Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Revilors
Msg: 251
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban FighterPage 11 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
It's simply my opinion the given the government has spent so much money to recruit and train these young men (probably half a million a pop) and given a little bit of understanding...that the first practical solution is to salvage their military career and their future. Never have I suggested they get off scott free or awarded a medal for what they did.

But...why not. We throw away our diapers, our marriages and butane lighters...what's the lives and future of four six brave young men that fvcked up.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 252
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/21/2012 4:57:19 AM

But...why not. We throw away our diapers, our marriages and butane lighters...what's the lives and future of four six brave young men that fvcked up.

You mean that they won't be able to work in the future? Or are you saying that marines are entitled to have jobs full of perks in the military or other high paying jobs that regular citizens can't have access to?

As far as I am concerned, their future is right ahead of them. They can work like anyone else. There are plenty of jobs available to hard-working Americans in landscaping, construction, and a whole lot of other fields. Ex-Marines can do any kind of work they are qualified to do. I personally know two ex-Marines that have distributing newspapers to stores at night for many years. Great guys with a very good sense of humor.
 Revilors
Msg: 253
Posted: 1/21/2012 5:10:49 AM

You mean that they won't be able to work in the future? Or are you saying that marines are entitled to have jobs full of perks in the military or other high paying jobs that regular citizens can't have access to?

In case you weren't paying attention...some were advocating prison. Prison, criminal records and dishonorable discharges are all likely to negatively affect their future. Wouldn't you agree?
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 254
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:22:07 AM
The punishment will likely fit the crime. And since those who were caught murdering for fun and taking grisly trophies got light sentences comparably to what they would have gotten stateside their sentences will be light also.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 255
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:33:07 AM

In case you weren't paying attention...some were advocating prison. Prison, criminal records and dishonorable discharges are all likely to negatively affect their future. Wouldn't you agree

That kind of pusnishment will only have an effect on those cushy jobs with lots of perks that I mentioned. That doesn't mean that there won't be lots of jobs for them in the private sector. If they want to stay in the job of killing people without having to face serious consequences they can join the criminal enterprise that used to go by the name of Blackwater. They better go in with their eyes wide open. I have read that they use people but they don't like to pay them what they offer them to lure them in. I'm pretty sure that the ex-Blackwater employers (I think that they now go by Academi now, after being named XE Services, L.L.C. for a while) won't mind if they piss on the corpses of those they kill.
 cotter
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 10:17:21 AM

... some were advocating prison.
Yes ... for pulling a dumb stunt like that ... endangering all the NATO forces ... they need to do some time.

Prison, criminal records and dishonorable discharges are all likely to negatively affect their future. Wouldn't you agree?
You do the crime, you do the time. Doing a little time might give them some time to think about what they did? Maybe they'll even learn to think past the end of their nose then.

It almost sounds like some are indicating that these twerps who are over there pulling these idiotic and ignorant stunts should be given some sort of immunity. So should we give these low-minded jerks a license to kill and desecrate dead bodies without any consequence?
 matchlight
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:08:01 AM

And since those who were caught murdering for fun and taking grisly trophies

Do you have any evidence for that, or is it just another product of your imagination?

maybe cut off the head & shrink it & keep as a trophy to bring back home?

Maybe. The jihadist savages who followed Mohammed Ahmed, the self-proclaimed Muslim "Mahdi," had cut off the head of General Gordon after taking Khartoum from his forces in 1885. After parading the head around town on a pike, they propped it up so the public could desecrate it.

But in 1898, another British force under General Kitchener took its revenge. After it crushed the Mahdists for good at Omdurman, Kitchener had the Mahdi's tomb destroyed and his bones thrown into the Nile. All but his skull, that is--which Kitchener carried back in a kerosene can and kept as a trophy. But of course the British have always been notorious for their uncivilized, barbaric ways.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 258
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:30:37 AM

forces in 1885. After parading the head around town on a pike, they propped it up so the public could desecrate it.

But in 1898, another British force under General Kitchener took its revenge.
forces in 1885. After parading the head around town on a pike, they propped it up so the public could desecrate it.

But in 1898, another British force under General Kitchener took its revenge.

some would like to think humans had 'evolved' somewhat in the past 114 years-- likely only wishful thinking, though.

if using the historical approach, that something ever happened means it is fine forevermore, slavery should be acceptable in the US as well, it was aro8und only a few more years in the past from what you report ( from 1885)
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 259
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:21:06 PM

And since those who were caught murdering for fun and taking grisly trophies

Do you have any evidence for that, or is it just another product of your imagination?

