Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lionessx
Msg: 20
Getting fit and healthyPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

It needs to be FUN. Dancing is great..

When Dancing With The Stars is on and these two names come to mind Joey Fatone and Marie Osmond lost the pounds when they became participants on that show.

You use every part of your body and it helps with co-ordination too.

Don't go beating yourself PinkLady treat yourself like a very good friend especially on those days when you don't exercise.
 JustAGoodWomanInLouisvill
Msg: 21
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 1/16/2012 7:10:02 AM
The community center where I live has a tread mill, elipical machine, a sit down bike, and a bow flex machine. It is free. You just have to sign a waiever saying you won't sue if you get hurt. I go there at least 4 times a week when I can. I am border line high cholosterol so excerising helps that. Plus I have been smoke free now for 2 years. Even though I can't taste or smell any more I still eat what I used too and don't eat what I used too. My kids laugh at me because I have change the name to chocolate, ice cream and cheese cake too booty food. If it would only go to my butt I would be a happy camper but I can dream. What is sad is I cook more now then what I used to since I am not as busy and it is more of a challenge since I can't taste or smell.
 JustAGoodWomanInLouisvill
Msg: 24
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 1/19/2012 5:05:17 AM
I have heard of that. I think I will try that eating smaller amounts through out the day instead of eating 3 meals a day.
 Della D
Msg: 26
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 1/26/2012 4:57:13 PM
I've always been the very active type, done different kinds of exercises all my life, and if I can not exercise for more than a couple of days I simply do not feel good in my own skin. Always hearing from people they wish they had my discipline........... it's not discipline, its an actual urge for me.

And the reward, that feeling after a strenuous exercise session.......... wow, muscles taught, body loose, pumped up with endorphins and adrenalin ........ that's highly addictive.

IMHO most of it is in the head. Once you get over the initial phase and to the point where your body literally asks you to exercise, it is no longer a burden or chore for you, but an enjoyable activity you will crave.

Find a gym where they offer lots of different classes, like step aerobics, kick boxing, body sculpt, classic aerobics, spinning, boot camp, so that you can do every day something different so it won't get boring.

And if you work out on your own, copy some pumping tunes tunes on your mp4 player.
 Innatelypassionate1
Msg: 30
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 2/25/2012 3:52:37 PM
I think joining a gym is a great way to force myself to exercize. I just pack my gear and have a routine of going every morning before work 3x a week. By the time I physically get my body to the gym I have no choice but to work out.

I also feel that since it feels so good physically that I've actually gotten addicted to it and it is such a large part of my life and such a routine that I dont stray for long from the exercize path.

I bought a treadmill for my home as well..that helps. Cause now I can watch tv or whatever as I walk jog etc.
 gagn1
Msg: 31
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:02:46 AM
We are instinctively creators of habit so if you make it a habit to work out then you will later feel like something is missing if you don't exercise.
You find it hard to motivate your self cause you need to break other habits in order to make exercising a habit. So it is best to do it at the same time on the same day.
 opalshine
Msg: 32
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:57:26 PM
To inspire myself and make sure I get to the gym I schedule exercise in my calendar. I go right after work and do not stop home first. If it is he weekend I get up and get to the gym before I go anything else to sidetrack my efforts. It is hard to to keep up the health and exercise routine but I make it a priority in my life and that makes it easier. I had a personal trainer once that told me if this was easy everyone would do it.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 8/5/2013 4:00:23 AM
If you are just looking into exercise to get "fit and healthy". It wont work if you need to lose more than a few cosmetic pounds and you need have a reasonable amount of free me time and patience.

What does or doesn't go into your mouth as fuel ( food/drinks) matters the most in weight management/loss.

Your own level ( what you can control) of health/fitness is a combination of exercise, food management and lifestyle habits.
 Lankyyankee
Msg: 34
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 8/5/2013 8:34:51 AM
Find something you like to do and get in better shape for it. I didn't like to exercise until I started practicing martial arts. I run, cycle and lift weights to get in shape for that.
 aquila75
Msg: 35
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 8/9/2013 11:55:32 PM
It sounds like you need to give up on the dvd and find something you actually enjoy doing; swimming, hiking, whatever
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 36
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 8/11/2013 10:27:04 PM
^^^I second that. .it's a lot easier to find something that you like doing, so it doesn't seem like exercise. And like another poster was saying, find something that you need to stay in shape for. . I'm still trying to find the one thing I would do on a regular basis. In warmer weather, there's kayaking, but obviously, not year round. (I belong to meetup groups that kayak, don't have a kayak yet)
If you haven't yet found something you like doing, remind yourself of how much better you'll feel after exercising. Never have left the gym wishing I didn't go.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Getting fit and healthy
Posted: 8/12/2013 3:27:08 AM
Agree exercise should be fun, but a gym or class setting can be.

I feel like the gym is a form of therapy. It gets things off my mind

This is very true for a lot of us.
Seeing familiar faces and good music is fun even if you cant do a lot physically yet or for injury reasons at least you are up and getting something out of it.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >