Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban FighterPage 8 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

So, I guess that would mean, “In NATO we trust." We should print up new coins.
Sounds good to me ... anything but "in GOD we trust"!

Just so I'm clear... You are for a single world government then correct?
Oh dear ... get a grip already and do us all a favor ... put away the "Kool-Aid" for a second and try not to read too much into things.

I AM NOT RELIGIOUS and see no reason for putting anything of that kind on any of our coins (or our pledge either), so therefore ... anything but "in GOD we trust" works well for me.

Because we are a more modern society with cool toys that have blinking lights and can travel the world in just a few short hours as well as instantly communicate with anyone anywhere at any time.
Are you really trying to say that the US is somehow more superior to the sovereign countries we illegally invaded in the Middle East?

The best option is for a global government that maintains the strictest of authority over all nations and reprimands all nations that fail to meet the standards right.
WOW ... really hitting the "Kool-Aid" a little hard today?

There is a philosophy behind your beliefs right?
Oh my yes ... and it's really simple. Stop sticking our nose in the world's business ... stop illegally inserting ourselves in something that is no concern of ours.

The whole thing wouldn't be going on if it weren't for our little buddies ... the Zionists. If they could just behave, no one would have to be over there and our elegant marines wouldn't have to be showing off their goods like that.

I've never understood why any of this has to happen. The Zionists are over there in really close proximity and we have seen to it that they are armed to the teeth, so if you ask me it appears as if things are taken care of. We really don't need to put ourselves in the middle of it.

The only reason "big brother bully" is getting involved in any of this (actually we got sucked into it by some dumbass in the White House) is because "little brother (bully) Israel" can't behave themselves. Go figure.

The whole situation has been severely screwed up out there for well over a thousand years.
Actually, most of the Middle East got along just fine until we started sticking our nose in things ... and got so greedy for their natural resources.

Even if we have good intentions we screw it up.
Again, actually I can't see where we ever really had "good intentions" when it comes to the Middle East.

We sold our souls to the Zionists and sold our country out for oil.

Yet it can't ever seem to be ignored either.
Well, yes it could. We need to let the bullies of the Middle East fend for themselves and take care of business here at home.
 Aries_328
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:52:01 PM

We sold our souls to the Zionists and sold our country out for oil.

And what do you think we should do for this little problem? Do you have your own solution?
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:52:08 PM
cotter...I feel your pain. We are morphing rapidly into the worst of everything we briefly opposed between our own countrys' genocide, slavery, misogyny, then a window against those things into support for fascism, Hitler, dictators,Crusades, new Inquisitions, etc, into a hybrid, taking the worst along with the best of propaganda, indoctrination, manipulation and addiction to power, and moral superiority, doing no wrong because we say so.

To point out the obvious is considered treason, comforting the "enemies", or "slander" in the Orwellian sense of special empire. The foot soldiers here and among us are well indoctrinated, deluded, and willing to commit all manner of inhumanity toward the rest of the world and citizens who oppose that empire.

There is a reason Zombie films resonate these days. They are metaphors for what is really happening among us. When we turn the formerly most honored among us into war criminals, through neglect, waste of focus, wrong wars, wrong strategies, wrong or non-existent support during and after their service, bad misleadership, etc... We come home to haunt you, for decades, for lifetimes, helping to turn a nation into something different than what was once dreamed of.
 Worbug
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:52:12 PM
THE MARINE

We all came together,
Both young and old
To fight for our freedom,
To stand and be bold.

In the midst of all evil,
We stand our ground,
And we protect our country
From all terror around.

Peace and not war,
Is what some people say.
But I'll give my life,
So you can live the American way.

I give you the right
To talk of your peace.
To stand in your groups,
and protest in our streets.

But still I fight on,
I don't b****, I don't whine.
I'm just one of the people
Who is doing your time.

I'm harder than nails,
Stronger than any machine.
I'm the immortal soldier,
I'm a U.S. MARINE!

So stand in my shoes,
And leave from your home.
Fight for the people who hate you,
With the protests they've shown.

Fight for the stranger,
Fight for the young.
So they all may have,
The greatest freedom you've won.

Fight for the sick,
Fight for the poor
Fight for the cripple,
Who lives next door.

