Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE (inc      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 196
NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE (incl. subject lines & blocking issues) Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

My understanding is that without a custom subject line, there is absolutely no way to distinguish a given message from the 50 to 100 spam messages woman receives upon setting up an account on POF within day 1 to 2....

Some girls may get a ton of messages but they are all from guys like you and me, who are interested in her and thing we may have a shot and not spam.

So now she "must" open them to see what is inside, where before she may read some cheesy subject line and just delete on the spot.

Sounds like it means that you now have a better chance of getting your message read.

That said, she could still look at our profiles and not even bother and a clever subject line will never change that.
 windfeet
Msg: 197
view profile
History
no subject = no responses
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:06:13 AM
As of today, the default subject line (which can no longer be changed by the user) is still being displayed with messages sent via browser GUI. Android app sends default subject of 'Hi'.

This seems like an issue affecting a large majority of users. Is the grand high site developer addressing this? From a user's perspective, it sure doesn't seem like it.

Maybe have threaded messaging tested and running before eliminating legacy functions?!?!
 ole1kanobe
Msg: 198
no subject = no responses
Posted: 2/27/2012 7:35:09 AM

Maybe have threaded messaging tested and running before eliminating legacy functions?!?!

This is one of the reasons I have decided to not join POF as a paying member, over the years when things get changed, there seems to be little to no public side testing of the changes, they just flip the switch and hold on for the ride. I can obviously get this kind of effect for free, I'm surely not going to pay for a service that may become unappealing, unstable or borderline unusable with no notice.
IMO, it would be better to have users allowed to opt-in for major changes as a testing group versus just making the change and being silent when the changes don't go as planned.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 199
view profile
History
why am i not able to go to my inbox for messages
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:04:30 PM
Now that's an idea I've long wanted - have the e-mail notifications carry th subject line!

Of course, first we have to HAVE a subject line...

Perhaps Markus (the guy who does almost everything on the site by himself) is too busy because of the dead-soldier-picture lawsuit (photo continued to be shown, causing family grief). Give him a bit of time.
ED BEAR
 cnbmisxx
Msg: 200
Inbox subject lines all say view message
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:23:11 PM
While I understand going to a different messaging format -- the one issue that remains unresolved is that my old "default" subject line for messages is still being placed on my outgoing messages, without giving me any facility to change it, either at time of message generation or in mail settings.

Please either NULL those fields from the database, or restore a link under settings to allow users to update that subject line. At least with this, we'd be ok until the different messaging format is fully deployed.

I tested this again tonight, and it's still happening -- I'm not sure if my recipient sees the subject line in inbox, but *I* see it when I view the message from my "sent messages" section.

Thank you for any mods you can make to address this issue...
Chris
 cnbmisxx
Msg: 201
Static messaging subject - need ability to change setting
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:27:09 PM
Sorry to double-post, but I noticed that when I go and view the message I sent tonight, it has, at the bottom, dialog fields to send another message -- and whaddyaknow -- the subject line can be changed on subsequent messages.

Not sure how it looks from the recipient end, still, but thought it worth mentioning here.
 317Legend
Msg: 202
NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE (incl. subject lines & blocking issues)
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:27:52 AM
y when i view profiles now of ( woman ) guys show up at the top now, and never did before ? wtf
 Troy4loyalgrl
Msg: 203
Inbox subject lines all say View Message
Posted: 5/3/2012 10:14:12 PM
they would lose more than half.........99 .9 percent would leave. the site would be no more.
 Troy4loyalgrl
Msg: 204
Posted: 5/3/2012 10:15:49 PM
if you have to pay to see your message.... I also have a 401 code and can't check my messages
 Lucky60073
Msg: 205
NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE (incl. subject lines & blocking issues)
Posted: 5/3/2012 10:26:46 PM
I cant access my inbox whats up? says Im unauthorized.. what the hell!!
 PRCasper27
Msg: 206
Posted: 2/12/2013 1:19:14 AM
So It's been close to a year now, since they stopped allowing us to add a subject to our messages.........I wanted to know if they would ever consider adding that option back, since so many POF'ers seem to want it back.........any feedback to this question/addition?............
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE (incl. subject lines & blocking issues)