Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 liziness
Msg: 95
view profile
History
NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I don't like this new system showing all your conversations. If you're going to do it
this way, put the newest message first. This is frustrating. I hate it!!!!!!!
 Aries_328
Msg: 99
view profile
History
NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE
Posted: 1/15/2012 8:03:01 PM

it's glitching bad and all the subject lines says "view message".

That isn't a glitch. That is the new 'it.'
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 102
Inbox subject lines all say view message
Posted: 1/15/2012 11:30:08 PM
Threaded messages are the greatest. There are times when I send a note to someone and either they don't reply quickly or I'm offline for hours or days. They answer and I don't have a clue what they're referring too.

I agree.

It would be nice if the newest correspondance was at the top though. (I also vote for that)

Being able to see a headline of the message makes a TON of difference to readers, and those who send thoughtful messages. (Betcha that goes to the upgrades) <--Good business plan.

I'll send ya the bill later. ;)

What I hate most about the new message format is that I dont have 5 of new ones from girls I want to date. <---THATS something we need to change Bigfish. ;P
 TheCritic
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/16/2012 12:26:20 AM
GET RID OF THE "VIEW MESSAGE"
 jbiagio
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:35:49 AM
The new thread would be fine if it showed the newest mesage at the top instead of the bottom
 Ed Bear
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 12:00:18 PM
I've waited to see what becomes of the latest changes and screwups. (Hey - where did all our other photos go? And the Report Photo?)

(NOTE: "Glitch" refers to a rare, unrepeatable, minor problem. A consistent or intentional failure is NOT a "glitch!" It's a BUG or a SNAFU!)

As an online e-mail user for over 30 years, I am not reacting simply against change - I have some very well developed ideas on how I find things easy to use. One of those is HATING threaded messages, because it confuses my efforts to keep everything in chronological perspective and knowing where to start reading again! I avoided BBSes, and now avoid e-mail services, that only provide threaded views. MOST now let a user choose their view.

Now, we already HAD the option to view messages from only a single user - why not just have Inbox, Outbox and All Messages views? Frankly, I like having in and out in the same sequence, but not separated users. I was in the habit of keeping two tabs open, one each for Inbox and Outbox.

Similarly, I prefer messages in a top-to-bottom format - others don't. Why not just have a user setting for Newest First/Oldest First? It's not at all hard - there's a single place in the algorithm for sorting messages, I expect. Default either way, so you don't need to tell everyone to make a new profile item. Just have an ascending/descending box and store the entry.

The lack of titles is insane - even harder to figure out what you've read, replied to or whatever. Is this really a feature, not a bug?

FINALLY - how about finishing the design and testing it on a model system before torpedoing the whole system for what will likely be weeks?

ED BEAR
 BETMMM
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/16/2012 8:32:53 PM
This is not cool to have to see all messages from someone from way back..BS..and a box pops up saying it is unsafe and will make your computer unresponsive..stop this !!!
 BETMMM
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/16/2012 8:51:29 PM
Geeezzzz.. this looks like some governor Perry would do to help him remember what he said..this is terrible POF
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 119
revoke picture uploading rights
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:46:06 PM
This is fine if you want to send a short message.

If you want to send a longer message it is difficult to scroll back up to the top to see it.

I am visual and I like to see all of it ... not just a few lines.

Increase the box size.

Also I am not fond of having to scroll to the bottom to get to the message.

Reverse the order as suggested by Trapped.
 BETMMM
Msg: 120
NEW Inbox Format - POST ALL ISSUES HERE (including email blocking issues)
Posted: 1/17/2012 4:31:19 PM
Well Heck this is just pure BS the way you people have the messages set up now it is aggrovating to have to look at messages again after talking to someone for a while.. if it is not changed i will delete POF and stay with ..same people are there too and IT IS FREE.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:59:08 PM
^^^

I'm getting the same thing.
 somethingmoreinhfx
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/18/2012 5:18:46 AM
I couldn't agree more, this new format is maddening! I also can't reply to a message anymore, all I can do is send a quick reply. So if I want to attach a picture or gift, how am I supposed to do that while replying?
 DrStuman328
Msg: 127
Inbox subject lines all say View Message- RIDICULOUS!!!!
Posted: 1/18/2012 2:38:05 PM
this new email style is ATROCIOUS, HATE IT. subject line DEFINITELY helps people determine whether they might open an email or not; I cannot imagine for the life of me that haters ruin any measurable percentage of people's day with obscene or otherwise unwanted subject lines. Marcus must be hoping that this increases the "unread deleted"'s to save room on his servers. TERRIBLE "IMPROVEMENT," JUST LIKE TAKING SOUND AWAY FROM CHATS... FEELS LIKE WE'RE BACK IN THE 90's TRYING TO CONSERVE BYTES.

I'm hoping this is just a glitch in the system and not that we're switching to this format. I also dont need to see my entire email history with someone, THATS WHAT THE "VIEW MESSAGES" BUTTON WAS FOR.
 happybutlonely
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/18/2012 3:31:27 PM
All I know is that this new message format is horrible! It actually causes my computer to freeze everytime i try to view a message. I hate it. I wish things would go back to usual. It has cut the time i spend on pof by about 80 %. Cant get a date if i cant read the messages!
 Dash Of Panache
Msg: 130
view profile
History
NEW Inbox Format - forum msgs STILL have subject line - WHY NOT EMAILS!?!?
Posted: 1/18/2012 6:11:29 PM
Blinding Flash of the Obvious and Riddle me this #1 -- Gee, why do the forum messages still have a subject line (seeing as how the powers-that-be deem them unnecessary?)

Riddle me this #2 -- Why bother to even HAVE the subject line box on the sendmessage page if no one is going to be able to see it?
 newhereto
Msg: 133
Inbox subject lines all say View Message
Posted: 1/19/2012 6:40:29 AM
I've never felt strongly enough about past degradations in the service before to post here but this one pushed me past the tipping point.

You have taken a perfectly functional and easy to use system and "improved" it to the point that it is simply frustrating. While the list order is annoying, the loss of the subject line is beyond ridiculous.

If you want to improve the mail system, give us a way to forward messages to a personal address. Then you can reduce the unreasonable 20 day and delete limit even further.

This mindless tinkering with the site without first soliciting feedback should just stop.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:59:01 AM
The view message chat list order should be reverses, last message on top of page. And the text box could be moved to the top of page as well(if it makes sense). Currently, the user has to scroll to the bottom to see what was written.
 jdawg4876
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:17:43 PM
my messages say sent but when I go to the sent tab my messages are not there
 Rileydog01
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2012 7:33:46 PM
I cannot read my messages.. they do not appear when I click on them..
 its4life
Msg: 143
view profile
History
New email format is terrible!!!
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:23:34 AM
New email format is terrible!!! Why won't the site quit fixing what wasn't broke!!! The subject line not only help draw attention to MY message but it also helped the ladies in whether they wanted to read it or not!!! I don't know about others but some of the ladies I have been in contact with that don't even come to these forums say the site is getting so horrible that they are moving to other dating sites, which in turn cuts down the chances of my meeting someone so guess I will be moving with the ladies... Horrible that they keep changing only to be worse!!!!!
 liswil
Msg: 148
 newhereto
Msg: 152
Inbox subject lines all say View Message
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:36:55 AM
While not 100% of the comments have been negative, the overwhelming majority of the comments have been negative.

I'm sure that this site is now a pretty low priority for Big Fish. After all, it has been almost a week and the system seems to be getting worse, not better and he hasn't commented in this thread since Jan 14th. Seems to have lost interest in our concerns.

Last I heard he was making $10 million a year. You would think he could put these kinds of changes before a focus group before dumping them on the users. Yea, I know, it's a free service. Don't complain. But that 10 mil only keeps coming in if the users keep clicking pages.
 ccjust4fun
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/22/2012 12:11:17 PM
Has POF became a pay sight? I can't get my inbox, search due to a box blocking them....
 distinctive
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:21:38 PM
Remember the primary motto of Engineers..

"If it aint broke, dont fix it!!"

,or is thart the secondary motto.. I think the primary motto is..
"if it aint broke, then drink beer".. but you get the message..
It wasnt broken to begoin with!!
 j-m-f
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:43:30 PM
Definitely agree Miss Allison they need to at least leave the subject for POF Events. They just blend in with the other messages.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >