Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 0ldhag
Msg: 37
What is the worst way you were ever dumped?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Another joke, i mean guy...

We dated a while, were at the "i love you stage, i want to spend the rest of my life with you" stage...then one day he showed me a text from his ex-wife (who cheated on him), it said " i think i made a mistake and want our old life back"..and for the "sake of the children" he said he deicded to go back to her. So I accepted that, dont wanna get in between someone and their kids. I moved my stuff out and a week later he was dating someone else...
 munchkin111
Msg: 41
What is the worst way you were ever dumped?
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:46:03 AM
My soon-to-be-ex-husband dumped me for a woman he met on Facebook. What made it worse was the fact that he initially lied to me about his reason for ending the marriage. He initially said that he'd been unhappy for a while and thought he'd e happier out of the marriage. I had my suspicions that there was someone else in the picture, only to find out for sure 6 months later that my suspicions were correct (he messaged me on facebook wanting to pretend we'd separated earlier than we did so the divorce could be finalised earlier, so he could go & marry this other lady - here in Australia you have to be separated 12 months before you can do the divorce).
 lobo65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:50:53 PM
I took a girl I was dating to Florida one weekend, and spent about 300 bucks on her. The next day she dumped me on Myspace for the world to see. Then blocked my phone call. She finally texted me that no man had ever been so nice to her (she usually dated jerks), and that she didn't know how to handle it.
 grove_22
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:01:27 AM
This doesn't involve me. But I know a couple that was living together. She was away for a week When she got back, he had moved out of the apartment and took all of his possessions.
 viperau
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:46:02 AM
Ive got a doozy, but unfortunatly the back story would take a novel to go though.

But i did have another one back when i was about 20.
Dating for about a year, everything was great.
Got her some flowers one day, thought id surprise her at her work.
Went in to find her pashing some other GIRL. She tells me shes a lesbian, and that its over. I proceed to spend the next 2 hours think "wtf" has just happened.

Funny now, but not so funny at the time.
 chromelove08
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:21:05 AM
Ok Jaimes...That is her loss because I just something to say about that. You are freaking gorgeous and I would be punching other women in their tits to be with you!! Just sayin
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:47:55 PM
My friends now ex-husband showed up with his girlfriend at the hospital to visit after she had given birth to their son. She was devastated.......

My ex gave me the 'its not you, its me' and 'I think I am the type that should be single' bs.
Six months later he married the massage gal from our chiropractor. No wonder he always came home from his massages in such a good mood.
Three years later they are unemployed and addicted to crack. (yoohoo Karma!) This from a guy with a physics degree who was always 'better than me'.
In the end he did me a favor.....
 Maria6868
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:54:05 PM
I just got dumped today. It feels awful. To add insult to injury, I was dumped via a private message on facebook!! Like, are we in high school still or what? This is after dating 4 months, being exclusive, spending lots of our time together, never having an arguement or even exchanging cross words, getting a text last night from him that said Nite, I miss you"....Just boom....three sentences....WOW...I guess I am still in shock. At first I was crushed, now, I am angry! I am seriously thinking I should join the convent and forget this whole dating thing!! Thanks peeps for letting me vent....
 ilovehistory
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:12:53 PM

I just got dumped today. It feels awful. To add insult to injury, I was dumped via a private message on facebook!! Like, are we in high school still or what? This is after dating 4 months, being exclusive, spending lots of our time together, never having an arguement or even exchanging cross words, getting a text last night from him that said Nite, I miss you"....Just boom....three sentences....WOW...I guess I am still in shock. At first I was crushed, now, I am angry! I am seriously thinking I should join the convent and forget this whole dating thing!! Thanks peeps for letting me vent....

Last woman I dated did that too. A friend of hers introduced her to a guy she was friends with, and it turned out this guy had lived across the street from the woman I dated when they were little kids, in 1st grade. Next day, she emails on facebook saying she doesn't want me. No mention of the new guy, but I knew that's why she dumped me, so i emailed her back and told her "No problem, have fun with your new man." She emailed back denying it was for a new guy and saying there was no other man. Well 2 days later, she puts her relationship status as "in relationship with...him". Why women lie like that and then post the truth on the internet is something I will never understand. I'm not that stupid, if I am going to lie, I keep the truth private, lol.

This was a few yrs ago, and she's still with him. He's a loser who has never had a job, has no education, no future..but he plays a guitar! lol
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/14/2013 8:01:05 PM
phone dumped! long term relationship too....easy on his end, amazing how fast you do turn into yesterdays newspaper!
 JoeBnD
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/14/2013 8:54:46 PM
My first true love happened in college. It was a love at first sight from clear across the (big) room and we were each others' first (during that summer). After a year of being together, I proposed and she had to think about it. That winter, I cut my leg skiing (never used safety straps again after that), and while I was laying in bed with 24 stitches (8 of them below the skin) is when she chose to give me her answer of no and that she was accepting the proposal of another student from Russia.
 NtvNtv
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/14/2013 10:33:13 PM
I have never been dumped....I am the one that left the relationship.

My last relationship...together six years...ended three months ago. I decided to tell him I couldn't take his crap anymore so I let him know I was going to pack his clothes and wanted him out. He just sat there ~ he thought I wouldn't follow through (funny...minutes before that he was putting me down). Loaded up both of suitcases and I hauled it to the door and said 'go.' He was shocked and speechless....

: )

:(

curviest
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2013 1:57:26 AM
I had been going out with a man for about two years. He met someone else and started dating her behind my back. He told her about me, and she said that she would not continue to see him until he had finished with me AND got over me. She said that would take about six months, so he was to contact her again in 6 months.

He then came to me, told me all about it, and informed me that we were going to be together for six more months, then he was going to dump me for her.

WTF???
 curviest
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2013 1:59:27 AM
"phone dumped! long term relationship too....easy on his end, amazing how fast you do turn into yesterdays newspaper!"

Yup... I was phone-dumped completely unexpectedly, 8 years into a relationship. I'd seen him that very morning and he was as affectionate and happy with me as he always was... Never had any contact since, so I never found out why.
 remaining_optimistic
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/15/2013 5:40:25 PM
She just disappeared. We were together for a little over 3 years. We met my last year of college, she still had 2 to go. Once we both graduated and had jobs she was transferred out of state only about 3 hours away. The first 3 weeks were fine and I knew it was the time to pop the question went out and got the ring and was supposed to go see her that weekend she called and told me she had to work and not to come. Ok, that i understood what i still dont is the week that followed she just fell off the face of the earth stopped returning calls ect. I finally got a hold of her and she just said its over and that was it after 3 years and and 3 odd weeks of chasing to get an answer. That was 8 years ago and still miss her to this day i would give anything to have her back.
 house_full_of_bullets
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/16/2013 6:59:54 AM

My friends now ex-husband showed up with his girlfriend at the hospital to visit after she had given birth to their son. She was devastated.......

Please tell me you're joking. Please. Because no one could be that big a piece of shit.

Wow.
 lowmiles2
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/16/2013 10:07:52 AM
We recently broke up. On her FB page it always said: in a relationship. I looked the other day and it says "in a relationship" I bet she is just not with me. It was time anyway and we both knew it . She had a back up plan and I didn't.
 ilovehistory
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2013 1:53:02 AM

Please tell me you're joking. Please. Because no one could be that big a piece of shit.

Wow.

Actually, yes, they can. Several politicians have made news for doing similarly awful things. Newt Gingrich served one of his wives with divorce papers when she was in the hospital battling cancer. John McCain left his first wife for another woman after he returned from the Vietnam war to find his wife disabled from an auto accident. There are a couple others but i'm too tired to remember the specifics now at 5am. Anyway, yes there are men who are bigger pieces of shit than the guy who brought his mistress when his wife had a baby.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/17/2013 2:21:44 AM
Over the past several years, dating men from 6 weeks to 7 months----------Dumped: With a text message, "My financial situation is not conducive to continuing a relationship". ( Saw this one coming, couldn't take me with him to his son's, for New Years Day dinner. He hadn't told his family he would bring a guest). Next....received a text message in reply to the picture he sent her, (me and others) of HIM in the shower. He had forwarded the pic to several of us, who were his "one and only". (LOL Nope didn't see that one coming). Next.........an E-mail message of several paragraphs. (Had no idea, from great to zip). Next.... the good ol' fashioned AWOL, dropped off the face of the earth. ( Hand writing on the wall, not the least bit surprised)....LOL, Hmmmm, don'tcha just love modern technology?
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2013 4:48:07 AM
After 15 years of marriage and two children...dumped via email.
 NewYorkFan1
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:42:02 AM
Is there ever a good way to get dumped?
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:54:16 AM
^^^^ How about "Listen, I'm really sorry that we are breaking up. But! On the plus side, I bought you a case of whiskey and rented you a high class hooker for a week. Have Fun!"
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/17/2013 7:09:26 AM
LOL...via text - right after the psycho claimed he was going to end it all because he was no good to anyone and we'd all be better off.

Don't miss that whack job at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >