Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aries_328
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban FighterPage 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
EP - Then I hope you support Ron Paul!

It's not over with. The world is a screwed up place. Europe is in much worse shape then us. Instead of copying them we should continue the direction we should be taking.

However, I am in a bit of a moral dilemma. There was a lie that was told about spreading democracy. That was a republican line. It is confused by corporatism (not capitalism). However, there is a major threat that cannot be negotiated with, does not want to talk, and would be quite thrilled with wiping everyone off the planet that does not agree with them. That is incompatible with any form of civil world anyone wants to live in. Do we ignore it and hope it goes away? Do we pull back and let nature take its course and help it along by giving Iran nuclear weapons.

We are giving back Iraq. We will give Afghanistan back. If we bombed the crap out of Iran we would hand it back. Where is that imperialism? We may remain present, we may even set up trade, we may even profit but that is not enslavement. Even European Imperialism sometimes left places better off (India). It's not all about killing those who disagree. It is confusing, complicated, and not treating everyone like idiots with 30 second attention spans and lobbying greedy corrupt congressmen...

My entire point through this whole thing has been that the single value that matters is the one that matters overall. It is an individual’s responsibility for their own actions. It supersedes governments, war, society, mass media, and politics.

So, the idiots in Washington… Do a search over the past 100 years and everything that is occurring has been occurring all along. It's is a constant battle between the European Ideal and the American Ideal. The individual or the whole. That is our struggle. E pluribus unum - Out of many one and not from one to many.

So, these guys must be held accountable. Because it is the only right thing to do. And every day I am thankful that I was never forced to be in their position... But I'm not dead yet either.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:29:53 PM
Welcoming? Again show me in that statement where i was saying that going out in a car risk the same amount of high risk of death then being on the battlefield? i'm still waiting for that...

Nope no pretending about it. I know what i said. That was simply stating that hey guess what avg people have everyday risk too. That was not saying hey look everyday people have the same amount of high risk.

Yeah i guess hypocrisy doesn't ring a bell with you considering you couldn't comprehend what i was ref to to begin with. lol

Wait a minute so you are saying that civilians like law enforcement can have an high risk of death without stepping onto a battlefield? Thank you for proving my point.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:42:10 PM

Liberals tend to serve more than yellow elephants and chickenhawks of privilege. This is why we no longer have the draft.

If that is true why is it that the military vote always goes conservative ?

What would the military think of comparable laws shielding the right of its people to refuse to do things against their “personal beliefs”? Not much. And that helps us see something fundamental about the military. Despite the fact that most of its members nowadays vote conservative, the structure of the military, the nature of what it does, is neither conservative nor liberal: it's pragmatic.

This comes from.....http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,86706,00.html

So if it is mostly liberals that serve why is it the military votes conservative?

Facts are so much easier to prove than propaganda.
 Revilors
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:47:14 PM

picking off people from 300+ yards

Do you believe in PTSD? You can't have PTSD without the T or the S.

What mindset and training do you suppose they are put through that gives them the ability to "pick" someone off at 300+ yards? It's not a 300 yard image through their scopes. It's up close and real personal as they watch their gray matter scatter.

Most of these young men and women will adjust to a normal social setting some time after returning. And I'm sure these young men will not be apt to "pick" anyone off or pizz on them. In the meantime...it's more appropriate to attempt to understand what they are going through and be grateful they were brave enough to go through it for their country.

To compare their circumstances to that of a normal society is ignorant. They are under extraordinary circumstances.

I am an inglorious baztards sympathizer.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 7:58:41 PM
Do you believe in PTSD? You can't have PTSD without the T or the S.

What does that have to do with being up close as in actually in the fray of the battle in regards to being in the direct path of a bullet or an IED or an RPG? they aren't out there with the rest of the front line infantry where the risk is much higher.

Most of these young men and women will adjust to a normal social setting some time after returning. And I'm sure these young men will not be apt to "pick" anyone off or pizz on them. In the meantime...it's more appropriate to attempt to understand what they are going through and be grateful they were brave enough to go through it for their country.

To compare their circumstances to that of a normal society is ignorant. They are under extraordinary circumstances

So two wrongs make a right? Well obv if it wasn't an issue then the U.S. military wouldn't be punishing these men for their actions, but obv they see an issue with it. So are you saying that the U.S. military is wrong for punishing these men and there should be no accountability for their actions? If that's the case then the hell with discipline and following orders which makes the military a cohesive unit. Last time I checked pissing on a dead enemies body is not apart of U.S. military guidlines. But what do I know someone that's actually served in the military.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:00:18 PM

Kiddo, I'm about done with you. It's batting my head against a brick wall, trying to show you the hypocrasies in what you've already said.

lol that you are still actually yet to show.

If you think that you or I, getting in our cars and going to work, is even remotely the same as a police officer, or a Marine, going to and conducting their daily job activities, war zone, daily life, whatever...

Never said that i'm still waiting where i said that....
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:04:01 PM

Funny how the US troops are supposed to have standards while the lilly livered cowards they have to battle with are held to no standards what so ever.

This kind of logic is simply deplorable. I don't know who you've been listening to, but I don't know anyone who condones atrocities by ANYONE, regardless what side they're fighting on. There is no double standard. On the contrary, torture, desecrating a corpse, beheadings, etc... are just plain wrong. If you were intending to justify wrong behavior by us because the other side does the same or worse, that's not lack of a double standard. It's evidence of no standards whatsoever, in which case, what is there to differentiate us from them?

We all draw a line somewhere as to what constitutes acceptable behavior. My argument is that that line should not shift because someone else exhibits behavior on the wrong side of the line. To do so shows a lack of conviction, lack of will, lack of defensible ethics.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:18:39 PM

This kind of logic is simply deplorable. I don't know who you've been listening to, but I don't know anyone who condones atrocities by ANYONE, regardless what side they're fighting on. There is no double standard. On the contrary, torture, desecrating a corpse, beheadings, etc... are just plain wrong. If you were intending to justify wrong behavior by us because the other side does the same or worse, that's not lack of a double standard. It's evidence of no standards whatsoever, in which case, what is there to differentiate us from them?

We all draw a line somewhere as to what constitutes acceptable behavior. My argument is that that line should not shift because someone else exhibits behavior on the wrong side of the line. To do so shows a lack of conviction, lack of will, lack of defensible ethics.

Where did I say that it was acceptable for them to do so I said that there is standard that liberals hold the US troops to that they never mention about the other side.

And while it is not acceptable behavior I do understand how it could happen.

Our troops are faced with cowards that plant bombs and run. They are to cowardly to stand and fight against our troops as they know they would get there azz's handed to them on a silver platter.
 statemachine500
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:29:12 PM

Our troops are faced with cowards that plant bombs and run. They are to cowardly to stand and fight against our troops as they know they would get there azz's handed to them on a silver platter.

In WWII partisans had no rights.Torture followed by execution was likely,no records, no news stories,no marked grave.They have it easy now.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:34:09 PM

I said that there is standard that liberals hold the US troops to that they never mention about the other side.

...and how do you reach that conclusion? Can you name one of these liberals you've painted with your broad brush?

Our troops are faced with cowards that plant bombs and run.

And how does that compare with using unmanned drone bombers steered by someone sitting safely back in the US? I can't see how one tactic is more cowardly than the other, but perhaps you could enlighten me.
 Revilors
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:34:20 PM

What does that have to do with being up close as in actually in the fray of the battle in regards to being in the direct path of a bullet or an IED or an RPG? they aren't out there with the rest of the front line infantry where the risk is much higher.

Do you suppose they cross their arms and blink and they are at their sniper point? Or is it Scottie that beams them there. WOW man. No...they drive in vehicles and fly in helicopters or chute in or walk. Many times the snipers are embedded within other infantry and the sniper merely has additional skills and carried the additional rifle. In fact...they have rifles that switch (barrel and scope) for that very reason so they don't need to carry two complete weapons. You really don't know what you're talking about...do you.

So two wrongs make a right? Well obv if it wasn't an issue then the U.S. military wouldn't be punishing these men for their actions, but obv they see an issue with it. So are you saying that the U.S. military is wrong for punishing these men and there should be no accountability for their actions? If that's the case then the hell with discipline and following orders which makes the military a cohesive unit. Last time I checked pissing on a dead enemies body is not apart of U.S. military guidlines. But what do I know someone that's actually served in the military.

What were the two wrongs? I thought they just pizzed on some guys. What is the other wrong?

Of course they are going to do something about it. They did something they were not supposed to do. Like if they were smoking dope or something. The difference IMO...is that they should get kicked out, dropped rank, reprimanded or other appropriate punishment. These guys should be evaluated for their mental health. If they are found to be sound...they should be reprimanded, lose a stripe, maybe discharged or whatever their commander deems appropriate. If they are found to be disturbed...they should be treated until healthy, given a lighter duty and worst case received a medical discharge.

No matter what...we need to take CARE of them if they have become ill in any form in the performance of their duty. Not ridiculed or imprisoned. The marines made them what they are. They need to take care of them now. Not punish them.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:41:34 PM

..and how do you reach that conclusion? Can you name one of these liberals you've painted with your broad brush?

Sure just go back and read the statements by the many known libs here. Not hard to find them....they are the ones bashing the country they enjoy freedom in while denigrating the very ones that fight for their freedom.

And how does that compare with using unmanned drone bombers steered by someone sitting safely back in the US? I can't see how one tactic is more cowardly than the other, but perhaps you could enlighten me.

Now that is easy.....You see we never would have bombed them had they not made the many cowardly attacks on US soil.... the last being the attacks of 9-11..... I for one am sure proud of our troops taking the fight to them....Better the collateral damage be on their soil than ours.....After all they are the ones that awoke a sleeping giant and filled it with resolve.
 Aries_328
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:44:03 PM

The marines made them what they are. They need to take care of them now. Not punish them.

I agree. They better take care of them. Including if they are found to just be AssHats. There is a responsibility. Including punishment as appropriate.

Our troops are faced with cowards...

There is not one chance on this planet that I would agree with that. Even though I completely disagree with EP earlier the very last thing you could consider anyone fighting a war is a coward. I can't even comprehend that thinking and I would be willing to bet that a Sargent would knock anyone upside the back of the head for thinking that.
 Revilors
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:46:15 PM

Do you suppose they cross their arms and blink and they are at their sniper point? Or is it Scottie that beams them there. WOW man. No...they drive in vehicles and fly in helicopters or chute in or walk. Many times the snipers are embedded within other infantry and the sniper merely has additional skills and carried the additional rifle. In fact...they have rifles that switch (barrel and scope) for that very reason so they don't need to carry two complete weapons. You really don't know what you're talking about...do you.

What were the two wrongs? I thought they just pizzed on some guys. What is the other wrong?

Of course they are going to do something about it. They did something they were not supposed to do. Like if they were smoking dope or something. The difference IMO...is that they should get kicked out, dropped rank, reprimanded or other appropriate punishment. These guys should be evaluated for their mental health. If they are found to be sound...they should be reprimanded, lose a stripe, maybe discharged or whatever their commander deems appropriate. If they are found to be disturbed...they should be treated until healthy, given a lighter duty and worst case received a medical discharge.

No matter what...we need to take CARE of them if they have become ill in any form in the performance of their duty. Not ridiculed or imprisoned. The marines made them what they are. They need to take care of them now. Not punish them.

Edit:

This kind of logic is simply deplorable. I don't know who you've been listening to, but I don't know anyone who condones atrocities by ANYONE, regardless what side they're fighting on.

This kind of logic portrays the hero/heroin in many movies where that character is applauded. It's widely accepted. Gang kills family......father of family wipes out gang (Kevin Bacon~Death Sentence). Kids in an institution get raped by guards...kids grow up and kill guard (Kevin Bacon again~Sleepers).

It seems America likes the eye for an eye thing. At least that's what sells.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:46:26 PM

This is coming from a guy that thought a Front line was fake and you say i don't know what i'm talking about? LOL

How many snipers do you see on front lines? Lets see none because gee they wouldn't be snipers if they were! Snipers are based in key postions away from enemy sights if they weren't then WTF would be the point of them being a sniper to begin with........

I don't know how about justifying the fact that they pissed on him because he's an enemy?

So let me get this right you think they should get kicked out, because of their actions? I agree.
 Revilors
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:47:22 PM

Edit:

This kind of logic is simply deplorable. I don't know who you've been listening to, but I don't know anyone who condones atrocities by ANYONE, regardless what side they're fighting on.

This kind of logic portrays the hero/heroin in many movies where that character is applauded. It's widely accepted. Gang kills family......father of family wipes out gang (Kevin Bacon~Death Sentence). Kids in an institution get raped by guards...kids grow up and kill guard (Kevin Bacon again~Sleepers).

It seems America likes the eye for an eye thing. At least that's what sells.
 Revilors
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:59:59 PM

This is coming from a guy that thought a Front line was fake and you say i don't know what i'm talking about? LOL

I didn't say a front line is fake. Are you really serious. There is NO front line in Afghanistan. I've asked you three times or more to tell me where it was. Do you really think they all line up with the Taliban on one side and our troops on the other? WOW

I know there have been conflicts where such was the case. Not this time pal. Do you even keep track of what's going on over there? I don't think I've ever talked to someone this completely uninformed.

How many snipers do you see on front lines? Lets see none because gee they wouldn't be snipers if they were! Snipers are based in key postions away from enemy sights if they weren't then WTF would be the point of them being a sniper to begin with........

Again...there are no lines. The enemy is at the market, in homes, walking down the street, driving the truck that supplies the base...they are everywhere. In rare occasions they will be grouped at complexes. You've been watching too many WWII movies. It's not happening that way. Not much anyway.

So let me get this right you think they should get kicked out, because of their actions? I agree.

I've NEVER said they shouldn't be dealt with. NEVER. I said their actions were not shocking and are understandable given what they deal with and that we should be sensitive to the circumstances in the perspective of same. They SHOULD NOT be kicked out. But...if they are ill...a medical discharge could be appropriate. Maybe discipline. UNDERSTANDING...absolutely.
 Thee_Stranger
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:12:38 PM
I'd say far more appalling things happen in Gitmo, like waterboarding and torture.

You kill me in battle, feel free to pee on my corpse. I'm gonna be too dead to care.
 Thee_Stranger
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:20:32 PM

Yet our military uses remote controlled predator missles. By your interpretation of what constitutes as "cowardly", I don't see much difference. Also keep in mind that our military is far more technologically superior.

War is ugly. Both sides do very terrible things.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:21:42 PM

Sure just go back and read the statements by the many known libs here. Not hard to find them....they are the ones bashing the country they enjoy freedom in while denigrating the very ones that fight for their freedom.

And have any of them expressed approval of atrocities committed by the other side, or are you just peeved they haven't expressed sufficient and frequent outrage to meet your standards?

Now that is easy.....You see we never would have bombed them had they not made the many cowardly attacks on US soil.... the last being the attacks of 9-11..... I for one am sure proud of our troops taking the fight to them....Better the collateral damage be on their soil than ours.....After all they are the ones that awoke a sleeping giant and filled it with resolve.

Ah, so we're back to condoning behavior that only became defensible when the other side did something wrong.

I don't know how you keep score, but so far as I know our response to 9/11 has cost many more lives than the original incidents did. I too am proud of those who choose to serve our country, but not of many of the actions they've been directed to take, nor them being put in harm's way going after people who had nothing whatsoever to do with any direct attacks on us.

In my mind the appropriate response to terrorism is to go after the individual terrorists who have acted against us or for whom there is strong evidence they're about to. I didn't like invading Afghanistan for any purpose other than to apprehend Bin Laden and his cohorts. I saw NO reason to justify invading Iraq. I was comfortable with the degree of support we gave Libyan rebels, and that's about as far as I'd like our foreign intervention to go.

I think our response to specific terrorist threats here should be limited to the specific individuals threatening us, only expanding the response to a country if the country sponsored an attack on us.

I also question your use of the term "cowardly attack". There are any number of ways the attacks on us were wrongly motivated, but anyone willing to conduct an attack KNOWING they would die in the process is no coward in my book. Not admirable, in these cases, but not at all cowardly.

Just curious, but would you classify the assassination of the Iranian scientist a cowardly attack as well?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:31:46 PM
You said the front line is imaginary, lol as if it doesn't exist.

Lets go to wiki once more.

A front line is the farthest-most forward position(s) of an armed force's personnel and equipment - generally in respect of maritime or land forces. Forward Line of Own Troops (FLOT), or Forward Edge of Battle Area (FEBA) are technical terms used by all branches of the armed services. They are a battlespace control measure that designate the forward-most friendly maritime or land forces on the battlefield at a given point in time, during an armed conflict. FLOT/FEBA may include covering and screening forces. The Forward Line of Enemy Troops (FLET), is the FEBA from the enemy's perspective.

