Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LoriKula
Msg: 27
Draw? Paint? Sculpture? Other?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I had always been very artistic as a child, won three art contests, did free lance graphic art, and then I suddenly stopped drawing! I was engrossed in other things, but I want to get my bottom in gear and draw, paint with water colours, pastels, etc. My pipe dream is to write and illustrate a children's book and I want to draw and produce a line of gift cards. I write songs, sing and have recorded in the past; moving to a new city, leaving all my music friends in another province, I have been trying to find and make connections just for the fun of it and hope to save some money to record some original music. I miss it. I also can make jewelry, do craft projects, floral arranging, and customize Barbie dolls (just love them since childhood) and it's actually a big phenomenon - I'm not as good as others but I enjoy it nonetheless. I like to write poetry too and enjoy it quite a lot, but it's usually when I am overcome by something sad, and when people read it, they say they tear up. I'm qualified in Interior Design (not just the decorating part, but drafting, building codes, renderings, etc) but it did not pay enough, so I went back to school and am a Medical Transcriptionist. Since becoming single, I need to pull myself up and get back to doing the things I enjoy. I am also getting a new puppy this summer and although it might not be considered 'artistic', I want to train him/her well, try out agility and even (now don't laugh) canine dance, which basically involves a routine of obedience, agility, repetition, tricks and choreography set to music and the dog handler engages the dog. I think that is artistic and I am so eccentric, I could see myself making a fool of myself, not caring, but enjoying every minute of it with a doggy...and do it to my own music LOL!
 Wulfnoir
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Draw? Paint? Sculpture? Other?
Posted: 4/1/2012 1:49:58 PM
I've been illustrating on paper since grade school and now have honed the same skills with stylus and tablet. I am pretty good at but always evolving my skills to newer heights.

Joe DaWulf Noir on Google Play 'Nuff Said!
 Falcon91
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/2/2012 2:37:42 AM
I do Photography.

The Photographic art is the most emotional in my opinion, and in the sub-art of Photographic art is photojournalism. We aren't just a bunch of idiots running around trying to just get that shot for the news papers, we're trying to capture all the emotion of the protest, of the combat zone, of the person or people, or the situation at that time.

I personally sell my work, I sign every print I sell with a gold coloured pen.

For 1 year of NO advertising at all, just by word of mouth or me popping a link to my shots and people asking to buy a print. I've sold over 650 buck worth, now all that money went right back into getting frames and etc...

For my skills, in creativity I'd rate that as a bit above average since I make use of everything around me when trying to get the perfect shot.

For Art looking: I've gotten opinions from Professional photographers, that say I have a massive art side and they would rate me as a good artist but not exceptional yet. They said I have some development and I fully agree

For composure: Most of my photo's require little editing in this field, my composure 80% of the time is dead on unless I'm hurrying then I do a bit crooked...then tend to fix it in photoshop.

They're many skills into photography though, we all have our strong points and weak points. My weak point would be on retouching, my strong point is exploring and finding the photo.
 Lev821
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:16:25 AM
Yes, I do a lot of artwork which can be viewed here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7208251@N05/

Thanx.
 ZachAtTacK13
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/7/2012 7:59:41 PM
Can't draw on paper or paint on canvas, but hook it up with a plain black leather jacket and some paint pens and ill get down on it.
 SonickReducer
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/10/2012 9:39:05 AM
I make art

http://blurrhog.deviantart.com/
 billingsmason
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:12:08 AM
I carve stone.. kind of a natural progression from cutting building blocks to the art.
Good or not...? Don't know or care, don't do it for others. I find myself never quite being satisfied or finished tho-

Something about the soft curves of the human form in a medium as rigid as stone, that really draws. Satin finishes
Ironic that I actually draw like a third grader...
 lildeerox
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/11/2012 6:12:06 PM
I paint in both oil and acrylic, I draw (pencil, charcoal). I think I am pretty decent. I LOVE it 100%.
I also do photography and digital art, although I prefer the hand done artwork.
 macroprosopus
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:03:55 PM
Used to draw. Got to all looking the same. Which probably means I should have started a webcomic, or something. But...really, when I say "the same", I mean it. Almost identical poses, just different features. See, I used to have people ask me to draw them, once they saw a picture I'd done of myself. I just could never be bothered to practice enough to really expand. Used to do more, though.
 MusicLover041
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 9:25:15 PM
I draw... kind of. I mean I'm not that bad, but I could be better. Quite a bit better actually. I guess I'm more of a writer.
 Ms. Gibson
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:17:39 AM
When I was healthy, I painted vintage and antique furniture.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/22/2012 8:29:32 PM
Draw and paint...pastels, watercolors, oils, mixed media, charcoal, ink, et cetera.

