don't think you are the only person who mentioned karma, and the phrase 'eye for an eye' from the thread title carries religious/spiritual connotations as well. Not sure why a discussion regarding beliefs would appear out of place in a thread about revenge?
You do have a good point. It just appeared to take a drastic turn after I mentioned it, but that may be because I was paying more attention to the thread after that point.
 starfishgazer
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:14:13 AM
YES
And it made me feel better!
And did not actually hurt the other person as much as embarass them.
I wrote on the back of a picture hanging above his bed with an arrow pointing down that a wanker sleeps here. Hey childish and he did not know untill he decorated a couple of years later.
When a man in his mid forties thinks its ok to sleep with a 17 year old damaged poor girl who takes drugs,and then drag my daughter who was 2 years old at the time to dives when he had her 1 night a fortnight, I think that my embarrasment revenge was pretty lenient and just let a little bit of steam and a smile to my face.
Plus he made a pass at me and joked at how funny it was that my daughter and the young girl were play fighting over sweets......the words just slipped out 'THEY ARE BOTH CHILDREN, ONE OF THEMS YOUR DAUGHTER AND THE OTHER ONE YOUR ****ING!'
They split luckily and he is now with someone who is at least in her 20s and comes from a good family, even if he is her boss at work. So be careful & not too harsh x
 Angelsbigheart
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:47:41 AM

That’s cold!

Did you invite the guys from his fantasy football league over to watch the game?

Ah... sweet revenge!! But sadly no, not that sort of game... but we do have frequent COD marathons!!
 Capn_America
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:00:26 AM

You do have a good point. It just appeared to take a drastic turn after I mentioned it, but that may be because I was paying more attention to the thread after that point

Dunno exactly why or who started, I'd need to go back. But I think that the two ARE linked. You only are the sum of what you believe in, after all. Most religions in the world are all about peace and caring, wether they be the Coran or the Bible or some other book.
YET...the purists on each side can use the same book to prove to everyone that God's vengeance ain't the same as on earth so YOU can throw the first stone, or in contrast, start a Holy War against the infidels. It's so EASY to use and prove what you want to prove. I think the concept of revenge is very intimately linked with our belief systems, and, for most people, that means religions. Probably the ones the least biased (and the more likely to have weirder, or maybe more original, ideas) would be atheist, but atheist who were raised completely without religion. We're just too busy burning people at the cross to be unbiased lol.
Also, most people believe, in one form or another, in "karma" call it karma, divine intervention, God throwing lightning bolts; it stems from the belief that a Greater, or let's call it different, Power with a capital P, rights all wrongs instead of us going out and doing Justice, or Revenge rather, the two are sometimes very similar. I'm a Christian too, but with Faith issues; I WANT to believe, but I CAN'T believe entirely; Science points to NOTHING being planned, ordained, designed. Everything points to us being part of a greater whole, in balance with the rest of the universe, kind of like Shakti said. But as for something doing it with a conscious purpose....everything up until now has been Cause and Effect, consequences and purely mathmatecal(urg, english lol). Which is why I have a problem with Fate punishing the wicked; I think, if God DOES exist, if he wanted to punish someone, that's why he made us; we're the instruments, more than a Divine Hand popping out and Smithing someone, or Fate eventually getting them.

So that's probably why religion and beliefs was thrown in there, just a theory ;-)
I personnally just enjoy a guy who wronged me p*ssing his pants, but then again I'm just plain mean lol.
 Nice7Girl1977
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:03:27 AM
I have a... "friend" that is very tech minded, that placed an ex on a sex offender registry, that ended up costing her her job, and would have cost her custody of her kid, but the kid turned 18 before it happened.

Your "friend" should count himself lucky since he didn't end up in jail over this stunt. Last I heard hacking into government computers was still illegal. If I were your "friend's "ex, I would sue the hell out of him for defamation of character. Nothing warrants going this far, no matter how badly she hurtled the "friend."

Sure revenge may feel good at the time, but remember people: NOTHING ILLEGAL.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:24:43 AM
~OT~ The interesting thing about "an eye for an eye" (in my mind)?? My exhusband was a rampant cheater. An "eye for an eye" would have meant that I would have had to get naked with a dozen or more men simply to "even the score." My last BF turned out to be gay and had been using me as a decoy (of sorts) for professional advancements in a community where gays/lesbians are all but burned at the stake and those in hetero-monogamous relationships are deemed "acceptable", so this would mean I need to do what to get "even"?? I need to date hotter men than he dates? John Doe down the street let his dog rip up my wild orchids last summer ~ do I need to get a rescue dog, train him to eat foliage and sent him down the street when he's hungry? An "eye for an eye" indicates "an equal act" and I just simply can't bring myself to waste time doing things that aren't going to render me any peace in my heart or mind. **shrugs**

****I will say, however, that I had forgotten until yesterday that someone did a "revengeful" thing to someone in my honor about 7 years ago. I was moving out of a live-in-relationship situation, my gal-pal felt he had reaaaaaaaaaally wronged me, so when my stuff was out of the house she said she'd meet me later, and that she'd finish the cleaning. What she actually did? She sprayed my perfume on furniture, on all the linens, kitchen towels, cupboards, in his clothes closet, and such. A couple months after my departure, he ran into my son and he said something to the effect of, " I can still smell your Mom all the time at the house." I suppose that was revenge-by-proxy. Maybe that's what would work for me. I'll have that gal-pal do my dirty-little-deeds then I won't worry about my karma being all sorts of jacked up.
 Viper1E
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/11/2012 10:06:15 AM
Maybe that's what would work for me. I'll have that gal-pal do my dirty-little-deeds then I won't worry about my karma being all sorts of jacked up.

So you think Mafia bosses get a free pass when they order a hit, because they're not the ones pulling the trigger?

Ok..

Last I heard hacking into government computers was still illegal.

News Flash! : It's not hacking, if you have access codes that you're legally entitled to.

Yeah, he's a cop.
 Nice7Girl1977
Msg: 201
Posted: 1/11/2012 12:53:27 PM
Last I heard hacking into government computers was still illegal.

News Flash! : It's not hacking, if you have access codes that you're legally entitled to.

Yeah, he's a cop.

Viper1E So, cops are above the law? They are not held to the same standards as us, common folks? They are allowed to do whatever they fell like and get away with it? A police officer is allowed to ruin someone's life completely just because he or she is mad at someone? hmmm.... Scary. Right out of some B-movie.

Let's see. I work for a company which deals with sensitive information. I am not allowed to disclose or change it. Yeah, I do have access to to this and can update it but I will be fired (for sure) and probably sued if I any harm will come to our clients because of my actions. I would imagine cops have to sign numerous papers about privacy and confidentiality and "n0-harm" policies before being granted any access to this database (I sure had to before I could work with mine).

Hope your friend in in jail now. Sure would be there if he did something like that to me. I would hire the best lawyer in town just to make sure he was charged. Heck, I would even phone every local newspaper and TV station about this story. lol. What he did is despicable and criminal on top of that. Who knows what else he is capable of doing?

Once thing is to make holes in your rival's clothes (bad decision but could be excused after excessive counseling) but putting someone on the sex offender list is whole other ball of game.

Note to myself: never ever ever under any circumstances date cops.
 Capn_America
Msg: 202
Posted: 1/11/2012 1:44:54 PM

Viper1E So, cops are above the law? They are not held to the same standards as us, common folks? They are allowed to do whatever they fell like and get away with it? A police officer is allowed to ruin someone's life completely just because he or she is mad at someone? hmmm.... Scary.

To his defense...sometimes you actually need cops like that. They're the ones that are doing bad things and making the system look bad. Their also the ones breaking that rule that should say you should pay a parking ticket, or that take that extra special, "I'll stay up 72 hours straight to catch the serial killer" day. My uncle was on the force for about 29 years, before, in order to NOT pay his pension, they accused him of corruption. The federal governement investigated and found him not guilty, but at this point he spat in their faces. Point is, he'd do things that work and made sense, when no one else would,I'll give you a concrete example; when I was 18, I used to work night shifts in a grocery store. Armed robber comes in, we tussle, I manage to make him loose the knife, and pin him down. My first hold up. I tied him up in the backstore, call the cops. They come, and pick him up, and the cop take me to the side...and gives me crap. I was dumbfounded. He explained to me then that that guy, from the records they have, is a notorious thief who does this weekly, and has a nasty seet of violence, theft, death threats. He has no money and is jobless, so they have to take him in the cell, and since the crime is a relatively minor one, and no judge would press charges when the sheet is this long, and he has no money at all to his name....by tonight they'll have to set him off on the street. He;ll start again next week.
What he did SUGGEST I do (because according to law he isnt allowed to say this) is that say I would have fought with him and BADLY had hurt him....well the camera I have in the store could have broken that night, and that this guy, who had casually been crossing the street, got hit by a BUS and ME, seeing that, went to help, being a good soul. SO the cops come pick him up, take him to a hospital under surveillance, where he stays for a couple weeks or months with broken bones. Which is LESS expensive to the system than holding him in a cell, and keeps him off the street for that time.
See how the world isn't black and white? Most people by now are probably appalled, but if you had seen the stuff I see about people....when I see a guy mugging someone or trying to rob a store, I whip his ass; holding him will serve nothing and he will probably get released. Better or for worse, a "dirty" cop told me how the system works in Canada.....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/11/2012 1:51:14 PM

So you think Mafia bosses get a free pass when they order a hit, because they're not the ones pulling the trigger?

Yeah ~ I distinctly recall telling my gal-pal, "Just take care of it. I want that fuking house to smell like me for as long as he owns it!!" (I mean reaaaaaaaaaaally now.) There is no such thing as a "free pass" with karma. I KNOW karma had no beef with me when my friend did what she did as I didn't "order" it done. What I also know? You scare me. The vindictive/hateful/nasty thoughts and deeds that you speak in this thread alone? They tell me that you'd be someone to NEVER turn your back on, never ever. Makes me sad for you in a number of ways ~ but it makes me wonder how many you'll wrong by means of vindictive/malicious deeds/acts before someone has enough and really does something horrible back to you. See? This "revenge" you speak of? It runs in circles. (Hypothetically) I hurt you, you hurt me. Someone that loves me REALLY hurts you, and if someone loves you, they retaliate and so on and so on until ... well ... we're either all dead or we're all in prison. And all for what? So you feel less slighted? Simply ridiculous. JMO
 Capn_America
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:04:41 PM

tell me that you'd be someone to NEVER turn your back on, never ever.

Wait wait wait, back up....isn't that the point of the thread? WHY would you turn your back on someone you love, and create the need for revenge? Revenge is when your slighted and hurt for something in a mean way. I could understand someone who hurts me and doesnt mean to. I'm a big boy, I can forgive. But someone who intentionnally hurts you and KNOWS it....why the hell should anyone want to forgive and forget? Cry and smooch and say were sorry, were so full of anger....what? Why shouldnt I be mad? What possessed you to hurt me in the first place, why would you even WANT to? And that's the trouble; some people just WANT to, for no reason.
You know, if no one cheated, no one was dishonest, no one lied, there wouldnt be a thread like this saying its okay to hate, and we wouldnt be bad guys. We wouldnt NEED to hate. But revenge WILL exist as long as their humanbeings on Earth. Because humans are one BAD bunch of mother*******. Some people live off seeing others suffer.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:38:15 PM
Wait wait wait, back up....isn't that the point of the thread? WHY would you turn your back on someone you love, and create the need for revenge?

Why do people turn their backs on people they once loved and that once loved back in return? Things change. People change. Love changes and unless we're living in some bubble, we know as adults, that sometimes life is cruel and unfair. And at times? We can be cruel and unfair our own selves. Because life/love include loss.

Revenge is when your slighted and hurt for something in a mean way. I could understand someone who hurts me and doesnt mean to. I'm a big boy, I can forgive. But someone who intentionnally hurts you and KNOWS it....why the hell should anyone want to forgive and forget?

