Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Revilors
Msg: 26
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban FighterPage 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Why was Bin Laden never charged with the crimes that happened on 911 if they were planned in his base?

Because things went South when the SEALs approached him for questioning.

This is all very off topic. You guys need to "get a room".

This is not shocking at all that a few (out of millions in the military)....under stress and possibly pumped up with adrenaline...did something inappropriate.

It's really a shame that these young men and women have gone through severe life changing sacrifices in order to serve our country and have been lumped into a pile of sh1t because some don't agree with the administration.

I appreciate those that stand...those that have fallen...and the ones that stumble from time to time.

I've become more disgusted with select posts than with their behavior.
 KittenCatt
Msg: 27
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/12/2012 8:42:52 PM

I've become more disgusted with select posts than with their behavior.

Me too. Preposterous to backseat drive when you've probably never even been through or near anything minutely close to what they go through over there.....the gall of it rankles me so deeply inside....I need a special soul-comb to clean up the disgust I feel.

I wished I'd have asked my history professor if there's ever at any time in our collective history as humans on this earth that people have been as little practical-survival-oriented in their thinking as they seem to have been lately. I think I'll just find one somewhere and ask them.
 Aries_328
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:12:44 PM

I wished I'd have asked my history professor if there's ever at any time in our collective history as humans on this earth that people have been as little practical-survival-oriented in their thinking as they seem to have been lately. I think I'll just find one somewhere and ask them.

I am not sure if I am correct but I think you are saying that people today have little practical survival skills than ever before. If that is it I would say, absolutely, especially if you are living in America.

http://goo.gl/AMVWR

¦Law enforcement agencies in all six city population groups reported decreases in violent crime. Cities with populations of 50,000 to 99,999 inhabitants recorded the largest decrease in violent crime at 7.2 percent. Violent crime also declined in metropolitan counties (7.6 percent) and in nonmetropolitan counties (6.4 percent).

So, although we are told to live in a constant state of fear we live longer than ever and there is a pretty good chance you won't get robbed if you step outside your locked castle.

Not actually living in mortal danger our whole lives, it is completely expected that when exposed to something like the OP that it is going to hit a nerve. It's a good nerve to have don't you think? Take that nerve away and what do you have. It is a crappy position those who will be required to judge these guys will be in. But it must always be held that a person is always responsible for their own actions. There was a choice and they made their choice. It wasn't societies fault. It was their own and those consequences will be theirs to deal with. It is not a negative reflection on us. If you look close enough it makes it just a bit more clear that even in difficult situations a person is still held to account for their choices.

You can also tell that from the reports that the officials do not want to hammer the crap out of these guys. Most people that comment don’t see it as a reflection of the whole. Despite that, it is still the correct action to hold them accountable. Doing the right thing doesn’t always feel good.
 KittenCatt
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:27:04 PM
I respect what you're saying Aries...there's valid, logical points in what you said.

But we are talking about something that is completely outside the norm - War....War - the closest to Hell that can be imagined on the earthly plane, I would imagine. Where the enemy is wildly different from us in every way.....it is simply not fair or realistic to expect to send our men to an out-of-control, unimaginable, bizarro landscape, purportedly to do what they were hired for - kill our enemy - and then sit in any kind of judgment about what actions they took in surviving the horrors they witnessed.

No, no, NO.....I am sorry but I will never agree that such a double standard is OK to apply....it is the ultimate unfairness and height of cruelty, and I wouldn't be surprised if one day no one volunteered for our military again.....
 Aries_328
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:38:33 PM

it is the ultimate unfairness and height of cruelty, and I wouldn't be surprised if one day no one volunteered for our military again

And I completely sympathize with your position. But it isn't about how you feel. Every single one of them has an expectation to be the best that they can regardless of situation.

http://siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil/personnel/MILITARY/history/hst1109.pdf

There are 1,018,828 active duty right now. There can only be one response.

Another very important point. You do not have to judge them. It isn't required that you do. In fact it isn't your job. That is why I said that those people who will judge them will have a crappy job. In fact everyone passing judgment, including myself. We are just pretending. It's a good exercise though.
 Worbug
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:46:07 PM
I agree, urinating on the them was in poor taste, nice healthy STEAMERS would have been more appropriat in my book. And yes, I can speak from experience, I have dealt with these people first hand, and believe me, the feel they are so superior to everyone else and entitled to do what ever they want to anyone all in the name of one F'ef up belief system.

Semper Fi!

"KittenCatt"

Definitely the backseaters who are so sure of what the speak, yet recieved most if not all of said knowledge from the slanted media.

So much goes on that is never reported due to bigger issues, yet on any given day, would make most of the back seaters loose control of their bodily functions.

vvvvvvvvvvvv
War crime NO, Objectionable Maybe

It's a lot less then dragging the bodies of US Troops through the streets behind vehicles!

KittenCatt
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:48:06 PM
Worbug, here's a question.....who do you find more distasteful.....the enemies you've had to fight in war, or the backseat judgers who've probably never been in anything resembling real-life combat?

Otherwise...

...these people...feel they are so superior to everyone else and entitled to do what ever they want to anyone all in the name of one F'ef up belief system.

