Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I actually contact customer service?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tito199025
Msg: 77
How do I actually contact customer service?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Photos got deleted for inappropriate behavior I would like to know how can I access all my rights back from pof
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 78
How do I actually contact customer service?
Posted: 12/26/2015 9:21:39 AM
Delete profile, wait 24hrs (at least), and start again from fresh.

ohenryx
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2015 8:37:09 AM
Yesterday, I received the following email from POF.

Dear Ohenryx,

We hope you've enjoyed the full POF experience up until now! We've noticed your membership is set to expire in 7 days. To make sure you continue to have the best chances at finding a relationship, please visit this page to continue your upgraded membership

http://www.pof.com/upgrade.aspx?cta=email&from=renewsub-7day

Remember, here are some of the cool features you get access to as an upgraded member:

-You show up first on Meet Me
-See who wants to Meet You!
-You can see if someone has read or deleted your message
-You can see the date and time someone viewed your profile
-You can send gifts and edit your username
-It increases your chances of meeting someone by 530%!

We're always here to help, so don’t hesitate contact us with any questions or concerns!

http://www.pof.com/HelpCenter/helpcenter_faq.aspx?cu=1

Sincerely,

Markus

I replied to csr@pof.com, saying:

I have been waiting for my paid subscription to expire so that I could cancel my account and start a new one. The reason for that is because I am under a “partial ban” over in the forums. Ms A did that to me, several years ago, and now that you have no moderators in the forums, there is no way to get that resolved (removing the “partial ban”).

I’ll tell you what I’ll do: You remove the partial ban that I have in the forums, and I will renew my paid membership (Upgraded Member status).

How’s that for a deal?

Sincerely,
Henry _____
“ohenryx” on POF

I am interested in seeing if I get any response whatsoever.
 jennj2653
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/10/2016 12:43:11 PM
Hi there when I go to up grad my POF they ask for my email address it says it is in invalid I did many times and I get the message . Also I get tired of putting in my password and userer name every time I get emails how do I put it in permanitly
 SunnyHarmony
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2016 12:11:31 PM
Hi, this is slightly off topic, but I did just use your customer contact email. Thanks.

My problem is this: I found the most perfect guy and I know he would be crazy about me. Hey, confidence counts! Problem is, when I go to message him, flirt or even send a gift, I get a message that says he doesn't accept messages from anyone IN MY COUNTRY. My country is the USA and he lives only about 15 minutes from me. He's an upgraded user and I can't imagine he wouldn't want any contact from anyone in the whole USA. I'm a free user but it doesn't appear that I could contact him even if I upgraded. What can I do to let him know I'm interested?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/19/2016 2:23:52 PM
All I can think of is perhaps he's looking for a "Mail Order Bride" or is intending to move to a particular country in the very near future? Is there anything in his profile which may indicate such?

EDIT: I wasn't aware users can EXCLUDE countries.........
 wondering8549
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/26/2016 6:15:55 AM
I don't know why they promote this as a free site. You do have to pay if you want to be able to see who has viewed your profile, who has said they wanted to meet you. Granted it's not as much as other sites, but nothing in this world is free.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/26/2016 6:52:27 AM
^^^^^ you can send/receive messages for free, and initiate contact....
thus, it is, basically 'free'...........
next?

cherryblosom2
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/30/2016 5:06:01 PM
I `m not new here, I canceled my first profile, because I was on too many other sites that I was more successful at.
However, I decided I would give this another try. ( A woman that is 82 still is active?) Yes I am. I did get a number of emails. I actually was very interested in someone. He did not ask for my private emails address. But I suggested that he could send me a message via my email. I looked for his reply & found my emails to him with my address , I found my message to that person was deleted by POF. I am so wondering how to meet anyone, if those restrictions apply for the staff to delete my email, since there isn`t any rule that you can not give your private email address to anyone. I would like to choose to meet someone & to know him with my email address, not continue to just write someone indefinitely. How are we supposed to meet if not that???? I don`t get involved with the parties or suggested places to meet in groups, etc. I tried to get an answer to this, but can`t find out where someone can get anywhere, expect what they suggest. I sure would like to know why my email was deleted.......Does anyone have any suggestions, any answers -anything?? cherryblosom2
 AussieNancy
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:41:34 PM
Hi cherryblossom.

The site frowns upon the exchange of personal email addresses via messages here; for obvious reasons. Best to give one another your personal details over the phone.

All the best to you.

EDIT: With all due respect (and I sincerely admire your zest for life given your wisdom years) but I'd like to add that the obvious isn't necessarily obvious to some.

The deletion of your message was no doubt to protect you. Protect you from possible scammers who can delve further into your details if they have the "know how." It's also a protection for the recipient if the sender has potential ill intentions.

I hope you know what I mean.
Again, I wish you well.
 robgwinn
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/5/2016 10:37:48 AM
My pd account has been hacked i called and got back on here and nothing has been done, the hackers face is on my pd site as he stole my email too. who can fix this? how do i cancel it...the smuck will has my email info to resign right back up.....hello help me here plz. the account is robbie10173. that guy is not me....others i have written to my face changed to his...now they are scared.
plz stop this guy girl kid ir who ever it is.

ty
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/5/2016 12:02:41 PM
Get your credit provider to cancel payment to POF,
Start again with a free account (after deleting what you can).
That's about it....POF don't give a sh*t about their members-
(sad, but true)

piptails2
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2016 10:37:23 AM
I have sent pof countless messages reporting a user who was violent. They have done nothing. I want to warn other women, and it's irresponsible that they have done nothing. Given what happened in the news re match.com, I think they need to address this
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/3/2016 11:20:14 AM
^^^^^ ummm
This is your allegation - true or not,
it's still 'just' an allegation.....
can you not see the problem with this?

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I actually contact customer service?