Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban FighterPage 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
"they" have already won. "They" dragged us back down to the level of barbarians, responding to barabians, who "they" saw as barbarians, conquering and occupying sacred lands from way back. It was not "them" who trashed our brief experiment with democracy. We sacrificed all that on our own because we are weak in our beliefs in the system. Obviously we never deserved it, our empire bit us in the but, and we were never capable of surviving even the most minimal of challenges without throwing it all away.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 78
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:08:35 PM
Insanity begets insanity, the war has cost around

500,000,000,000 thats insane. Soldiers are part of the

calculated insanity. There was an enemy created here that

Edward Bernays would be proud of. I am not really surprised

people on this forum condone F__ing the eye socket of a dead

man or pissing on the dead. It is a testament to the the public

relation machine run by the elite that know the cattle so well.

Keep waving your flags and being proud of your slavery....

pathetic.

US children are inept in math and science and basic grammer,

people are dying from lack of health care and the recent recession magnified the

gap between the rich and poorto the widest margin since the

census began counting. Last year, the top fifth of Americans,

who earn more than $100,000 a year, received nearly 50

percent of all income in the U.S., while the bottom 20 percent

received just 3 percent. The U.S. has the greatest disparity

between rich and poor among Western industrialized nations.

And yet fighting a war that was still supported by the people in

a trance of lies. Sending men and women to kill and be killed,

with no clear plan for any semblance of victory or any real

benefit to the safety and security of the country. It was obvious

the real motivation was bring democracy? ROTFLMAO

People seem to get much more outraged about the behavior of

the stars than elected psychopaths. The media machine is

doing its job nicely! The genocide in israel has been going on

for decades and still the Zionist perversion continues in the USA and Canada.

"War is Peace"," Freedom ls Slavery" etc etc

Michael Hastings: 'Obama has Tripled the Conflict in Afghanistan'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryklDHTZzyw

The Death of American Democracy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK7SRYp4sBc
 Revilors
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:12:48 PM

I said not being in direct harms way there is a key diff between me saying not being in direct harms way and me saying not in harms way.

No it's not the same thing. So how am i confused here? lol

Let me spell it out for you then. You are either in harm's way or you are not in harm's way. If you are standing in the middle of the road and a truck is driving straight at you...you are in harms way. If you are not in the road...you are not in harms way. If the truck has passed...you are not in harms way. Got it?

What's not being in direct harms way? Getting a gal a little pregnant.

harm's way (härmz)
n.
A risky position; danger: a place for the children that is out of harm's way; ships that sail into harm's way.

: a dangerous place or situation

Afghanistan is a dangerous place.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:28:44 PM
....While I dont condone what they did at all..I have to say this; We dont know the circumstances of how or why they died, may be they attacked those US soldiers and were killed by them or the soldiers would have been killed. I cannot imagine the conditions and trauma our soldiers go through... stress manifests itself in very many different ways.

The Taliban guys were dead.. they were not being tortured by the soldiers.. they were stone cold dead! I dont understand the "outcry", yes, it was in bad taste to do what they did ..but come on, "A world outcry"?? there are far more attrocious things that go on that warrant a "world outcry" !!

Those soldiers are now being hunted and will go through US hell with court marshalls and humiliation, along with their families, for their stupid actions..and thats all it was ...STUPID ACTIONS!
 swingarm1966
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:30:22 PM
America commits mass murder all the time, it has invaded 60 some countries since the second world war, so whats the big deal if a few of their reps piss on the dead huh?

cost of the war (pissing extra)

http://costofwar.com/en/
 Aries_328
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:37:54 PM

Earth...I seldom agree with you, but I agree with your above post #89.

I think you should read the post again. Maybe my interpretation of it isn't the same as yours.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:41:10 PM

The Taliban guys were dead.. they were not being tortured by the soldiers.. they were stone cold dead! I dont understand the "outcry", yes, it was in bad taste to do what they did ..but come on, "A world outcry"?? there are far more attrocious things that go on that warrant a "world outcry" !!

Those soldiers are now being hunted and will go through US hell with court marshalls and humiliation, along with their families, for their stupid actions..and thats all it was ...STUPID ACTIONS!

A lot of posters here need to get a clue.

Desecration of the body of the people killed in battle is a war crime. Period. It may not be worst of the war crimes, but is a war crime nonetheless. People are upset because it was committed by forces from US, which is a country signatory of the Geneva Convention.

Stupid actions? Yes. War crime? Yes
 shyshy84
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:56:36 PM
well all i can say is if this is the worst thing our boys are doing over their, were doing pretty good. i mean the other side saws off peoples heads with dull blades while their still alive and straps bombs to children. all that our side did was piss on some dead bodies and make r kelly jokes, their's not just a big differnce, it's not even on the same level. i don't think all american can be held responsiable for what, just like 3 of us did. but hopefully this will serve as an example to the rest, don't ever make a video of you being bad, it's not a good idea, and it always comes back to haunt you.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:59:49 PM
Actually no. There really is NO similarity to waking up in Florida and waking up in Afghanistan. Other than the weather. Most people I know do not worry about getting shot by a sniper or stepping on a roadside bomb on their way to work. They do not come under attack, are not put in a kill or be killed scenario on a daily basis.

So me going outside turning the key to my car is certain that i will return home alive? Tell that to the thousands of thousands of people that died in car wrecks. the point you are missing here is that the risk of dying daily is everywhere not just conifned to a certain location.

Let me spell it out for you then. You are either in harm's way or you are not in harm's way. If you are standing in the middle of the road and a truck is driving straight at you...you are in harms way. If you are not in the road...you are not in harms way. If the truck has passed...you are not in harms way. Got it?

What's not being in direct harms way? Getting a gal a little pregnant.

So not directly in harms way, is no harms way at all? lol you're still in harms way! The diff is the risk is lower than being directly in harms way. Got it? lol

How do you correlate getting a girl pregnant being indirectly harmful in regards to what we are talking about on the battlefield? lol Now you are extremely reaching.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:04:51 PM

well all i can say is if this is the worst thing our boys are doing over their, were doing pretty good.

your boys? wow ..they are doing pretty good?

As far as the beheading remember this?

Michael Berg, whose son Nick was beheaded in Iraq in 2004, said on Thursday he felt no sense of relief at the killing of the al Qaeda leader in Iraq and blamed President Bush for his son's death.

Asked what would give him satisfaction, Berg, an anti-war activist and candidate for U.S. Congress, said, "The end of the war and getting rid of George Bush."
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:10:34 PM
The convolutions we go through to justify becoming what we once opposed as a civil society, hurt, cause abandonment of hope, give rise to our worst nature, justified, just as, or more wrong than the others. Shyshy...spend times with Veterans at the Vet Center or VA. Imagine turning a child into a killler, and then back to a basic human. Ya'll take it so lightly, what we do to people in our names, for the current "enemies" du jour, in a never-ending cycle of an eye for an eye, making everyone blind and stupid.

Easy to be brave, bold and hateful from a couch. Hard to sit on that and not think about it in the aftermath.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:11:26 PM
Okay, sorry but, surely even you can see why that is apples to oranges? Comparing yourself or I getting in our car to go to work, as opposed to being in a war zone? Come on...let's hope common sense can prevail on this one.

If you want to go with that angle...odds might be, either you or I won't even wake up tomorrow, might quietly die in our sleep. That's not amazing by any means, it's just life, we all end up in death in the end. Whether quietly in our sleep, or death by freak juicer mishap while making our morning smoothie, or in a car accident.

But surely you can see that to compare such possibilities against death in a war zone, is really just silly?

You missed the entire point. I wasn't comparing anything in that regards, but to act like we civilans can't comprehend the risk of death in everday life which was the basis of the argument, just because we aren't out there on the battlefield is filled with fallices.

Speaking of common sense. So are you saying that to police officers that go out and risk their lives everyday they don't have the same amount of risk factors because they aren't on the battlefield?
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:22:17 PM

Seriously, I wished they'd have urinated on a Koran as well. Had the moment been right, it would have been hunky dory with me if they'd taken a serious dump on the bodies (and Koran) as well. Too bad there weren't some pigs handy; pig blood and pig guts on a dead raghead carcass. Works for me.

First let me thank you for my freedom secondly I agree wholeheartedly!

Funny how the US troops are supposed to have standards while the lilly livered cowards they have to battle with are held to no standards what so ever.

Typical double standards of liberals.
 shyshy84
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:23:39 PM
well i still think you should support our troops. nothing on this planet is perfect, we all make mistakes. my uncle was in iraq i got a cousin that's still in the army, my brother was in their for a while. they are trying their best over their, and every move they make people have something bad to say about it. i think we should give them a brake, their only human, and no matter what we should support them.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:29:43 PM
No we should stop supporting war it exactly what you point out that keeps war alive I feel pity for people who go to war never would I be proud . it is your relationship that causes your rationalization of war being ok.
 Aries_328
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:35:27 PM
Easy to be brave, bold and hateful from a couch. Hard to sit on that and not think about it in the aftermath.

Are you just playing devil’s advocate? Only a vet can know what it was like but the Taliban are just fighting the evil empire?

I at least realize I can't morally judge them for what they did and at least recognize that there are rules and the ones that ultimately judge them will be their superiors. I also don't think their superiors are bent on imperialism. Americanism maybe but not imperialism. That’s a European thing. I will stick with my belief in the individual. Since reading these forums I now have a much clearer understanding of what individual responsibility means and why it is uniquely American. That is what the experiment was about.

I couldn't disagree more.
 shyshy84
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:36:29 PM
well you don't have to support the war, but you should still support our troops. their just young men and women over their doing their jobs. you can support the troops with out supporting the war.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:43:42 PM
Nope while they are there, they are lost souls and I dont support them. I would support them when they came back with all their issues. Which is more then I can say for the American government and legal system.

US troops' remains buried in landfill site
http://www.aljazeera.com/video/americas/2011/12/2011121584512301317.html
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:47:43 PM
sweetness-one Again you missed the point once more. I guess you don't actually read where the post resonated from, because if you had you would understand what I'm saying. Lets try this one more time i wasn't and i repeat wasn't comparing the two because obv being on the battlefield yields a higher risk factor of death. I was implying that just because we are civilians doesn't mean that we are dullards to the risk of death either as if there is no risk to our lives everytime we walk out the door.

What? what does me carrying a gun correlate with you saying civilians don't face high risk of death, just because they are not on the battlefield each day. I will state again Do you think that police officers don't face similar risk each day, just because they aren't on the battlefield? If you grew up in a family of law enforcement then you would obv know the answer considering law enforcement faces high risk of death everyday.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:48:22 PM

Seriously, I wished they'd have urinated on a Koran as well. Had the moment been right, it would have been hunky dory with me if they'd taken a serious dump on the bodies (and Koran) as well. Too bad there weren't some pigs handy; pig blood and pig guts on a dead raghead carcass. Works for me.

First let me thank you for my freedom secondly I agree wholeheartedly!

Funny how the US troops are supposed to have standards while the lilly livered cowards they have to battle with are held to no standards what so ever.

Dear xenophobic, hate manufacuring, anti-American troops chickenhawks.
Putting people into extremely wrong, counter-productive, and illegal wars does not equate to rightness or patriotism.

In fact it is the opposite, particularly when the troops/VA/Services are chronically underfunded upon their disposal back into society.

To become the evil we once opposed is counter-productive and comes back to haunt our own troops out there serving for the empire.

Liberals tend to serve more than yellow elephants and chickenhawks of privilege. This is why we no longer have the draft.

Most of us, some chickenhawks included, would react exactly like those of the nations we occupy, should China or another aggressor occupy us. To dismiss the patriots of our conquered nations as "cowards" is pretty much an admission that we might not have that much strength to resist and are jealous. When faced with the most powerful, armed empire on earth with a mere gun, to me defines a worthy foe. To live life with drones, bombers, rockets, helicopters, and teams of assassins poised to strike all day long every day, would drive nearly all of us to despair and action should we face a similar empire. To deny this, and dismiss our roles, our history, our relationship to the Taliban and many other former allies fighting our empire, is to deny our history, responsiblity, and accountability.
 Aries_328
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:48:34 PM

well you don't have to support the war, but you should still support our troops.

And you should never have to disrespect the 1 million other active members over the actions of a few. If the rest of them can contain themselves and not piss all over corpses then so it could be expected that this group could have as well.

Excusing bad behavior demeans everyone else that didn't and most likely would not have done it. Even if they wanted to.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:54:22 PM
WE became a nation of torturers, indefinate detentions, rendition, violators of the Geneva Convention, war criminals, users of WMDs/aka DU nuclear terrorism, Shock and Awe, mercenaries with impunity, outlaws, and bullies. Where does our "moral authority" now come from? What now, after orders of magnitude of innocent lives sacrificed in retaliation, lives that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11, does this make us morally superior than any other terrorists?

I killed my share of brown people as well, but have never fought for the US, our freedoms, ideals, liberty, and all that other empire bullshit. That was over 4 decades ago and we have yet to fight an honorable war then or since.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:10:29 PM
Really and how did i compare the two did i say that driving in a car was as at the same level of risk of going into battle? I would love to know where i said that.

Ok so now that you actually understood that comment i could assume that yes people not in battle do have the risk of death in regards to their life everytime they walk out that door. Thank you for proving my point.
 Aries_328
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:22:50 PM
EP - Then I hope you support Ron Paul!

It's not over with. The world is a screwed up place. Europe is in much worse shape then us. Instead of copying them we should continue the direction we should be taking.

However, I am in a bit of a moral dilemma. There was a lie that was told about spreading democracy. That was a republican line. It is confused by corporatism (not capitalism). However, there is a major threat that cannot be negotiated with, does not want to talk, and would be quite thrilled with wiping everyone off the planet that does not agree with them. That is incompatible with any form of civil world anyone wants to live in. Do we ignore it and hope it goes away? Do we pull back and let nature take its course and help it along by giving Iran nuclear weapons.

We are giving back Iraq. We will give Afghanistan back. If we bombed the crap out of Iran we would hand it back. Where is that imperialism? We may remain present, we may even set up trade, we may even profit but that is not enslavement. Even European Imperialism sometimes left places better off (India). It's not all about killing those who disagree. It is confusing, complicated, and not treating everyone like idiots with 30 second attention spans and lobbying greedy corrupt congressmen...

My entire point through this whole thing has been that the single value that matters is the one that matters overall. It is an individual’s responsibility for their own actions. It supersedes governments, war, society, mass media, and politics.

So, the idiots in Washington… Do a search over the past 100 years and everything that is occurring has been occurring all along. It's is a constant battle between the European Ideal and the American Ideal. The individual or the whole. That is our struggle. E pluribus unum - Out of many one and not from one to many.

So, these guys must be held accountable. Because it is the only right thing to do. And every day I am thankful that I was never forced to be in their position... But I'm not dead yet either.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:29:53 PM
Welcoming? Again show me in that statement where i was saying that going out in a car risk the same amount of high risk of death then being on the battlefield? i'm still waiting for that...

Nope no pretending about it. I know what i said. That was simply stating that hey guess what avg people have everyday risk too. That was not saying hey look everyday people have the same amount of high risk.

Yeah i guess hypocrisy doesn't ring a bell with you considering you couldn't comprehend what i was ref to to begin with. lol

Wait a minute so you are saying that civilians like law enforcement can have an high risk of death without stepping onto a battlefield? Thank you for proving my point.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]