Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban FighterPage 9 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

"get off your saggy ass and go do it yourself then ?? or dont you have the time ?"
"I work in the war zones here ... taking care of the guys when they come back with their PTSD/Cancer (from being exposed to all the DU dirty bombs)/loss of limbs ... that the VA doesn't feel responsible for. "

"That puts me in immediate contact with ex-military personnel who served there and did not lower themselves to such inappropriate behavior."
===============================================
You have no clue what these vets did or did not do just because they didn't get caught so get of the soap box.
"... didn't get caught ..."??

Is that to infer that all the military personnel who serve over in the Middle East do their best to generally break the rules, ignore the sensitivity training and just treat the innocents there as the "scum of the earth"? I have a feeling there might be some vets in here who would not fit that description. My daughter is a Middle East vet and she does not fit that description. Maybe you should be careful about making such statements ... and speak only for yourself.

Kinda makes you a hypocrite to work in an atmosphere that profits from the veterans in my book.
I take care of veterans who have been thrown and kicked to the curb by the VA and Pentagon. You know, PTSD doesn't really exist ... the cancer they have has nothing to do with DU dirty bombs that were being thrown around them like candy.

I would be willing to bet those veterans would nont care for your services if you were to spew your venum there like you do here.
They adore me and we talk about these things all the time. We talk about how glad they are that they got sucked into an illegal war and got to kill all those innocent people and how they are thrilled that their government (especially the guy who sent them into that Hell) has cut their benefits and now they get to apply for Welfare and hope they don't land homeless on the street.

It might interest you to know that not all who served and are still serving are so brainwashed about the actual mission of the jerk who just thought those dumb desert dwellers were going to turn over their oil without putting up a fight.

It might interest you to know that not all are so inconsiderate of other nation's rights and cultures and religious backgrounds. They actually think it's their responsibility to represent their country appropriately.

But we all know you will not because you would not be working there long.
I'm a home health nurse and these people are thrilled to have me show up and help them with their problems ... something that good ole "Uncle Sam" doesn't think they're service to their country makes them worthy of.

It might interest you to know that not all who are in the military appreciate the war-mongering habits of the jerk who got them involved in the current conflicts.

Like I said early, these Marines WILL be delt with and quite severely, most likely losing everything.
Maybe they should have engaged their brains during "sensitivity training". Maybe they should have learned (like most gradeschoolers) to think past the end of their nose before embarking on such abominable behavior. (You know, "Gee I wonder if what we're about to do would have any adverse ramifications ... if what we're about to do is illegal? I wonder if what we're about to do could cause us to lose our jobs?")

I truly wish we would bring all our troops home and worry about our own borders, keeping all the terrorist (Non Existent, I know) and drugs out of our country, leaving th arab/muslim/islam's to stay in their own countries killing each other over what ever.
It doesn't surprise me that there might be those who believe there was never any peace in the Middle East, but believe me there really was a time (before the Zionists got so greedy) that all those "non-Christians" really did live together in rather peaceful ways.

In spite of the blinders some have become so comfortable with, there is a very good reason we were attacked and it would not have happened if we could just learn to mind our own business. I don't expect someone who has been so indocrinated to war-mongering to understand that we can be critical of the injustices some of our leaders partake in and still love our country.

I suppose only a mother of four very diverse children could do that ... we love our children no matter what, we just don't always love everything they get into.

You can degrade and demean us all you want, but you can't stop us from being indignant over what those Marines did. It's just one more blemish that unfortunately has become all too common ........ but something some of us will never excuse and NEVER get used to.
 cotter
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/16/2012 7:38:44 PM

Hey cotter
You wrote:
"It might interest you to know that not all who served and are still serving are so brainwashed about the actual mission of the jerk who just thought those dumb desert dwellers were going to turn over their oil without putting up a fight."

So I guess now we own the oil........ right?
Nope ... it was our hope to take control, but the (assumed) "dumb desert dwellers" were smarter than "Dumbya" thought. They wouldn't sign over the oil to him and they got so pissed at him that now not a single US company got any contracts. So all that blood lost for nothing.