Do i keep track of what's going on over there? Yes, you obv don't.

What in the hell are you talking about no front line and furthermore you still don't have a clue about what a front line actually does. Are you seriosuly saying there were no Regiment in any battles that took place in Afghanistan? So the battle of tora bora had no military Regiment unit on the front line. So who was there then? lol this is too damn funny.

You really are clueless.. I've been watching too many WWII movies? Yeah this is coming from someone that obv plays too many MWF games and doesn't know what an actual front line is let alone what it does. LOL

No front line huh.

Australia opens front-line military roles to women

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44681754/ns/world_news-asia_pacific/t/australia-opens-front-line-military-roles-women/

I guess the term front line is full of crap. Yep no such thing in combat right? LOL

This is what you wrote.

The difference IMO...is that they should get kicked out,

And i never said you did I was argeeing with you when you said the following above. So one post you say they should get kicked out now you are saying they should not, which one is it?
 largo2
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:34:20 PM
Here's the way I see it.

We might be able to accept killing in war as a necessary evil. But we don't want to think that soldiers are taking pleasure in killing. This whole pissing on corpses thing smacks of glorifying killing. It's not "civilized" behaviour, and we don't want to feel that we have turned our soldiers into that.

But we have. It's a reality of war, especially the kinds of war being fought.

I find it disturbing what happened. I think they were wrong. But I wouldn't judge them harshly, because we sent them there, and there is no way that this kind of thing won't happen. This isn't the kind of war where we have a ceasefire for Christmas. And these are very young soldiers in many cases.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:01:14 PM
What that was, is presently being investigated by NCIS, and chances are very good that these boys will be drummed out of the USMC, not for failing to be polite to the enemy, but for failing to uphold the standards of the Corps, as they vowed to do.

This is what is ultimately flat wrong with all such bad behavior. It isn't the disgusting things done to the others that makes it something to be condemned, it is the offense against ourselves, and our own culture. It is that they discarded our national sense of honor, for the sake of a crude, selfish act of personal revenge.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2012 2:41:34 AM

Even IF you buy the official US party line on the 9/11 attacks, the "Giant" was not "sleeping" at the time. The "Giant" aka US has been busy for decades mucking about in the affairs of other nations, creating CIA resources like the Taliban, covertly killing lots of "collateral" in dozens of nations around the world, buying and then disposing of useful dictators, selling chemical weapons and arms to favored dictators, picking and choosing which factions of civilian populations that are disposible to the Empire, and setting up forward Military Oil Bases in the holy lands of others.

If the 9/11 incident WAS indeed carried out by those who allegedly indicated as per the official propaganda, even that was in retaliation for our mucking about in the lands of others. The "Giant", rather than chasing down the actual criminals behind the official story, got readily distracted and went for the easy blood lust satiation by killing and maiming millions of Muslims in Iraq who had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Sure, we carried on a token fight in Afghanistan against our former buds in the Taliban, using the excuse to keep working on getting that pipeline deal and the mineral wealth there as we had been working on well before the 9/11 aka New Pearl Harbor that the PNAC crowd was so horny for.

We love our perfect victimhood status of the 9/11 narrative without accepting accountability for what would motivate such an action. We love thinking we are honorable going against populaces with mere firearms and home made bombs fighting against the biggest military machine on the planet. We like to think that having a troop presence in most nations of the world is a benign sort of Giant that should be getting rose petals for our mucking about. Our nerds driving drone attacks on wedding parties, wiping out entire villages to get to one or two "insurgents" is honorable. Even the most egregious war criminals among our troops are considered honorable because we love our perfect victimhood narrative. Funny how Bush is scared of the Swiss, scared enough to cancel a trip for fear of being arrested for the war criminal that he is.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/14/2012 4:36:22 AM

well you don't have to support the war, but you should still support our troops. their just young men and women over their doing their jobs. you can support the troops with out supporting the war.

"Just doing their jobs"????? Do you mean to say that it is a requirement of their job to piss on and desecrate the bodies of enemies killed in battle? Man, I would like to see that job description in writing? Imagine that! A job description that requires you to commit war crimes!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]