Enter: " grisly war trophies from Afghanistan" into your search engine.

Also look up "On The Dark Side In Al Doura" It would seem that war atrocities were state sanctioned by no other than Darth Cheney when he insisted that the US must go on the dark side and even ignore the Geneva Conventions.
 cotter
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:26:44 PM
if using the historical approach, that something ever happened means it is fine forevermore, slavery should be acceptable in the US as well, it was aro8und only a few more years in the past from what you report ( from 1885)
Watch out! That could eventually be the groundwork for more torturing. What was "okay" back then might suddenly become (or remain) "okay".

I think the public needs to know more about Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan.
http://www.engagingafghanistan.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/afghanistanhajjarBagram1.pdf
Bagram, Obama’s Other GTMO
According to Chris Mackey (pseudonym), who was among the first military interrogators sent to the Afghan warzone, ?Strictly speaking, that meant every Arab we encountered was in for a long-term stay and an eventual trip to Cuba. Only Afghans with considerable intelligence value were supposed to be sent. By the end of January, the Kandahar prison population had expanded from several dozen to several hundred. Growing numbers were arriving from Pakistan, allegedly terrorists who had escaped across the border after the start of the bombing or had evaded capture during the battle of Tora Bora in late 2001. Others were arriving from across Afghanistan, captured on the battlefield, rounded up in village sweeps, or sold for bounty by the Northern Alliance. According to Mackey, ?They were bringing back a lot of fighters. But they were also bringing back a lot of farmers.

http://www.andyworthington.co.uk/2010/12/12/torture-and-abuse-on-the-uss-bataan-and-i
n-bagram-and-kandahar-an-excerpt-from-my-life-with-the-taliban-by-mullah-abdul-salam-zaeef/
Torture and Abuse on the USS Bataan and in Bagram and Kandahar

I think these Marines need to get the "special" treatment they deserve. I wonder what we would do to "Muslims" who might do that to our dead? Part of their punishment should be for them to visit military bases ... tell what they did and then tell how it was wrong.
 matchlight
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 5:18:46 PM
I wonder what we would do to "Muslims" who might do that to our dead?

Faisal Rauf and the other affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood have already tried to desecrate the memories of the 3,000 innocent people who were murdered in New York by building a mosque near the scene of the war crime. If there had been enough of them left to fill a grave, he might as well have spat on it. And what did this president do? He gave a speech defending these curs, to which he invited members of groups affiliated with that same Muslim Brotherhood.

when he insisted that the US must go on the dark side and even ignore the Geneva Conventions.

Ignorant prattle that's not even worthy of Jeremiah Wright or William Ayers. It has always been the policy of the United States to respect the laws of war. In the rare cases where members of the military have violated those laws, they have been punished for it under U.S. laws. These include all the statutes Congress has enacted to codify the terms of the Hague and Geneva Conventions.

The same cannot be said for shariah-loving jihadists who believe it's their holy mission to kill, convert, or enslave everyone else and rule the world. The violence these savages engage in consists of nothing *but* war crimes--indiscriminately and purposely murdering civilians all over the world; fighting out of uniform, often outside their own countries; using the uniforms of the U.S. and its allies to disguise attacks; firing from places of worship, hospitals, schools, and crowds of civilians; piracy, including air piracy; kidnapping civilians, often for ransom; feigning surrender to gain an advantage; using ambulances as military vehicles; taking hostages; using civilians as shields; torturing and murdering uniformed servicemen they've captured; and all the rest of the dismal catalog.

Men who make war this way put themselves at war with the civilized world. They forfeit all the rights legitimate soldiers have under the laws of war. They deserve no mercy, and yet U.S. forces are required by our own laws, most of them in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, to treat the ones they capture fairly.

If success in this war did not depend so heavily on intelligence, U.S. forces would not have needed to capture the thousands of jihadists they have--most of whom have been released. They would have been perfectly within their rights to have killed anyone who showed hostile intent, or even anyone who didn't have a good excuse for being armed and within shooting distance.

Muslim jihadists made an insane blunder when they attacked the United States, and millions of Muslims in countries around the world which openly or covertly support them are very lucky this is a civilized nation. If it were not, most of them would have gone up in smoke years ago, taking their intolerant, supremacist vision of a worldwide caliphate with them. Imagine Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan or Stalin's Soviet Union having the weapons the U.S. has, and not using them to wipe out an implacable enemy which could not retaliate in kind.
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 262
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:05:01 PM

when he insisted that the US must go on the dark side and even ignore the Geneva Conventions.

Ignorant prattle that's not even worthy of Jeremiah Wright or William Ayers

You can find Darth Cheney quotes in wikiquotes and if you can still stand on your soapbox after watching the video: On The Dark Side in Al Doura , you have a very strong stomach. It is an expose of christian jihadists indulging in their darker impulses.
 cotter
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:36:17 AM

It is an expose of christian jihadists indulging in their darker impulses.
Whiskey ... you forget that people who are not actually "Xtian" might not be moved by "Xtians" indulging in such atrociousness. It's apparently really nothing new ... to some.

There are plenty of Zionists doing similar things to the Palestinians and yet they prevail. Think about it ... "On the Dark Side in Al Doura - A Soldier in the Shadows" couldn't possibly mean anything to the Zionists who applaud the Mossad's actions ... eh?

Until I saw that video, I just couldn't imagine where the military gets such ideas of desecrating others but now it seems I might be right about the recruiting habits of our military. After all ... it truly seems that they have gone out in the backwoods of our nation and rounded up a bunch of dumb "Bubba-like" people (easily guided into such atrocities), handed them a weapon and a uniform and sent them over to take pot shots at the general population of the Middle East or just outright kill innocents.

It appears that the ones who "fall through the cracks" are the ones with a conscience ... like U.S. Army Ranger John Needham. Now instead of "Fragging" we have to deal with superior officers "Smoking" their men if they don't commit war crimes ... just great!

... but these guys know humiliation from the first day of basic. They break them down and build them back up...brick by brick and make them soldiers.
I guess it depends on the definition of "soldier". Now it's getting easier and easier for me to understand why some feel that pissing on a dead body is nothing. It's nothing compared to what there was to see in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEj0Gj5vsQ
"On the Dark Side in Al Doura - A Soldier in the Shadows"
 Imported_labor
Msg: 264
Posted: 1/22/2012 11:55:25 AM

Faisal Rauf and the other affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood have already tried to desecrate the memories of the 3,000 innocent people who were murdered in New York by building a mosque near the scene of the war crime. If there had been enough of them left to fill a grave, he might as well have spat on it. And what did this president do? He gave a speech defending these curs, to which he invited members of groups affiliated with that same Muslim Brotherhood.

Pure and un-adulterated islamophobia. So now trying to build a mosque following all the prescribed legal requirements is the equivalent of a war crime? What war crime is that? "Desecrate the memories" no less. Where can I find some of the legal information about that specific war crime? Or is that just another insane creation from your islamophobic ideology?

I was under the impression that the muslim jihadists that planned and attacked the towers of the WTC and the Pentagon were Al Qaida militants. But I see now that you are making an extreme attempt to slur other muslim organizations, like the Muslim Brotherhood, accusing them of committing, or attempting to commit a war crime that only exists in your feverish mind.

Your rethoric reminds me of the discourse employed by Kahane (when he was alive) and his Kach followers. Not even the people in Israel have the patience to listen to the proponents of a final solution. Kach is an illegal, proscribed movement, banned from political participation in the Knesset.

It isn't very amusing to witness the boiling rage spewed in your posts promoting the idea that we in the US should support those who want to use our superior military power to impose our will on the people of other countries and cultures. As a matter of fact, I find it rather pitiful.
 want to travel
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 12:01:55 PM
amazing......
all the posts that are trying to justify, what those 'thugs' did
they are criminals, war criminals! there is no justification for what they did, NON!
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 266
Posted: 1/22/2012 12:16:19 PM
That video was hard on the stomach, it was worse than: Collateral Murder, the strafing of civilians and the ambulance that came for the survivors.

I don;t know if it fair to attribute such behaviour to "bubbas from the backwoods" I'm from the backwoods, no roads, no electricity where I grew up and I have been through basic, broken and rebuilt, to this day I will jump to a sharp command but it is not in me to commit an atrocity. there are pychopaths from every walk of life, consider the likes of some of the infamous serialkillers then give them power, a weapon and immunity ...
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 267
Posted: 1/22/2012 12:26:44 PM

Wow. Who wrote that? I sure hope it wasn't a Canadian, because s/he hates America and everything it stands for more than bin Laden did.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 268
Posted: 1/22/2012 12:40:01 PM

In case you weren't paying attention...some were advocating prison. Prison, criminal records and dishonorable discharges are all likely to negatively affect their future. Wouldn't you agree?

They'll get what the UCMJ mandates for them, and nothing more. And they deserve what they get, truely.

If it affects their earning capability in the future, then tough. Thats what happens when you have poor self control and discipline. There are adult repercussions to stupid actions.
 cotter
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 1:01:03 PM

I don;t know if it fair to attribute such behaviour to "bubbas from the backwoods" ...
My bad that I did not clarify that statement further.

That was based on my experiences with the caliper of people I (unfortunately) encountered during my stay in the "South" ... those backwoods bubbas with their jacked up pickup trucks, gun wracks, ignorant, illiterate, hip-hop rappin' sagging-ass pants ... most who can't get a job and if they do get one, they can't keep it without constant surveillance.

They basically need full time babysitters or they just don't do well. You know, time to get up, time to go eat, time to take a shower, time to take a crap ... now go piss on those dead bodies over there ... ... and they never question a thing they get told to do.

Their minds are like sponges to the propaganda the Bush/Cheney administration handed them and then they are more than happy to kill ... especially if it pleases their Überofficers ... that reward them with pretty ribbons and metals.

They never question the appropriateness of their actions because they are not the types that could ever perceive of thinking past the end of their nose. They live for today and make no thought of tomorrow or how their actions could ever affect anyone else ... instant gratification is the name of the game.
 Worbug
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 1:37:46 PM
I retract my comment
 cotter
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:54:21 PM

... enemy are utterly and hopelessly vile.
I believe this is what the US are doing ... training our military (or parts of it as is apparent in the video I saw) to treat the enemy in despicable ways.

This may be very comforting to philanthropic persons at home; but when an army in the field becomes imbued with the idea that that the enemy are vermin who cumber the earth, instances of barbarity may easily be the outcome.

From what I have read in here, there truly are folks who consider Muslims as vermin. I've worked with them and for them for years ... never once encountered any kind of hate or hostility from them ... they never tried to convert me and always openly answered any questions I had when trying to understand their religious needs ... my boundaries when providing care. It's not always easy to help the patient if they are reluctant to reveal an injury or rash on an area that is not normally visible.

I simply can't imagine killing innocent people and then urinating on them ... digging their brains out ... dismembering them.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:39:04 AM

Men who make war this way put themselves at war with the civilized world. They forfeit all the rights legitimate soldiers have under the laws of war. They deserve no mercy, and yet U.S. forces are required by our own laws, most of them in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, to treat the ones they capture fairly.

If success in this war did not depend so heavily on intelligence, U.S. forces would not have needed to capture the thousands of jihadists they have--most of whom have been released. They would have been perfectly within their rights to have killed anyone who showed hostile intent, or even anyone who didn't have a good excuse for being armed and within shooting distance.

A video response to this ^^^ post...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftcvb0DyIhI

I read a comment on another forum somewhere to the effect that by doing things like this (urinating on corpses and generally behaving badly) the soldiers might as well just go out and bury IED's in front of their own vehicles.

And then today...

US video ‘behind’ French troops deaths
An Afghan soldier who shot dead four French troops has said he did it because of a recent video showing US Marines urinating on the dead bodies of Taliban insurgents, security sources told AFP.

The attack on the soldiers, who were unarmed, came on Friday at a base in eastern Afghanistan and left 15 other French troops wounded, eight of them seriously.
http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/us-video-behind-french-troops-deaths-1.1217812

unYOUsual
Msg: 273
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:15:48 AM
You guys don't agree with pissing on dead taliban terrorist...but you are ok with pissing on living returning veterans by labeling them as potential terrorists....Sad really
 lyingcheat
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:51:27 AM

.You guys don't agree with pissing on dead taliban terrorist...

I think you'll find the Army Regulations take a dim view of that kind of thing too.

...but you are ok with pissing on living returning veterans...

No, that would be the Army command who are OK with that. You obviously didn't watch this video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEj0Gj5vsQ
 matchlight
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2012 10:58:38 AM

A video response to this ^^^ post...

What I wrote is accurate, and that video does not rebut any of it. It might be a response to some other point, but not to mine.

Several points about that video: Mocking people and laughing at violence are not crimes; if an enemy uses innocents as shields, he bears all the responsibility for whatever harm comes to them; recordings can be edited to give false impressions; and Mr. Jones's remark that the fighting in Iraq was to protect oil interests gives him away as a crackpot. I'm sure Muslim jihadists are happy to have people like him denouncing the U.S.--their very own Lord Haw-Haw.

No one can doubt but that even the best military force has some bad people in it. But even when individual servicemen or small groups of them engage in disgusting or illegal acts, it doesn't prove their superiors approved of or allowed those acts as a matter of policy. If there is any reason to believe the servicemen in those scenes were not disciplined, if what they did was discovered by their commanders, Mr. Jones doesn't say what it is.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]