All those more than 1.2 million innocent lives and poisoned land as well as our dead military personnel (not to mention the maimed and mutilated) ... all of it for nothing. "Dumbya" supporters should be proud!!! Even though he didn't get what he wanted, they get the satisfaction of killing over 1.2 million Muslims.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1948787,00.html
U.S. Companies Shut Out as Iraq Auctions Its Oil Fields
Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oil industry for the next couple of decades.

http://www.alternet.org/world/36463/
The Great Iraq Oil Grab
The official reasons the U.S. invaded Iraq don't hold water. So, as the man said, follow the money ... straight to the oil fields.
May 22, 2006 |

There's a story, perhaps apocryphal, that Pentagon planners wanted to name the invasion of Iraq, "Operation Iraqi Liberation." Only when someone realized that the acronym -- O.I.L. -- might raise some uncomfortable questions, was "Operation Iraqi Freedom" born.

Supporters of the Iraq war airily dismiss chants of "no blood for oil" as a manifestation of the antiwar crowd's naïveté. They point out that Iraq's government still controls its oil and argue that we could have simply bought it on the open market.

Both of those claims are true on their face, but bringing Iraq's vast oil wealth under the control of foreign multinationals -- with U.S. firms the best positioned to develop it -- was always central to U.S. plans for Iraq. That Iraq's oil will continue to be "owned" by the "Iraqi people" is what differentiates classical 19th-century colonialism practiced by British officers in pith helmets from the neocolonialism the United States perfected in the second half of the 20th century. The newer brand can be summed up like this: We'll respect your sovereignty and abide by your domestic laws -- as long as we can help you write those laws to guarantee our firms' profits.

That's the central tenet of corporate globalization.

If we "OWN" the oil, why are we paying for it?
That's the joke, Paul ... "Dumbya" thought he could out-maneuver and out-smart the (supposed) "dumb desert dwellers" and grab their oil. As you can see, like pretty much everything else he ever laid his hands on ... he failed.

Or could it just possibly be that we don't "own" the oil? Are we buying the oil? If so, why, because we, according to you, now "OWN" it?
I'm pretty sure that is a dumb attempt to make me look stupid when in fact those who write such nonsense are showing their own stupidity.

Or wait..... since we went over there to take the oil from those who wouldn't turn it over without a fight, and now we are paying for it, then we lost that war....... Right?
Yes ... we lost in more ways than the "Dumbya" followers can ever imagine. Mind you, they lost nothing ... they had everything to gain.

It was us "commoners" who lost ... and we lost big. We lost our precious family members and the Iraqi people lost even more, because we poisoned their land while we were at it.

That reminds me ... for all you neo-conservatives opposed to abortion ... I'm sure you will be willing to open your homes to all the birth-defected babies Iraqi women are now producing thanks to our DU dirty bombs.

Who knew.......
The previous administration knew all too well. "Dumbya" was just in it to make a name for himself ... he wanted to be a "war" president. Well, he got his wish ... eh?

OT ...
Whether or not we got the oil ... still does not justify inappropriate behavior of our military personnel ... EVER!
 unYOUsual
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/17/2012 8:33:32 AM
War is hell....putting rules in War is retarded....so some dead dudes were pissed on...would you prefer they were stripped and dragged through the streets?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:15:42 AM

War is hell....putting rules in War is retarded....so some dead dudes were pissed on...would you prefer they were stripped and dragged through the streets?

Americans don't like people desecrating the bodies of the dead. Period! We don't like it when others desecrate the corpses of our soldiers, and we don't like it when "our boys" either out of stupidity, or under the effect of intoxicants clouding their brains, desecrate the corpses of the enemies they killed in battle. One of the reasons is that the enemies might seek revenge, tit for tat, creating more hate and prolonging the fight.

What happens when some drunk or drugged teenagers go to the cemetery and kick down the headstones in your local cemetery? I don't know about your town, but where I live, those teenagers go to jail for a while and their parents end up paying for the cost of restoration of the damage caused by the "error in judgment" of their boys.

It is un-American to justify the desecration of the corpses of the enemies by pissing on them. People who are saying that the marines should have also defecated on the corpses, and take their eyes out to fvck their skulls, because their military instructors have told them that it is ok to hate the enemy and committing war crimes is nothing new in the history of humanity, are no better than the enemies who desecrate the corpses of American soldiers.

So, putting rules on War is retarded now? How enlightening!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 12:59:48 PM
cotter

serious question

if the bush admin pulled funding from damaged veterans, and shame on them
and may they rot in whatever hell they fear, why did the obama admin
not reinstate the help for the laddies and lassies?

i would have thought with the obama admin pulling us into war with iran
that they would have tried a propaganda coup before they sent the lassies and
laddies into iran?

imported labour

understand???????

no???????
(im every ist, ism and ophobic in the liberal insult lexicon. and thick as two giant
redwoods nailed together remember???????

kitten

im manly man, ggggrrrrrrr tigress and if you ever visit edinburgh
gies a shout.

outof control

decorator as in over your side of the pond? limp wrist, lisp and hand on hip
like someone has stole a roll of carpet from under my arm?

na just a plain auld painter and decorator. painting hooses.
your welcome to hold my extended pole and i'll catch any drips though cupcakes

mwah
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 206
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:07:04 PM

if the bush admin pulled funding from damaged veterans, and shame on them
and may they rot in whatever hell they fear, why did the obama admin
not reinstate the help for the laddies and lassies?

In the US if the other side even without a majority can stall and block pretty much anything it wants.

The republican party has bought the government to its knees in the attempt to make things worse and them blame it on Obama.

They have even turned off cameras to legislative sessions, so people would not seem them walking out on the job, all so they can block appointments of people by the president.

One side presents that bill and all the other side does is say yeah we are cool with that as long as you do this and then it becomes a pissing match.

i would have thought with the obama admin pulling us into war with iran
that they would have tried a propaganda coup before they sent the lassies and
laddies into iran?

How is he doing that?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:18:56 PM
aris

doing what? pulling us into war with iran?

well every day i seem to see one of his cronies making all
the noises about a war with iran

mad hilary is on tv over here all the time sabre rattling

im sorry if thats not what you meant

as for the veterans and their treatment is there NOTHING the admin
in charge just now could do?

seems a strange set up mate
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 208
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:26:30 PM
as for the veterans and their treatment is there NOTHING the admin
in charge just now could do?

seems a strange set up mate

Yep, its set up so one side can never take complete control, but the problem is, some people use it to their advantage to be d*cks.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:30:05 PM
aris

for once being serious with you

what about the war question?

dont you think obamas mob are hauling us into a war?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:50:42 PM

dont you think obamas mob are hauling us into a war?

I don't think so. War with Iran is not inevitable. The Obama administration is more interested in imposing economic sanctions. They need to get the cooperation of as many countries that were buying oil and trading with Iran as possible for the sanctions to have the desired effect of bringing Iran to the negotiating table. The sanctions strategy will only work if our supposed allies don't cheat and start buying oil from Iran through 3rd party intermediaries, kind of what some Europeans were doing when the sanctions were applied against Saddam Hussein's Iraq.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:10:42 PM
imported

so it wasnt bush's fault it was europes?

and if you cant see a war coming mate you better open your eyes now

ps folks if you even remotely have views like mine beware
a poster from the uk who has sent a profile of someone they dont
like to an outside site along with photos from the geezers pof profile.

they also allegedly multi post

but i have the web page where the sneaky east german stasi style
'liberal' has posted another members photos
 Imported_labor
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:48:19 PM

so it wasnt bush's fault it was europes?

No, no, no. It was Bush's war, no doubt about it. He lied and lied some more, until he got enough people to go along with him. He wanted to invade Iraq, no doubt about it. Of course, some of the European countries cheating on the boycott helped Bush to push harder to get his war going. Don't distort what I stated clearly in the previous post. I said "some European countries," not Europe.

and if you cant see a war coming mate you better open your eyes now

There is a war coming? How do you know that?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:52:51 PM
lets call it intuition imported

if obama and mad hilary dont have us in a war within
a year i shall eat humble pie mate

and apologise to everyone

and yes i apologise you said SOME european countrys

sorry
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 4:04:37 PM
Vlad.. Just as we cannot give the lil Chickenhawk full credit for the Iraq attack, we cannot place the full blame on Obama and Hil for the Iran attack. Lil Bush did have his whole need to prove himself tougher than his daddy, despite being dumber, and dumberer about it, and he readily played into the hands of the PNAC neocon puppeteers on it. Now as the inertia of stupidity is running full speed toward the cliff, the same players that orchestrated the last oil wars are the key architects of the next one. They are the neocons and Christian Zionists pushing this...not the libs, or what semblence of what we have for libs left here. Our racist, anti-environmental candidate Ron Paul got booed last night in South Carolina for citing the golden rule in foreign policy. The rest of his far right colleagues are banging the war drums to applause.

