Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How would you react if you were on a date, he picked you up and then      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 26
How would you react if you were on a date, he picked you up and then took you somewhere and left youPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
What if her car was broke and he wanted to take her bowling...she should refuse the date and him picking her up. Well if you talked for a long time and you know by then if you could trust the person, but din't know he was this much of an a hole to do this...He should of taken her home

Some very experienced Forumites are sorry that had to happen to you... IF that is your very first time??
Consider it a wake-up call... Get you car fixed and DRIVE YOURSELF! Or pick a local place you can walk to. I've chosen to walk home alone before, even 4 miles at night.

There is a whole spectrum of events that can happen on a "first MEET date", especially when you have just been "texting" with someone and haven't ever actually met IRL even at a social group event where mutual acquaintances are...

For best results go to your local special interest social groups and make friends there, not just continue trying to entice single guys online with pics of planes and an attitude that may get you into more trouble...
 Maleman999
Msg: 27
How would you react if you were on a date, he picked you up and then took you somewhere and left you
Posted: 1/11/2012 6:50:38 PM
A guy at the place they were at noticed what happened and felt bad and gave her a ride....

So after being dumped at the bar, a guy who is even more of a stranger offers to give her a ride home and she accepts the offer. I think that's more scary than the ride to the place, especially when she was in an area she wasn't familiar with. Now two guys who are basically strangers knows where she lives. Is this friend an adrenalin junkie?
 lauramae18
Msg: 28
How would you react if you were on a date, he picked you up and then took you somewhere and left you
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:04:34 PM
I never have a date pick me up. I'll meet ya there!
 Paderic
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:06:51 PM

you're making just as broad, though somewhat more complimentary, a generalization.

Well, I was going for irony...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:15:19 PM
People wonder why I take my own car on meets and at least the first three dates. Nothing like having a person you're not attracted to or interested in stuck with you permanently for a couple hours.
 Cholayna
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:31:02 PM
Is this really a serious question?

Sounds more like OP got dumped in the middle of a date and is venting. Problem is, she should be berating herself, not men.
 Canubetrue
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:32:37 PM
It din't happen to me dude...A girl walking late by herself thats even scary yet.. I don't plan on meeting anyone. For the most I go out with my friends. But some have sparked some interest....I can tell your a womanizer. You never have anything nice to say....If you can't say anything nice that makes any sense, keep your mouth shut and to yourself....Yes, my friends pick me up on planes, so what, big deal, they love me and my**** little attitude....you jealous
 Canubetrue
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:35:59 PM
I could care what you think....I am just addressing dating issues. Thats why its here right.....I don't get myself in those situations. I have never heard of a woman doing this ever....so yes, its mainly the boys that do this....they are not men. a real man would not do anything like this. Not any I have gone out with, I am selective of who I pick...Bet you've been there though
 MaccaFan
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:44:00 PM
If I read this correctly, your friend let a stranger come to her home and pick her up for a first date-THEN someone at the bar saw what happened and drove her home?
So she got into 2 cars with men she did not know, in one night?

Please tell me I misread your post.....
 Canubetrue
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:47:38 PM
Dude I don't run off with anyone...None of these people impress me. You all are jump to assumptions...Well let me ask you. What are you doing on this thing? How many pple have met up with a car or not and went home with him, I bet alot have gone home with a complete stranger, more than you know.....You people are not real...I have no intentions on meeting anyone on this thing again.....Especially how I have read how other react, I am not impressed....I will meet mine through friends. I did my first and we spent many wonderful years together and he has never acted like any of these men on here and hell the woman are just as bad...No wonder why they get the bad. Take a look at yourselves, what a shame
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:07:46 PM
I'd make damn good and sure that if I were to let someone pick me up and take me somewhere new that I had never been to before, to have enough money in my fricken pocket to get my ass home and not have to rely on strangers to do so.

I do like your topics though. Too bad you ruin them with your commentary after the fact.
 Canubetrue
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:27:51 PM
I haven't ruin anything.....She had money who said she din't? Another thing the person invited her over to their group of friends and thought it was terrible for anyone to do that, they were good people, that looked after her and they brought her home safely....Unfortunately, not to many on here would probably be that nice....thats why I stay clear and half that want to meet up I don't and have blocked them.....A person told me they have picked up alot of woman and have driven back to their place. Makes you wonder how many have. I am sure quite a few.
 Pinky127
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:51:34 AM

If I read this correctly, your friend let a stranger come to her home and pick her up for a first date-THEN someone at the bar saw what happened and drove her home?
So she got into 2 cars with men she did not know, in one night?

^^^^ I was thinking the same thing.
Op,your friend is an IDIOT.
She's just lucky she's alive to tell the tale and i dont know why you're gettin' your nickers in a twist??
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:08:42 AM
She left some guy she never met before pick her up?
And she is complaining?
She walked right into the door of stupidity!!!
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:15:37 AM
Cholayna!!
I think your right
OP got dumped in the middle of a date
She sure is defensive she needs a chill pill.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:30:22 AM
If my daughter got herself into a situation like this, I would be pretty angry with her. There were a number of things your friend could have done differently but that is the wonder of hindsight isn't it?

What that guy did was inexcusable. I don't care how badly a date behaves (short of being homicidal of course) if you pick her up, you take her home safely. That is shocking.

How could someone that self-centered fool your friend for months? I'm surprised this guy would have waited that long.

Stories like this are good for reminding everyone to be more careful.

For example:
Don't ever get a ride for a first date.
Don't let your ride pick you up at your home.
Meet someplace you know well, where people know you.
Always have the means to get yourself home quickly.
Let someone know who you are with and where you are going.
 Former_Yamaha650_Rider
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/12/2012 4:14:49 AM
This is hilarious!

People!
Some of you need to learn how to read better. The story was not about OP. It was about her friend. It's clearly stated in the first sentence of her tale. How can you have missed that?
That said, there is no need to scold OP even if it had been her story. She was sharing a story in a section made for sharing them. She didn't ask for advice or to be berated.

Stop making things out to be what they are not. You don't know the full story. You don't know her friend. You don't know if this was her first date in a long time and that she has not followed the lowering of people's attitudes towards each other. You're only showing your own ignorance by jumping on her.

OP, Sorry this happend to your friend and that she took it so hard.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 4:21:28 AM

Another thing the person invited her over to their group of friends and thought it was terrible for anyone to do that, they were good people, that looked after her and they brought her home safely.

that isn't what you said a few posts back.

funny how your stories become more and more detailed and fantastical with every post you make.
 911love
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/12/2012 4:50:55 AM
and yet another thread that has gone down in flames with posters who are only on the fourms to berate the op. those posters have nothing better to do, and it makes them feel better about their own dull uneventful lives!

and if i was left i would have called some friends and partied like it was 12/21/12!
 KatWing123
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/12/2012 8:26:55 AM
OP is a story changer! Awesome.

But, the premise of the thread is interesting. ALWAYS have a get-away car at your disposal! I would never put myself in that position to begin with because you have to be mindful of several baaaaaad things that could happen. Be smart ladies and gentlemen! Smart daters = *mostly* sane daters.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:04:03 AM
I understand the original post and can see the obvious
lessons to be learned, ie never agree to a ride on a first
date, make the first date someplace you're familiar with,
always have a back up plan, etc.

I think the other important lesson that can be learned from
this thread (as well as others), never drink/take drugs and type.

lovefun99
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:00:40 AM

What if her car was broke and he wanted to take her bowling

Maybe she could ride a moped to the date.....
 HTP1966
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:29:25 PM

What if her car was broke and he wanted to take her bowling

Maybe she could ride a moped to the date.....

^^^LMFAO!!!^^

Oh no you din't!!
 ToThySelf
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:38:25 PM
Is it better to be old school or use common sense safety in today's day and age? If you have to figure that one out then well ...
 Maleman999
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/12/2012 7:53:09 PM
I think there's more to the story than what's being told here (on POF Forums? Never). I find it hard to believe that a guy would take a girl on a date, pick up another woman and ditch the date, and leave the girl stranded in a bar in an area she's not familiar with. They must've had a big fight or something for that to happen. If a guy wasn't pleased with the date, he would've taken her home and either gone back to the bar or get the other girl's phone number before leaving and contact her afterwards. The story does not compute.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How would you react if you were on a date, he picked you up and then took you somewhere and left you