But when your time comes,
Do what I've done.
For if you stand up for freedom,
You'll stand when the fight's done.

~ Corporal Aaron M. Gilbert, US Marine Corps
USS SAIPAN, PERSIAN GULF

Funny how momentary error in judgment negates any and all sacrifice and accomplishments of these Marines. I can only hope all of you judging so harshly also will at sometime be completely judged by one action.

These Marines will most likely lose everything. They will be made an example of, most likely get a Bad Conduct Discharge which carries very heavy for the rest of their lives. No VA benefits, which means society will be left to deal with the not only damaged Marines, but now feel bitter and betrayed by their very own country, compounded by the fact they will not recieve any sort of rehabilitation to asimilate into a productive member of our society.

All to make you Sniveling, Whining, spineless people feel better about yourselfs. Nice to know that all of you are perfect people, but more inportant is, it's nice to know you can feel safe here in the OUR country because of the people like this are on watch.

Relish in the fact that you are able to spew your venum at will towards the Marines. As I said above, these Marines will be delt with and I am sure punishment will be extremely excessive for the offense, all to please the masses.

And last of all, the next time some terrorist group commits some atrocity somewhere, or even here, look in the mirror and pat yourself on the back and congradulate yourself that there are 4 less Marines.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"
(Author unkown, but was cited by Ronald Reagan in a reference about the Marine Corps)

Semper Fi Marines,

USMC Retired
 Aries_328
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 7:45:26 PM
That the world is bigger than me. We are involved. You can't just put the genie back in the bottle. We were a big part in that whole creation of Israel and it is our responsibility. I wonder sometimes if it would have been different if Einstein would have accepted the position.

I do not blame Jewish people for any of the mess we are in today. I understand how people say it is our own fault.

But, if we pulled all the plugs, ran back to our corner for a timeout. That won't make the reality of the world go away.

I also understand the need for a world government and why it's based on trade and economics. But it can't happen because it will go bad. The reason it will go bad is because of the overarching decision that the best course is a secular one that requires man to be his own highest authority. We have good people that will choose to not harm but when in authority there has never been a doubt that power corrupts and that means people will die. We can’t get a group of 3 people to agree. Until we reconcile the fundamental differences in culture between Islamic, Judeo-Christian, Asian and other I don’t see how it can result in anything but really bad things.

Liberalism has the goal of replacing religion because it is seen that religion has always been corrupt. I completely agree with the religion part. However, the higher level of good that we are all created equal and the whole inalienable rights I cannot find a fault with. So sue me. Just don't accept a national religion but that point, that consistency, above government is for a purpose that liberalism cannot equal.

So, yeah... I totally understand the isolationist approach. But where in that do we proceed in the 21st century where we are all just a few hours apart.

It is easy to say, Bush did it because he was a prick that sold out to the Jews to get oil for the greedy capitalist Americans. This is the easy response. Requires no thought. The harder response is how do we continue on in peace and include the whole world without authoritarian rule and ensure the survival of the world. Especially knowing the one thing we can't do is... to just all get along.
 angelo0311
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 7:48:08 PM
"that will end up putting our troops over there in even more harms way because of it." .....more harms way ? are you serious ? they are at war .Is there anything more dangerous than war ? I am a former marine . By your logic our men and women would be home by now had this not happened .They would just have surrenderd and left us alone for good had this dumb video not have happened right ? haaaaa what a joke !!! maybe they should have cut the heads off while still alive on you tube . pick up a weapon or just keep your trap shut about something you dont understand .
 vlad dracul
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 5:38:03 AM
one reason i think liberals hate especially christianity is because its
not something they can control.

so they chip away and mock and undermine, much the same way they have
done with the family unit.

no one hates as much as a liberal. the balkan war exposed hatred that had been
seething away for years. ethnic and religious hatred.

but the liberals hate ethnicity, religion, the family, patriotism, nationalism and
most of all they hate people having the freedom to think outwith their dogma.

they destroy from within. they know working class folk will never subscribe to
their viewpoint so they invent words to accuse, smear, sneer and use as a weapon to
silence. but their words are overused.

most working class folk are decent, honest, hard working, want better for their bairns,
love their country, believe in a god, love their extended family and would fight
and die for them.

this is what the liberal despises, folk being true to their beliefs and not the skewed view
of the 'radical'

most folk would get along ok if left alone but nope divisions have to be caused or else the liberal is failing in their duty

if you went into working class areas in most western citys or towns the main
complaint against the marines would be that they stupidly filmed what they done then it went online.

thats why the liberals hate the working class because we will not tow the party line
and be offended when they want us to be offended. working folk might be shocked at
what happened, maybe even slightly disgusted but they wont judge like the liberal judges.

the ones who love to use every ist, ism and phobic to slander working class folk are
themselves the biggest haters in the world.

yet their poster boy is heading for a war with iran, how can they get the blame put on george bush is their next task.

course it could be that maybe, just maybe liberals really hate themselves and their shallow dogma ridden lives.

i long for the day when there is a total collapse and then its payback time against the meddlesome ones.

then they will probably find out that they have reaped what they have sown when the working folk reclaim what they want and all the pent up anger against the liberal is unleashed

hope i live to see it

vlad dracul not afflicted by liberalism or religion
 thisname had better work
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/16/2012 5:41:24 AM
You can kill them ,blow their arms and legs off with a 50 cal from two miles, just dont pee on them ! And drive over their improv mines and get your brain addled forever, just don't pee on them. They do far worse to their own people , and dont expect to survive if you are taken prisoner, they'll do more than just pee on you, they'll cut yours off !
 vlad dracul
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:48:07 AM
frankster im not an educated man mate, the usual left school at 16
no qualifications etc.

i know what i mean it just doesnt come over correctly.

i used to balkans to show that hatred exists in an ethnic, religious way
and can result in savagery.

but yank liberals tend to hate just as much only they dont kill.

yet.

i know americans will never get that a far rightist in the states is a mere conservative in europe. and a far rightist in europe is only a ball hair away from being a far leftist.

im not a right winger mate. closer to the red/brown strasserite way of thinking.

every argument a liberal on here uses, well an american liberal anyway is about their hatred of christianity. every debate ends up with hatred of that one religion.

now im not religious so its doesnt concern me too much but its one way they dont seem to condemn any other sky wizards.

do you remember the bader-meinhoff gang from germany?

horst mahler is now the idealogue for the npd in germany. thats whats happening in europe. former reds are embracing nationalism because they see the working class have rejected liberalism and communism.

so the morality you mentioned? it will of course mean they will abandon obama and mad hilary when they invade iran?

i dont think they will mate. more troops more death

do you think in the working class areas of citys and towns in italy and australia give a fvck about marines pissing on dead terrorists?

most working class folk are inherintly conservative, not in voting style but in lifestyle.

i would probably be called a communist in the states but far right/far left in the uk.

as to why it was easier to kill orthodox serbs during that war again i think oil was the answer.
either back the bosnian muslims or your oil gets cut off.

ive seen nothing to change that view.

remember the allies bombed belgrade on easter sunday a double bonus for yank liberals.

if i could put my thoughts more articulate i would. but i cant.

i just see liberals as an enemy the same as i see neo cons as an enemy.

i take it you wont find it too hard to work out which italian team i support lol

vvvvvvvv

frankster dont forget there was another empire. im sure it
had roman in its name lol
 unYOUsual
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:51:03 AM

stop illegally inserting ourselves in something that is no concern of ours.
I finally agree with Cotter..we should worry about our Country's welfare and forget about other countries until we get ourselves back on track..this includes ending foreign aide of any type...
 Viper1E
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/16/2012 7:13:27 AM
NO your more worried about some dead pissed on muslium who would of willing chopped you and your families up , while you whined on about how nasty and brutal the horible marine corps are .

Perhaps one of the more ironic twists of the whole thing is how some pick and choose the pieces of the culture that they like and discard the rest they don't.

The reason that this is such a big to do, is that in the muslim religion, a dead body is supposed to be "sacred" , so what the Marines did is "inhuman" and the liberals cry: "We must respect their culture!" But this is the very same culture that advocates 30 year old men marrying 8 years olds, and the liberals cry "We must CHANGE their culture!"

Well? Which is it? Pick a side and stick with it!

As for the "higher standard" thing, it means to not start it. Only a fool stands there in boxing shorts, spouting the Marquis Of Queensbury rules while facing a psycho with a straight razor.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 7:20:29 AM
Still doing the pissing contests here I see.

The unnecessary, illegal, immoral, and brainless act of pissing on dead alleged insurgents will only endanger not only the Afghan peace process that would save countless lives, but endanger fellow troops for the foreseeable future as acts like these are used to rachet up opposition to our occupations around the world. They only re-enforce the perception that the US troops are at war with the Islamic world, are above national and international law, and have no morality or respect for other cultures.

To call for justice for these offenders is far more patriotic than defending such violations of law and decency. When we sign the dotted line to serve, we agree to domestic and international rules and laws on warfare including the UCMJ, Geneva Conventions, Rules of Engagement (ROE) and Laws of Armed Conflict (LOAC.)
LOAC for dummies..
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/wars/a/loac.htm

International and Domestic Law
LOAC comes from both customary international law and treaties. Customary international law, based on practice that nations have come to accept as legally required, establishes the traditional rules that govern the conduct of military operations in armed conflict. Article VI of the US Constitution states that treaty obligations of the United States are the “supreme law of the land,” and the US Supreme Court has held that international law, to include custom, are part of US law. This means that treaties and agreements the United States enters into enjoy equal status as laws passed by Congress and signed by the President. Therefore, all persons subject to US law must observe the United States’ LOAC obligations. In particular, military personnel must consider LOAC to plan and execute operations and must obey LOAC in combat. Those who violate LOAC may be held criminally liable for war crimes and court-martialed under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

As for the GOD thang...Religion itself has adjusted it's morality upward through the ages otherwise the Christians among us would still be practicing olde testament religious teachings that make the Taliban look like choir boys. Do we really want to return to the good old days? http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

Aires...the "In God We Trust" motto for the US was codified in 1956 in response to McCarthyism hysteria against "godless commies". Saying that religions ensure morality ignores the facts that there is far more morality in more secular nations than there is in the US, and that secular US states exhibit higher standards of morality than the most religious. But that's another thread. That moral being that natural rights universally recognized within and outside of religions have far more to do with morality, international and domestic laws, military conduct, and the advance of civility in the world.

To oppose a Theocracy in the US is not equivalent to "hating Christians" or religion. To oppose war crimes by our own has nothing to do with disrespecting our fellow troops our countrymen and women. To place men and women in harms way to protect corporate interests do no equate to protecting us. We once dreamed of setting the standard for civilized behavior after the attrocities of WW II. To abandon that now because we got a little scared is to bow to defeat on our ideals.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 8:12:56 AM
EP

whats the geneva code on partizans, insurgents, terrorists or militants?

they are not regular army are they? what nations uniform do they wear?

if they are non afghan terrorists then they are mercenaries and dont mercenaries
get killed on sight?

much like the libyan 'freedom' fighters slaughtered the mercenaries who fought
for gahdaffi

surely the afghan army is covered by the geneva convention? if thats the
case then the terrorist taliban are not an army.

an army of their god maybe, but youse lot hate gods so why concern yourselves?

and i know there are talks going on still does not mean terrorists have 'rights'

and obviously annointed and hilarys war with iran thats in the offing? what corporate
interests are involved in that?
 cotter
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:22:50 AM

do you people just hate ANYBODY who is proud to serve ??
Proud to serve ... my daughter was proud to serve and she never would have tolerated any such behavior in the troops she commanded.

1 small mistake , and it is a heat of the moment thing we are taking about here...
We need people who can think past the end of their nose ... who are capable of thinking things through and consider the ramifications of irresponsible behavior ... the consequences could cost a lot of innocent military personnel their lives.

... do you really think those lads got up one morning and sat at breakfast planning to piss on a corpse ??
From the looks of things it appears as if they basically disengaged their brains long enough to take a piss.

you truely are pathetic , weak and undeserving of the love those lads have for you and the rest of your fellow countrymen , because thats why they signed up , to protect YOU
Actually, a good many of them signed up to play GI Joe because they couldn't make it on the outside ... couldn't get the education to find a job ... didn't have the intelligence to keep a job ... can't basically function without 24-hour per day guidance. You see what happens when we them out on their own.

every argument a liberal on here uses, well an american liberal anyway is about their hatred of christianity. every debate ends up with hatred of that one religion.
Too bad about that misunderstanding. I think it's safe to say I am a liberal, but I do not hate Xtianity ... just don't want it in the schools and government that my taxes support.

I honestly don't need some hypocrite moralizing (preaching) to my children and I don't think politicians have the right to impose their Xtian (again hypocritical) morals on me and my family. Believe it or not, there are those of us who are non-religious and still find the where with all from within to be and act morally.

I don't need perverted adulterous politicians telling me what I can and cannot do with my body.

get off your saggy ass and go do it yourself then ?? or dont you have the time ?
I work in the war zones here ... taking care of the guys when they come back with their PTSD/Cancer (from being exposed to all the DU dirty bombs)/loss of limbs ... that the VA doesn't feel responsible for.

That puts me in immediate contact with ex-military personnel who served there and did not lower themselves to such inappropriate behavior.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:49:15 AM
cotter

i would support a ban on religion being drummed into bairns.

i would say the french have the right idea and ban all religious
symbols except from the house or their place of worship.

no more crucifixes, no more burkas, no more hasidic jewish dress
no more turbans

what an ideal world

when do you think that will happen then?
 Aries_328
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 10:08:05 AM
I don't think we need to worry about banning religion.

I support it not being taught in school as a dogma but do not support it being ignored as though it doesn't exist.

I support not having any organized religion as a basis for government and laws but do not support eradicating every possible link found that may have some origin in religion.

I support our leaders not acting through the will of God but do not support demanding that leaders be without spiritual beliefs.

IOW I do not support the government telling us what we should all do with our minds as much as what we should do with our bodies.

And for the record. I am very non-religious in life. I don't even really have a way to teach my daughter about religion because I find most religion distasteful. That doesn't mean I don't have a natural belief in God. I just think people suck at it.

As for the OP I do find it amazing that the liberal and non-religious are offended by what happens with a dead body in this case. If there was consistency the positions here should be reversed. The moral outrage should be coming from the right while the acceptance of 'it’s just a dead body' should be from the left. Funny how things don't always line up as they should.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/16/2012 10:15:09 AM

you truely are pathetic , weak and undeserving of the love those lads have for you and the rest of your fellow countrymen , because thats why they signed up , to protect YOU

You sir are misguided. they are not protecting anyone, wake up to the nightmare that is, the military industrial complex . Military families live under the ruse of honor but are in fact, as henry kissinger put it...

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals, to be used as pawns in foreign policy." Henry Kissinger. quoted in , Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own P.O.W.s in Vietnam

Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.
– Henry Kissinger, 56th U.S. Secretary of State and 1973 Nobel Prize-Winner for Peace

Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government.
– Henry Kissinger
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 10:15:16 AM
Vlad,
When all else fails we rely on semantics to re-define those at the receiving end of our gunpoint "democracies". Reagan referred to the same people in Afghanistan as the moral equivalent to our Founding Fathers when they were are buds and negotiating the pipeline deal. When we are done with former allies, we flip the switch and they become some other convenient label to justify any means necessary to contain what we loved, nurtured and created when they were on our side. Saddam was our great hope against Iran for awhile, and we lauded him with chemical and biological weapons and arms. Ooops..time to flip the switch.

At various points in the oil wars, our paid mercenaries outnumbered actual troop strength on the ground. By your reasoning, the majority of Americans and others doing for profit war there would not be covered by the rules of war? Do Eric Princes' Christian Milita members of Blackwater/xE qualify for protection over Taliban fighters..the former freedom fighters?

For the most part, we have to take the troops word for it that those they killed were actually combatants and that there were no drop guns used to cover up mistakes. These are the fuzziest wars and battlelines fought since Vietnam and the carpet bombing there, bad intel and mistaken obliteration of entire villages. It gets even worse in the age of drone warfare where the bodies are routinely referred to as "militants" or "suspected militants" including the 168 children documented thus far in Pakistan. http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175489/tomgram:_nick_turse,_drone_disasters_/#more
The more terror we rain down upon civilians, the more we engage in lawlessness, disrespect, and fall down to the level of barbarians, the more of the same we shall reap.

When we refer to everyone in a combat zone, or even citizens in the US who oppose certain PNAC objectives and illegal military operations as "terrorists", we have diluted any meaning out of the word. There seems to be little burden of proof on the delivery end of the gun and the dead no longer have the ability to tell their side of the story.

And yes, the inertia of the impending train wreck set in stage after 9/11 will be difficult to control and even the most well meaning former liberals in government here succumbed to the inertia. After all, our oil is still under Libyan and Iranian soils as well, the end times Dominionist/Reconstructionists keep stoking the Israeli engine, and we are pretty screwed at this point. The sabre rattling from our far right is intent on escalating the wars throughout the middle east and beyond, and even an isolationist like Ron Paul, if elected, would probably find himself caught up in the inertia of the impending wreck. I am as disappointed as anyone in the Obama we got instead of the one who ran. But at this point we can only try to minimize the casualties of the impending derailment, hope that the Nukes are not unleashed, try to keep our troops as safe as possible, try to find a way to take control of government back from corporations and the MIC, and perhaps restore honesty and sanity sooner than later.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 10:33:14 AM
EP

so why are eric princes christian militia not seen as freedom fighters?

or do they oppose something dear to liberal hearts therefor becoming
terrorists

yep the taliban may have been an ally one time, so were the russians our
ally at one time. situations change.

now there is a new government in afghanistan, with its own army and police
who may or may not become enemy combatants one day.

i always thought the geneva convention allowed for the wearers of uniform to be
covered by the convention?

if thats the case then the taliban and their mercenaries are not covered by the
geneva convention are they?

THEY , the taliban dont recognise the geneva convention so who gives a donald
what happens to them?

saying that i would like to state that our troops should not be there. in my
opinion 50,000 afghans are not worth the life of one of our soldiers.

get all our troops home and leave them to it. no matter what regime has the oil they
still need a market to sell it to.

start stockpiling oil now and in years to come we can tell them that we dont need
what they have at the moment thank you but come back with a good price and we will do business with you.

apart from that i still stand by my stance of fvck them let them kill each other
and they will meet their sky wizard sooner rather than later
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/16/2012 10:37:28 AM

Why was it okay for the US to fund the mujahideen in Afghanistan to fight against the Soviets, but when any militia attacks the US, they are called "terrorists".

because these definitions depend on one's point of view. When the Brits controlled what is now the US, the insurgents who used snipers and booby-traps against the British troops in the later 18th century (1773-1776 or so) . .they were "terrorists" to the British Crown but later called 'patriots' by Americans.
Benedict Arnold, who was a British officer was loyal to his oath but called a traitor by Americans
 cotter
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 11:10:19 AM

I lost a good number of my school mates in Vietnam. Of the ones who returned, I discovered that a good many of them did not necessarily wear "uniforms" while doing what they did there. (As one Marine friend of mine put it ... "When out on recognizance, one does not brazenly march around in issued "greens" if they want to live for long.) Should they have been covered by the Geneva Convention? Or were they perhaps an "illegal enemy combatant"?

What determines a "uniform"?

That's what the previous administration would like people to believe ... that way they can justify torture and illegal imprisonment ... eh?
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/16/2012 11:14:19 AM

I lost a good number of my school mates in Vietnam. Of the ones who returned, I discovered that a good many of them did not necessarily wear "uniforms" while doing what they did there. (As one Marine friend of mine put it ... "When out on recognizance, one does not brazenly march around in issued "greens" if they want to live for long.) Should they have been covered by the Geneva Convention?

there have also been published photos of CIA and US special forces troops dressed in baggy native clothing , trying to look like native tribesmen - riding about on horseback, NOT in any uniforms, in Afghanistan -- so the Geneva Convention would not apply to them
 matchlight
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 12:22:37 PM
there have also been published photos of CIA and US special forces troops dressed in baggy native clothing , trying to look like native tribesmen - riding about on horseback, NOT in any uniforms, in Afghanistan -- so the Geneva Convention would not apply to them

That's true. It's also meaningless. No reasonable person thinks that Islamic jihadists, who make every sort of war crime their standard procedure, would treat U.S. personnel better if they captured them, just because they were in uniform.

The jihadists the U.S. is holding at Guantanamo are given all the rights legitimate POW's have under the Geneva Conventions, even though they have absolutely no right to them. There's a permanent Red Cross station at Guantanamo, and it conducts regular inspections. The libel that the U.S. has tortured them is a lie worthy of the Soviet propaganda of the 1950's.