Have been too busy working to do much for a while but will be setting up a new space later this spring.
 DT_artist
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/23/2012 6:51:25 PM
I do 3D work, traditional, anime, pen and pencil. Most of my works are black and white. Color has never been my strongest area but I understand color theory.
 Technoartisan
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/24/2012 3:44:39 PM
I do a bit of everything... Draw, paint and sculpt. I really enjoy sculpting but don't do it much. I've been sub-contracting to a special effects artist which gives me a chance to do some other stuff like mold making and casting. In fact, this weekend I've been working on a prop for Nickelodeon. Not that you should be impressed, I just like the fact that my work will see some action and help someone realize their creative vision.
 Rickt116
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2012 9:59:54 PM
this is my firest post ever lol i make designs in photoshop and i can draw aswell...
 38femalelatina
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/30/2012 10:33:56 PM
When I'm in the mood, I love to draw, paint, or doodle a little. I believe I pretty good, but I am a crafty person. I can sew, make lawn furniture. I guess I passed it on to my kids; my eldest can look at a cartoon character and can make it life size. She does an amazing job. My son who is 10 can draw our old house with the trees, 18 wheeler in our old drive and garage by memory. I guess its a gift
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:05:51 AM
Im working on my lighted bridge at nite..its made out of scrap metal on glass...you give me something I can make it look beautiful...I love creating things.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:09:03 AM
Andi
You would so love the way my coworker draws...you have talent like her....I would love for you to see her facebook drawing page
 gypsychic60
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/26/2012 4:16:21 PM
I painted a guitar face. I primed it with gesso and painted in acrylic. I had fun doing it. A guitar player, performer told me I deadened the sound by doing that..I guess if you airbrush you are adding a thin film of pigment and it is o.k I will paint one just purely as a decorative piece. I am a little shy to mess with a fine instrument.
 RockyDakota
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:34:04 PM
Basic illustrator/graphic designer here, who paints with acrylics from time to time.
 newcanvas
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 4:55:13 PM
https://plus.google.com/110281182537712148369/posts
 Lovestorypage1.o1
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/8/2012 5:44:29 AM
I love to draw... It really makes me happy to touch each lines and my imagination grows up on that time.
Not only draw I love to do, I also like to take the photography, some animations and some things fun. ^O^
I love Art. <3
 tampasmiles
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/26/2012 8:23:38 PM
I enjoy showing others how I see things...through my photography...drawings..paintings..websites...no real training my degree is in business but every time I do some art for someone their friends and family asks me to do something for them too.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:55:20 PM
I make cakes that are like sculptures. Purely for the enjoyment of those I love. Don't ask me to do it for money no one could afford them. some take days or weeks of work. I would say A+++.

I draw, paint, make costumes from tiny pictures with no pattern, getting back into photography( was good with film), just make stuff in general. Varying grades from A to C
 inhalepositivity
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2012 11:33:07 PM
I am really into make up as a form of artistry. I would definitely say that my skills are above average and I could put together some amazing before/after photos.

I also enjoy photography. Mother nature generously gives ample opportunity to catch serendipitous moments. I have an eye for things that most people would just walk right by without taking a second glance.

Jewelry (love Swarovski beads), decorative artwork for my home on canvas with baubles, glitter and paint, revamped an old table with cheetah print Duct Tape (Meow!)... lol

I do most of my creative endeavors as forms of therapy. They relax me and I always seem to love the end result. I come from a family who has frequent craft night gatherings. All forms of creative expression make me smile. I love, love, love this type of stuff.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >