Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sddude
Msg: 108
view profile
History
What is the worst way you were ever dumped?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
the worst way I was dumped... I was with a girl for a couple of years, her family loved me (they always love me hehehe). One of the times we went out on one of our fun dates, she ended up dancing with a guy who was groping her under her skirt and making out with her, i come up to ask what the "hell" in a quiet nice and firm way and she told me she decided us just to be friends and proceeded to leave to a hotel with the guy, I went home alone and her mom and dad called me on my cell to know why she had not come home yet (they were on speaker phone), at the same time she called me at my house and I also placed her on speaker phone, she asked me to tell her parents that she was with me for a little bit at my house and was asleep, she told me sorry and she was at a hotel with this great new guy and that she would make it up to me, the parents and her duked it out on speaker phone.

i was soo bummed, weeks later she wanted to get back with me and was sorry , years later she still wants to go back .
Bye bye baby
 TOaks91360
Msg: 109
What is the worst way you were ever dumped?
Posted: 12/21/2013 7:38:35 PM
She texted me that her mother was not happy that I paid alimony...
 JoeBnD
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/21/2013 9:34:36 PM

She texted me that her mother was not happy that I paid alimony...

I am sorry dude, but that made me LOL.
 juliettes7
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/22/2013 5:40:52 AM
I used to think it was over the phone, with some insults or some mollifying speech like "I'll never do better than you"/"I still am attracted to you but I don't want to date you right now".
Now "fading" looks pretty good. In fact, I'd prefer not to hash it out in person, mainly because public freak outs or bursting into tears, seems like it would make the person feel worse.
Email I wouldn't mind, if it was a bit detailed, with some possible follow ups. Maybe it's cold but isn't that the point-to disengage...
There is no nice way to disengage, but sparing pain by perhaps being available to answer questions, up to a point might be ok.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/22/2013 12:56:36 PM
One of the times we went out on one of our fun dates, she ended up dancing with a guy who was groping her under her skirt and making out with her, i come up to ask what the "hell" in a quiet nice and firm way and she told me she decided us just to be friends and proceeded to leave to a hotel with the guy

WOW. That has to be the worst. I know you say you were with her for a couple years, but I have to believe that you guys were in a pseudo on-again-off-again situation emotionally (one-sided by her?)... like she'd still be with you because of family attachments and her own attachment, while you were emotionally chasing her most of your 'relationship', and while thinking things were good, it finally broke (in massive insensitive fashion).

Usually those horrible situations occur when a guy thinks he's going out with a girl, they kinda-sorta-are, but not really... he's fine with emotionally chasing her, her heart's not in it but likes the guy attention... the guy becomes a good "Plan B", while she can have her cake & eat it too. And finally at some point, she starts going after c0ck right in front of "her" guy because she's all out of cake. ;)

In other words, not so much a Dumping, but a crude way of nixing the elongated we're-not-Really-dating-but-we'll-see relationship between the two. It's always a lesson that just because you become good friends with some of their close friends or family members, doesn't mean it becomes more of a Relationship -- it can just be a weight for her (or him) to keep ya around when they're not that into you.

And to never spend much time at all in a "not-Really-dating-but-we'll-see" situation with someone, while you're emotionally chasing her, and her position is (allegedly) because she's not totally ready, has issues with ex, blah blah.

If you two were a real couple with no underlying exceptions or caveats -- thru and thru -- and this came out of Nowhere -- I would hardly be "quiet and nice" with her about it. Heck, even if you're in a casual dating situation.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2013 10:35:45 AM
My high school sweetheart dumped me without even telling me, we graduated from High School and went to separate colleges. We never officially broke up nor did we ever discuss it. The schools are only 45 minutes apart so it was more or less an wait and see approach. Anyway after calling her and not getting an answer from her. I look on Facebook and she's in a relationship at first I thought she meant with me(This was before the "I'm in a relationship" with feature) but I look at her pictures and she's posing with some other guy in all of them and they're kissing in one of them. For whatever reason I wasn't mad, it just confirmed it and I started to date and pursue other girls. It was 10 years ago and a lot has changed, I still make fun of her for it and she explained that we hadn't talked for awhile that she just assumed we were done and didn't mean to hurt me which she really didn't.

Another one involves Facebook.
So I've been in a relationship with this girl for nearly a year. A year of which consisted of her falsely accusing me of cheating on her with just about every female I know. Even if there was no basis for it, the female could have texted "Hey babe" to me on the phone and she would freak out and accuse me of having an affair. SHe would go behind my back and check my messages on any social network I'm on. She even accused me of doing something with an ex-GF (another girl who dumped me in an embarrassing fashion) In which to her credit the girl apparently came to my defense, told her that I was a good guy and she had nothing to worry about. Needless to say I got tired of being falsely accused and decided to call it off in which she begged me not too and swore that she could change and that she didn't understand why she felt the way she was feeling and that she really loved me. We stay together for three more weeks. One night I leave her in my room because she wants to check her online class, I go play my videogame in a separate room. She walks in the computer room, looks at me and tells me she wants to go home, shaking her head that we were done. Confused and annoyed, I take her home. During the ride, she goes off on me. Curses at me and yells "Shortcake" over and over again. Literally our convo is this.

Her: SHORTCAKE, SHORTCAKE, SHORTCAKE!
Me: What are you talking about?
Her: SHORTCAKE, SHORTCAKE, I F*CKING SAW IT.
Me: What? Are you f*cking hungry?
Her: I saw the e-mail on Facebook.
Me: What message on Facebook, what the hell are you talking about?
Her (Sobbing): Why do you do this to me? I KNEW, I COULDN'T TRUST YOU.
Me: I'm sorry for whatever I did, I don't know! I don't know what I did.
Her: YOU LIED TO ME AND TOLD ME YOU WERE SICK AND YOU WERE STUDYING! BUT YOU WENT OUT WITH HER, WITH THAT B*TCH.

Needless to say after I awhile when I realize that she betrayed my trust again, I lose my temper and we curse each other out. I even pulled over and we switch seats so that she can drive because I was getting pretty emotional. Her response is that once I calmed down I would realize that she was right.

I go back home and out of curiosity, I check my FB messages, I don't see any messages from this mysterious "Shortcake" chick. I click on page two and I see the message. The girl's nickname is "shortbread" and it's in the middle of her name. Me and this girl a total of two times and she later would reject me in a pretty embarrassing way. So while there was a message, the message was over an year old in fact, 3 months before I met my ex. I looked at it and actually laughed. The message itself is relatively harmless. She's in a modeling troupe that was throwing an 80's party at the college she was going to. It's an all-girls college so she wanted to me to bring some male friends and then me and her could hang out later.

I called her and let her know that she was stupid and the message was from before we met. She wanted to get back together but I told her no. She would try multiple times over the next two years but I stood my ground.
 forums48380
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/26/2013 7:50:45 PM
The worst way was slowly, over weeks.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/27/2013 12:07:19 PM

(doria0819) Arlo troutman
I had to check your age as that was so juvenile a comment I couldnt believe it.

My sparkling and bubbly conversation is not everyone's cuppa, admittedly.

A middle aged man, really???

I'm not 48; I'm 29 with 19 years of experience...

The girls will be hot after you....not.....

Eh, I can't complain...
 patzeej
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2014 9:39:37 AM
Same here...spoke on line several times a day, emailed, and spoke on the phone several times...got along really well....went out on a date a week later... Date was fine...again...got along, conversation flowed...dinner went well. Said he was going on vacation the next week, and could he text, email or call me.. I said sure. When I got home, sent him a message thanking him for dinner, that I was happy to have met him and would look forward to hearing from him again. The next morning, got up and read emails, and got on this site. Checked to see if anything from him. I was dumbfounded...none of the message we had been sending back and forth were there. No proof of our contact. So, being the curious type and not understanding what happened...did the name search. Tried to msg him...and there it was. The jerk had blocked me... not sure why... I guess the thing that gets me is...why no explanation...and how do you force an explanation from someone who has blocked you. It is another lesson learned for me...a perfect gentleman...can be a butthead too...
 rftv1020
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/11/2014 4:58:59 PM
(1) girlfriend: Tried to run over me in a parking lot.

(2) girlfriend: Tried to push me down a flight of stairs.

(3) girlfriend: Came home and all my crap was thrown in the front yard.

(4) Fiance: By e-mail while I was having lunch with my boss and co-workers. Then blocked my e-mail and cell.

lmao pick one. Fecal Happens
 south_city
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/12/2014 9:42:54 AM
One woman did disappearing act. Suddenly stopped returning my calls.
Another woman changed her relationship status on Facebook back to single. The previous day we had talked on the phone. She could have told me then. I found out about the Facebook profile update from a mutual acquaintance.
 TigerNamedtony1222
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2014 1:52:20 PM
My last ex. We dated for 4 years and we had a lot of ups and down, but there was good times. Her parents loved me. It was May 2013 and i was at a buddy's house and i see she checked in to a coffee shop 7 miles away. I'm not jealous, but for her to drive out that far to have coffee is strange. I texted her what was up and she said having coffee. I said with who. She said does it matter? I said no i was just wondering. She let it hit the fan. She replied back she was having coffee with a friend who felt the same way about marriage that she did. Marriage was like a death trap and you spend the rest of your life with someone you really cant stand and have stupid children that prevent you from ever living a good life. I was stunned. I said i dont get it. She replied how i didnt pay her rent ( which i did, I gave her $ monthly), how i took advantage of her parents generosity ( they paid for dinner, and i even offered to pay the dad said no i got it). Basically told me i could stay but only as a roomate. That night i got my stuff out her house and left. Two weeks later she had a new man and 6 months later shes engaged.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/16/2014 2:34:46 PM
^^^

That is not very nice to do, Fonda12. We are only getting one side of the story here.
You then publicly state that you had a second POF profile, your alter-ego "Sally" created, to also contact him.
Having two simultaneous POF dating profiles is against POF rules for sure.

You were seeing this man you named above merely for a FIRST date.
There was nothing unethical about him arranging yet another date with redhead "Sally" for another time.
It is also considered bad form to name bystander POF profile names when making posts. Good luck.
 flaneur001
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2014 2:46:45 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1

Fonda: Going on ONE date does not make someone your boyfriend. It makes him someone you went on one date with!
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2014 2:54:00 PM
It was a pretty bad scene when I was dumped off the Turnip truck.
 Holly63
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/16/2014 8:32:48 PM
My story. Long story short:

Partner of 2 years worked on a fly in fly out basis at a gas plant interstate. 6 hours flight away.
Up to 3 weeks away at a time.
Boxing Day a few years ago he had to leave as usual. He rang me to say he arrived safely.
Two months went by and I heard nothing in spite of my calls and emails asking if he was okay.

I rang his (estranged) sister and she said she finally heard from him only a few days previous and he's not coming back.
"I have his car, his computer, his personal papers, passport, clothes and all his other belongings." I cried.
"He doesn't want any of them. He's running away from debt...yet again....and I want nothing to do with him."
Devastated, I packed his stuff into his car, drove it to his sister's place and neither of us have heard from him since.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/16/2014 9:19:18 PM
Holly63...wow, it takes a special brand of "cold-hearted" to do that to another person.
He might not even be alive to this day and there is no way you would really even know.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/17/2014 10:25:12 AM
? There is a best way? Dumped is dumped.
No matter how slow or quickly it happens, when a person chooses to kick the other to the curb, it sucks either way!
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/21/2014 4:22:43 PM
I guess I can now add recently thru text message
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:04:40 PM

? There is a best way? Dumped is dumped.
No matter how slow or quickly it happens, when a person chooses to kick the other to the curb, it sucks either way!

+1

~OT~ All I've learned in life is pretty simple:
1) He who loves the most has the most to lose;
2) You can't make someone love you just because you love them;
3) Being the leaver is easier than being left.
I know all I need to know so I'm going to start collecting cats. This relationship stuff is just too iffy. I know my cats won't leave cause we have no cat door. Men are sneaky, they have opposible thumbs.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:16:21 PM

OT~ All I've learned in life is pretty simple:
1) He who loves the most has the most to lose;
2) You can't make someone love you just because you love them;
3) Being the leaver is easier than being left.
I know all I need to know so I'm going to start collecting cats. This relationship stuff is just too iffy. I know my cats won't leave cause we have no cat door.

Nice to see you back posting^

1) S/he who loves the most enjoys it more, but yes, suffers more when things go south
2)You can love someone without them loving you the same way back
3)Leavers and the Leavees both suffer in different ways. Neither situation is easy.

Cats can up and leave, too. And often do. They just don't have a FB page to announce their departure. JK ;-)
 easterparadehat
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/25/2014 7:35:41 AM
Old thread, but why would it even exist? Is this a thread so you can try to one up someone else on who was dumped in the worst possible way?
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/26/2014 6:46:56 AM
First her jealous friend pretending to be her with her phone dumped me through text. Twice. And then she dumped me because I was mad at him for doing that to me, loudly, at applebees. And it really made a scene. Because what he does with her phone, to me, is apparently none of my business. She's a single mom with his kid now, and the baby weight never came off, just kept growing, so karma kind of got her back.

And disturbingly it's not the only time it happened. It happened again with a girl that I wasn't exactly dating, but kind of in that thing where you're hanging out but she has no clue where she's going with it yet... I lost a job over that one.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/31/2014 7:38:28 AM
I guess being dumped by silence makes you feel like total garbage but I also know it's a common way to dump in early relationships. It's happened to me and it sucked but I dealt with it.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/11/2014 8:05:39 PM
Mine and his 32 yr old son put me in an ICU step down unit for 3 days after I refused to give a bj and tried to leave... Yes ladies... these lovelies are on the site.
LePew
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >