Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > paying for dinner      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 needyone
Msg: 58
paying for dinnerPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
boy its fun to read as every one dances around the questions on here
from experience
#1 the male ends up with the bill period 98 percent of the time
and look at the answers sometimes the lady will offer to pay her part lol trust me its usually after the bill is delivered and handed to the male and he has his wallet out and card ready and she will say ohhh would you llike me to pay some hah ah ha
She will offer to pay the tip ??
she will maybe cook you a meal mmmm
usually that is a single mother not wanting to pay for a sitter
how often have the guys seen ( and not unicorn seen)
what percentage of times when you have gone on a date
has your female date taken you out and picked up the bill ahead of you ( not sort of half haeartedly offering when you have the bill in your hand)
i am older and i watch it all the time and i have to almost hold my mouth stapled shut as i watch the female sort of look at the bill or go to the washroom when the meal is done so as to avoid the bill or wait till he picks it up then sort of goes would you like me to help pay??
ha ha ya
 Breagainandagain
Msg: 59
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:50:29 PM
I don't know why some women expect guys to pay for everything all the time. I think thats rude and inconsiderate. If I go out to eat with my friends I pay my own way and if it's a b/f we can either go dutch or split the check or take turns. does it make you wonder if the only reason you were invited was because she figured you'd pay the bill and she's get a free night out?
 SC67
Msg: 60
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:14:58 PM

how often have the guys seen ( and not unicorn seen)
what percentage of times when you have gone on a date
has your female date taken you out and picked up the bill ahead of you ( not sort of half haeartedly offering when you have the bill in your hand)

I am one who prefers the man to pay, especially if we've just started dating, he's asked for the date, picked the venue, etc. However, after the "going dutch" thread I tried doing it differently, wondering if my traditional way of doing things was standing in the way of connecting with a more modern Mr. Right. First time I asked for separate checks. Guy looked like I'd slapped him across the face. I thought I was being smoother the next time. The check came, he got up & went to the bathroom. I put $ in the folder thing, but he came back before the waitress picked it up. He sat down, pulled out his card, opened the folder, looked confused & asked me why I would do that. I said I didn't mind paying. He said that was not needed or expected and he was happy to pay for both of us & handed my $ back to me. So...I've stopped trying to date. I obviously have no idea what I'm doing.

does it make you wonder if the only reason you were invited was because she figured you'd pay the bill and she's get a free night out?

What grown woman has so much time on her hands that she's willing to go out with someone she doesn't like just to have a free meal? Yawn...I am tired of & bored with being looked at like I'm crazy for offering to pay & thought of as a golddigger w/ princess entitlement if I don't.
 needyone
Msg: 61
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:22:26 PM
well the three reponses all said what i was saying
and yes if i invited a lady out for a date i would expect I was paying for it
but not one of you said you just politely pciked up the check for both of you and just went and paid for it
It really is not important it was just an observation and i have asked woman i know and they responded the same way Well I have offered and the group of 6 women all started to laugh because they all said they had not paid a bill other then very rarely
and that was so they could pay their share and get to hell out one even said she paid the whole bill and almost ran
but they all did agree that they had never just reached over picked the bill up and paid it without saying anything or giving the date a chance and all of them had been on many dates
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 62
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:24:36 AM

She invited you so she pays, its as simple as that.

The first date we had, he paid for everything. With the second date, I asked him if he wanted to go out for dinner and paid for the meal while he took care of the tip.

He did comment how no women has paid when he goes out with them. This comment made me question if I should have gone dutch instead or allow him to pay for it and I leave the tip.

I just don't know anymore at this point what the 'rules' are; yes, they're plenty of threads on this topic and I'll weed thru them to get myself updated on subject.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 63
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/11/2013 11:27:40 AM
was going out with friends or in a group I would give him some money before we went to cover my night so it looked like he was paying.

Smart girl ;)
 Archangel_07
Msg: 64
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/11/2013 12:13:49 PM
My bf said to me our last date he would like me to get dinner and I said ok. He was straight forward and said it just like that. I didn't take offense and I knew he had taken me out to nice places, so it is very fair.
---------------------------
What she said. And that is very fair, OP you have taken her out on 3 dates in one month, she should be contributing also.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 65
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/11/2013 12:18:31 PM
lol just tell her you don't have enough money. I don't think thats a big deal.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 66
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/11/2013 12:37:35 PM
Take a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with you and then when the menus arrive, just say "I'm just not that hungry" then excuse yourself to get some fresh air or something and wolf down the sandwich. Return, repeat, if you brought some dessert.
 curviest
Msg: 67
view profile
History
paying for dinner
Posted: 2/11/2013 12:41:00 PM
"In a very caring tone, just ask if she can really afford to take you out to dinner and treat the friend for her birthday too. B/c you appreciate the invite but would be happy to sit it out if she doesn't have the money to cover it all. Then you'll have your answer (and some insight into her expectations and character)."

GENIUS!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > paying for dinner