Because we're smart enough to realize that we hurt our own self far more than we hurt someone else when we hold on to things we can NOT change.

Cry and smooch and say were sorry, were so full of anger....what? Why shouldnt I be mad? What possessed you to hurt me in the first place, why would you even WANT to? And that's the trouble; some people just WANT to, for no reason.

Being mad and being hateful and vengeful are two VERY different things.

You know, if no one cheated, no one was dishonest, no one lied, there wouldnt be a thread like this saying its okay to hate, and we wouldnt be bad guys. We wouldnt NEED to hate. But revenge WILL exist as long as their humanbeings on Earth. Because humans are one BAD bunch of mother*******. Some people live off seeing others suffer.

And that was exactly MY point in my post to viper. Some (such as yourself, if that's what you're saying here and him and others as well) choose to be hateful. And like it or not? It is a choice that YOU make. It's not necessary, it holds no valuable purpose and in the end ~ does it really solve your hurt? My only child died 2 years ago. I had three basic choices. 1) To die right along with him; 2) to be angry/hateful and mad at the world because for some reason the person I loved most on this planet died at age 23, leaving me all alone; or 3) to get up, breath in and out all day, cry a LOT, force myself to eat, and hope that one day I wouldn't have to force myself to stay alive. I could have felt vengeful to a person who contributed to the misery he was in the last 6 months of his life. I could have made her life a living nightmare. But what would hate/revenge accomplished? Not one thing. That sorry excuse of a human being can rot in her own private hell while I celebrate the time I had with my son and the life that I have left to live. We have choices. We can become bitter people or we can become better people. It's that simple.
 Viper1E
Msg: 206
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:48:20 PM
What I also know? You scare me. The vindictive/hateful/nasty thoughts and deeds that you speak in this thread alone? They tell me that you'd be someone to NEVER turn your back on, never ever. Makes me sad for you in a number of ways.

I love that line in that Ben Kingsly movie, where he says "I never once killed anyone that didn't deserve it."

Know the easiest way to avoid the whole revenge issue? Don't do anyone wrong. Why is that so much to ask. Don't treat people like, toys trash, or doormats. What is it with some people that they think they have some God given right to just fvck anyone over they feel like with no consequence?

One more thing, when men learn to hate, it's usually because a woman taught them how.

why the hell should anyone want to forgive and forget? Cry and smooch and say were sorry, were so full of anger....what? Why shouldnt I be mad?

Some people think they have a RIGHT to your forgiveness, as they shop for their next victim. Who are you to make them pay for their crimes? They can slap your kid or kill your dog, and who the hell are you to question their right to do that? You're less than them, didn't you know that? You'll always be less than them, after all, you're only a man.
 Viper1E
Msg: 207
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:26:27 PM

Note to myself: never ever ever under any circumstances date cops.

Because there's ALWAYS a sale on doormats at Walmarts..
 Capn_America
Msg: 208
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:21:41 AM
to be angry/hateful and mad at the world because for some reason the person I loved most on this planet died at age 23, leaving me all alone; or 3) to get up, breath in and out all day, cry a LOT, force myself to eat, and hope that one day I wouldn't have to force myself to stay alive. I could have felt vengeful to a person who contributed to the misery he was in the last 6 months of his life. I could have made her life a living nightmare. But what would hate/revenge accomplished? Not one thing. That sorry excuse of a human being can rot in her own private hell while I celebrate the time I had with my son and the life that I have left to live. We have choices. We can become bitter people or we can become better people. It's that simple.

YES! HATE! Why wouldn't you want to? I can't say I know the circumstances, but why WOULDN'T you have a right to be angry? You have more right than anyone! Instead, your going to supress it because it's the "better path"? Your suffering! It's your God given right to be angry, at doctors who didn't do their jobs, at whoever caused what in the first place! If he got attacked or something, I wouldn't have rested until he joined my son in the grave! I have 2 daughters myself, and I say WOE to anyone who harms them. It's my job, and if justice won't do anything, I'll do it myself. Because I'm angry and I have the RIGHT to make me,selfishly, feel better. Just like you do. It's only human, it's NOT sending you on a path to be bitter if you act angry. Because you ARE angry, pretending your not, or telling yourself its not good, actually makes in probably worse for you. Once you do put it right, THEN you can move on, instead of having this haunt you for years to come. The fact you mentionned it in the first place tells how much its still fresh, and on your mind, after 2 years.... Although I can say I have NO idea what your going through, I couldn't even begin to fathom or tell you what to do or how you would act. It's a horrible, horrible thing that can barely be conceived, and as a parent I couldnt think of anything worse. If we were talking face 2 face I'd probably cry for you. I'm not saying taking it out on everyone, that's not right. I'm saying you ARE allowed to take it out on who IS responsible. Because NO ONE else will. The point is, there WONT be a private hell, that's just wishfull thinking. It doesnt make you bitter' it makes you someone who rightfully, CARES. And your the only one who DOES, makes it even MORE important.
My youngest daughter was deathly ill, her diagnostic indicated she needed an operation she would probably have died from. I didn't accept it. I paced and yelled and threatenned the docs into submission, until I forced them to look at the problem in a way they never would have; low and behold, they found out, looking at everything again, that it had been wrong; my daughter would NOT die. That took two years and me loosing 40 pounds of muscle to smoking and not eating. Was it a good thing to do? NO. Did it work? YES. And I had every right to be angry; it actually made a difference.
Didn't make me bitter in the least; I still enjoy people's presence and think that some people are still good. It did show me the power of anger, and how people tend to step on it because it "hurts other". But truth of the matter is, nothing drives a human being more than the power of anger. And history has proved it.
Anyways, although you probably heard this a thousand times already, I AM sorry for your loss, in a way I can't even express. I grieve for you.
(not the best emoticon, but there was no big red heart...)
 Viper1E
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:39:13 AM
Stace, you know I know how you've suffered. They say there are words for everything except one. When your parents die, they call you an orphan. When your spouse dies, they call you a widow. But the pain from the death of a child is so great, there is no word for it.

I'm glad that you can hope and believe in some "higher power" for payback. It might be comforting for you to know that while someone has the big house, new car and private jet that one day they'll need 2 million+ sunblock.

So what do you want me to say? That you're a better person than me? Ok you are. Feel better?

Karma to me is just another name for a purple flying spaghetti monster.

And he doesn't give a shyte.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:00:32 AM
YES! HATE! Why wouldn't you want to? I can't say I know the circumstances, but why WOULDN'T you have a right to be angry? You have more right than anyone! Instead, your going to supress it because it's the "better path"? Your suffering! It's your God given right to be angry, at doctors who didn't do their jobs, at whoever caused what in the first place! If he got attacked or something, I wouldn't have rested until he joined my son in the grave! I have 2 daughters myself, and I say WOE to anyone who harms them. It's my job, and if justice won't do anything, I'll do it myself. Because I'm angry and I have the RIGHT to make me,selfishly, feel better. Just like you do. It's only human, it's NOT sending you on a path to be bitter if you act angry. Because you ARE angry, pretending your not, or telling yourself its not good, actually makes in probably worse for you.

While I understand your sentiment ~ for me? It makes no sense to be angry. And no, I'm not today, nor was I the day I learned the tragic news, nor was I any day in between. Obviously, each case is different ~ but my case (or rather, my son's case) isn't one that falls under a "blame" category. Yes, there were doctors who didn't do their job and yes, there is a woman that caused unbelievable anguish, but ultimately? The end result would have been the same. And how I choose to deal with it, was/is exactly as my son requested.

Once you do put it right, THEN you can move on, instead of having this haunt you for years to come.

You NEVER move on from the loss of a child. You move forward, but the "haunt" will NEVER go away.

The fact you mentionned it in the first place tells how much its still fresh, and on your mind, after 2 years.... Although I can say I have NO idea what your going through, I couldn't even begin to fathom or tell you what to do or how you would act. It's a horrible, horrible thing that can barely be conceived, and as a parent I couldnt think of anything worse. If we were talking face 2 face I'd probably cry for you. I'm not saying taking it out on everyone, that's not right. I'm saying you ARE allowed to take it out on who IS responsible. Because NO ONE else will. The point is, there WONT be a private hell, that's just wishfull thinking.

On this note? You are wrong. Some things in life are blameless. And I am not responsible to be the Moral Police to a woman who has no morals.

It doesnt make you bitter' it makes you someone who rightfully, CARES. And your the only one who DOES, makes it even MORE important.

I can assure you ~ I am not the only person who cares. While there is no need for me to get into the details of ALL of those who do, it would be an egregious error on my part to view this as "my" tragedy. It's an entire community's tragedy. It's a family tragedy. And it's a horrific tragedy to those kids (young adults/teammates/friends) who are still blindsided and grieving just like I am. He was more than dearly loved, by MANY aside from my own self.

My youngest daughter was deathly ill, her diagnostic indicated she needed an operation she would probably have died from. I didn't accept it. I paced and yelled and threatenned the docs into submission, until I forced them to look at the problem in a way they never would have; low and behold, they found out, looking at everything again, that it had been wrong; my daughter would NOT die. That took two years and me loosing 40 pounds of muscle to smoking and not eating. Was it a good thing to do? NO. Did it work? YES. And I had every right to be angry; it actually made a difference.
Didn't make me bitter in the least; I still enjoy people's presence and think that some people are still good. It did show me the power of anger, and how people tend to step on it because it "hurts other". But truth of the matter is, nothing drives a human being more than the power of anger. And history has proved it.
Anyways, although you probably heard this a thousand times already, I AM sorry for your loss, in a way I can't even express. I grieve for you.
(not the best emoticon, but there was no big red heart...)

I appreciate the condolence. And while we could debate anger until one of us is angry (ha...now that was funny) I'm just built differently than you are, and have obviously reconciled how I wish to handle my own emotions. I'd rather tell my son's story and let others know how he lived and how he wanted us to live without him rather than to place blame on some person/persons, some hypothetical "God" or the planets or the day of the week or little green men. That makes NO sense to me. Nor does revenge, vengeance and/or hate. My life is likely more than half over. I have a lot to do in a little space of time ~ I'll do these things better, if I'm NOT bitter. To each their own.
 Capn_America
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:32:22 AM

You NEVER move on from the loss of a child. You move forward, but the "haunt" will NEVER go away.

I thought as much. And it makes sense. I don`t know the circumstances, but there are cases where things just sadly happen, and its no one`s fault. But the need for revenge, like I said, comes from being slighted; no slighted, no need for it right? You just mourn.

And I am not responsible to be the Moral Police to a woman who has no morals.

That's right, nor should you be; I'm not saying you should. I'm saying you should feel free TO take it out on her if you would want to, if you thought she is responsible. Not show her right from wrong, but making her pay for HAVING no morals.

I'm just built differently than you are, and have obviously reconciled how I wish to handle my own emotions.

LOL I don't get angry, at least not unless someone judges others. And it's a good thing, the above quote, if you've reconciled. What I AM saying, my view on it, is that it WOULD be okay, if there was some to blame, to exact vengance. You can believe its not right, but it doesnt apply to every situation. It SURE applies to yours; if no one is to blame, I agree there is no reason for vengance. But when there ARE some to blame, I dont believe they should be left blameless, to let the bg bad Life get to them. Because it probably won't. It usually never does, unless you believe that Karma, or Fate, is actually YOU, doing the vendettas. But I for one think its a perfectly understandable, normal and DESIRED response to a situation. But carefull; it DEPENDS greatly on the situation. Unjust anger is just as bad in itself; doing it to take vengance on a guilty party, for me, is acceptable. That was my point
And your life isn't half over; it's half begun Who knows what's on the other side? I'm not in that much of a hurry to find out, thinking yours is almost done is not a great way to go at it, chances are your counting the days until it is. You have a right to yourself, and to your son who would have wanted it, to have the BIGGEST blast possible before you check out. Want to have a crazy drinking party? Come to Montreal, I'll buy you the rounds!

Viper down there, that`s not what she said. She was talking about her specific situation, and its not hard to know why she could come to feel like that, anyone would. It fits for HER,that`s great. But prisons exist for a reason, I don`t think she could deny it...
 Viper1E
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:36:12 AM
That makes NO sense to me. Nor does revenge, vengeance and/or hate.

So every inmate in the world's prisons, were put there by bitter people?
Ok

I guess you're not the only person that's better than me.. Maybe they could all get together, and buy everyone on the planet a puppy.

You think I enjoy feeling the pain? Think it gets me off or something? Well you're wrong, and it doesn't.

^^^^^^^^^ For up there (LOL)

I'm glad it fits for her, I really am. She's a sweet kid and I wish nothing but the best for her. But she's also very naive if she thinks that's the way the rest of the world operates. In the real world, there are consequences for bad action, and rewards for good ones.

And not everybody is always willing to wait for the spaghetti monster to deal with it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/12/2012 11:19:03 AM

Want to have a crazy drinking party? Come to Montreal, I'll buy you the rounds!

Alllllllllllllllrighty. I'm in. Haven't been thrashed/trashed or unabashedly intoxicated in FAR too long.

I'm glad it fits for her, I really am. She's a sweet kid and I wish nothing but the best for her. But she's also very naive if she thinks that's the way the rest of the world operates. In the real world, there are consequences for bad action, and rewards for good ones.

And not everybody is always willing to wait for the spaghetti monster to deal with it.

Clearly this has gotten to a point of silliness, and I contributed. I'm not naive, I'm not pro-criminal and I'm not better than anyone. Sometimes I get on my own soap-boxes thinking about my past negative attitudes and my own journey to something much less toxic to my own self ~ and I have plans of grandeur that maybe, just maybe, one person will be less hateful if I say something that rings a bell. Maybe an eternal optimist is a good label or just a straight up dumb-ass fits for me ~ regardless, we are just "who" we are. If your way works for you ~ that's all that really matters.

~OT~ I watched some dumb TV program last night in which a woman jumped into a "Wonder Woman" costume and she'd run around beating the holy hell out of men who'd beaten their wives because she'd been repeatedly raped/beaten by her husband and she felt it was her "duty" to help others like herself. She was sent to a mental institute for three years to lose her alter-ego and that was that. All I kept thinking? "Dummy. Three years from now you're as good as dead. So sad you'll be without your super-powers by that time." So even in the world of scripts and story-lines, I still think in terms of karma. In hindsight, maybe this revenge stuff bothers me most because when I was young, stupid, mean and hateful I did things that deserved revenge. I think I was "spared" (for the most part) and maybe my view on karma is that since I was spared, I'll spare others. **shrugs** And now I'll spare you guys.
 Capn_America
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:56:18 PM

So even in the world of scripts and story-lines, I still think in terms of karma. In hindsight, maybe this revenge stuff bothers me most because when I was young, stupid, mean and hateful I did things that deserved revenge. I think I was "spared" (for the most part) and maybe my view on karma is that since I was spared, I'll spare others. **shrugs** And now I'll spare you guys.

LOL You know, by your own admission....you just destroyed your previous argument on not believing in vengeance. If you believe you were spared, means you believe you were gonna get smithed. My point is if whatever you did was so very wrong...someone SHOULD have lol. Not saying this out of spite or anything, but if you talk about one person, you gotta talk about ALL the people who have done bad stuff. But I', not talking either about "she slapped me in the face" kind of revenge. More the "he tried to rape me, she cheated on me for 6 months and we were married" type of revenge. Like, you know, serious offense. Of course, talking about revenge gets to you; for 2 years you been saying you don't want to believe in it. Having someone argue with you and actually having good points on it must hit a nerve. But the point isnt to make you change your mijnd; point is, everyone is different, and my opinion on it is, its a necessary evil sometimes, and can have GOOD consequences, depending on the circumstances.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Revenge an eye for an eye?