Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > responses to female sent emails      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thee_Stranger
Msg: 23
responses to female sent emailsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yeah, it's pretty much the same on my end.

In my personal experience, I find that a lot of women on here -- at least in my area -- are kinda full of themselves. Even if they're not that smart and not stunningly attractive.

I reply to everything, but that can also bite you in the butt. Take it from me.
 veevee
Msg: 24
responses to female sent emails
Posted: 1/15/2012 7:56:29 PM
Maybe 25% of messages I've sent out get no reply if I initiate.

I've only been back here for about 2.5 mos. I can guess I've sent out maybe 20 msgs and one person didn't respond - no wait 2. I sent someone a link to a funny drummer (drummer at wrong gig on youtube) that said they played drums and in another talked about soundtracks to a movie they might like because they said they liked Last of the Mohicans. The messages were probably too boring and I didn't ask them questions that they even needed to respond, really. I'm not sure they needed a response lol One I thought wasn't going to respond but about a week later they did - said they had been gaming hehe

Randomly saying stuff is a crap shoot - depends on the person's mood when they read it.

Oh I thought of one more that didn't respond - a guy that had all caps in his profile. I messaged him and another guy doing the same thing in the same night thinking they probably just haven't been told that it's akin to screaming online. One was like - don't look then, the other said nothing - both still had all caps last I saw. That tells me that only 0% of people give a crap about your advice to improve their profile if they didn't ask.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/16/2012 11:00:46 AM
Remember, OP,

Only a small portion of the fish in the pond are going to find any one person attractive. And a person really has little idea who is attracted to him/her just by reading profiles. The person who initiates, man or woman, can only guess, so only a minority of initial contact messages will be sent to someone who is interested in the sender.

It IS a numbers game, no matter how badly a lot of folks on here want to believe that it isn't.

veevee, it's a crapshoot no matter how you approach it.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:11:33 PM
I think I've sent out maybe five messages since I first came here, off and on for about 9 months. I got replies from about half, maybe, but the messages were usually just stand-alone commentary on a particularly funny or crabby profile, and were not written to elicit a response...

I used to reply to every inbox message I got, but have since decided that messages consisting of "hi". Or "hay, sexy" did not involve any more effort than hitting the delete button, so I don't feel guilty doing just that any more...
 911love
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/17/2012 4:32:34 PM
Non-newtonian Fluid

I was looking at your profile and you should not put yourself down. Change the captions on some of your pictures. You are very pretty and you need to make sure guys know you are ok with youself!
 adora71
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/17/2012 7:01:27 PM
Here is my story: My last relationship was with a guy who I messaged first and he took me out only because his plans for the night flaked on him and he didn't want to stay home alone that night. He had not read my profile or anything.

Anyways, we wound up dating for a year. I would say about half of the messages I sent out got responses.
 EyStar
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/4/2015 4:34:28 PM
What is smart ?
Is someone that has a wall full of diplomat and achievements OR someone who lives in the desert or jungle and gets rid of his demons .
You can teach a chimpanzee college algebra in 48 hours .
It is all about how you relate to ppl .
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > responses to female sent emails