http://www.salon.com/2011/11/22/the_boys_who_cry_holocaust/
 vlad dracul
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 4:28:54 PM
EP

i will give you 10/10 for sticking to your views

but to med, over here in the uk it seems like the obama administration
can do nothing wrong in your eyes.

im surprised because i didnt think you would subscribe to a party
dogma.

in your heart i think you know obama and mad hilary are going to
go to war and it will be a gutter for you

in fact dont you think mad hilary is plotting behind obamas back?

i genuinely like you geezer and would sit for a pint with you

but your world view is wrong mate

in my eyes anyway
 Aries_328
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 5:03:18 PM

i will give you 10/10 for sticking to your views

It is happening on every topic here. It doesn't matter what it was. If it is negative and political it was Bush and Obama is only cleaning up the mess.

Quite scary actually. It's all for our own good because we we are not careing enough. We don't give properly, we can't think properly.

Those that do things improperly must be punished. Severly if at all possible. Maybe charged with war crimes. How about treason. Next will be death penalties for those evil criminals (unless you murdered someone because we know you did it over the economy and that was bushes fault)

Blind blind blind all in the name of good.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 5:10:25 PM
aries

i do see the pattern mate

this is just a forum where entrenched folk can have a wee sound off
and i cannot for the life of me know why people run to the mods
getting threads/posts removed

no one 'proves' anything

although the best laugh ive had for a while was middle aged white
guys getting upset over the size of mrs annointed arse lol

comedy gold
 matchlight
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 5:44:40 PM
If this president wants a war with Iran, he sure hasn't shown any signs of it. He's agreed to postpone a military exercise with Israel this spring, sent the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs to Israel, and done nothing to challenge Iran's warning not to send another carrier through the Strait of Hormuz--all in one week.

Just the possibility that Iran might close the Strait of Hormuz for a few days, and the military conflict with the U.S. that would set off, is driving up the price of oil. With the financial situation in Europe being what it is, I think Obama will go out of his way not to do anything that would make our economy worse. Not because he cares about the U.S., because showing weakness to Iran is more dangerous now than ever. He just wants to be re-elected.
 cotter
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 8:19:30 PM

Not the way I see it ... it's just the way the information is passed along.

There are plenty of people who voted for OBAMA who are not at all satisfied how things are going. Then there are those who realized a long time ago that just as the county didn't go down the tubes in 2 simple years, so the clean-up will also take time.

I'm not at all happy with the way things are going ... broke economy, broke congress, broke job market, broke "a lot things in a lot of ways". However, obstructionism is definitely not the solution just as not giving this man a chance to clean up the mess will not do anyone any good.

If I thought voting for someone else would be a good solution, I'd be right there. I can't imagine that the US will go to war on the OBAMA watch ... no matter how much sabre rattling Hillary does. Ultimately she just takes orders from the POTUS ... she is not allowed to make policy on her own.

I think the faster we get out of the Middle East ... IN EVERY WAY ... the better it will be for the US and the world. The faster we get our military out of the Middle East ... the better it will be and the easier it will be for us to babysit some of the hoodlums who behave inappropriately.

========================================
To post #267 ...

"The faster we get our military out of the Middle East ... the better it will be and the easier it will be for us to babysit some of the hoodlums who behave inappropriately."

... but then we have been doing a pretty good job of keeping the militant islamists in line so far.
Never really would have been any kind of problem if we would have minded our own business a little over 60 years ago.

But, when we have more military freed up, we will be able to do even a better job.
Dream on. That's a joke ... right?

Our military really has not done anything to keep anyone in line ... "do even a better job". Hell, they can't even keep 4 Marines from pissing on the dead bodies of the (supposed) enemies. They were breaking the law and for all we know they lied about who they were pissing on ... could have easily just been 4 innocent civilians. (I mean, what's a couple more in the bundle of 1.2 + million innocents we've already murdered?)

With the way some of our military are indoctrinated, it's a miracle we don't see more of that inappropriate behavior.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 4:40:53 AM
this is from our foreign secratery william hague now i believe that any comments
made by our government have been run by the white house first.

this from todays telegraph (which is normally the mouthpiece for a tory government the libdems are a nonentity and will vanish for years to come at the next election after selling their souls for a wee bit power)

He ( hague) repeated long-standing government policy that military action was being neither ruled in or out, but said: "This is an increasingly dangerous situation that Iran is developing a military nuclear programme.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9016321/Europe-set-to-announce-ban-on-Iranian-oil-William-Hague-says.html

the uk is no longer a power although it may think it is. even after obama being declared (ok it is a blog) the most anti britsh president in recent history i believe we will still stand by you shermans no matter what annointed throws at us

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100088961/barack-obama-top-ten-insults-against-britain-2011-edition/

i truly hope there is no war and none of our troops get hurt, maimed or killed. maybe its time the arab league were getting of their arses and doing something and we in the west FORCING israel to start talking to its neighbours and stop being so intransigent and belligerent.

hold on a minuet i think i just seen a pig flying past my window
 Aries_328
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:35:50 PM

hold on a minuet i think i just seen a pig flying past my window

Oh look at that. It's like a whole new world now. Things just poooof away like they were never here.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/18/2012 9:16:27 PM
It is happening on every topic here. It doesn't matter what it was. If it is negative and political it was Bush....

True, not surprising and get used to it. I posted three years ago that everything negative that happens for the next 20 years will be blamed on Bush. The loony posters in the Political forum answered that's right and for good reason. This was the reply before any instance or example was referenced. Just yeah it's Bush's fault for the next 20 years. It's the only thing Obama has to run on and the reason he won't agree to more than 1 or 2 debates this coming election year.
If Bush were in office this whole debacle of piss would be pinned on him in the same way abu ghraib was.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 223
Posted: 1/19/2012 9:42:23 AM
Seriously, I wished they'd have urinated on a Koran as well. Had the moment been right, it would have been hunky dory with me if they'd taken a serious dump on the bodies (and Koran) as well. Too bad there weren't some pigs handy; pig blood and pig guts on a dead raghead carcass. Works for me.

Flame on.

And you say that wearing the uniform? Knowing full well they violated the UCMJ and the Geneva conventions they swore to uphold? Knowing they just gave the enemy MORE fodder to hate us and treat OUR troops humanely? Really? You embarrass the uniform and the rest of us who wore it with honor.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 224
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:01:37 AM
Worbug, as a Marine, you should know better. They violated military law. They violated their oaths AS marines. They exhibited terrible judgement and poor impulse control. (This last is key. I don't want someone with bag judgement and poor impule control behind me with a loaded weapon.)

And I am certainly no backseater. I served on the USS Forrestal in the early 80s, then later on joined the Army and got to visit Bosnia and Kuwait for the fireworks there. BTDT got the scars.

In war is when it's most important to hold onto your humanity and values, because thats where it's easiest and most "excusable" (for lack of a better phrase) to lose them. None of this situation happened in the heat of battle, when the blood is boiling and emotions running wild. This was an action they had plenty of time to comprehend, plan, and time to not do what they did. They're fighting an opponent (The Taliban weren't our enemies until we invaded them, and were our allies for something like 2 decades) who has been told since birth that Americans HATE muslims, and would visit atrocities on them at every turn, and then we've done so with Abu Gharib, Gitmo, etc. And these idiots just added fuel to the fire. They deserve fully what they're gonna get, because they made life that much harder for everyone in country with their stupid little frat boy act.

Most of all they represent America. Thats one of the things they were supposed to learn in basic. But I guess lowering recruiting standards didn't hurt a thing.
 want to travel
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2012 1:27:48 PM
I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO JUSTIFY WHAT THOSE MARINES DID
I served in the military, was posted in the states, I got to know the US soldier, marine.......
truthfully I am not one bit surprised , the american soldier, lacks over all discipline ,training, and cultural sensitivity training

the sad truth is most of the young men and women in the US forces, are there to escape ,poverty at home
the truth is they did not join to hurt and oppress people
the joined to have a better life for themselves, travel, get an education and so on....

I also think, things like this is more the rule, than the exception
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter [closed]