Our citizens' willingness to critique our soldiers' way of fighting them must have them pretty freaking happy lately. Like they don't even need to die and go to wherever they call Heaven.
 Viper1E
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/13/2012 2:48:20 AM

This is just sick. No reason for this sort of behavior whatsoever. You'd expect this from savages, not the U.S. military. All this will do is give more motivation for the Taliban to recruit and kill more U.S. men and women overseas.

Tell it to BinLadin, he might care..

And while we're on the subject, are the same people whining the ones that dragged four US bodies on fire through the streets and then hung them from a balcony? Just wondering..

No one is judging anyone for serving their country in matters of national defence. The bottom line is that what the soldiders did is a war crime,

News Flash: Taking a piss is NOT a crime.

Ohh rah! Would you feel better if I lit the bodies up with a Hellfire from my bird and they pissed on the ashes?
 Tah,
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/13/2012 3:39:02 AM
This is so very tit for tat and childish and irational

so its hard for the soldiers over there and thus they can be forgiven for war crimes, cause thats what that was...but they volunteered, they are told in basic training that if they got thin skin, find another career...

but westerners show no such consideration for how hard the other lot are doing and how that might effect thier behavior...

Imagine being one of those mutant kids being born in iraq and a product of depleted uranium shells dumped on thier houses years before they were born...you'd have no sympathy for americans either....kids in Fallujah didn't volunteer..
 nipoleon
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 4:03:35 AM
When I think of the Marines, I think of Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Okinawa.

At Tarawa, the landing craft got hung up on the coral and couldn't bring the men in all the way to the beach. So, they just dumped the men in the water.
The Marines had to wade all the way in, chest deep, some 200 yds, holding their weapons above the water, directly into enemy fire.
And, they did it, and they took the island.

You don't bring disgrace to the corps, and you don't bring disgrace to your country.
Is that understood ?
Yes sir, that's understood.
 Viper1E
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:45:21 AM

so its hard for the soldiers over there and thus they can be forgiven for war crimes, cause thats what that was...but they volunteered, they are told in basic training that if they got thin skin, find another career...

Not sure what planet you're from, but here on earth, and in the US, once you take your oath of office, you're going to boot.

Or you'll be shot as a deserter in time of war.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:58:00 AM
the taliban are not afghasn regulers are they? do they wear a uniform?
they are partizans, terrorists, insurgents or militants or any other name
you want to give them.

but they are not enemy soldiers. the afghan army are the soldiers who
come from that neck of the woods.

and the last time i payed any attention terrorists do not obey the laws
of war.

so we dont need to abide by the laws of war with them either

fvck the terrorist cvnts

(until such times as our forces leave then they can do what they want)
 femaleconnection
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:00:39 AM
I think the people in wars see so much, and live through such a nightmare that the act of pissing on a dead body is the least shocking thing they can talk about seeing/doing.

While I agree when this type of news is reported it doesnt help prop up the military's reputation, it is real life and in real life, ugly things happen and we should not be so shocked.

If I had to choose between seeing a dead body pissed on, and a body being killed in front of me, Id gladly watch a dead body get pissed on.

We all know this is a drop in the bucket among all the atrocities that happen to people in a warzone. Women are raped in front of thier own children, innocent people are dragged from thier homes and shot. A few men pissing on a dead body is nothing compared to the other acts against humanity that take place every second of every day on this entire planet.

Pretty easy to sit in our warm, dry comfy homes and tsk, tsk what happened. Im pretty sure I couldnt handle what these men have been through. And Im pretty sure on the other side of the camp a few N American bodies were not treated with 100% respect either, it just wasnt caught on film.

I think the men should be reprimanded for doing it, especially filming it, as that was just dumb. But thats all I would do to them if I was thier 'boss'.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:15:04 AM
my son in law is serving in 1 scots

although not in afghanistan other parts of the regiment have served
there. one of his mates who is in this firefight is now dead having
been killed over there. not in this firefight might i add

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ78kn2XXAM

what do you think they would have done if they had got the terrorist
who killed him?

i know they are talking to the taliban, same way we spoke to the ira.

doesnt mean they are not terrorist scum though
 NonamousDog
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:24:36 AM
@nipoleon:
"When I think of the Marines, I think of Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Okinawa."

You should ask some WWII veterans what some GI's did to dead Japs out there in the South Pacific back then. Of course, they weren't taking cell phone pictures of it.
 Revilors
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:47:26 AM

Then why can't your country win this war if they are as you elequently put it.

Any intelligent person would know that we have the ability to win "a war" over there...just not the one we chose to fight.

If it was a matter of just destroying everything and everybody in sight...don't think for a moment the US didn't have the ability. And I'm talking conventionally. And at the rate it was going from the beginning...with far less casualties on the US side.

The fact that we CHOSE to fight "the war" we did in a relatively humanitarian way to preserve as many people and culture as possible so that the country could be salvaged for them resulted in many of our people being killed and and displayed in far more atrocious ways than what these guys did.

You can't see and hear about the things we KNOW about (much less the one's we don't) and not understand the temporary loss of judgment from time to time by those that "see and hear" these things first hand.

From the OP's knowledge base.............Well considering they were all a team of snipers picking off people from 300+ yards away they weren't what I would call directly in harms way.

Obviously you have no clue about modern warfare or weapons period.

Not in harms way at 300 yards. Not since King Arthur
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:04:37 AM

And while we're on the subject, are the same people whining the ones that dragged four US bodies on fire through the streets and then hung

So you sub irrational behavior with irrational behavior and therefore two wrongs make a right?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:07:32 AM
Obviously you have no clue about modern warfare or weapons period.

Not in harms way at 300 yards. Not since King Arthur

Really so snipers face the same dangers as men in the front line do? Obv you have no clue... I never said not in harms way i said "they aren't directly in harms way" compared to those that are down in the front line.
 Viper1E
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:10:07 AM
Well considering they were all a team of snipers picking off people from 300+ yards away they weren't what I would call directly in harms way.

Excuse you? Our greenest recruit at T75 could make a clean kill at 300 meters.

Our Force Recon Scout Snipers, will pick your nose with a 7.62 round at 1500-2500 meters.

vvvvvvvvvvvv

Our job is to kill people and break things. Why is this such a difficult concept? They drag our burning bodies through the streets cheering. They chop our people's heads off, and post the video to Youtube.

And we're supposed to feel bad about pissing on their rotting bodies?

I wish I had seen the video of the guy opening their mouths and taking a great big dump in it. Or as my drill instructor used to say: "Let's pop their eyes out and skullfvck them to death.."
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:12:08 AM
^^^^So you just proved my point even further thanks.

Aries_328
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:14:50 AM
This type of behavior is just not officially condoned. Never has been.

It's a good thing we don't condone it.

They are required to be held accountable for their actions. The conduct of the military goes back a really long time and it’s just not considered good conduct and bad conduct can have some serious consequences.

http://www.civilwarhome.com/liebercode.htm

15. Military necessity admits of all direct destruction of life or limb of armed enemies, and of other persons whose destruction is incidentally unavoidable in the armed contests of the war; it allows of the capturing of every armed enemy, and every enemy of importance to the hostile government, or of peculiar danger to the captor; it allows of all destruction of property, and obstruction of the ways and channels of traffic, travel, or communication, and of all withholding of sustenance or means of life from the enemy; of the appropriation of whatever an enemy's country affords necessary for the subsistence and safety of the Army, and of such deception as does not involve the breaking of good faith either positively pledged, regarding agreements entered into during the war, or supposed by the modern law of war to exist. Men who take up arms against one another in public war do not cease on this account to be moral beings, responsible to one another and to God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_mutilation_of_Japanese_war_dead

On the second day of Guadalcanal we captured a big Jap bivouac with all kinds of beer and supplies... But they also found a lot of pictures of Marines that had been cut up and mutilated on Wake Island. The next thing you know there are Marines walking around with Jap ears stuck on their belts with safety pins. They issued an order reminding Marines that mutilation was a court-martial offense... You get into a nasty frame of mind in combat. You see what's been done to you. You'd find a dead Marine that the Japs had booby-trapped. We found dead Japs that were booby-trapped. And they mutilated the dead. We began to get down to their level.[9]
 Revilors
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:22:32 AM

Really so snipers face the same dangers as men in the front line do? Obv you have no clue... I never said not in harms way i said "they aren't directly in harms way" compared to those that are down in the front line.

Really? You're going to start lying now? Do I need to quote you again?

And "harms way" far outreach the limits of a sniper rifle. In fact...if they are "in country"...they are in harms way. On the bases...they eat, sleep, play cards and become "brothers" with the brothers that come back to base all wrapped up in plastic.

They may or may not have had the warm blood of their "brother" spayed upon their face or smelled the contents of their abdomen...but the stench is nonetheless very real to them.

I'd welcome you to pick up a weapon and fear for your life and the lives of your "family" as you experience what they do. It appears it's the only way you'll every have the ability to empathize.

No....you would never. But...hey...grab a cold beer and a warm bath and come back and criticize those that possess and display their balls.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:32:02 AM
Really? You're going to start lying now? Do I need to quote you again?

Well considering they were all a team of snipers picking off people from 300+ yards away they weren't what I would call directly in harms way.

Yep i sure lied about what i said.....

So you are saying on a battlefield they have the same direct threats as men do down in the front line which was my ref?

So you condone this behavior of pissing on someone and that does what again? Just adds more fuel to the fire. So basically one intolerable behavior justifies another and two wrongs make a right? There are standards and principles to uphold, they didn't obied by them so therefor they are getting punished by military for their actions.

No i would never what? I was in the army reserves but of course you knew that.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:50:24 AM
I don't hear anyone up in arms anymore about the Taliban advocating beheading live prisoners so in the grand scheme this doesn't really affect me in the least as it will all blow over eventually. The only thing I find curious is the vision in my head of someone, somewhere, sometime saying somehow DANG, why oh why couldn't we just blame this whole thing on Bush and be done with it?
 Revilors
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:56:43 AM
sorry...double post
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]