Courtesy of Boumediene, a wrongly decided Supreme Court case, these persons even have a constitutional right to habeas, which no enemy combatants outside U.S. territory had ever had in this country's history. Your Attorney General and several hundred other lawyers--some of them radical leftists who despise the U.S.--have helped their lawfare a great deal.

In the Battle of the Bulge at the end of 1944, the U.S. Army captured a number of German agents in U.S. uniform. They were given a quick hearing, stood against the nearest tree, and shot. The Army even filmed their executions, and all of it complied with the laws of war. That's how unlawful enemy combatants have usually been treated.

There probably has never been a better disciplined military than the one the U.S. now has. War crimes are incidents of every war. Even in the Civil War, which was generally fought by the highest standards of honor, there were Andersonville and Fort Pillow.

Desecrating enemy corpses is against the laws of war, and I'm sure it's also against the Uniform Code of Military Justice, which is federal law. It's also about as trivial as war crimes get. But it's a boon to everyone who has been hoping for another chance to run down this country, while holding out the crying towel for the Islamist Nazis who believe Allah has commanded them to kill us all.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/16/2012 3:57:33 PM

THEY , the taliban dont recognise the geneva convention so who gives a donald
what happens to them?

Even if the Taliban fighters (or their mercenaries) aren't covered by the Geneva Convention, the US and Nato soldiers are covered by the laws that Earthpuppy clearly explained a few post back. Those are the soldiers that need to behave according to those rules. They may kill the enemies in combat, but they can't desecrate their corpses.

Now, if things over there as they should be, I am assuming that the US and Nato soldiers are killing the enemies, not just simple civilians who may be guarding their land and houses. In any case, you must accept (in order to make our soldiers look not so bad) that they killed enemies in combat, even though they may not have wearing a uniform. If so, you don't desecrate their bodies, because that is a war crime. Understand???????
 Worbug
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 4:17:41 PM
From above:

"get off your saggy ass and go do it yourself then ?? or dont you have the time ?"

"I work in the war zones here ... taking care of the guys when they come back with their PTSD/Cancer (from being exposed to all the DU dirty bombs)/loss of limbs ... that the VA doesn't feel responsible for. "

"That puts me in immediate contact with ex-military personnel who served there and did not lower themselves to such inappropriate behavior."

===============================================
You have no clue what these vets did or did not do just because they didn't get caught so get of the soap box.

I feel so sorry for these veterans. I am quite sure they are unaware how much you despise your country and it's military as it resinates in all of you post in this thread.

Kinda makes you a hypocrite to work in an atmosphere that profits from the veterans in my book. I would be willing to bet those veterans would nont care for your services if you were to spew your venum there like you do here. But we all know you will not because you would not be working there long.

And where do you get that the military is mainly comprised of all the misfits.

There is so much Grandstanding going on in this thread by the self proclaimed
righteous. I sit here wonderng why they still live in a country that they despise there government and military at such a great level. As for those outside the US I do not realy care what you think about our country, most of you sit Idle and do nothing but run you mouths and point your fingers.

If you do not like the way things are run do SOMETHING, anything. Run for office to set new laws, enlist in the military and set an example. Be part of the solution and not part of the problem. By the way, posting lengthly absurd comments for shock value here is not doing SOMETHING.

Like I said early, these Marines WILL be delt with and quite severely, most likely losing everything. Just curious when they lose everything and are discharged, fined, jailed will it be enough for you besautiful people. If not, what would be acceptible punishment for the offense.

I truly wish we would bring all our troops home and worry about our own borders, keeping all the terrorist (Non Existent, I know) and drugs out of our country, leaving the arab/muslim/islam's to stay in their own countries killing each other over what ever. In my opinion, there shoul not be one US troop in any coutry until everyone from those countries that are living here go home to fight the their own battles, and if they stayed there, that would ot hurt my feelings either. Then these situations will not arise. I am quite sure the other nations in this thread would be crying that we are doing nothing and the people here would be mad because the cannot get their dope. Wondering how many of poster's smoke your weed. A crime by the way and you should be punished as well, no matter how legal you think it should be, it is not.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]